PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Partner Card for those - Quit & TOS'ed ?

FUFME
Apr 21, 2007, 03:38 AM
About 75% of the people I used to play with frequently have disappeared over the last 2 months.

Im not sure if they quit or still have their account.

What happens to their Partner Card if someone quits, cancels their account or get TOS'ed? If others have your card, is it removed by Sega or just stays within your list of other cards??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-04-21 01:48 ]</font>

Mewnie
Apr 21, 2007, 04:06 AM
Well, a lot of my cards have not lit up in quite a while.

I suppose you'll have to clean up your card list of inactive ones yourself X3

Mewnie
Apr 21, 2007, 04:07 AM
also: I tend to set people who I mail regularly up in priority, then I just trim out the ones that never reply/never on.

FUFME
Apr 21, 2007, 04:11 AM
I did re-do my list and have a lot of junk cards listed as #3 and #4 under the order set, but there are a buch of good players that I listed under #1 and #2 that Id hate to just delete If I dont know for sure if they canceled their account

Mewnie
Apr 21, 2007, 04:17 AM
well, if thet do ever come back, they should have you on thier card list still ;3

I know a few folks that removed me when I took a month break. Had to track them down and meet up to give them my card again X3

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 07:00 AM
this is why i only have like.......5-10 friends that are actually friends, and just randomly party.

all these cards.....o.0

APEXi
Apr 21, 2007, 07:40 AM
the card stays in your list. couple people i used to game with cancelled their subscription and their card's still in my list. keeping em though, like baseball cards

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 08:28 AM
o yeah, ment to ask, whats TOS?

AnikoAileron
Apr 21, 2007, 09:25 AM
Broke the Terms... Hacking, Harassing people, etc, etc... Not having etiquette and whatnot.

Also, I got a friend who cancelled his account, his card is still on my list.

Lastly to add, I broke into my 3rd page of cards yesterday night.. >.>; Probably wanna go clean those out, huh?

MayLee
Apr 21, 2007, 09:27 AM
Next month, I'll have a Partner card clean-up.

It's already reaching to Page 6

If I don't see any cards lighting up then it's bye bye card.

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
I would say the cards just stick there until you decide to wipe them...(once you get too many pages of random ppls cards you'll end up wiping alot of them anyways)

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
ahh, i see. so TOS doesnt stand for anything? hmm...

and, i would fear Maylee deleting my card, but idk of i played w/ her ever since her xbox situation....even before that, we only played once, like, a week after new years.....

and last time was DOA4.....oh well.

i wish cards would tell the last log-on time, thats how i handle gamertags. if they havent been online for like, 2-3 months, i delete

AnikoAileron
Apr 21, 2007, 09:34 AM
TOS is Terms of Service.

And I agree about a Login-Time. That'd be VERY helpful.

Siertes
Apr 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
Let's see...I put inactive cards as priority 5, active 4, PSOW members 3, People that matter 2, and my PM as 1.

I wish they would just disappear when people quit.

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 11:16 AM
all PSOW pplz are #1 for me, so i know NOT to delete them.

NPCs are 2.

and everyone else is random

Zarbolord
Apr 21, 2007, 11:19 AM
The max amount is 5 pages, the extra you get on page 6 are actually the NPC cards pushing the number of cards up.

AL1ST0R
Apr 21, 2007, 01:14 PM
we'll after a month of not seeing the person i send them a mail requesting if they still play i give them about 3 days if i don't get a mail i delete there card but that's just my Formula ^_^

SolomonGrundy
Apr 21, 2007, 01:18 PM
I constantly update my card list. I don't accept cards from everybody, only those that I really enjoyed playing with after a few missions. (and of course a few good friends that get a free pass even if they are a-holes)

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
im planning a card wipe myself soon.

pineapple
Apr 21, 2007, 04:10 PM
wow, I don't think I've seen the term TOS'ed since aol circa 1990s

Syntheticka
Apr 21, 2007, 04:14 PM
I wish partner cards would just disappear if a person has canceled their account, and have the probability to reappear if the reinstate their account before their character disappears. There are just so many partner cards that I have that I really don't want to delete even though I know they haven't been on in ages... it's almost as if I keep hoping that maybe one day their card will light up. >.>

Raysa
Apr 21, 2007, 04:15 PM
1 = Close friends 2= PSO-W members 3= People I partied with around my lvl 4 = NPCS 5= random people lol.

Helly
Apr 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
It'd be cool if cards of people who cancelled/got banned would have like a red X somewhere on 'em. Anyway this is why I like "sort priority!"

1.) Bestest Friends
2.) Next Bestest
3.) Active Peoples
4.) Inactive
5.) NPC

gambit04
Apr 21, 2007, 04:49 PM
has anyone ever filled up all the pages? That would be a lot of friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'm reaching my 4th page thats a first for me I should start to clean them up.

Sharkyland
Apr 21, 2007, 05:27 PM
Letsee... for me...

1. Close friends (usually people who contact me, friends IRL) Just one person sadly... :/ I still wait for their return though
2. PSOW related (largest section by far... most of them I contact but mostly I usually see them busy and don't contact them)
3. Friends of PSOW related or people who have played with me a lot of times and sometimes contact me
4. Semi Active Friends ('people who seem to contact me because they need help... oh, you're on your fortetecher help us through this mission)
5. Semi to Non Active Friends... people who give me guild cards, if they don't contact me they get deleted within a week if they do contact me they are moved to 4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-04-21 15:30 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Apr 21, 2007, 07:18 PM
1-My real life friends and good friends
2-PSOW people and other random nice people I meet
3-People I meet, that I just well, met? 1-2 runs, etc.
4-My brother's friends from when we played on the same account.
5-People... that well, I dunno. Not supa nice people and noobs I met.

Sekani
Apr 21, 2007, 07:26 PM
1: GH-452
2: MayLee
3: omegapirate2000
4: Nyasia
5: Hale

My ranking system is complicated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But I start deleting after my card list gets to its third page, because I honestly won't bother checking to see who's online past the second page (or sometimes even the first).

yumpoptart
Apr 21, 2007, 07:34 PM
the cards will just stay in your list to rot away until you clean up.
but that reminds me of something funny that happened the other week.

my friend cancelled her account and deleted everything months ago, but i thought it'd be funny to see if i could still go to her chara's room. after i clicked her chara's name off my card list, it popped up a list of all of her characters names -- except the list looked like this:

Generic Character 1
Generic Character 2
Generic Character 3
Generic Character 4

it was bizarre. you could actually go into the Generic Character's room too.

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-04-21 14:49, gambit04 wrote:
has anyone ever filled up all the pages? That would be a lot of friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'm reaching my 4th page thats a first for me I should start to clean them up.

i hit the limit a high number of times, not sure now tho.

FUFME
Apr 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-04-21 14:10, pineapple wrote:
wow, I don't think I've seen the term TOS'ed since aol circa 1990s

LOL, yea I got that from the good ole' AOL days, not sure who else uses that term though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-04-21 19:32 ]</font>

Zer0_ConvoY
Apr 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
like said before just send em a mail, sega won't remove cards for you, hell they won't delete rooms of deleted/overwritten chars, test it, have a friend make an alt, visit the room, drop a deco in or change room themes, anything to show the room has been changed, have them oiverwrite the char, goto your recently visited rooms list, the deleted alt's room is there, just as it was when deleted

MayLee
Apr 22, 2007, 10:39 AM
Oh no no, I don't delete PSOW members. they are number one on the list

Flame6
Apr 22, 2007, 11:45 PM
i think the card is yours forever just due to the fact that when someone changes their motto it still stays the same on the card you got from them.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 11:59 AM
Hah, I once wiped my partner card list from 6 pages to 2 page, if you've only played with me once, then you were shit out of luck XD

I remove people from my friends list on xbox live for inviting me to halo 2 more than twice in a day, you should hear me in a party when somebody invites me to halo 2 XD

MayLee
Apr 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
Oh we know how you react to those invites..<.<

*gets an idea on inviting him to Halo 2*

Muhahaha

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-04-23 10:06, MayLee wrote:
Oh we know how you react to those invites..<.<

*gets an idea on inviting him to Halo 2*

Muhahaha

Well, the difference between you and the people I delete from my friends list is that I actually play with you rather than my brother playing a game once with them and adding them to his friends list.

He even told me to delete them XD