PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong.... protranser will be one (if not the most..) to

DonMakaveli
Apr 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
I was checkin' some stuff on the expansion and i would like on your opinion on this.... Am i wrong when im sayin that protranser will be one (if not the most..) top class of the game? S ranks on most heavy melee weapons along with ranged power plus lvl 40 skills on both melee and ranged.
As a protranser i can say people don't actually see protranser class with the "respect" we deserve as good melee units, and greater support units, tho' again.. Am i wrong when the same people that dispise us will be the same people crawling to be protransers when the update come out???

Constructive opinions please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif GG

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-04-21 10:34 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 21, 2007, 10:40 AM
you are correct unfortunately...

-Rune-
Apr 21, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm a PT atm, but I hardly see people crawling to our ranks. Reason being, PT still isn't for everyone. We get great balanced stats, but if people are gonna be looking for all out power they'll still pick their forte classes. Only thing we'll really have is being flexible in most situations. It's not gonna be THAT overpowering I dun think.

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
S ranks???? If sega gives boards then maybe...but don't forget that PT having lower stats might not have acces to high ranking Weapons

DonMakaveli
Apr 21, 2007, 11:08 AM
I believe protranser in they highest level have access to the finest S weapons.

Rune u got a point there, tho' in this game char power aint equal to that char's potential, sure there will be classes with greater power than us, tho' we only got 10 skill lvls less than fortefighters and fortegunners, thats why im guessin PT will be one of the top classes, and im hopping that the new classes be great, cuz im seeing all the figunners (noobs or not) changing for those. i think we will saw mass AT's and AF's

Zarbolord
Apr 21, 2007, 11:15 AM
All depends on how you use your character's abilities http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I think that makes my point.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 21, 2007, 01:21 PM
no, they are not the best glass. the low ATP (lower than a guntecker, even), will ensure they have are a niche class.

that being said they look to be very fun..now if only Sega would give them some MST...

EDIT: looking at what's in Beta, I would gather that Guntecher, Wartecher, ArcoTecher, and ArcoFighter are verrry strong (well rounded AND powerful).

Improved: PTs, Fortetechers (whiners: they are the ONLY class to get level 40 techs), FiGunners.

Left behind: Fortefighter, ForteGunner

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-21 11:26 ]</font>

pso123hrf
Apr 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
I think....it's an opinion? O_o

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm making a PT/GT/ForteG on meh cast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Turambar
Apr 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
If someone plays for the flexibility, as well as high lvl PAs and S-Rank weapons, then PT might be the way to go for them. However, they are unable to specialize in any particular field, or use Techs. Thus they won't really be considered the Top Class by alot of people.

AC9breaker
Apr 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
Nope, even with weapon skills and bullets at 40 and job cap increase to 30, we will still have inferior stats. You forget everyone else is getting the same treatment as well. Sega giving all our weapon choices S ranks is just so we aren't completely useless in battle save for traps. With our extra leverage in new EX trap we will definitely prove to be quite useful in parties.

Shiryuu
Apr 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-04-21 11:21, SolomonGrundy wrote:
no, they are not the best glass. the low ATP (lower than a guntecker, even), will ensure they have are a niche class.

Dunno about that. Level 30 Class Levels + Axes + Lvl 40 Skills means they're gonna be up there with FF.

Paramedic
Apr 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't mind that Protranser gets S rank weapons now, as they should get them. I mean, when S ranks become more common, would you still wanna be stuck with 9* A-ranks? I think not...

Kei-Z
Apr 21, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well, about PT weapon usage on the expansion, I'd imagine that they'll be able to use all of the s-ranks available for the most part. They did get an atp boost (and are thus stronger than guntechers now by the way). But the reason I think they'll be able to use all the s-ranks is because there will now be 30 class levels for their stats to keep going up. So I think that even though it may take some leveling, they should still be able to use every s-rank available to them. To a certain extent though, PT's are already like this pre-update, as it takes a well leveled PT to even come close to using Ank Pikor. I don't think people will think they are the best class though. I think maybe a few more people will use them because of the S-ranks, but most of the PT's will probably be the current faithfuls. Honestly, I believe the PT to be a very good class pre-update if they are used correctly, but people still don't use them.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 01:39 PM
i think a lot will be flocking to PT, and ive been trying to get my newman to Pt forever, but he's my second used char.

Paramedic
Apr 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-04-21 11:38, Kei-Z wrote:
(and are thus stronger than guntechers now by the way).

What!?

Kei-Z
Apr 21, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well, if you look at the stat sheet posted on the Q&A thread, it has PT listed at 110% atp at job level 10 and guntecher listed at 106%. I mean, it's not really that big of a difference, but PT's do have a higher modifier in the expansion according to the chart.

Paramedic
Apr 21, 2007, 01:51 PM
Bah. I feel like I'm getting a nerf-bat to the face.

Neggy
Apr 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
PT already is a strong class. Most people just suck balls at it.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:19 PM
i think everybody will be flocking to PT, im not gonna take part in that bunch of losers, if you were a Pt b4 the demo, fine, after the deml came, if thats when u decided, your just envious now. and neggy, wtf? u dont like axes?

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 21, 2007, 02:24 PM
I went to PT because i wanted a challenging class and it is. I think a lot of people may switch over to PT but a lot of those with switch off because it is a work intensive class. you have to train it up before its good. Unlike many of the others where they are good to begin with.

how ever i will probably switch off of the PT when the expansion comes in favor of Whips cause they look cool

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:34 PM
fighs arent good at the beginning, depending on ur lv, if you start somewhere 20-30, it kinda sucks, because u need to be round lv 35, and 4 figh to wield double sabers.

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-04-21 11:47, Kei-Z wrote:
Well, if you look at the stat sheet posted on the Q&A thread, it has PT listed at 110% atp at job level 10 and guntecher listed at 106%. I mean, it's not really that big of a difference, but PT's do have a higher modifier in the expansion according to the chart.

Changes to PT:
ATP 80% -> 110%
MST 50% -> 80%

For reference sake, changes to GT:
ATP 94% -> 106%
TP 44% -> 84%
DEF 80% -> 90%

And also for reference sake, AT have a 96% ATP mod.

On 2007-04-21 11:33, AC9breaker wrote:
Nope, even with weapon skills and bullets at 40 and job cap increase to 30, we will still have inferior stats. You forget everyone else is getting the same treatment as well. Sega giving all our weapon choices S ranks is just so we aren't completely useless in battle save for traps. With our extra leverage in new EX trap we will definitely prove to be quite useful in parties.

AC9 is right here. The stats and skill levels still make them inferior damage dealers. But what really makes PT such an exception class in the beta is the fact that trap prices were lowered, traps are now synthable, and EX traps are just dirty.

One Burn EX trap is probably worth a stack of Burn G traps. It hits for pretty massive damage, still cuases burn, costs as much as G-traps do now, and you can carry TEN of them.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
nice trapz now, i used traps once with a lv 1, and he cleared LL in under 5 mins cause of traps, and that is saying something bout traps, that not many ppl know, and now these new traps, u can even hold more? insane.

SirDeimos
Apr 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
I know alot of people favor the hybrid classes over the forte classes but i still love playing a Fortefighter and in my opinion Pt wont be able to match our melee dmg at class level 30 ALTHOUGH the traps and ranged combat will make up for that, i guess the point is that theres no one class that is really the best (*Cough* fortetechers) it just depends on your style and prefrence.

Syl
Apr 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
I thought the actual job cap was lvl 20 >.>

And besides, there's no point in comparing ATP for GT and PT. They're different play styles, hence you get different sources for damage (i.e, SEs for GT), so I don't feel we're getting nerfed.

After all, we are getting S rank bows <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-04-21 13:29 ]</font>

Criss
Apr 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
The boost in TP alone for GTs make it worth having 4% less ATP than PTs. And that's without taking into consideration that GTs ATP is still increased by 12% in the first place. Add in an extra DFP boost, all the new weapon types they can use, and increase support tech level, Guntechers are gonna rock.

But yeah, with more ATP, a neat assortment of S-rank kickass heavy-weapons, and traps rivaling a portable nuclear bomb, Protransers are certainly gonna rock too.

Sekani
Apr 21, 2007, 03:45 PM
Anyone who chooses to be a protranser just for the S-ranks is a failure.

Actually, anyone who chooses ANY class just for the S-ranks is a failure.

EDIT: Mini-rant aside, are EX traps exclusive to protransers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-04-21 13:46 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Apr 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm currently playing female newman PT...I mostly stick to using ranged weapons like the shotgun or grenader. I have sabers and such for close range...but aside from axes (which I can't use yet) the weapon choices and stat growth are more geared to gunning and trap setting. Like I bearly get any DEF but I have loads of HP to take hits with.

Reginaldo
Apr 21, 2007, 03:55 PM
Everybody forgets that PT's get critical hits more often as well.

Criss
Apr 21, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-04-21 13:53, Dragon_Knight wrote:
I'm currently playing female newman PT...I mostly stick to using ranged weapons like the shotgun or grenader. I have sabers and such for close range...but aside from axes (which I can't use yet) the weapon choices and stat growth are more geared to gunning and trap setting. Like I bearly get any DEF but I have loads of HP to take hits with.

Protranser is one of those classes that play completely differently depending on your race. A Cast or Newman PT will rely on guns, where a Beast PT will make better use of swords, spears, and gets axes much earlier. No two persons will play a PT the same way, there are just so many things you can do with it.

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-04-21 13:45, Sekani wrote:

Yup.

Soukosa
Apr 21, 2007, 05:52 PM
* PTs have, and will likely always have, lower stats than the other classes that are more optimized in that realm, like the fortes.
* PTs lack enhanced PP regen that the other classes enjoy for their strongest weapon type. They also don't have a PP cost reduction like the fortes do. I'm sure the fG player rather love that too.

The class is already rather powerful if played by someone knowing what they're doing. The buffs just put it up more in notch with the other classes so they don't fall badly behind in the end.

Anyone who chooses to be a protranser just for the S-ranks is a failure.

Actually, anyone who chooses ANY class just for the S-ranks is a failure.

Quite true~

Neggy
Apr 21, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-04-21 15:52, Sounomi wrote:
The class is already rather powerful if played by someone knowing what they're doing.

Yes! People, party with Commodore 64, he'll show you what a good PT is. He knows his shit. It's a really strong job, you just need to know what you're doing. I mean shit, the guy's rocking an Alteric+10, clearly he's dedicated to doing PT right.

No relation to C64, by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neggy on 2007-04-21 16:05 ]</font>

-Hyacia-
Apr 21, 2007, 06:18 PM
Hmm, PT is good, just needs to be played properly. But my personal thought about S ranks is...so what? You can mass 9 Stars, and well, 50% 9 Is better then a 44% 10. Then 11 and 12s, how often to get one, good percent, etc.Though a big plus for the ones who use more guns then weapons. I wish I knew more PTs though, too much work for me to level it myself for awhile till I feel really motivated. Either way, we all play together, so the stronger the better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 06:45 PM
This is what makes PT's dirty in Illumines:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSH5GSJW (31mb, Xvid)

(Its an example of Burn EX Traps.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-04-21 16:45 ]</font>

Angelo
Apr 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
S rank Axe and S rank Shotgun? Shit, even I might go Protranser. Not likely though.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-04-21 11:39, Ryan113 wrote:
i think a lot will be flocking to PT, and ive been trying to get my newman to Pt forever, but he's my second used char.

Had a newman Pt and that was horid, i'd personally go Wt or Ft. Casts and Humans make decent Transers in my opinion

Randomness
Apr 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-04-21 15:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Yup.

Drat. So much for fortegunners being (nearly) on par with transers in traps.

Miyoko
Apr 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-04-21 17:49, Randomness wrote:

On 2007-04-21 15:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Yup.

Drat. So much for fortegunners being (nearly) on par with transers in traps.

Considering the massive ATA lead that fG's have over PT's, I'd say it's fair.

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
And its not like G traps are useless >_>

Although EX traps are awesome. But for the price, I wonder how worth it they'd be...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TorterraEndor on 2007-04-21 19:00 ]</font>

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-04-21 18:45, TorterraEndor wrote:
Although EX traps are awesome. But for the price, I wonder how worth it they'd be...?

They're only 500 meseta...

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
You said before they'd be raised in price to 2500 each.

Or I read it wrong.

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 09:23 PM
I said? o_O I haven't said that anywhere. I've only mentioned about trap prices being lowered (all traps, especially the less used traps)

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
One Burn EX trap is probably worth a stack of Burn G traps. It hits for pretty massive damage, still cuases burn, costs as much as G-traps do now, and you can carry TEN of them.
This is where I got confused XD I thought you literally meant they were worth 2500. Its late, I'm tired.

Are there other EX traps?

A2K
Apr 21, 2007, 09:37 PM
Was the trap discount intended to make it into the final release, or was it just for the trial, though?

Itsuki
Apr 21, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:37, A2K wrote:
Was the trap discount intended to make it into the final release, or was it just for the trial, though?

Its too random not to make it to the final release. Its not like a flat discount on all traps. Burn traps were still regular price, while virus traps were slight cheaper, and traps like silence, confuse, etc were all dirt cheap.

-Hyacia-
Apr 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oo, hawt. xD Ex traps look fun, still not enough to make PT a main class though. Something to tinker with here and there.

Raysa
Apr 21, 2007, 09:59 PM
Bleh, I might make my Cast protranser if I get him to the cap eventually. That vid was sweet Itsuki.

DonRoyale
Apr 21, 2007, 10:39 PM
I was planning to make Hagane a Protranser before, because I'm very inexperienced with traps and need a challenge.

Now it's set in stone with S-rank equipment and 40 skills/bullets.

amtalx
Apr 22, 2007, 02:16 AM
Keep in mind that even though Protransers will be able to max at Lvl 40, their stats are average across the board. You will ALWAYS be less effective than an forte class. If you tend to stick to a particular play style, I would choose a different class. However, if you are one of those chameleon players that likes to do everything, go for it.

Selket
Apr 22, 2007, 02:25 AM
Lets just face it ... People dont like us. We are and never will be very popular.
Personaly I am okay with it. Let them number crunch. Let them say I am sub par.
Let them kick me out of thier games saying "LOL Protranzer?! get a REAL job."
I have faced persecution for my choice and have grown to love it. Protranzer feels
"underground" and like an exclusive club. I like that mystique, I dont want it to change.
I dont WANT protranzer to become popular.

I became a Protranzer for my own reasons as well as because a very cool person showed me what a 80 Level Cast Protanzer 10 could do to Dark Fulks. I fell in love. Its all I ever want to play.

Mayu
Apr 22, 2007, 02:45 AM
nothing wrong with protransers -_- ~huggles Ex traps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 22, 2007, 03:54 AM
Wow. I didn't see the status upgrade. Much more power (on par with WT, now, and they are a melee class, no?). good HP, good MST...

very playable at higher levels when the stats balance out a bit. The only issue I ave with the clas is there is no good strafing options for ranged attacks. It's all the heavy weapons. The bump in MST make humans a plpayable choice too.

-_Tao_-
Apr 22, 2007, 08:07 AM
wow, a pro transer rant gone bad. its all in how you play them. your a snob if you think that people are just going to go pro for the stat changes and wont talk to them if they do. Who cares, really... most people maxed out every job class and will be able to play all job classes effectivly.

second... I serriously out damage 90% of the server as a protranser now(pc/ps2)... I doubt that will change in illumin
ous. I hate to be that blunt and cocky about it but I am just putting it out there. And in doing that, i can whole heartily say that its not the stats, its the player.

APEXi
Apr 22, 2007, 08:14 AM
all i have to say is... apexi crit's with axes for over 2grand (with redda). and then i can freeze and infect jarbas without the need for a trap. i can switch to fists and use the first PA for quick mobs. or i can use shotguns to spray SE all over the place. i can drop traps if i want to run in and out of trouble. protranser was, is, and will still be a great class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-04-22 06:15 ]</font>

Tahldon
Apr 22, 2007, 09:25 AM
Itsuki, great presentation on the video. I had to say it.

I, myself, can foresee the big flock of Protransers when AoI comes into play. I started a new alternate character with the sole intentions of making him a Protranser (which I did). I'll admit, starting Protranser from level 1 and going up will show you ALL the struggles of that class.

That said, a lot of people reach cap and go Protranser "just to check it out" and they complain about how aweful the class is. I see them spamming traps and complaining about how sucky the class is and whathaveyou. In short when AoI comes out Protranser is going to be the new Fighunner unfortunately. At least that's what I'm thinking.

But yeah, It'll be really interesting to see how many Protransers actually come out of the woodworks. Having played a Newman Fortetecher for the majority of the time I've been playing PSU, Protranser was a good switch for me. I needed something with a little variety and so Protranser was all of what I wanted.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 04:10 PM
Well, I have to admit the thing that made me go transer was the ability to use S ranks, and the realization that I'm never gonna see an S rank as a fortegunner for a WHILE. (And really, I would only switch back to fortegunner if I had an S shotgun or grenade. And it'd be temporary.) But, I love the job. I love being able to smash and chop with axes without giving up any of the guns that I liked (other than crossbow). Stats? I'm already human, so do I look like I give a fuck about numbers? At long as I don't see 0 a lot, I'm fine.

DonMakaveli
Apr 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
Since i start this topic, and never expected so much post on it, i feel on the right to give some more opinions on the issue, people say that PT will never match Forte classes, u got a point there, prolly its true, tho' there are plenty situations where a Fortefighter gets his ass stuck in dificult situations as well the Fortegunner. Both of 'em only got 10 more skill lvls than us PT, plus we got that dope stuff from both of 'em. So again if u ask me if i better want to be "THA GREATER GOD OF MELEE/RANGED" or a Great Melee & Ranged char, there's no doubt i would choose the second one, plus TRAPS r0x everything, everyone likes a virus on Jarbas, or a mob on fire, go vahras froze, or a bunch of deljaban silenced. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

HFlowen
Apr 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
Protransers are work. A PT's best bet at doing damage is the PA limit. Even if you don't have the ATP to dish out effective damage, a maxed PA will have an insane multiplier. And of course, the extra critical hit is never a bad thing.

Aralia
Apr 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
Just remember, if PT's get lvl 20 or 30 or whatever the true future class lvl will be, so will all the other classes. I can foresee PT's being the same when maxed as they are comparatively now.

Cause remember, a fF might only LOOK a bit better in stats, but it's the numbers in game that will determine the class's power.
If a PT maxes out and hits for 4-5k per hit with an axe.. what do you think a fF will be hitting for? most likely ALOT more than a PT.

like said, Damage numbers in game > stats on paper.

Magician
Apr 24, 2007, 09:09 AM
Protranser is the most versatile class to play, but certainly not the best.

That, and I'm of the mind that their end-game stats will remove the cream weapons from them.

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
I don't doubt that Protranser will be an awesome class *endgame*. Still, it's one of those classes you *work* for. I would have no mind if they become great. It's all in the incentive for working hard at it.