PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who want PvP

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, everyone thinks PvP would be cool. I've heard it a million times.

But think. Is there a reason that there isn't PvP? I certainly think so. In fact, I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why there isn't PvP right now.

This thread is not about why there should be PvP. I'm asking "Why is there NOT PvP?"

Go forth, and think. I'd like to see what you all can come up with.

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cuz theres 8 bazillion games already out there that are nothing but PvP. A little game that im sure noone has heard of called "Halo" comes to mind. Here's a thought....how bout a few more games where people can work together and not bitch every 30 seconds about what they dont have.

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Because the monkey gods, do not smile upon us for we are a filthy race in the universe.

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:00 PM
Even though i had a thread where i imagined a cool PvP, i truely dont like it.
Only reason i liked battle was on PS)GCN, where me and a few friends acted like assholes in forest, killing eachother.
It would suck on ehre for many reasons, because of the specials, Nanoblasts and SUV's.
a cast SUV would kill everyone in 1 hit :/

Raysa
Halo isn't an RPG. Try again.

TorterraEndor
Because WoWtards should go back to WoW.

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-04-19 14:59, Itchee wrote:
how bout a few more games where people can work together and not bitch every 30 seconds about what they dont have.

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:00, TorterraEndor wrote:
Because WoWtards should go back to WoW.

I will not go back to that filthy game!

Hours lost in raiding...I like this laidback game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:00, Raysa wrote:

The OP made no mention of RPGs....only PvP games. Halo would be one of them. Any more replies I can pick apart?

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 05:03 PM

PvP in any game is the same concept. kill other ppl. be the best. call ppl out.

same boring shit over n over....

"HAHA I PWNED j00!!!!111!!"
"I WAZ LAGGAN! STANDBY!!1 REMATCH!!"
"N00! i BEATZ U THE 1ST TIME!"
"SEE? j00 A PUNK!! IMMA RUN AROUND N TELLZ URYONE DAT!!"

....no more plz.

VanHalen
Apr 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
There are two reasons though it would be fun but the reasons why there isn't

1. Why would Guardians fight each other?

2. Sega said no PvP cause they didn't want a certain Newman(me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) to beat everyone and make them quit /sarcasm

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
You don't build up a character with certain attributes and skills in Halo. You just shoot each other. kkthxbai.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-04-19 15:07 ]</font>

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:07, Raysa wrote:
You don't build up a character with certain attributes and skills in Halo. You just shoot each other. kkthxbai.

This is fun.

Again, what youre describing is typically an attribute of an RPG-esq system. PvP (Player Vs. Player) games are not required to function in this manner. You seem to be hungup on that.

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 05:10 PM

this game: simpleness of pressing X/Y button.

Halo: skill (well, not anymore), good aim, knowing enviornment, manuvering....

a Lvl 80/10 fortetecher will do tha same as another 80/10 fortetecher, so not much will be done there

9lotus
Apr 19, 2007, 05:11 PM
why we don't have PVP?

same reason why we don't have vehicle missions and what not

PvP (Player Vs. Player) games are not required to function in this manner. You seem to be hungup on that.

If you wanna complain about semantics, "PvP" is a term specific to MMORPGS, just like "PvM". No one says "hey guys, let's PVP in Counterstrike", or "lemme PVP my voldo against your siegfried".

So it's obvious the subject is about RPGs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-04-19 15:20 ]</font>

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:10, Itchee wrote:

This is fun.

Again, what youre describing is typically an attribute of an RPG-esq system. PvP (Player Vs. Player) games are not required to function in this manner. You seem to be hungup on that.

Yeah, because you somehow think the OP was talking about PVP games when he posted this in PSU General.

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:14 PM
I still dont see any mention of RPGs in the original post. I dont care where its posted.

TorterraEndor
Apr 19, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:11, 9lotus wrote:
why we don't have PVP?

same reason why we don't have vehicle missions and what not

So we don't have something no existent on the game disk because we don't have something existent on the game disk?

Beautiful logic.

natewifi
Apr 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
I thought you were gonna announce there was going to be P v P or something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:12, Raysa wrote:

On 2007-04-19 15:10, Itchee wrote:

This is fun.

Yeah, because you somehow think the OP was talking about PVP games when he posted this in PSU General.

Furthermore, the OP was addressing why there is no PvP in this game. My inital reply was that there are a ton of games out there that do that, perhaps this is a reason why.

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:19 PM
Face it Itchee just owned you all. He is 100%. GETOVERIT
Instead of argueing with him, why not actually contribute to the thread instead of proving liekomfghaloiznotpvp

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:19 PM
Halo wouldn't satisfy the needs of RPG gamers that don't like First Person Shooters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-04-19 15:21 ]</font>

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:19, Raysa wrote:
Halo wouldn't satisfy the needs on RPG gamers that don't like First Person Shooters.

Try some sports games then.
Madden, perhaps?

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:21, Itchee wrote:

Halo wouldn't satisfy the needs on RPG gamers that don't like First Person Shooters.

Madden, perhaps?

Real sports, even in videogames, would scare rpg gamers. Those are the people that pick on them!

Itchee
Apr 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:22, DikkyRay wrote:

Madden, perhaps?

Real sports, even in videogames, would scare rpg gamers. Those are the people that pick on them!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:23, Itchee wrote:

On 2007-04-19 15:22, DikkyRay wrote:

Madden, perhaps?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Don't laugh. Peyton gave me a wedgie. True story

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 05:25 PM
For clarity, I'm talking about the idea of PvP in PSU.

I don't think "because every other game has PvP" is a valid reason for not having it. If the assets are there, why not? No producer or game designer would shove PvP off to side because "everyone else does it". They left PvP out for specific reasons.

One reason could have possibly been the demographic. I don't know much about Japanese players, but perhaps they don't like PvP that much. In that case, PvP would have been a waste of energy if no one really wanted it.

Another reason could be that PvP would likely have broken gameplay. They would have to do a sever amount of tweaking to get it working at a stable level. This PvP tweaking could severly break normal gameplay, which is the core of PSU.

Other reasons like that.

9lotus
Apr 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
Furthermore, the OP was addressing why there is no PvP in this game. My inital reply was that there are a ton of games out there that do that, perhaps this is a reason why.

PvP is pretty much a standard feature in online RPGs. Suppose you bought a car and it didn't have a glove compartment. "Plenty of other cars have glove compartments so you don't need a glove compartment in this car" isn't a good reason.

Raysa

Madden, perhaps?

I have Halo1, Halo2, Madden 2007, Rainbow Six, CS and Splinter Cell, but if I wanna kill you in every game I play I wanna fuckin kill you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TorterraEndor
Competition in games is very English. Not to say Japanese aren't competitive, but generally, we are more so.

And someone is going to try and call me a japanophile now, mmm...

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:27, 9lotus wrote:

PvP is pretty much a standard feature in online RPGs. Suppose you bought a car and it didn't have a glove compartment. "Plenty of other cars have glove compartments so you don't need a glove compartment in this car" isn't a good reason.

I laughed.

Good analogy.

VanHalen
Apr 19, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:25, Skuda wrote:
For clarity, I'm talking about the idea of PvP in PSU.

I don't think "because every other game has PvP" is a valid reason for not having it. If the assets are there, why not? No producer or game designer would shove PvP off to side because "everyone else does it". They left PvP out for specific reasons.

One reason could have possibly been the demographic. I don't know much about Japanese players, but perhaps they don't like PvP that much. In that case, PvP would have been a waste of energy if no one really wanted it.

Another reason could be that PvP would likely have broken gameplay. They would have to do a sever amount of tweaking to get it working at a stable level. This PvP tweaking could severly break normal gameplay, which is the core of PSU.

Other reasons like that.

Oh I thought it was storyline purposes or the fact that I'd win with my twin claws http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Tay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:29 PM
It was fun is PSO, I don't see why it wouldn't work here

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:31 PM

roffle.

TorterraEndor
Apr 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:28, Skuda wrote:

I laughed.

Good analogy.

Agreed.

This analogy won the topic I think!

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 05:33 PM
@VanHalen:

Story purposes is another good reason for this, as you mentioned earlier.

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
The reason I kinda believe PVP isn't implemented, is because Sega doesn't want to have to deal with so many hacking issues.

PVP = Competition and will make people cheat in order to be the best at something.

Angelo
Apr 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
Because SonicTeam is lazy.

I love how all the carebears tell people who want PvP to go back to WoW.

When my first PvP experience that got me hooked was in PSO. Hmm, go figure.

natewifi
Apr 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
It's like customizing your own fighting game, maybe that is why people want it, or just to kill each other. And dumbass, why would someone contribute to getting rid of something they want? You just want something that benifit's for your useless, pointless needs that could down PSU for what it is. How is P v P possibly going to hurt your gameplay if your not playing it? By P v P not being put into the game, it seems like it would draw people away from the lack of option they have. The boring old cpu doesnt react to you, they're not a challenge after 50 million times of fighting them, and doing every little thing in the game, sounds like a boring race rather than a rpg.

Why do you want to do the same thing over and over again? You might as well live on The Island (movie), since you like the same old routine, imo all of you P v P nay sayers must be really dull...(aka sitting in the lobby doing the same annoying dance in the lobby/room, making comics of you talking to your lifeless PM)

Stop being so goddamn emotional about P v P, as if its ruined everything in your life.

p.s. Im not trying to flame, its just my opinion, some of you are just too sensative about everything (lighten up).

EDIT : my grammar is bad, yeah I know, so anyone thats going to try to put that out there, im aware.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-19 15:44 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 05:44 PM
Didnt post this before: But PSO and PSU BAttle would be different.
In PSO, the TP consumption was greater than usual, to make forces a little weaker.
Since in PSU, the techs use the weapon TP, so a force can just demolish with many, many rods.
hmm what else.
You wouldnt be able to have the meseta battles, because all the meseta in out Server is haxed (lol had too)
Oh, no temple or spaceship. No cool battle arenas.
Plus, as i said before, SUV's and Nanos would kill instantly.
Hell, many 60+ people do 1000+ dmg. My FF Beast has about 2k hp. Woot 2 hits and im done.
At least in PSO, dmage wasnt as high....

Raysa
Apr 19, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:42, Angelo wrote:
Because SonicTeam is lazy.

I love how all the carebears tell people who want PvP to go back to WoW.

When my first PvP experience that got me hooked was in PSO. Hmm, go figure.

Dude my first PVP RPG game was PSO. Now that I think about it. I've played like 10 diffrent MMO's with PVP before I went to WoW.

Rashiid
Apr 19, 2007, 05:48 PM
ok ppl get over it, no use fighting about this when it clearly isnt planned for this game. (stated from ST)

Angelo
Apr 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
I should also note that the specific experience that got me hooked; I totally got my ass kicked.

PvP is fun because it makes you strife to be better than something other than mindless AI.

@Rashiid

I know you love pulling out that "Stated by ST" line alot. But just because something isn't 'planned for now' doesn't mean it isn't coming, in interviews they have expressed the fact that it's (PvP) come to surface .

Think of it this way; it seems like ST is using 'expansions' the way other MMOs used big 'updates'. We haven't even seen these 'customizable vehicles' yet. And there are a few 'blank shops' on the colony.

No one person with a right mind can say "This is happening for sure" or "This isn't happening for sure" about the game's future without looking like someone who is just trying to force what they want down people's throats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-04-19 15:55 ]</font>

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:42, natewifi wrote:
It's like customizing your own fighting game, maybe that is why people want it, or just to kill each other. And dumbass, why would someone contribute to getting rid of something they want? You just want something that benifit's for your useless, pointless needs that could down PSU for what it is. How is P v P possibly going to hurt your gameplay if your not playing it? By P v P not being put into the game, it seems like it would draw people away from the lack of option they have. The boring old cpu doesnt react to you, they're not a challenge after 50 million times of fighting them, and doing every little thing in the game, sounds like a boring race rather than a rpg.

Why do you want to do the same thing over and over again? You might as well live on The Island (movie), since you like the same old routine, imo all of you P v P nay sayers must be really dull...(aka sitting in the lobby doing the same annoying dance in the lobby/room, making comics of you talking to your lifeless PM)

Stop being so goddamn emotional about P v P, as if its ruined everything in your life.

p.s. Im not trying to flame, its just my opinion, some of you are just too sensative about everything (lighten up).

EDIT : my grammar is bad, yeah I know, so anyone thats going to try to put that out there, im aware.

I feel that you are flaming, regardless if you were trying to of not.

I am simply trying to look at the reasons why there is no PvP from a design perspective.

Making assumptions and personal attacks is not appreciated. Not once did I say I did not want PvP.

Reguarding the comment about affecting gameplay:

As I stated before, if they wanted to make any sort of coherent PvP, they would need to do some tweaks. That would affect normal gameplay, unless they isolated PvP tweaking to certain arenas (which is ridiculous).

Reguarding the comment about bringing in more players with PvP:

Again, this brings up the initial demographic.

I'd like to state again, that personal attacks aren't appreciated. You could have had a completely valid post if it was not for the offensive.

9lotus
Apr 19, 2007, 05:50 PM
The two most common objections I hear about PVP are:

1.) It'll ruin the community, people who brag about PVP and flame you if you choose not to PVP them, etc.

2.) It will imbalance the game, because of PVP tweaks and what not

my response:

1.) The same people that would say such things are probably jackasses now, they'll just flame you for being a protranser or not having scape dolls. Nice players are nice players, bad players are bad players. PVP doesn't completely change that.

2.) PVP tweaks can remain exclusive to PVP modes, they don't have to carry over to PVM

Angelo
Apr 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
Protip based on my experience in MMOs:

'Tweaks' to classes based on PvP situations are usually BALANCING, not the other way around. I know people are scared of getting their overpowered Fortefighter with Anga Redda, or Diga spamming Fortetecher nerfed, but some things can only come to light when you take the things that need to be balanced and pit them against eachother to see how they scale out.

StanleyPain
Apr 19, 2007, 06:10 PM
Are you people forgetting the PvP in PSOv2? It was crap. Seriously. You cannot take a game like PSU with it's gameplay and overall structure and add in PvP. It simply won't work. A little competition would be nice, say a card game minigame or something, but direct PvP is a retarded idea in PSU and, for that matter, in most MMORPGs. It takes a special kind of game and system to pull it off right.

natewifi
Apr 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
Stanley I dunno if you noticed but this isnt PSO, and is damn not similar to the stale blocky battle mode of PSO V.2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-19 16:23 ]</font>

natewifi
Apr 19, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:50, Skuda wrote:

On 2007-04-19 15:42, natewifi wrote:

I feel that you are flaming, regardless if you were trying to of not.

I am simply trying to look at the reasons why there is no PvP from a design perspective.

Making assumptions and personal attacks is not appreciated. Not once did I say I did not want PvP.

Reguarding the comment about affecting gameplay:

As I stated before, if they wanted to make any sort of coherent PvP, they would need to do some tweaks. That would affect normal gameplay, unless they isolated PvP tweaking to certain arenas (which is ridiculous).

Reguarding the comment about bringing in more players with PvP:

Again, this brings up the initial demographic.

I'd like to state again, that personal attacks aren't appreciated. You could have had a completely valid post if it was not for the offensive.

I just dont understand how they would need to do tweaks, that just sounds like another excuse to not have player vs player instead of just an honest "PVP wil ruin this and that or w/e". You would need to do tweaks within your skills and caracter but thats it, the only "tweak" that really makes sence is the choose the level you want, which isnt even really a tweak but an option.

It could be the same way P v P was designed in PSO, there were no tweaks needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nobo
Apr 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
Cause there would be no point to it but loosing money. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some PvP action, but the fact remains, that PvP combat would be gimped.

I have not played Force, and I've only just dabbled in ranged weaponry, but it looks to me that hunters would get the short end of the stick, unless they could get in close.

Forces and Rangers both have long distance attacks. Grenade launchers could completely screw over a hunter due to knockback. Megid could also be a huge pain in the ass.

If a hunter got in close to a force or ranger, their game would be over.

Death would be all too easy in PSU PvP.

Scapedolls too, could be a pain.

And, as Nobo said, PvP would be a huge monetary sink hole.

Weeaboolits
Apr 19, 2007, 06:54 PM
They could pull the old you-die-respawn-ten-levels-higher bit from PSO's PvP to help with balancing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alsp through in megabuffed enemies ala the PvP delsaber to help keep everyone on their tows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
i really want pvp, cause theres some like, lv 10 noobs, who say they can beat me (lv 30) with that char then and there, and then i see they're best wep is a saud. nubs.

pso123hrf
Apr 19, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-04-19 15:03, Rashiid wrote:

PvP in any game is the same concept. kill other ppl. be the best. call ppl out.

same boring shit over n over....

"HAHA I PWNED j00!!!!111!!"
"I WAZ LAGGAN! STANDBY!!1 REMATCH!!"
"N00! i BEATZ U THE 1ST TIME!"
"SEE? j00 A PUNK!! IMMA RUN AROUND N TELLZ URYONE DAT!!"
....no more plz.

That's the good part though XD

VanHalen
Apr 19, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-04-19 17:22, Ryan113 wrote:
i really want pvp, cause theres some like, lv 10 noobs, who say they can beat me (lv 30) with that char then and there, and then i see they're best wep is a saud. nubs.

You party with some angry dudes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Mikura
Apr 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
I rather see C-mode make a return...and I know that could be done. As for PvP, I don't know why they left it out unless they were thinking more about the JP demographic which like someone else pointed out, is far less competitive in nature than us American gamers. Not enough demand so it was simply left out.

From a game design point of view, they could isolate the tweaks made to the races and classes to just PvP. FFXI does the same thing with their job classes and Ballista. What's much stronger normally gets balanced for PvP so everyone is on more even ground. PSU could have been done the same way but unlike FFXI, I don't believe PSU was designed to be as flexible so I doubt they could do it unless they totally rebuilt the game with PvP in mind and took it into consideration when designing the job and race attributes.

That's the thing about PSU I've always disliked. PSU is constrained to what's already built into the game, whereas other games like FFXI can have totally new content added to it that was thought of and designed way after the release of the game. Ah well, sorry that I was bit off topic but I felt like ranting.

natewifi
Apr 19, 2007, 10:07 PM
You guys make it seem like every little long range attack is going to hit, grenade launchers are hard to hit mindless enemies, do you honestly think its going to be that easy to hit a quick mindfull player with the slow, mid range grenade launcher bullet? Bullets and techs do not have auto aim for the very reason of just smashing everything by hitting with every single hit. I sure as hell know it definitely would be hard to hit someone as quick as you and kill them that quick where they werent even capable of reaching you, megid isnt that fast either, and kill shot doesnt work 24/7. There is mixed jobs for the very reason of using rifles and double sabers, for close and long range attacks. Balance isnt even important if your good (and you can get through your oppenents defense), all of you guys are so reliant on strength, its not going to be the same in P v P.

Pikku
Apr 20, 2007, 01:03 AM
Because PVP sucks.

Paramedic
Apr 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
PvP, could it be done? Certainly.

Would it be balanced? Absolutely not. It will be so imbalanced, the players will actually hemorrhage.

Most technics will be easily dodged, melee fighters will most likely always have an extremely hard time when they're not spamming PA's. Guns will rule, and when a freeze or shock bullet procs, it spells doom.

PvP will all be in the cards. (Since they're homing weapons)

Shaidar
Apr 20, 2007, 04:23 AM
I doubt I could ever take PvP seriously, but I'd lie if I said I dislike it. I find it a shame a game like PSU, with such an incredible gameplay, doesn't have PvP. Yes, it would be damn hard to balance and yes, this balancing might have negative effects on the PvM. Unless you do like for example Ragnarok Online, which has a different set of rules in the massive PvP wars. If some efforts were put into it you could work out a working and fairly well balancd PvP system, without messing up other aspects of the game.

As for those that say PvP would mess up the community it would certainly give cheaters an edge and you'd without doubt see people getting pissed at each other. But honestly, the cause for this wouldnt be the system, but the players themselves.

So yeah, I still want a PvP arena in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-04-20 02:23 ]</font>

Tra
Apr 20, 2007, 04:29 AM
pvp would keep me entertained, balanced or not. The forum drama from it is needed. The imbalance rants from noobs are needed. The option of doing something other than the one and only thing we're able to do now (going through a mission to kill things over and over with no reward or even personal satisfaction) is needed.

Jasam
Apr 20, 2007, 08:39 AM
I'd much rather see a c-mode first.

Anyways, i look at PvP like this

Forces (who see a ranger before they see them) vs non force

If player doesn't have dark amour, megid, win
IF player does have megid, any powerful elemental spell = win

Rangers vs anyone else
frezze or shock rifle = win

Hunters
Already dead before getting close

Exception to this is anytime a cast gets a SUV, they can one hit the room if they are dumb enough to stay
Or invinvable beats form, beats everyone

Without MAJOR tweaking, its going to be a one hit kill fest with rangers most likly on top (guns are faster then casting)
In otherwords, with the current game mechanics, PvP will suck.
If we have PvP, you get n00bs pestering you to play it to prove themselfs 'right', (and not playing aparently proves them right) AND we have to deal with peeps whining about the mis-balance o the forums.

Basicly we trade all the "We want PvP" topics for "PvP suck, make it better" and whiny peeps chalanging you to PvP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
Apr 20, 2007, 09:02 AM
Even in PSO PvP was heavily skewed toward ranged attacks. A force with Lvl 30 Megid or a ranger with Mechguns = dead hunters. Even though I have always played rangers, I didn't like PvP because it was either a "who can shoot faster" competition with another ranger/force or a "look at me kill you before you take a step" slaughtering of a hunter.

I don't think the SUV/Beast mode will be an issue. There is no way you would get it charged up in a single battle before you died unless there was some massive clusterf*ck mode where you could rack up damage and take it for long periods of time without the match ending. That is unless there is a mode where you go in charged...then I would be forced to laugh at pretty much everything that doesn't have the invincibility beast.