PDA

View Full Version : are u getting ur $10 worth for this game??

Cz
Apr 21, 2007, 03:52 AM
lets just say that u bought this game for $50 and then pay an extra $10 per month online. Do u think u r having ur $10 worth it for this game or u feel that u r being ripped off? $10 is a lot of money to me and i expect a lot of this game if i am gonna paid it monthly. I know Sega might be just wasting my time and slowly do their annoying update that add barely any contents maybe 1-3 weeks, but i enjoy the game nonetheless. With the population that is slowly drifting away i am feeling sad. Most of my friends has left this game leaving me behind. >.> I too will probably leave with them soon. PSU as of now is not fun to me. I will give it 3 more months to catch up with updates and hopefully my friends will return, then i will once again have that feeling and play a game that once took away most of my free time.

I want to know wat ur opinions are of this game right now and are u getting ur $10 worth...btw i am on PC/PS2. 360 players can post their opinions too...just that PC/ps2 is suffering from lack of population atm more than 360 ver.

Jakosifer
Apr 21, 2007, 04:08 AM
Im definately getting my moneys worth. Thats all I can say. <_<

Makojin
Apr 21, 2007, 04:15 AM
The main problem I'm facing is the lack of population. Everyone has either quit or migrated onto the 360 version because of previous hacking and duping problems.

I've lost friends on PSU as well. I play still becasue I can play it on my awkward work schedule without having to search for a party for three hours, I can just hop into a party and have at it... well, I used to be able to. I still could, on Parum.

The game itself is pretty much imbalanced. The most populated area are PArum and the Colony Linear Line and Space Port. Reason I see for this: No worms! Those lousy worms that pop up and ruin your atp and such, people gather where they don't exist.

As you've brout up, content updates are slow, but I know of the main reason for this. Sega's futile attempt not to leave the PS2 behind. The game was originally advertized for PS2, and that's where the original code was made for, but if it wasn't for that version I bet material would be made faster simply because they wouldn't have to worry about running out of on-disc content, and only 8MB with which to alter certain things. If they just drop that version, or recognize the HDD on the PS2, then I bet development would be a bit quicker.

Nani-chan
Apr 21, 2007, 04:21 AM
Might come back at illuminas release, not sure.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 21, 2007, 04:48 AM
May I suggest panhandling?

Fleur-de-Lis
Apr 21, 2007, 04:48 AM
Actually I save money by playing.

You see, instead of paying for a gym membership, like I used to, I can now just fire up PSU and make an attempt to get through Desert Terror; the process of which is both so frustrating and so infuriating that I am compelled beyond my ability to resist to spend the next 50 minutes unloading everything I've got onto my new 100-pound punching bag, so that I don't have to commit murder upon the poor soul who thought that it was a bright idea to design a mission with room after room after room of simultaneous and repeated 10-Zoona and 6-Vanda spawns, followed by my favorite, the 3-Drua Gohra/6-Jishigara combination. The workout I get after such a stupid mission sure beats spending 62 minutes and 32000 meseta just getting through the first 2 blocks, and I don't have to pay some personal trainer to tell me how fine a job I'm doing. I'm serious, it's highly motivational.

ps -
How's that for bad grammar?

Arika
Apr 21, 2007, 05:16 AM
For me, it worth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, and btw, there is no any hacking problem exist now, what happened in the past is already past, why don't ask your friend to come back?

ShadowDragon28
Apr 21, 2007, 05:21 AM
Um for me, yes it's worth it.

Angelo
Apr 21, 2007, 05:32 AM
Worth it? Barely.

They're just lucky I love my friends, the theme, and SonicTeam as much as I do.

Or else they'd be 9 bucks poorer!

And they could've used that to like.. you know.. buy coffee or something..

EDIT:

Also;

Grammar police = dicks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-04-21 03:39 ]</font>

SarinSerafi
Apr 21, 2007, 06:11 AM
For me, it's cheap entertainment. Going out to watch a movie every week (or even every two weeks), or renting a movie, or going to the arcade, hell even some shopping - all expensive forms of entertainment for me and my budget at the moment. Watching a 2 hour movie, buying my own ticket and food will probably cost upwards to 15 dollars. I can spend less than that and have hours upon hours of fun, and I don't even have to go anywhere.

Sure, I have the option of simply buying a game and playing it offline, but after I pass the game, what then? With an online game like PSU, where there really isn't any "end", I can keep playing and playing. Whether it's soloing for rares, partying on my alts, or even simply farming for materials and photons while I level up my PM's battle stat and my own PA's - there's always something I can do.

PSU's casual atmosphere allows me to log on and play whenever I want, and for how long I want, and I like that flexibility. I've made a few friends, and we team up on occasion, but I much prefer being a "free spirit" and doing what I want, when I want. All of this combined makes the game fun, and still worth playing.

natewifi
Apr 21, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-04-21 02:02, AC9breaker wrote:
My opinion is you have horrible grammer. Normally when people type like you it doesn't bother me but; when you switch from past present and future tense all in one sentence, and type as if you're Bizarro, its very distracting from whatever it is you're trying to convey.

Grammar is not what this topic is about, nor did she/he ask you for your opinion about their grammer and not the topic. In a sence, I think its worth paying $10 for each month.

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 06:58 AM
i payed 60$ for the 1st one (or was it 50? w/e 1st day retail price was) and then paid another 30$-40$ since it broke recently.

i dont do eBay, i want quality games.

id keep paying for this game, its spankin!

Paramedic
Apr 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
I think I'm certainly getting my $10 worth. I too am on PC/PS2.

If your old friends are leaving the game, make new ones? I mean really, it's not that hard. Play in some pick-up groups. Many players will give you their Partner Card when they have to leave or something. Just be courteous and possibly giving of yourself and you'll most likely be more than welcomed back. I was just recently invited to a static with some really nice players I met in a pick-up group.

There is still a decent community here, you just have to find it. As for the XBOX360-PS2/PC ratio... I wonder how long that'll last once some of these other new online games come out for 360. PS2/PC population took a large hit from that WoW expansion, but who says something like that won't happen to the 360 population soon?

Also, to be honest I left PSU after the "hacker scare" blew up. Came back last week or so, and I'm loving it. There's plenty more for me to play, I think I'll be satisfied with the current content for a month at least. Hopefully they give us a bump to the level-cap, or at least some more fun missions to play. I personally want to max out my character. (Max level, class level, cap all of my skills, bullets, techs, etc.) So I'll have some PA frag-farming to do once I get higher, and plenty of skill-up parties. Clearing every mission at least once would be nice too.

Maybe you should think about what you would do if you weren't paying $10 a month to play PSU. I personally would find myself eating through all of my PS2 games, and once I beat them or am tired with them... Wanting to spend even more money on new games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paramedic on 2007-04-21 05:27 ]</font>

HandOfThornz
Apr 21, 2007, 08:48 AM
firstly i love the concept of psu! over 1000 hours in 4 months of online play!!

ive finally come to a point were playing online holds little meaning at this very point, which is a bit dishearting.
ive lvled my main character to level 80, ive maxed the gun ,tech, etc..p.a's to lvl30(depending on class). ive maxed lvl10 7 classes.
ive got the weps i need for these classes, armour in dif. elements. 4 pm's on on different chars at level 100.blah,blah

im not trying to brag, but this is where pso and psu differ at this moment of psu development...
i love soloing.. lvling up , getting better weps and becoming a stronger character, but its so easy to max out the current stats. then you cant increase stats till sega flips a switch.
at current max stats its becomes either too long,hard or expensive to solo missions with good item rewards or drops(s-s2 missions )

before someone says this, i know psu is aimed more at group/team gaming, but so was pso..but it was still easyier to solo on pso

i may take a break till the lvl90 cap is increased. japanese just got it so i guess around 2-3months for us?

ooops sorry! to be more to the topic... pso took ages to get somewhere and to be able to solo easily, but gaining exp to lvl200 took a long time. so every run felt like it had purpose, + you would find far more weps more often. even if it was a mahu,talis,crush bullets,etc... it was a rare, and a wep found..then on top of it you may come across a morning glory, spread needle,god/unit,etc....

i guess this game version of psu is much like pso dreamcast version 1, lvls capped at lvl100 and no ultimate mode.
it wasnt until version 2 lvl200 cap, ultimate mode, and all the hard weps to find on the version 1 was easyier to find on version 2, and more items where generally found!

so i didnt minding paying for pso once version 2(dreamcast you didnt have to pay monthly just the phone bill)/gamecube version came out, as it felt rewarding most the time(apart for fsod! lol).

psu im not 100% convienced on paying for it, at the price it is now. hold in there for the expansion(version2 in a sense)... if by how the dreamcast version 1 n 2 worked . the expansion will fix any disheartining + it should be worth the cash they are charging(finger crossed)

Rashiid
Apr 21, 2007, 08:53 AM
On 2007-04-21 06:48, HandOfThornz wrote:
firstly i love the concept of psu! over 1000 hours in 4 months of online play!!

ive finally come to a point were playing online holds little meaning at this very point, which is a bit dishearting.
ive lvled my main character to level 80, ive maxed the gun ,tech, etc..p.a's to lvl30(depending on class). ive maxed lvl10 7 classes.
ive got the weps i need for these classes, armour in dif. elements. 4 pm's on on different chars at level 100.blah,blah

im not trying to brag, but this is where pso and psu differ at this moment of psu development...
i love soloing.. lvling up , getting better weps and becoming a stronger character, but its so easy to max out the current stats. then you cant increase stats till sega flips a switch.
at current max stats its becomes either too long,hard or expensive to solo missions with good item rewards or drops(s-s2 missions )

LMAO you crack me up!!!

every post you do, it has sumthing to do w/ bragging/boasting, and then you follow it with "Im not trying to brag...."

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

edit: on topic; its only 10$ a month, i cant see why ppl can complain, i mean, if you can affort internet....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-04-21 06:58 ]</font>

TheRealFlow
Apr 21, 2007, 09:03 AM
I feel it's worth it, even though I do get bored at times, and the updates kinda suck. But it's all about the game play and people you hang out with. =)

(About the 1st post that had to do with grammar) Who gives a fuck? It's the internet buddy, not everyone's perfect? Sorry, but that post was just an asshole thing to say, lol.

Ithildin
Apr 21, 2007, 09:13 AM
My opinion is you have horrible grammer.

So do you. Grammer???? It's spelt Grammar. Fool

TheRealFlow
Apr 21, 2007, 09:17 AM
^ Lol!

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 09:19 AM
On 2007-04-21 07:13, Ithildin wrote:

Errr if it's mispelt its called a spelling mistake and it's not due to grammar...
Back on topic. Yes i get my moneys worth while playing psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dragwind
Apr 21, 2007, 09:21 AM
I am most certainly getting my money's worth. People seem to forget, 10 bucks is cheap for an mmo. I've been playing this game everyday pretty much. 10$ satisfied me enough knowing that there are cool people I can actually play with, conversate about the game, and just have a good time raising stats with. Thats enough for me, couple that with new areas, events, items etc, i'm happy.

Seira7
Apr 21, 2007, 09:30 AM
In all honestly, I do wish the fee was a bit cheaper. I feel the game is worth $7 a month, approximately. But I can save $3 by buying my cats friskies instead of fancy feast for a week, and feel better about the difference. Yessss, make the cats pay for my video game addictions, muhahaha.

But yea, not sure the game is worth $10 a month. Then again, it could be $15 a month like some other games out there. That would really suck. Because I would probably fork over the money anyways and grumble about it.

Ithildin
Apr 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
On 2007-04-21 07:19, Eleina wrote:

Errr if it's mispelt its called a spelling mistake and it's not due to grammar...

Take away my fun why don't you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oniko
Apr 21, 2007, 11:35 AM
Considering I still pay it and play, I'd say it's worth it =P

I like the atmosphere in PSU, it's very flexible with free time, you can log in for 30 minutes and do a run or you can log in for 3 hours, and still keep yourself busy. The game itself is also quite fun and though a bit repetative at times, it's not difficult to break it up if you're willing to go somewhere besides CB >.> Plus, being able to fight in a different outfit whenever the impulse strikes and not have to worry about stats is awesome.

If nothing else...yay laser weapons! XD

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-04-21 07:33, Ithildin wrote:

On 2007-04-21 07:19, Eleina wrote:

Take away my fun why don't you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He he he i'm evil...

Trey_Winters
Apr 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
Well, considering I came from a game (EQOA) that had first charged $14.99/month, then changed it to $12.99/month, I'd say that I'm getting a bit of a deal playing PSU.

That being as it may, I tend to believe that the value of a game depends on the time you spend on it, and the amount of stress it puts on you in the real world. I mean, if you turn on the game, and just can't find the desire to play it anymore (as it was with me 'n EQOA), then no, it most likely is not worth $10.00 to you anymore. When you're paying to not play, then it's more of a burden than a pleasure.

All that said, to me, yes, it is still enjoyable. I like soloing, I like playing with my friends, and while I can't honestly say that I've ever partaken in the "community" aspect of this game (we all came over from EQOA, and took up roost on a server not numbered 2), my friends and I still like the tedious grind, the chance at getting something worthwhile out of it, and accomplishing what we set out for ourselves. Plus, we're all a bunch of old men who've got nothin' better to do...

Nika
Apr 21, 2007, 11:49 AM
Instead of trying to change server and lose your char, why don't call people to join your server more??
if it is in the past while the server is really bad haxing, then there is no good to stay, but now the server is alright , and the money rise up value now( you can't sell sth in high price anymore).
playing in PC is far more better than in Xbox,
1. better connection
2. higher spec >>better graphic, resolution , no lag (but depend on your PC)
3. can do many thing at the same time eg. checking Email. listen to music
4. open other window for psow, psuwiki ,see the map,data while playing
5. take screenshot , taking video record !!

Cz
Apr 21, 2007, 11:59 AM
well sorry about the grammer. >.> it is not like english is my major in college anyways. If i have to write an essay i will triple check all of my sentences to make sure they have no fragments, run on, FANBOYS, comma splice, and grammer. If u expect a perfect paragraph on the internet then u will be disappointed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh...and i tried not to butcher the english language as u can c. I can write a near perfect essay with no fragment watsoever if u still dislike me making bad grammer mistake and such...lol.

On topic: i did encountered new ppl and made friend with them...just that i dont get the same emotion when playing with them as my old friends. I know that $10 is cheap to some, but that $10 accummulate as time goes by. I guess having PSU out for PS2 was a mistake from the start if it is gonna slow down the updates. I bet if Sega Team really tried our servers might catch up or nearly with the Japan within the weeks rather than the months difference. Oh and if this game were at $10+ i would not be back for awhile unless it has more contents to play with.
Thnx for ur replies. I can ease up a little now and play with the rest of my subcription dates until the day Sega cut me off (in about 2 weeks). I am not gonna continue until i feel my money's worth. I will move on and play other games.

P.S. about the grammer thing....dont worry too much about grammer...Bunny doesnt check her grammer online...lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-04-21 09:49, Nika wrote:
Instead of trying to change server and lose your char, why don't call people to join your server more??
if it is in the past while the server is really bad haxing, then there is no good to stay, but now the server is alright , and the money rise up value now( you can't sell sth in high price anymore).
playing in PC is far more better than in Xbox,
1. better connection
2. higher spec >>better graphic, resolution , no lag (but depend on your PC)
3. can do many thing at the same time eg. checking Email. listen to music
4. open other window for psow, psuwiki ,see the map,data while playing
5. take screenshot , taking video record !!

1. lolwut?
2. The 360 actually gets a higher resolution potential with widescreen.
3. So can I.
4. Again, so can I.
5. Yet again, so can I.

Pengfishh
Apr 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
I am probably not getting my money's worth. I'll play a few hours a week, but most of my time is occupied elsewhere. If I could find parties that run missions other than the popular fare, I'd be more interested, but as it stands I can't seem to find parties anywhere else.

I do still enjoy the game, it's just that playing alone most of the time has me less willing to jump on it for fifteen hours a day.

Spacepest
Apr 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
Am I getting my money's worth? I suppose. I'm not on my every waking moment like some people, but I have a blast when I get on.

And for me, PSU is cheap entertainment. Like a previous poster said, you could easily blow $10 for a single 2 hour movie. Hell, yesterday me and my husband went to see a matinee and it cost us $14.

And as for pc/ps2 vs. 360 population...I thought about getting a 360 to play this game. However, I have a big problem giving XBox any of my money for a Phantasy Star game after what happened to the Xbox PSO version of the game (is it still Xmas there, anyone?). And as for the future of the game...there is really no reason why the PC/360 servers couldn't be merged, it would just be a matter of Sega updating some programming on PC side most likely. Its been done for other games before (ex. FFXI).

AC9breaker
Apr 21, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ironically enough, the intent of my original response, which has magically vanished, was so that the opening poster could better clarify their opening statement. Since I personally thought this would have been an interesting topic of discussion. But I guess I expected too much from people who lack reading comprehension skills. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Cz
Apr 21, 2007, 03:40 PM
stay on topic please or dont replied thank you.

VanHalen
Apr 21, 2007, 09:36 PM
Everytime I log on I have a smile on my face. I guess I am getting my money worth.

pineapple
Apr 21, 2007, 09:48 PM
Skip lunch one day, there's your $10. Really, it's not that much, so yeah, I get my money's worth.

Dhylec
Apr 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
I can't wait to get home to play everyday, I think it's well worth it. ;]

DragonStorm
Apr 21, 2007, 11:13 PM
that sucks. My answer is ya i am. 50 bucks paying for the game is because there is offline. a story, lots of stuff. so kinda dumb to say i pay 50 bucks for this game and now i pay 10 dollers more to play monthly. if u dont want to pay more then dont play online, servers arent free. Sega has no choice, if it was free there wouldnt be online. so ya suck it up and just play, its really fun and worth 10 bucks every 30 days, not a big deal. and if you cant afford it well i guess its offline for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Arika
Apr 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
lol , I don't think you should post this topic from the first place, se these..

bunny: Everyone ,"is it worth?"
everybody : YES!, it is worth !!
bunny: For me, not worth, bye !
since you strongly agree by yourself ,why do you have to make this topic?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-21 21:28 ]</font>

Valius
Apr 21, 2007, 11:45 PM
eh, I'm having fun. Could use some improvements here and there. I'd say I'm getting $7.50/$8.00. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ash1ey
Apr 21, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-04-21 07:21, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
I am most certainly getting my money's worth. People seem to forget, 10 bucks is cheap for an mmo. I've been playing this game everyday pretty much. 10$ satisfied me enough knowing that there are cool people I can actually play with, conversate about the game, and just have a good time raising stats with. Thats enough for me, couple that with new areas, events, items etc, i'm happy.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Africa
Apr 22, 2007, 12:30 AM
if any one has a charachter above 50 at this point then psu is worth the 10 dollar fee. i myself used to play entirely to much and if i get another $500 spare dollars to by another 360 i'll do it again ,but that's me.

Miyavizm
Apr 22, 2007, 01:11 AM
I think I am, but the game can get boring alot of times, then again; what games doesn't? With a few breaks here and there it really is worth the $10 a month, if not more. I really don't see why people complain about monthly fees in games like PSU. S'just me though.

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-04-21 21:27, Arika wrote:
lol , I don't think you should post this topic from the first place, se these..

bunny: Everyone ,"is it worth?"
everybody : YES!, it is worth !!
bunny: For me, not worth, bye !
since you strongly agree by yourself ,why do you have to make this topic?

did i really sounded like that?? lol. I just wanted to know how other ppl feel about this game at the moment and are they having fun enough to be paying the $10 every month. I am gonna leave PSU anyway and I like to listen to other's opinion as well. Am i not permitted to post and listen to other's opinion?? i am a curious girl how about that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BahnKnakyu
Apr 22, 2007, 03:08 AM
I get hundreds of hours out of playing this game, but I don't think the service I'm paying for is worth $10 a month, considering how horrible their customer support is.