PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to be that sexy Acrotecher?

pso123hrf
Apr 18, 2007, 07:41 PM
Okay now that I realize that they do even MORE SUPPORT <_>;; I guess I'll switch for the ability to do buffs/heal + attack ;3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso123hrf on 2007-05-08 09:31 ]</font>

Deja
Apr 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
I can't wait, buffs are not dependant on TP, which my Cast EXCELS in (i swears). I'll be no doubt turning from Cast fT to aT as soon as we get the expansion on these shores, aka 2015. Anyways, it's got cards, which I love, daggers, and twin guns....oh and lvl 50 buffs. Hawt.

Kimil
Apr 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
I may too... lately everyone is going techer so I may stay Wartecher. Been playing with attack techs so I may still go AT...

Beast AT? omg boot!

Angelo
Apr 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
Acrotecher is mega sexy. I'd never play as one but I can't wait to team with 'em.

TorterraEndor
Apr 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
I've been considering having my character who will be going FT go AT. Its going back and forth everyday

I got lots of time to think about it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, my female newman whom I created just now is going to be an Acrotecher. I kinda wanted the whips and being able to do spells and such.

Kimil
Apr 18, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-04-18 19:27, Shiroryuu wrote:
Yeah, my female newman whom I created just now is going to be an Acrotecher. I kinda wanted the whips and being able to do spells and such.

Make a beast Wartecher then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If you are interested in the whips more I mean, They are the best users of whips by the looks of it

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 18, 2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I think my 4th slot will either be Newman fF or Beast WT, one of those. I do miss HUnewearl, but AT is mostly cuz I wanted a Force that can melee on one of my other alt characters.

Soukosa
Apr 18, 2007, 09:39 PM
AT is not a pure support char
AT is not like an FT or WT
AT is not a good class for casts and beasts
AT is not a OMGWTF powerful class

If you want more than that, go look in the posts, I've only explained them 50 times with others.

KamiSori
Apr 18, 2007, 09:58 PM
i hope humans get a bonus as this class.

Itoshi
Apr 18, 2007, 10:22 PM
ME!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SirenV
Apr 18, 2007, 10:49 PM
Yes! I am... one of my characters is, that is. She was supposed to be a human though... why I made her a Numan is beyond me... it's starting to bother me now. (My other character was supposed to be the Numan and he ended up as a beast... gahh I'm so confused!)

Anyway! Really looking forward to those whips.

Weeaboolits
Apr 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
Two words: Fast Daggers.
I'm in.

Tra
Apr 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-04-18 17:41, pso123hrf wrote:
<_> I'm obviously 1 of them, because I'm tired of only healing and buffing the party, so now its time for a change

yet acrotechers are the best at buffing and healing...

Kimil
Apr 18, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-04-18 19:39, Sounomi wrote:

But it still is the BEST one, and support can be ver time consumming if you are the only one who willcan in a party

No shi, no class is like another, I'm not expecting that

They are just as good at support as newms, with better ability to take damage, they are even better than newms at support.

I'M NOT EXPECTING THAT!

Kaloa
Apr 18, 2007, 11:39 PM
I haven't decided yet. The class looks tempting, but I really want those srank wands and rods. I might make a seperate character later on to pursue the AT path.

Paramedic
Apr 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
I'm loving Guntecher, but I'll check it out.

This class' role seems a little confusing now, according to Sounomi's information. If it's not pure support, not like Fortetecher or Wartecher, (Maybe a little like Guntecher?) then what exactly is it?

Acrotecher has no melee weapons capable of feasible damage. (Your bread and butter damage cannot be from meleeing) 30 attack techs is nice, but I'd rather be Fortetecher if I'm dealing damage via techs. Fortetecher has support technics at a decent level as well, more than enough to be doing full-support in a party. Note: Acrotecher cannot use S-rank wands, so that'll hurt their tech-damage a little bit.

This class sounds gimp or misplaced. Other than the fact that it has 50 support techs and decent skill, bullet, and tech caps, what else is so great about it? It seems to be trying to overwrite Wartecher. (Wartecher being the "jack-of-all-trades" class) But when I look at the changes to Wartecher in the expansion, they seem to be very similar. Except that Wartecher can deal feasible melee damage as well as deal better tech damage. (Same level techs, and S-rank wands)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paramedic on 2007-04-18 21:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paramedic on 2007-04-18 22:01 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
AT is not a OMGWTF powerful classIn your opinion.

I'm playing a Beast AT in the beta.

Not pure support: I can't address that, as I haven't played in a party yet, nor do I have enough money to purchase all the techs I'd need. However, they get the highest leveled support, meaning they will be the most support-oriented class of any around, with Fortecher coming in at a close second. Guntecher falls in at third, and Wartecher is left pitifully in last place, which is just sad.

Not like an fT or WT: I have not played an fT yet (though I am leveling a Newman force on regular PSU, so I know how the class plays), but my main is a Beast WT. So far, AT is playing pretty much exactly like my WT, with the exception of actually having a decent option for an offhand weapon. Madoogs make flinging Foie and Diga at big monsters from a safe distance very easy. Apart from that, most damage is dealt with twin and single daggers, which are two of the weapons most commonly used on my AT, so it feels right at home.

Not a good class for Beast or Cast: Uh, well, considering support techs (bar Resta) do not depend on TP, and the majority of teching an AT will do is support, I don't see the problem, especially since Cast and Beast have stats more favorable to melee, which is a large portion of what an AT does. Sure, your attack techs will be weaker, but attack techs in general are strong enough that they still do decent damage. Keep in mind that AT also has higher TP than WT. So yeah, Beast works fine for AT. I've been able to successfully solo most of the new missions with little difficulty (bosses are another story--it's rather hard to solo a boss that's ten levels higher than you), including the Forest mission with level 20 enemies and level 30 Bils at the end. Sure, it wasn't fast, but soloing with any class never is.

Not OMGWTF powerful: Honestly, I think AT is overpowered as it is in the beta. Personally, I find it extremely unfair that Fortechers can now be outsupported by another class, especially since the only benefit to being a Newman is that you'll make a great Fortecher. From a statistical point of view, AT seems to have better stats than WT in too many areas. Then again, stats don't really mean anything in the long run, and I'm sure every class will be good enough to kill things.

pikachief
Apr 19, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-04-18 17:41, pso123hrf wrote:
<_> I'm obviously 1 of them, because I'm tired of only healing and buffing the party, so now its time for a change

um what are u talking about? your gonna be healing and buffing EVEN MORE as acro techer since they can get those to lvl 50! lol

well my 3rd character will be one

Aralia
Apr 19, 2007, 02:23 AM

If you want more than that, go look in the posts, I've only explained them 50 times with others.

I'm sure...
sounds like someone's trolling to me...
All I know is, to take advantage of everything the class has to offer you'll be doing:
1 Alot of support
2 similar style to wartecher (run in slash around, when the party/you are injured, cast resta{oh em gee, more support http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif}and cast spells from the side when you deem fit)
3 Be in the fray at least half the time (meaning you'll take dmg and that hp boost from cast and beast is lookin real nice right there)

The combination of the above will leave them as an "OMGWTF powerful class" as you so kindly put it.

I honestly don't see what point you're trying to argue... either prove it with detailed explanations that make sense and back up your claim or stop making it look like you don't want people to depend on AT's for support, cause that's how it looks to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: needed to correct a word in the quotes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-04-19 00:26 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 06:39 AM
i too didnt understand what Sounomi was trying to says, since clearly they get 50 support techs, it kinda is tryna say something. ZOMG SUPPORT OMG NAO!1111!1!!!111!

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 19, 2007, 06:40 AM
I'm going AT after getting all techs to lvl 40. THAT is when you can call me your slave ;D

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 06:42 AM
^ meh, i see no point in that, since theyre just gonna drop down to 30 (attack techs that is)

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 06:43 AM
I'm thinking about it. I mean I barely even have 1 skill capped. Let alone cap a bunch of Techs. So I'm quite skeptical. Maybe I'll just stay Guntech.

PJ
Apr 19, 2007, 06:49 AM
I'm staying Acrotecher, and I'll probably STILL support better than the Acrotechers. >_>

Allison_W
Apr 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
Getting back on topic, I'm totally going to make Allison Wilder into an AT. I originally conceived of her as a white mage type, which the AT looks as though it'll be good at; I love flexibility, which the AT appears to have in decent amount; and whips are sexy. That, and she's a human, so whatever the AT actually ends up being focused on, she'll be able to do it. Helps that I originally aimed her at the WT/fT path, too--her skills and techs will overlap with classes I already intended; only thing I have to make room for is twin handgun bullets.

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 19, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-04-19 04:42, Rashiid wrote:
^ meh, i see no point in that, since theyre just gonna drop down to 30 (attack techs that is)

I know of that ;D Just wanted to get everything at it's potential. Like in some cases, one team would need a nuker more than a healer, or another team would need the opposite. It's a techer based class either way but I feel better to be at my best potential class and level if I were to do one or the other.

Dragon_Knight
Apr 19, 2007, 07:34 AM
Yea I want to go AT as well. Not only for the mega buffs but also for the fact that the whip can spread SEs like butter.

GunnerGoddess
Apr 19, 2007, 08:30 AM
I'm going to switch my WT to AT. was thinking about switching my GT but remembered they get S rank bows soon lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 19, 2007, 09:11 AM
Tynselle will be back and forth between Guntecher and AcroTecher, most likely. It fits her storyline.

ShinMaruku
Apr 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
You shall call my AT Freyja.

Akaimizu
Apr 19, 2007, 09:21 AM
And you should call my AT Queen. "Oh ho ho ho ho ho!!!!" (brandishes Photon whip)

Sorry. That was just too much setup to pass up.

ShinMaruku
Apr 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
Freyja is queen of queens. They pray to her.. XD

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-04-19 05:31, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I know of that ;D Just wanted to get everything at it's potential. Like in some cases, one team would need a nuker more than a healer, or another team would need the opposite. It's a techer based class either way but I feel better to be at my best potential class and level if I were to do one or the other.

tru, if you switch around. as long as i got resta, im sure the party will be happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-04-19 08:12 ]</font>

xennec
Apr 19, 2007, 03:35 PM
You get S-rank cards, lvl 30 bullets, and probably better ATP than fT. What is there not to love?

And yes, they don't get S-rank wands, but they do get S-rank madoogs

Sharkyland
Apr 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
Oo another person wanting to be a Beast AT. XD Woot. Going to be both FT and AT for my Beast.

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-04-19 13:35, xennec wrote:
You get S-rank cards, lvl 30 bullets, and probably better ATP than fT. What is there not to love?

1) the hell i need ATP for, ima fortetecher! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
2) we already gotz 30 bullets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
3) same w/ S rank cards
4) no 40 attack techs ::thumbs down::

xennec
Apr 19, 2007, 04:04 PM
I mean better ATP for cards, my favorite weapon.

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
i suppose, im sure they will, since their main focus is support, and all ya need is resta/reverser wand, then throw all the cards ya want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ThEoRy
Apr 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
Ill be starting an alternate soon in order to play as an acrotecher. My Newman fT has way too many techs to be able to just switch classes. Wondering if i should make another newman, or maybe a cast though...

PALRAPPYS
Apr 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
I'm hoping to make an alt soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll make her a Newman WT (Although crap damage...) to get some of the basics up and when AoI comes she'll move right over to AT. After all, my original plan was to have her become a FT, but since Lan was already one, I was clueless. She was total support in PSO, so now it looks like she'll be getting a few extra melee weapons in there too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Apr 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
I shall abuse my mem card exploit to have a whole new set of character.
That said my AT will be named Mai.

EphekZ
Apr 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
I was hoping to stay WT( especially with S-rank wands and what not) but the lvl 20 techs is a killer for me, and since I mainly support I'll be going AT. Plus the multihit whips will be fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Apr 19, 2007, 07:37 PM
I are going be Sexy Acrotecher!!!11!!11111!

pso123hrf
Apr 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
O.o;;; I didn't expect anyone to respond on my topic lol

I'll be that sexy Acrotecher, seeing I'll be the slutteh Kairi (ALTERNATE DAMNIT) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

>:| <-------NOT MY HAPPY FACE

Laonex954x
Apr 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-04-19 13:44, Sharkyland wrote:
Oo another person wanting to be a Beast AT. XD Woot. Going to be both FT and AT for my Beast.

beast acrptecher all the way...in the begining of the post someone said that if you want to major in whips gor wartecher...ummm hello acrotechers get s rank whips....beast acrotecher will be strong with whips and and be able to keep them self alive with support lv50...can i just say madoog whip combo lol

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2007, 09:15 PM
Just like fortetechers are strong with bows because they have S rank bows? In fact, worse yet, Fortetechers actually have lv30 bullets, while acrotechers are stuck with lv20 skills, making them even worse with whips. The only reason to have whips, it seems, is to be able to defend yourself if you get surrounded as an acrotecher. Or you could actually use a melee class to do real damage with them, either or.

DonRoyale
Apr 19, 2007, 09:18 PM
I'm going Acrotecher for sure with Shadow.

But until I'm able to, he's being locked away in the confines of his PM's torture chamber. He's only coming out to stock the shop and take out money to give to the rest of the characters.

xennec
Apr 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
what seems like it would be the best AT race to use cards?

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
It seems cast would be. It has the highest accuracy, meaning for more cards hitting, along with second highest ATP, meaning for more damage being done. This can be said with any ranged weapon, really. However, I'm not convinced that AT is meant to use cards.

Short answer: I dunno.

Laonex954x
Apr 19, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-04-19 19:15, Zorafim wrote:
Just like fortetechers are strong with bows because they have S rank bows? In fact, worse yet, Fortetechers actually have lv30 bullets, while acrotechers are stuck with lv20 skills, making them even worse with whips. The only reason to have whips, it seems, is to be able to defend yourself if you get surrounded as an acrotecher. Or you could actually use a melee class to do real damage with them, either or.

good point...i would just like to no what the stats would be for say a lv80 beast acrotecher...idk but i would asume they will have goos ATP due to them getting s rank dagger, twin dagger, whip ,saber...i just seems like they will be a sort of protranser class but with techs...they get a little of everything...if anyone has the stats of say a lv80 thats a acrotecher can you post the stats and what kinda of character your using? that would be of much help

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
You know, acrotecher confuses me as well. It's supposed to be a techer class, yet it has an insane amount of S rank melee weapons. Beyond that, it has terribly melee skill, and its bullet skill is either higher or the same (I'd have to check). I'm hoping that its melee skill and its bullet skill will be switched around, but even if that is the case I don't see why it has twin daggers when it's still a teching class...

Laonex954x
Apr 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
ya, idk it seems like it will be a awesome class and will be used in multiple ways, im looking forward to the srank whips and madoog...that would be awesome if they switched the bullets and skills around...i plan to use it as mostly melee(whips)and have the madoogs as quick support...madoogs are going to be really helpful for these classes because you can use the madoog as a wand but in the other had leting you combo melee and techs...also it will be great for not taking up as much space if you put buffs on your pallet because you can combo a wand and madoog puting 2 buffs on each...

Zorafim
Apr 19, 2007, 11:18 PM
I just saw a movie of a acrotecher meleeing, and I must say she kind of sucked at it. 70-80 damage with twin daggers against lv20 enemies at lv74. Her techs were decent, 600-700 damage per foie with a mag. But I seriously doubt this is going to be the melee/support job that we're hoping for. I think the best we'll get to that is wartecher.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-04-19 21:18, Zorafim wrote:
I just saw a movie of a acrotecher meleeing, and I must say she kind of sucked at it. 70-80 damage with twin daggers against lv20 enemies at lv74.
lolwat? My AT does more than that per hit (I think) to level 20 monsters already, and he's level 20 and not even level 2 AT yet.

EDIT: Problem detected: That's a Newman AT in the video, lawl. Beast ftw.

Yeah, just doublechecked. Changing from AT to WT would give me an amazing 4 ATP boost. Yay, 4 ATP, that'll surely be noticeable!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-04-19 22:36 ]</font>

Laonex954x
Apr 20, 2007, 07:39 AM
beasts ftw!!! how is the accuracy of a beast acrotecher...because if it desent i could try to get a solid/power S or a hard/powercharge or something...it seems like its a make your own class, if you just use the right units and strongest weapons it will turn out all right

Eleina
Apr 20, 2007, 07:44 AM
Lets see....Support people or open a can of whoop arse on monsters with lv40 techs (and supporting at the same time)......I'm staying FT!!!

Laonex954x
Apr 20, 2007, 08:30 AM
were talking about acrotechers but ok

SapphireCross
Apr 20, 2007, 10:49 AM
I will be switching to it. I've made my decision. If it's exactly how I planed it out then I wouldn't need to worry about dealing damage or matters similar. That's what the rest of you are for anyway.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2007, 10:54 AM
i seriously doubt that a lv20 beast will outdamage a lv74 newman.
Now, that newman was not using PAs when she was attacking, and she was attacking with daggers. You may be comparing your damage with fully leveled single handed weapons doing a PA. 74 damage is still unacceptable considering what she was doing, and I doubt you can do much better.
By the way, I think she was a human. I'll have to check.

chibiLegolas
Apr 20, 2007, 11:33 AM
I too wanna go AT as well. But with so many players jumping on the AT bandwagon, are there enough of other classes to fill in to balance a party? It's not necessary to have more than 1 AT in a group. 2 AT? It's do-able. But anymore than that and it's overkill.
:/

Drachen
Apr 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
Forums make you bad at games like this.

l0c0dantes
Apr 20, 2007, 12:05 PM
Think of it like this
fT = Fonwearal
WT = FoMar
AT = Hunewearal

JAFO22000
Apr 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-04-20 10:05, l0c0dantes wrote:
Think of it like this
fT = Fonwearal
WT = FoMar
AT = Hunewearal

...only HUnewearls couldn't outbuff FOnewearls.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
It's more like this:

fT = FOne without stupid damage cancel making attack techs worthless
WT = HUmar
AT = melee FOmar

Niloklives
May 8, 2007, 06:12 AM
well actually WT is closer to Hunewearl since HUnewearls had better techs than HUmars from EP 1&2 on...

All thar aside...if AT got their skills and Bullets switched around WTs would never see the light of day. The way I look at it, AT is a very creative cross between GT and WT. while I'm a bit saddened by the lack of bows for the AT class I can see the need for balance there, again if ATs had bows GTs wouldn't see much play either.

From what I'm hearing AT will have (roughly) the same ATP as a WT or GT which lets them melee or spam bullets with reasonable effectiveness while doubleing as a field medic. I think equating the class with a FOmar(l) is just about dead on and I'll be switching between GT and AT on my human.

Also for people complaining about ATs only having access to A rank wands. it should be mentioned that current reports put ATs TP close to FTs TP which cannot be said about WTs; and as such WTs will still come up short for damage compated to an AT very likely even WITH S wands.

It's a weird class and it's gotten my attention. I'm looking forward to it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-05-08 08:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-05-08 17:51 ]</font>

Mystil
May 8, 2007, 08:42 AM
~_~...(HUnewearl... hmmm maybe I should start up my GC and play on my HUne for old time sake).

AT = FOmarl hands down. Awesome support, awesome melee ability(for a support class mind you) and other things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-08 06:43 ]</font>

Scion
May 8, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-05-08 06:42, Mystil wrote:
~_~...(HUnewearl... hmmm maybe I should start up my GC and play on my HUne for old time sake).

AT = FOmarl hands down. Awesome support, awesome melee ability(for a support class mind you) and other things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-05-08 06:43 ]</font>

Yeah, I agree with that.

But, let's look at it this way: This is probably a class that plays differently depending on what race you are. Since the level 50 support techs are pretty much independent and does not rely on any stat (besides resta), then we can just ignore those when comparing races.

Let's just take a look at the offensive part:

CASTs and beasts can make use of the skills, albeit they're level 20 only (most weapons are single handed though, so they can at least get the full combo with them). CASTs can also excel at the bullet aspect, but they only have the option between cards and dualies (but these weapons are pretty damn good, so it's not too much of a loss). Newmans can rock those level 30 techs though. I don't think a beast or a CAST can outdo them there. And then Humans can do whatever the hell they want and still be good with their flexibility and all.

I mean, I HATE stat crunching. But, it looks like this class can be played by anyone, really. I don't think any one particular race will be better than the other.

I think I'll go AT with Hikaru. It sounds like fun! xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-05-08 07:29 ]</font>