PDA

View Full Version : Request from JP server player

AxelgearVII
Apr 21, 2007, 02:15 AM
At the risk of sounding redundant to those who read both these and the official boards, Im asking a request of someone from the US servers. Since I play on the JP server and am not fluent in hiragana, Im requesting that a USer make a thread detailing the story of PSU (particularly the online mode)in order of the episodes, and keep it updated. Since AoI is on the way I'd like to keep up with the story. Anyone up for it? Much appreciated in advance.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2007, 02:31 AM
I'd do it, but I'm lazy, and don't remember which part happened in which episode.

It's better than offline story mode, that is for sure, though.

Zarbolord
Apr 21, 2007, 02:54 AM
After Ethan saves Hyuga and Maya from the hive, he is reported as being an assassin and the illuminus manage to make him seem to be part of their scheme.
Need to use spoiler... some ppl are so lazy they don't even do the missions, how pathetic >.>

Mission 1 Laia has a new recruit on her hands... you. The first mission you meet a comunion guard, layed on the floor exhausted. Then you find out by the Vol Brothers (after fighting them) that there has been a series of crashes and she was kidnapped by the Rogues, Ethan then meddles into the story and Laia goes into furies when he runs away. the bring back the guard and find out she's then Maiden.

Mission 2 They try to localise Ethan, the go to Kugu desert and find a deserted base with creatures that have illegally been brought to Moatoob. They then find out that Magashi is still "alive" and kill him, or what seems to be a copy of him. He pronounces the name Illuminus.

Some1 go on, I can't continue.... been ages since I've done these...

SirenV
Apr 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'll do my best to give you a synopsis... hopefully it's not too much. It could easily be summarized in fewer words but I wasn't sure if you wanted the progression of story.

Mission 1 - The Masked Girl -
Several months after the hive is destroyed, Ethan is wanted by the guardians for attempted assassination of the President, and the AMF is looking for additional hives with a group of astronomers. Your first training mission is with instructor Laia Martinez, a somewhat hot-headed, no-nonsense, well known beast guardian with a rough n' tumble attitude. She is clearly not a fan of Ethan and cannot comprehend why anyone would support a wanted man capable of such a crime.

Your first mission takes you to Mizuraki C.D to survey the SEED situation, as well as collect 5 samples of SEED infected flora. After you complete this task, you stumble upon a girl from the Communion of Gurhal, laying on the ground, dazed. She can't seem to recall how she ended up there. Laia decides that they might as well head towards the Guardian base, which was closer than turning back.

Before long you run into the Vol brothers who insist on reclaiming the girl. They exchange words with Laia (some of the things she says can end up being quite comical) and you engage in combat with them. After sending them packing, you continue on and find a few downed space shuttles. At this point the girl remembers being in a shuttle when a huge shadow appeared and shook the ship and flipped it over. Laia attributes it to the possibility of a Zoalgoug attack, at which point one shows up and must be dealt with. (It's basically a blocky Ragan re-skin)

When you defeat the Zoalgoug, the girl is missing (obviously kidnapped by the rogues while you were fighting) and you press onward to find her. After getting through the Vol brothers' little trap/obstacle course, Laia interrogates them as to why they captured the girl. When she's about to wipe the floor with them, Ethan Waber appears with Liina Sukaya. There is an exchange of words, Laia saying she "doesn't take orders from attempted murderers," and Ethan saying "You don't know the whole story..". It leads to combat with Ethan and Liina, but you cannot do damage to them... and after a certain amount of time the battle ends. The girl tells Ethan "That's enough!" and to "Forget it", so he takes off.

Laia decides to take the girl back to the C.O.G. where it is discovered that Ethan had conspired with the rogues to kidnap The Maiden (disguised as a servant). They went as far as to disguise themselves as C.O.G members as well to do this. Regardless of being kidnapped, the Maiden seems to be protecting Ethan.

Mission 2 - Desert's End -
Ethan, now wanted not only for an attempted assassination of the president but his attempted kidnapping of The Maiden as well, is rumored to be hiding on Moatoob. Your second training mission with Laia brings you to Moatoob due to information that he may be seeking refuge there.

Your client: Lou of the Moatoob GUARDIANS Branch.
Your Mission: Locate Ethan Waber.

According to Lou, "There is a 48% chance that Ethan is hiding himself in this area. I determined a search to be necessary". After a round of rather amusing formalities, the three gather information from the citizens of Dagora City, which eventually leads them to Gawik's Pub. Inside is none other than the three Vol brothers who, in their incompetance, slip up and reveal a bit of information about Tylor and Liina at a desert hideout in the Kugu Desert.

Lou says that "There is already a large-scale purification underway in this area, So the chances of encountering SEED-forms or infected life forms is almost zero." Oddly enough, there ARE seed infected life forms in the area as you proceed through the desert, but not forms you would normally find on Moatoob. As you reach the coal mine where the supposed hideout is expected to be, Laia shows concern about this - speculating that those monsters may be new breeds. Lou believes they are not new breeds, but that there are no previous records of them inhabiting Moatoob. They raise the possibility of someone smuggling these monsters to Moatoob, but have no idea why someone would do that... so they continue onward with their original mission.

The mine has rogues in it, but not the rogues they're looking for. Laia fears they were fooled by the Vol brothers, as well as "catching an earful" for bringing a new recruit on a training mission and then reporting it as failed. Lou, however, had recently detected an unidentified communication signal from an abandoned mine nearby. The party proceeds to investigate.

The signal appears to be coming from a monitoring terminal for the abandoned facility - Its primary function gathering information and relaying it elsewhere rather than storing it. More than that, Lou says that the information stored had been purposely destroyed - leaving only about 2% recoverable. The recovered information, according to Lou, is experiment data on artificially turning life forms into SEED-forms. She believes that the data may not count as evidence due to it being fragmented and reconstructed. That research is illegal.

As they attempt to leave, they are attacked by what would originally have been a Robot from the Endrum Collective. Lou infers that this is unlikely and that it must have been created by someone else more recently, for the Endrum colletive was already "disarmed and dismantled." Lou suggests they can investigate further, but due to the complexity and having a trainee (you) present, Laia deems it best to return to headquarters. Cast ops mar the way to the exit, hoping to prevent your escape. Upon reaching the exit Lou informs the party that she had been calling for help the entire time but that something was blocking the signal. She spots Magashi standing on a rocky wall above them. Magashi confirms the Endrum Collective is no more, but proclaims he is "Renvolt Magashi of the Illuminus"... He has plans to kill you, fighting in a large robotic construct (exactly like the desert robot boss in offline mode).

Lou believes that that Magashi probably was a deteriorated CAST clone manufactured by the Illuminus due to his lowered battle strength. She also informs that the Illuminus is "A secret organization advocating human fundamentalism", and was rumored to have been affiliated with the Endrum collective, and that it's possible that Ethan is under some kind of influence from them. It was top-secret data, but now that they have heard of it, she could speak about it.

Main Objective: Failed.

Sinue_v2
Apr 21, 2007, 11:56 AM
Meh, I've been meaning to start on a full script for both offline and online missions - but since I can't pause cutscenes and don't have a video-in card, I haven't made much progress. If anyone is willing to transcribe the video cutscenes, episode previews (there's two for each mission), and perhaps some of the text bubble dialouge which you can't control - then I could probably have the whole thing done in about a week.

AxelgearVII
Apr 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-04-21 09:39, SirenV wrote:
(story stuff)

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now make a topic and write the details of all the upcoming missions just like that. Thanks a bunch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif