PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually use the sets?

Kimil
Apr 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
Serious question.
Do any high level players ( lvl 60+ ish ) bother with any Armour/Weapon combos? I mean, other than the obvious Phantom Set which is best set usuable atm.

I looked at some sets like these...

Brand 2* /Brandline 2*
Twin Buster 3* / Busterline 3*
Nafli Zashi 2* / Nafri Senba A rank.

Most sets only invole low-end equipement ( good for people in lowish levels, but not for those running S2. )

I tried two of the sets:

Nafli Zashi and Jitseen (spelling?)

Even though the Nafli Zashi is set up with an A rank amrour, the stat boost is useless for someone with acess to high end daggers. I even had the Nafli Zashi +10 and it sucked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

The Jitseen combo would help those who can't use higher level Sabers, because with the combo the damage output of the Jitseen is the same ( or even a bit better ) than a Bucaneer. And this combo only helps low level players, because in S2, the 4* Zeetline armour required for this combo doesn't cut it.

Low level and new players should check out some of these combos, they will help ya but not me.

... So, do any high level players use any sets other than the Phantom Set?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-19 20:02 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Apr 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'm waiting for the Saber Crimson to be added online, and nothing else I want to combine is out yet either...

Golto
Apr 19, 2007, 10:03 PM
I recently made some good ice and fire 9* spears so I would like to try Rabol rad armor with them and see how much abuse the elements could do in a set.

Kimil
Apr 19, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-04-19 20:03, Golto wrote:
I recently made some good ice and fire 9* spears so I would like to try Rabol rad armor with them and see how much abuse the elements could do in a set.

This reminds me... some of the armour involed in the descent sets like the one you're planning to use Is hard to find... like I've never even heard of half of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Golto
Apr 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
I made a mistake the 6* spear is part of the set not the 9*.

Pillan
Apr 19, 2007, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately most of the weapon sets either have a weak armor or a weak weapon that they improve, making them pretty useless. However, Cubo Dunga, Gudda Gaunt, and Ga-mizaki all have good sets and will become more common when people aquire their armors (Rabol Dunga is currently unavailable though).

Shiryuu
Apr 19, 2007, 11:18 PM
If I could find a Rabol Gant, I'd be using the Rabol/Gudda Gant combo.

Skuda
Apr 19, 2007, 11:43 PM
Still waiting for the good ol' Yamata-Misaki.

Mikaga
Apr 20, 2007, 12:37 AM
The only TECH set is 3*.

SarinSerafi
Apr 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
I tried Zeetline + Jitseen for my alt a while back, and was impressed with the extra damage. it helped a lot, considering my character was only level 24.

I'd love to use the Rabol Gant + Gudda Gant combo once I can get my hands on a decent Rabol Rant armor. Also awaiting the Yamata-misaki claws and Crimson saber to get released to try those as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

funnymatt
Apr 20, 2007, 01:06 AM
I have an ageha-kikami which works nicely with mt ageha-senbas in every element.

Snugenz
Apr 20, 2007, 02:16 AM
I use the Ageha-Senba/Kikami combo with my Fortetecher.

-Rune-
Apr 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
I use a pretty interesting set for armor myself, they're my favorite... but due to the fact, I'd like to keep the combo to myself for originality points I'll keep it to myself. The main one I use though is Nafri combo. I have a few 40% + daggers and I like the output. I dun really care about max dmg, it's a party game so all in all, if I'm not giving the enemy HP I'm helping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ZodiacNKnight
Apr 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
Nope, just just the Phantom set...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-04-20 08:11 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
I use the Phantom set. I have two who use the Giguish set with high percent Giguish, another dude who's trying out the Zeetline/Jitseen set. I've also tried the brand/brandline set. They all are worth the increases. I'm going to look into the grenade launcher set if any.

chibiLegolas
Apr 20, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-04-19 20:17, Pillan wrote:
Unfortunately most of the weapon sets either have a weak armor or a weak weapon that they improve, making them pretty useless. However, Cubo Dunga, Gudda Gaunt, and Ga-mizaki all have good sets and will become more common when people aquire their armors (Rabol Dunga is currently unavailable though).

Hold up. There's a possible set to be made with my crossbows?! Guess I'll have to make more Cubo Dungas to prep for the armors when they come out.

Golto
Apr 20, 2007, 05:02 PM
I see the online stats for the Stormline armor are finally out. 4 slots, Fortegunner only but why make it a set with a handgun?

Zoamel_Gustav
Apr 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
Recent relevent topic: How effective is the Ageha-Kikami Weapon/armor set? (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140203&forum=22&13)

I would also recomend the 3* Mukpat + 5* Rabol Patte set.
I haven't tested the following, but they look good on paper:

3* Rayharod + 3* Reiha-senba
7* Gur Neda + 7* Rabol Neda
6* Mukarad + 8* Rabol Rad

Astarin
Apr 20, 2007, 07:05 PM
The Rayharod + Reiha-senba set was great while I was a lowly Force, but I've long since outgrown the set.

My Guntecher occasionally uses the Ageha-kikami + Ageha-senba set, but to be honest, the damage output difference is minimal, so I certainly don't go out of my way to use it.

McLaughlin
Apr 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
I'm waiting on the Crimson Saber (or whatever the hell it's called). Already got my Crimson Line.

Soukosa
Apr 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
JP players have done some testing on sets, I guess. Appearently alot of the lower star ones get some rather massive boosts while the higher star ones get weaker ones. Yes, set bonuses aren't made the same like originally thought.

On 2007-04-20 15:02, Golto wrote:
I see the online stats for the Stormline armor are finally out. 4 slots, Fortegunner only but why make it a set with a handgun?

They've been out for some time. I mean it comes from Badiras which show in Mad Beasts S2 which came out some time ago.

As for the question... to laugh at us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Come on, an armor that can be any element, has 4 slots, and makes a set? That'd be too powerful for coming from such a weak enemy, no? 4 slots is overkill anyways.

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
Hmm don't need Sets lol monsters die so fast anyways...

Golto
Apr 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well its not like you can buy the 30 nanopolymers from npcs is it? 51% success i'm not surprised it took awhile for one to be made. Is the Stormline oops really Fortegunner only?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-04-21 10:13 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
Crimson Line? No.

Storm Line? Yeah.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I like a fortegunner only armor. Handguns, though suck, can get SE3? So, maybe it's worth for...light element bullets? (to keep down gao's mebbe?)

THEY NEED A FORTEFIGHTER ONLY ARMOR!!!1!!
(emphais, mine)

EDIT: what a about the bow armor?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-21 11:15 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
nope i havent use any other sets beside the phantom set. I dont know wat i am missing out if i actually use the other set...lol. As of right now there isnt really any good set anyway, i think.

Raysa
Apr 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
I have a nafrisenba board which is an A armor that goes with nafri sezashi or something, if anyone wants Ill give it up for 100k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-04-21 13:54 ]</font>