PDA

View Full Version : Do anyone remember this original PSU trailer?

pionear
Apr 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.psuniverse.net/ragol/uploads/files/video/phantasystaruniverse_e3trailer.wmv

Ethan's hair was different. The city looked cooler.

ANd what race was that chick with the horns? Will we see her as a new race in the expansion?

Serephim
Apr 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
I think it was just a headpiece she had.

In all reality, that trailer makes the game look so much more fun than it really is for some reason, mostly because it kept to the PSO style.

For some reason, without the narration and horrible lyrics, that game looks tons better. I believe they should have kept a bit to that style of clothing they had in that trailer, because it had more of a "fantasy" look to it than PSU does. (PSU is kind of stuck in the middle between phantasy and technology. Its annoying.)

I really wish it turned out like that game, where they were simply using more "advanced" PSO style outfits and armor rather than this "clothing with lines of photon that protect you" bullshit they came up with.

Although it still works out pretty well, i would love for my characters to go into battle with a more "IM READY TO FIGHT BECAUSE IM BADASS" feel, rather than a "i was on my way to the park and got loss" feel.

I guess its just that that trailer there gave a better feel of what everyone wanted. Im almost 80% positive that trailer was made before the whole of the general storyline was created, which is why everything changed, which makes sense why in the trailer in the REAL game, 90% of those scenes arnt even there. Of course most were taken out because the graphical style was a bit lower, most of it was taken out due to the formation of a frigging story.

Like the swordfight between that cast and that girl. Im pretty sure that fight was more of an Evil vs. Good rather than a "Cast vs. Human" battle, simply because at the END of the trailer, everyone worked together to fight the dragon.

If you think about it, the storyline of PSU would be V E R Y similar to PSO if Story Mode wasnt released. Im sure the SEED would have been a cooler foe to battle, and im sure it would have been MUCH more fun for the whole of "storymode" to take place under Quests.

Also, i find it hillarious how Ethan wasnt even Ethan in this video. He was simply a HUmar with PSU styled clothing. Same with Leo. (i guess later they were transformed into story peeps)

BTW, your right about that chick with the horns. Im sure shes supposed to be a Newman, simply because everyone in the lineup vs. the De Ragan in that video is a different race.

A2K
Apr 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
The city doesn't actually look a whole lot different from the first FMV of Holtes City in Story Mode. It is, of course, lacking the ginormous confinement system in the background.

The clothing itself is not at all that far off from what ended up in the final game. Proto-Ethan is clearly wearing a Braves Jacket+Pants set, while proto-Leo seems to be sporting the Roar Roars outfit. The line shields are clearly visible on all of them.

"The girl with the horns" is a female CAST, evidenced by the lines on her face.

natewifi
Apr 20, 2007, 03:48 PM
Those were the kindof videos that got everyone hype, Ethan looked way better than he does now. The game wouldve been what we expected (aka the real next ver. of the PS franchise) if Sonic kept it real, and wasnt just all talk (in this case, video?)...

If you look close in some of the sketches that pass by real quick in the beginning, you can see Kazarod and one fan/rod thing. The old beast sketch looks smaller than it does now, imo it looks way better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-20 13:56 ]</font>

Serephim
Apr 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
i believe it IS the extention of PSO everyone is looking for, its just not being shown yet.

Sonic Team no longer realizes that every fun game does NOT ( i repeat NOT ) need a 40 hour storymode with plot twists. We just dont.

how is this most apparent?

Sonic.

The.

Hedgehog.

Parn
Apr 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'm inclined to think the "girl with the horns" was probably the original concept for Lou, and the cast that she's battling was probably the original concept for Magashi.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
Well, it's not really too late for that type of game to be seen. Seeing how only the first part of the story has been released, there's still time for a decent story to unfold. I doubt I'll see anything I like, though, but I am allowed to be hopeful.

Mayumi
Apr 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-04-20 13:24, Serephim wrote:
I think it was just a headpiece she had.

BTW, your right about that chick with the horns. Im sure shes supposed to be a Newman, simply because everyone in the lineup vs. the De Ragan in that video is a different race.

That really reminded me of Phantasy Star 4, with Raja and Rika - the constant reminder of her ears looking like horns.

Even with so many hours clocked up on PSU now, watching that trailer really makes me want to play it, but when I'm there it's almost like this good looking concept got a paint job so thick it's restricting the free feel behind it.

As a plus side, if you're keeping up with the story, it looks like there is a chance that the races could wind up fighting between themselves so some of these scenes could take place, but I see that being difficult to do now.

Kaydin
Apr 20, 2007, 05:14 PM
I posted this and a lot more a while back: http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=138621&forum=20

I'm still technically gone... just lurking a little.... >.>;