PDA

View Full Version : Do you think ST might release an Acrogunner class?

zandra117
Apr 20, 2007, 07:10 PM
Do you think ST might release an Acrogunner class in the full version of AOI? What type of equipment and PA levels do you think it would have?

Kimil
Apr 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
Acro classes specialize in one handed weapons.

There's already a gunner that specializes in one handed guns, its Guntecher

Rashiid
Apr 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
acrogunner could use guns and guns only...and like 50 bullets....spankin!

TorterraEndor
Apr 20, 2007, 07:25 PM
No.

Skuda
Apr 20, 2007, 07:38 PM
There's no point in making one.

Siertes
Apr 20, 2007, 07:40 PM
All ST needs to do is give Fortegunners access to S Rank Twin Handguns and we'll be just fine.

Arika
Apr 20, 2007, 07:43 PM
I think there is a point, 1. guntecher have tech , the can make acrogunner which has no tech
2. same as PSO, RA with god/battle or something, acroclass will get boost on shooting speed with some certain weapon, eg. rifle or twin handgun
the main point of acro is the speed boost, there is still a hope

Rashiid
Apr 20, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-04-20 17:40, Siertes wrote:
All ST needs to do is give Fortegunners access to S Rank Twin Handguns and we'll be just fine.

never gonna happen.

Fortegunner = specialized Gunner, ment for massive gunplay (rifles, gernades, cannons)

not much point in fortegunners using dual pistols, since rifles do more, and higher SE, and more PP, and shoot fast, so you dont need to strife around

9lotus
Apr 20, 2007, 08:35 PM
not much point in fortegunners using dual pistols, since rifles do more, and higher SE, and more PP, and shoot fast, so you dont need to strife around

Rifles and twins are equally good, they're just used for different situations. DPS on rifles and twin handguns comes out to about the same, two shots of the twins do more than a single rifle shot, but they're slightly slower than a rifle. The mobility is the main advantage of using twins.

Anyway, I don't know what role an acrogunner would play, any ranged style of play I can think of is already covered in another class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-04-20 18:36 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
nah i doubt it..

xennec
Apr 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
It seems as though the acro classes are big into support...... aren't gunners already meant for support?

Kent
Apr 20, 2007, 08:57 PM
While it may make sense in the whole "completing the trio" thing, when you look at the two Acro-types that are there... What would be the point of the class?

You'd be using one-handed guns mostly, a couple melee weapons and have lots of EVP. Maybe if there were weapon types for things such as Twin Mechguns or Twin Crossbows, it might seem feasible... But not as things stand currently. There's just not something the type could do, that isn't already covered by another type.

Siertes
Apr 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-04-20 18:02, Rashiid wrote:

never gonna happen.

Fortegunner = specialized Gunner, ment for massive gunplay (rifles, gernades, cannons)

Too bad the "massive" guns (Grenade, Cannon) are way too situational to be loved.

It's not like I ever expect to get S Ranks Twins, but they would be extremely useful to me as a Fortegunner. They are my mobile attack staple. Rifles are great and all, but when there are multiple enemies around, I hate getting into the motion of [Shoot, shoot, shoot, run away & reposition, Repeat till dead...]

Being able to move and attack with decent power and quick SE application for the smaller and quicker enemies is a godsend for gunner.

Plus ST didn't give us the DFP to stay put http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xennec
Apr 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
I somehow accidentally posted twice and this post won't let me delete it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-04-21 07:43 ]</font>

Paramedic
Apr 21, 2007, 12:55 AM
There's no point in Acrogunner.

Guntecher already has S rank in Pistol and Crossbow, and Dual Pistols.

Fortegunner has S rank in just about all the other goodies.

Throw in the expansion, and Guntecher gets S rank bows too. There's nothing that would make Acrogunner something different from Guntecher or Fortegunner.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 21, 2007, 01:19 AM
sigh, know the real reason?

Acrofighter was made for the S rank Shadoog
and Acrotecher was made for the S rank Madoog

there is no third **doog, and therefore, there is no acrogunner.

THE JACKEL

Dragwind
Apr 21, 2007, 09:16 AM
Just simply, as its been stated, there really is NO point to an acrogunner. I've actually thought about making it a possibility somehow, but nope. All possible gunning departments are covered =

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 09:25 AM
Not gonna happen for reasons stated above