PDA

View Full Version : Force: Which Line Techinque do you like better, Zonde or Meg

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
Out of curiousity, I'm writing this topic to compare two techniques, one of which I like alot, hoping to find out more uses for these techs (megido). Please provide backup so I can obtain useful information.

I prefer Zonde over Megido. The reason is that Zonde is faster and looks cooler. The range on Zonde seems bigger for some reason and takes less time to cast. Zonde is 30% weaker than Megido but its okay because the 64 PP cost is costly.

My opinions

Zonde advantages over Megido- moves faster, less casting time, lower PP cost, wider range (to me at least).

They can delete this topic later, just wanted to start a topic for fun.

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
Megid for instant death goodness.

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'd take barta for looks, sounds, and there are more fire enemies than ground. Megid is a close second just because of damage output. Damn pp costs though...

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
Also, scaring hunters shitless with Megid is priceless.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2007, 10:51 AM
Megid would make sense as the high powered high PP series of spells, seeing how it was originally the most damaging nuke type spell in PS (I think it destroys a satalite in one of the games), and seen visually as a series of black explosions. They really toned it down in PSO, but it looks like it's going back to what it's supposed to be like.

Now, I'm no force, but I'm fairly impressed with megid's visuals. Water and light are my fetishes, but I can admit that as far as darkness techniques go, megid's impressive.

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 10:56 AM
Wow, seems like Megido and Barta are pretty loved! Thats okay though. I can understand that the looks on Megido and Barta are pretty nice. So there are some enemies which Instant Killing is better than killing them with normal tech damage?

Heard that Machines are good for Instant Killing but I havent tried yet. Polty die by it too but I know that Damudeega can murder groups of them with ease and less PP cost (-_-);

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 10:56 AM
Yea, lv 1-10 megid scares me on Hive/LL and I keep thinking there's jarba around when I see lv21+ megid floating by. I have a habit of trying to dodge it even though it's my friend's cast and/or I know there are no Jarbas in the mission. Sorta a habit. Damn you techers and your megid. j/k

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-04-20 08:50, Sychosis wrote:

Would love to scare people shitless with that! Guess thats a good reason. I guess you've been scaring CyarVictor with it eh?

Zonde is probably the least threatening and no one is afraid of it. Probably would care if a million hit and gave 0 damage anyways lol.

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
It's bad enoguh when forces used dambarta with jarbas. Most would scatter and end up in the Jarba's Dambarta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Megid just makes me run the hell away out of instinct. have a few do it, especially one who seemed to like using it on the Hive/See Awakening.

McLaughlin
Apr 20, 2007, 11:24 AM

You really need to stop shooting it at me while I'm frozen. >_>

I prefer Barta over Zonde. I have no experience with Megid, so I can't comment.

RedCoKid
Apr 20, 2007, 01:00 PM

In that case, I suggest leveling it while your party hunts for rares/rappies in LL S2. XD

Rashiid
Apr 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
Zonde. since no one else uses it. barta too. megid costs too much to cast.

Gryffin
Apr 20, 2007, 01:56 PM
'Megido' makes me happy and bubble on the inside.

Im saying that forever.

I also choose Megido, 'cause it makes thing get covered in a big ball of purpley goodness...

(look at the sig)

Sharkyland
Apr 20, 2007, 04:18 PM
Barta, megid and zonde don't go uphill and downhill XD

Midicronica
Apr 20, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-04-20 14:18, Sharkyland wrote:
Barta, megid and zonde don't go uphill and downhill XD

Eh? Barta does go uphill and downhill.

I like barta a lot. I don't have megid (don't intend on getting it) so I can't say much about it.

FantasyUk
Apr 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
Megid 21+ Over Zonde and Barta..anyday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ethan-Waber
Apr 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
Zonde since there is no such thing as Megido. So Zonde is the only possible response that anyone can make... Was this a thread to try to make zome more popular?

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
Megido = Megid.

Connecting dots one and two is not so difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-20 15:05 ]</font>

Soukosa
Apr 20, 2007, 05:05 PM
How about all three since they all different uses? Granted it'd be nice if Zonde could go up and down hills like Barta though.

Random: Megid is probably dereived from the name "Megiddo" (I think that's how it spelled >.>) which is a valley in Isreal that I believe was mentioned in the book of revalations in the Christian bible in conjunction with the apocalypse. Rather fitting, no?

Ethan-Waber
Apr 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
Megido is Megido, Megid is Megid, if he meant Megid he would have said Megid not Megido.

Gryffin
Apr 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-04-20 15:07, Ethan-Waber wrote:
Megido is Megido, Megid is Megid, if he meant Megid he would have said Megid not Megido.

Oh c'mon.

Its just like adding the U to Nos- spells..

Noszonde=Nosuzonde
Megid=Medgido

Toma(y)to=Toma(h)to.

Seriously, don't try and act all super cool if you think it'll make others laugh, 'cause it won't.

Unless we laugh at you.

Kaydin
Apr 20, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-04-20 15:05, Sounomi wrote:How about all three since they all different uses? Granted it'd be nice if Zonde could go up and down hills like Barta though.

Random: Megid is probably dereived from the name "Megiddo" (I think that's how it spelled >.>) which is a valley in Isreal that I believe was mentioned in the book of revalations in the Christian bible in conjunction with the apocalypse. Rather fitting, no?
Yup, that's spelled right.

Arika
Apr 20, 2007, 07:56 PM
megid is ultimate Dark spell, best dark spell already, just u have to up lv first

Rashiid
Apr 20, 2007, 08:07 PM
whats with this 'Megiddo'....

its clearly Megid.....
and dont say anything about PSO, cause that ship has long sailed...

Midicronica
Apr 20, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-04-20 18:07, Rashiid wrote:

its clearly Megid.....

I'm guessing "megiddo" would be the translation of 'megid' from Japanese.

Spellbinder
Apr 20, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-04-20 18:15, Shadow_Moses wrote:

On 2007-04-20 18:07, Rashiid wrote:

its clearly Megid.....

I'm guessing "megiddo" would be the translation of 'megid' from Japanese.

Ding Ding! Winner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 09:00 PM
Oh, Megido is that dark technique that instantly kills. Yeah, meant to say Megid. Sorry bout that.

Inazuma
Apr 20, 2007, 09:12 PM
its written as "megido" in the jp ver so thats why we say it.

as to answer the topic question, i prefer zonde for 4 reasons:

there are 5 dark attacks and only 4 electrics, so i will often leave megido off my rod b/c its the least useful dark attack.

megido's pp cost is way too high.

the only time megido is the best tech to use is when you have a lot of light monsters lined up. any other situation and your better off using something else.

and lastly, the instant kill only works decently on small enemies or robots. all of which can be killed faster w/ different techs.

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-04-20 15:03, Ethan-Waber wrote:
Zonde since there is no such thing as Megido. So Zonde is the only possible response that anyone can make... Was this a thread to try to make zome more popular?

Of course I was trying to make Zonde more popular because I like it lol. Zonde is cool and is my favorite basic technique.

Thanks for voting for Zonde, that makes two of us ;_;

-Shimarisu-
Apr 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-04-20 19:12, Inazuma wrote:

No, it's written as "megid". Or might as well be, were it possible. If it was meant to be read "megido" it'd be written as "megidou". If a made up word ends in "do", or "su" the vowel is practically silent.

The only reason you see the katakana that READS "MEGID" and write it as MEGIDO is because japanese TEXT can't end in a consonant all barring N. But the o and u can barely be heard, and is THEIR ONLY WAY OF RENDERING WESTERN AND MADE UP WORDS.

Sega US are right, you DO and SU fetishists are wrong, and i's really retarded IMO. You only do it as a way to seem superior because OMG YOU PLAY THE JAPANESE VERSION. Reminds me of Pokemon, when OMG I PLAYED THE JAPANESE VERSION, knew Meowth as Nyarth and had LEGIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU CRYING "IT'S NOT NYARTH IT'S NYAASU!"

ARGH.

Inazuma
Apr 20, 2007, 11:21 PM
shima chan, calm down. no need to explode over such a small thing. i agree w/ you in that "megid" is the correct way to translate it, however "megido" is what im used to b/c i only play the jp ver.

even tho i seem crazy hardcore about the correct jp spellings, i dont care what ppl use as long as its similar enough. i say yuugiou, you say yugioh.

btw, i spell pikachu as "pikachuu" also http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gryffin
Apr 20, 2007, 11:33 PM
I go nya...and meow... Lol.

I don't care about language barriers, I can make cat sounds in two languages!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retehi
Apr 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-04-20 21:33, Gryffin wrote:
I go nya...and meow... Lol.

I don't care about language barriers, I can make cat sounds in two languages!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Japanese cats go nya?

Scion
Apr 21, 2007, 03:18 AM
Is there an option for both? LOL

Or, how about all three of them?

Call me crazy, but I like barta and zonde...and megid too, of course. XD

Tra
Apr 21, 2007, 04:38 AM
On 2007-04-20 20:04, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-04-20 19:12, Inazuma wrote:

No, it's written as "megid". Or might as well be, were it possible. If it was meant to be read "megido" it'd be written as "megidou". If a made up word ends in "do", or "su" the vowel is practically silent.

The only reason you see the katakana that READS "MEGID" and write it as MEGIDO is because japanese TEXT can't end in a consonant all barring N. But the o and u can barely be heard, and is THEIR ONLY WAY OF RENDERING WESTERN AND MADE UP WORDS.

Sega US are right, you DO and SU fetishists are wrong, and i's really retarded IMO. You only do it as a way to seem superior because OMG YOU PLAY THE JAPANESE VERSION. Reminds me of Pokemon, when OMG I PLAYED THE JAPANESE VERSION, knew Meowth as Nyarth and had LEGIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU CRYING "IT'S NOT NYARTH IT'S NYAASU!"

ARGH.

Somebody is becoming a little bit like me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

btw megid 30 sucks. I don't reccommend it. = It's just that.... megiverse >>>>>>>> any light monsters that much harder. Looks cool though, you can freak out teammates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Shimarisu-
Apr 21, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-04-20 21:21, Inazuma wrote:
shima chan, calm down.

Please don't call me "chan." D:

Tra
Apr 21, 2007, 05:05 AM
On 2007-04-21 02:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:

shima chan, calm down.

obasan

Lumaar
Apr 21, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-04-21 01:18, Hikaru-san wrote:
Is there an option for both? LOL

Or, how about all three of them?

Call me crazy, but I like barta and zonde...and megid too, of course. XD

No option for all three sadly. So you like all three of them huh?

I don't think its crazy that you like all 3 of them. I like Barta and Zonde but I haven't actally used Megid as much.

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 08:28 AM
i just wish zonde n barta didnt require so many hits to Lv up.....

where would one suggest to level zonde? (my zonde is 17)

Schubalts
Apr 21, 2007, 09:03 AM
Zonde, because lightning is more awesome than ice and Megid costs too much.

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 09:13 AM
On 2007-04-21 03:05, Tra wrote:

On 2007-04-21 02:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:

shima chan, calm down.

obasan

Lolol
I would choose megid between the three choices(just coz it looks nicer)...but megiverse and ramegid are way better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lumaar
Apr 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
On 2007-04-21 07:03, Schubalts wrote:
Zonde, because lightning is more awesome than ice and Megid costs too much.

Seems like Megid is winning basically because the looks huh? Can't believe Zonde is losing, I think Zonde looks the coolest past 21.

PMB960
Apr 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-04-21 06:28, Rashiid wrote:
i just wish zonde n barta didnt require so many hits to Lv up.....

where would one suggest to level zonde? (my zonde is 17)

LL S2. The enemies all come at you through doorways single file with little side to side movement. I gained 40% on Barta(16) in B1 and B2 alone. I full rod usually get about 20% for either Barta or Zonde and about 8-12% for megid. Plus all the good items drops you can get there make it the perfect place to level line techs.