PDA

View Full Version : luck

HandOfThornz
Apr 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
after reading many post on this and other psu forums + my own findings and trails. its seems +0/+1/+2/+3 luck seem to be more focused on drop anything rate,than higher chance of dropping rares

for example:-

if your doing fff mission and say theres 100 enemies

on no luck days you hardly get any drops on average... say the drop anything rate is 25/100

but then when you do the mission with +3 luck on average you get a load of drops.. say the drop anything rate is increased to 40/100
the drop anything rate(with luck) seems quite simply anything could drop. you could get x30 monomates(lol) or maybe x30 neptiline(as if)

so in a sense of an enemy dropping something you want(rare wep etc..) this doesnt seem as justifyable on +3 luck days. it doesnt seem to mean +3 luck will increase the rate of rare item drops. just more enemys drop stuff.

so then how does this effect boss box drops? as the crates have 100% drop.. your not really able to increase the drop anything rate(with luck) of a boss box. i get the same level of luck/finds on boss boxes no matter what my luck is(+0/+2 etc..)

also something im stil trying to figure.. is when in a team of 6 people, compaired to soloing a mission. the team missions usaully get more normal/rare drops than a solo mission. does more people in team increase rare drop/drop anything rate?

have i got the point right with drop rates and luck? or am i talking monkey babble? =)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
Yes, Photon Fortune affects DAR, not actual drop rates. In other words, it doesn't help you at all hunting anything from boss boxes, because they have 100% DAR anyway.

Guarionex
Apr 20, 2007, 12:36 AM
boss boxes aside, if you get more drops from monsters, even if the rare drop itself doesn't increase, the fact that more items will be dropped means that you have more chances of getting a rare.
Or something like that. I actually think I confused myself with that sentence...