madoog = S
saber = A
daggers = A
claws = A
handgun = A
machinegun = A
swords = A
spears = A

in other words this is a class that focuses on kicking the crap out of an enemy with little to no regard for itself. It's also a master of twin weapons ^.^

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Sounds a little...you know, extremely broken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-20 09:17 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
it may appear that way, mr double post, but you have to understand that the lack of Defense and HP for the most part while being a front line fighter makes this an extremely hard class to play... not to mention bullet skills aren't really high at all when you are speaking in AoI terms and neither are the attack techs, nor the buffs. You also must realize that Humans would be extremely good with this class, but it leans towards cast/beast love, but unlike the other classes newmans can also be very good at it with a higher risk rate since they have less of the lower stats anyways.

Lumaar
Apr 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
Hmm, wonder why Die please would be an option? I bet no one actually wants you to die? I didn't vote by the way. That class would be really good if they can use lots of S ranks, kill stuff as well as buff and debuff. Really independant melee class I would say.

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 11:29 AM
mr double post

Was...that supposed to be an insult...?

Anyway, it looks like nanoblast, in regular class form. With a supply of resta it look like it would dominate everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-20 09:33 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 11:31 AM
It's like a all three forte's put together using only their strenghts.... stat wise.As to the low dfp, all you need to do is have a good to high elemental armor to make up. And no one really wants or cares about Evp/Mst.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-04-20 09:36 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
but they also loose defense capabilities , and they wouldn't be as strong as fortes in their highers stats obviously...

I'd go as far as to say remove resta from the techs they can use all together though as well ^.^ and restrain some of other other techs they can use, but it really wouldn't matter as no matter how strong their techs are they will always be weaker than other due to madoog being weakest tech weapon, plus if i recall correctly those limits are lower than other classes so >.>

amtalx
Apr 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
From what I see its like building a tank with really thin armor. No thanks.

Weeaboolits
Apr 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
I want a class that has super high defensive stats and almost no offense! and S-rank armors! XD

Drachen
Apr 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
Class I want.

Elite Fighgunner.

High Stats
ATP
ATA

Medium Stats
HP
DFP
MST

Zero Stats
TP
EVP

lvl 40 Striking lvl 30 bullets

I want Zero TP and Evp because using stat points on a class that cant cast spells for TP is kindof a joke when the word balance comes to mind. When it comes to EVP the stat is useless for me. The ocasional evasion I get off of a big attack might be cool... if it werent for the fact it causes my character to stand there and just wait for the next attack. My biggest gripe with this game is that it didnt not address how stupid evasion in PSO was.

If an enemy misses you it should be the same as when you miss them. You are uninterrupted and the enemy is taunted with 0 damage display. Ok kinda off topic but just sayin.

Weeaboolits
Apr 20, 2007, 11:50 AM
enemies have to block too now though.

Drachen
Apr 20, 2007, 11:58 AM
Its funky i see it sometimes but other times they just PSO me, not sure exactly what the code is, but for there being so many more enemies youd think they wouldnt be superior in close combat.
Anyway I enjoy it enough to play in spite of the flaws. I'm gonna get my degree in game programming. That way if i want something in a game Ill just make it. Tired of half assed crap from companies with millions.

Tsavo
Apr 20, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, sure. This class isn't broken considering that it has access to lvl 30 resta, buffs, debuffs, and every single hard hitting hunter weapon with the exception of the axe. Dualies too? Dude its nice to dream but don't try to proove that stciking such a class in would be anything but horribly game breaking. A class that beats the crap out of everything with little regard for much else? fF. There you go, problem solved.

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 12:26 PM
hard hitting? last time i checked twin weapons and doublesaber weren't hard hitting v.v

As far as balance... it doesn't exist in this game if you knew what balance was.

Also, it's not confirmed whether resta is a buff or not so yeah, wrong there too.

This class is relatively weak for anything other than attacking head on, which most mobs have very good defenses against and with the moderate HP and low defenses it needs another class to help it out or the player must be good on their own.

The problem with many of you is that you are looking at what it has and ignoring the facts of what it doesn't have. Or you are comparing it to current contemporary class limits, which are very low compared to AoI class limits.

and once again, if you want game breaking, look at techers in general, especially in the upcoming AoI expansion. If you can't see the problem with the techer class then you aren't very good at judging balance.

It's also aimed at twin weapons, more so than the latter. As far it being game breaking... it has madoog, and machine gun...then it gets all the twin weapons which FG almost does and 2 striking weapons that are two-handed and the rest are single handed versions of the twins. You wouldn't expect them to not be able the single handed version in something like this v.v

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
Also, it's not confirmed whether resta is a buff or not so yeah, wrong there too.

What does that have to do with anything?

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 12:37 PM
On 2007-04-20 10:29, Sychosis wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?

considering that it has access to lvl 30 resta

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 12:39 PM
You honestly believe resta is an attack tech, and not a support tech?

natewifi
Apr 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
Lol, and I thought i was self-richeous, but Durraken you take the cake... :/

Weeaboolits
Apr 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
Super high ATP/ATA, everything else abysmally low.
S-rank on Two handed Melee weaps, but can only use those max level on skills no other PAs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maybe be nice and give them a slicer for ranged http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif C rank one though.

XD

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
i believe it's a monkey...

and also i said i'd be willing to say that resta as well as several other techs could be blocked so that this class couldn't get them ^.^. Such as Resta, giresta, megid, etc.

Drachen
Apr 20, 2007, 12:52 PM
Amen on this game not being balanced...AMEN!

amtalx
Apr 20, 2007, 01:44 PM
Most of the balance issues come from poor players...not poor game mechanics. Everyone, please reassess your race/class combination's strengths and weaknesses before you start nailing ST for balancing issues.

Sev
Apr 20, 2007, 01:49 PM
I just felt like posting, that I care about EVP.

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 01:49 PM
Skills required. Good one amtalx.

What's worng with the current set(and those being added in AoI)? We were given set jobs, but pretty much have a wide variety, races, and PA's to use. You can't really just state a class design without knowing if there's a creation tool ST uses or some kind parameters they use in keeping jobs balanced.

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 01:55 PM
they use a monkey pushing buttons randomly and making it do so by offering it a banana ^.^

CyarVictor
Apr 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
Har har... seriously. if you expect to suddenly get a new class made just for cause you can'tuse or are unhappy with the current one, then you may want to rethink your job class or something.

NPCMook
Apr 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
fightechgunner?

Gamemako
Apr 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
This class would be a figunner and all its broken acquiring the abilities of a wartecher. Lmao.

amtalx
Apr 20, 2007, 02:48 PM
Why don't we just have one class that has a Lvl 40 max in all Techs/PAs/Bullets and can S rank all weapon types? And for race, you just picked what you wanted your high, med, and low stats to be. Then everyone could stop complaining about balance. Then we would all have super-chars. Wouldn't that be nice?

No.

DikkyRay
Apr 20, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-04-20 11:55, DurakkenX wrote:
they use a monkey pushing buttons randomly and making it do so by offering it a banana ^.^

Its great how you think a monkey runs sega. You know. They only made a game.
So in your words, you are dumber than a monkey. Congrats!

hainsaw3
Apr 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-04-20 09:04, DurakkenX wrote:
I want this class v.v but it will prolly never happen this made me laugh but,

I'll save you some time...

THIS IS NEVER HAPPENING

...have a nice day ^_^

Soukosa
Apr 20, 2007, 04:58 PM
It's also a master of twin weapons ^.^

Then why does it have S rank madoogs? >.>

This class design is not only broken but makes little sense.

For those that think PSU is imbalanced, after AoI this is arguably one of the most balanced games out there.

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-04-20 14:58, Sounomi wrote:

It's also a master of twin weapons ^.^

Then why does it have S rank madoogs? >.>

I think we all know why http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Apr 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
simple reason...it's modeled after HUmar and HUmars are able to cast (same reason machine guns were put in) ...also wanted to keep the PSO feel to it so wands wouldn't do plus it works well with the fact that only if they use a weapon below S can they have a madoog so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spear is put in because it is a weapon that every class has access to i think...
and sword... well every so often they are useful ^.^

but hey i'll concede to removing all the A ranks besides the single weapon varients of the twins and the madoog. That would give it 6 S rank weapons and 4 A rank weapons, which is less weapons than most if not all the other classes and not to mention Protranser has 10 S rank weapons. And not to mention the 4 A ranks almost every class has those, handgun, saber, dagger, claw...save for claw, 2 of the 4 all classes have and dagger i believe all but RA classes have... so yeah that's nothing to write home about. I'll go a step further and concede to 0 attack techs and no giresta, resta, or the anti tech tech (forget it's name). It's still a great class and still maintains it's purpose.

As far as dikkyray's comment... i never said managed at all. I said that's how they figure balance out, in other words they randomly make them with little regard for balance. Great job on deciphering that opaque statement. I think you need go back to the book store and pick up "reading for dummies."

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 05:46 PM
I think a more accurate (and balanced) depiction of HUmar would be:

High stats = ATP
Average stats = HP, TP, EVP, DFP, ATA
Low stats = MST, STA

Skill limit = 40
Bullet limit = 20
Attack tech limit = 20
Support tech limit = 10

twin sabers = S
twin daggers = S
twin claws = S
swords = S
spears = S
double saber = A
slicer = A
madoog = A
saber = A
handgun = A
machinegun = A

pineapple
Apr 20, 2007, 06:44 PM
maybe he was going for the DC HUmar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Apr 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
XD

My apologies then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Angelo
Apr 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
Reminds me of a class in City of Heroes called "Blaster"

High ranged firepower and insane high melee power with shit HP and defense.

They were basically glass cannons..

.. no one liked teaming with them