PDA

View Full Version : Hotspot people! Why don't ya pick items up?

Helly
Apr 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
What exactly are ya already carrying into a mission or expecting to grab in there that justifys ignoring the "minor" items? I go fresh into a mission with 35 - 40 item spots open in my inventory. No matter how long you spam the same mission there's just no way you're gonna fill up on "rares" only. -_-;

Don't like Sweet/Hustle/Love Berries? The various non-rare -line materials? Silica/Carbon? Etc? Pick 'em up anyway! Sell them to the NPC once the mission is over for a teeny bit extra cash or better yet drop them for people like me who'd want 'em!

McLaughlin
Apr 19, 2007, 07:25 PM
People don't pick them up because they don't like screwing people over in Set Order.

RadiantLegend
Apr 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
I only have 7 spot or less on my fortefighter because i carry to many weapons. I can't help it.

And i hate picking up useless items.

Umberger
Apr 19, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-04-19 17:25, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
People don't pick them up because they don't like screwing people over in Set Order.

Although most people don't realize that it's "drops assigned in order", not "items picked up assigned in order".

Helly
Apr 19, 2007, 07:30 PM

Once an item appears on the field via enemy or box it already belongs to somebody. They're getting skipped by someone NOT picking the item up.

On 2007-04-19 17:26, Ragolismine wrote:
I only have 7 spot or less on my fortefighter because i carry to many weapons. I can't help it.

And i hate picking up useless items.

That's kinda crazy to only have so few item spots available. You're calling regular items useless? Well with having just 7 spots I'd say you are calling ALL items useless, rares included.

EphekZ
Apr 19, 2007, 07:31 PM

picking up normal items doesn't affect the rares, which is what people want, and without the moon atomizers I really don't know why they don't. People I play with always do. I don't waste time to open boxes(unless I'm trying to find something) but if it comes from an enemy I'll pick it up.

RadiantLegend
Apr 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah i do drop some rares.

"kerselines, chicotites, slaterian, teranite"

McLaughlin
Apr 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-04-19 17:30, Umberger wrote:

Although most people don't realize that it's "drops assigned in order", not "items picked up assigned in order".

Ah, you learn something new everyday.

XenithFlare
Apr 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
I won't play in parties that have Normal Items set to Order or Random. If I go into a mission and I find a normal item I want (photons, hustle berries), by god I'm going to pick it up and expect to get it. Likewise if there's an item I don't want, I expect to pass it by and never see it again. I've gotten screwed out of too many rare drops like Nanopolymer and Neptuline due to a suddenly-full inventory (BEFORE I started carrying 15-20 weapons on me) that I don't ever want to see Normals set to anything but Finder again.

Though for rares I'll always set to Order (though I still hate it when someone picks up an NPC-rare, and drop it).

DikkyRay
Apr 19, 2007, 07:42 PM
Xen, you non lvl 80.... lol that never gets old.....
But i dont pick them up bcause, i play on order usually, so i already know im getting them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Golto
Apr 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
Things that only sell for 2 meseta each to npcs are worthless.

A2K
Apr 19, 2007, 08:18 PM
Setting normal items to "give finder" should be a solution, but...

1. Some ridiculously rare items are not considered high rarity items (armor units, Deljabaner boards, etc.)
2. Meseta is counted as a normal item.

Nobo
Apr 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
I pick everything up and piss people off. Today I got kicked for picking up too many antimates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Mikura
Apr 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I also hate when normal items are on Order...it's like shoving useless crap in my face that I don't want. Leave it on finder so I got an option to take it or leave it...Rares on Order is fine though. Random is what irks me because I'll see one person get 3 or 4 rares in a row that are of value and I get stuck with maybe one Kerseline. >_> Oh but if I do get stuck with a rare I don't like, I will drop it for someone else if they want.

Cerberus1981
Apr 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
Somebody shouted at me earlier because I picked up ray photons.

I just sat down in the middle of the room and waited until I got my next rare then I left the party, I was doing all the damage so screw em, they are probably still trying to finish the mission with their feeble characters and weapons.

Amalga
Apr 19, 2007, 09:08 PM
It's their business whether or not they want the Normal items. Let them leave it there--it's not like it's an actual problem for anybody. Besides, more for the people who actually find use in them.

I pick up everything I can find. If I kill a monster and it drops something, I'll nab it. If someone else gets a kill and doesn't bother to pick up the drop, I'll nab it. I'll only back off if it's a Rare that didn't drop from my kill or come out of a box I opened.

Rust
Apr 19, 2007, 09:12 PM
Always setting everything random 'cause i hate scavengers who rush like hell each time they see a red sparkle on the floor ; same for normal mainly for mesetas, stuff boards and photons. And for those who aren't ok with that, i never told 'em to join my party, just read the item sets before joining, idiots.

DummieAcount
Apr 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
I have an idea.

Maybe it's because nobody wants 300 fucking bitter berries?

Dragon_Knight
Apr 19, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well actualy I prefur normal items set to order or random. It people set it to finder I'll never get ANY of the meseta and not getting that money is what screws me over in S2 missions where I need it to buy scapes later.

Sekani
Apr 19, 2007, 11:36 PM
You don't want an item? Drop it, vendor it, stick it up your ass for all I care, then quit your bitching. Items are there to be picked up, so I pick them up. Deal with it.

Tekknight
Apr 19, 2007, 11:46 PM
I understand not wanting "useless" items, A lot of people have no use for berries. But I want my "useless items". I feel that hey, whatever item rule the leader set the party at, should be the RULE. With "give finder", SOMEONE gets screwed on something. I do a lot of tech casting, should I NOT get meseta/ hustle berries/ "insert 'useful' normal item here"? All because I can't be all in a creatures face?

On the other hand with "set in order" or "random" everyone should grab almost every item. I want a sweet berry, its sitting RIGHT there, but I can't pick it up because YOU MIGHT get it? That's wrong too. I'm contributing, but I'm not getting the maximum benefit I could be per run. You should honestly have at least 20 spaces open in inventory, so you can drop/sell unwanted items. (like the Topic Creator said).

I think most importantly; there's a reason there's a space for "party description" If you have silly rules like "Only pick up items the leader might want" make sure you post that.

Tra
Apr 19, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-04-19 21:46, Tekknight wrote:
I understand not wanting "useless" items, A lot of people have no use for berries. But I want my "useless items". I feel that hey, whatever item rule the leader set the party at, should be the RULE. With "give finder", SOMEONE gets screwed on something. I do a lot of tech casting, should I NOT get meseta/ hustle berries/ "insert 'useful' normal item here"? All because I can't be all in a creatures face?

On the other hand with "set in order" or "random" everyone should grab almost every item. I want a sweet berry, its sitting RIGHT there, but I can't pick it up because YOU MIGHT get it? That's wrong too. I'm contributing, but I'm not getting the maximum benefit I could be per run. You should honestly have at least 20 spaces open in inventory, so you can drop/sell unwanted items. (like the Topic Creator said).

I think most importantly; there's a reason there's a space for "party description" If you have silly rules like "Only pick up items the leader might want" make sure you post that.

Just party with people that don't want to pick up berries, they're all yours!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-04-19 17:35, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-04-19 17:30, Umberger wrote:

Ah, you learn something new everyday.

Yeah, something incorrect. It doesn't count until it's picked up, at least for rares, so I can only assume it works the same way for regular items. Also, I have heard (but never tested) that when normal items are set to in order, Meseta is given it's own order (i.e. Order spot 1 gets Meseta stack #1, spot 2 gets stack #2, etc.), and the actual non-rare non-Meseta items don't interfere in this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-04-19 22:01 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 20, 2007, 12:11 AM
I spent a lot of time on the out skirts of a party since starting to level the protranser mostly because my scapedolls are usually whiped out first block if i try to be upclose...too much damage...any ways in the back of the party i pick up what ever is dropped or left behind. regaurdless of the setting. I have found that most people who care about not wanting the berrys and other "useless" items drop them. So not only do i get what the order is but i also get the unwanted items too. an added bonus when they start dropping 7* metals.

Zoamel_Gustav
Apr 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
Here is my recent and relevent post from Debunking the false claims of Set In Order (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132035&forum=22&start=54).