PDA

View Full Version : PS2 AoI worries

xennec
Apr 21, 2007, 02:37 PM
I've just now started thinking about several things concerning AoI on PS2.

So we know for sure that it is coming out on PS2... but will the game be only for fat PS2 because slimline PS2 does not support a hard drive? If it is possible on slim PS2, how will players get additions not on the disk and how will players be able to access info from the original PSU disk?

Luckily I have a fat and slim PS2, but I dont want to have to shell out $100 to buy the hard drive and ethernet port for fat PS2.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
ST is stupid, but not stupid enough to make it only for the fat one.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
Uh, what info would you need from the original disk? AoI will probably have all of that (minus story mode from regular PSU) on it.

Eleina
Apr 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-04-21 12:38, Ryan113 wrote:
ST is stupid, but not stupid enough to make it only for the fat one.

Hummm i wonder....
But i don't think ppl will have to worry it'll get it's own game disk

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:42 PM
thats what i thought, but it should still have story, cuz if it doesnt, ud have to switch discs to play story, which most people dont like or play anymoe, but still.

xennec
Apr 21, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-04-21 12:42, Ryan113 wrote:
thats what i thought, but it should still have story, cuz if it doesnt, ud have to switch discs to play story, which most people dont like or play anymoe, but still.

I might be interpreting your message wrong, but that is a possibilility. The game could come with two disks, one for online one for story mode.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 02:53 PM
what i meant was, ud have to switch over to your old psu disk, and that wouldnt be very conveniant. why cant it just be one disk?

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 21, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-04-21 12:42, Ryan113 wrote:

Ambitions of Illuminus will likely have its own story mode, making it not just an expansion, but a true sequel. You have to keep in mind that PSU isn't just an online game; it's a traditionally suited offline Action RPG, as well.

Out_Kast
Apr 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
That's what I was worrying about.
Does anyone know any information about the Offline half of PSU:AoI? Infact, it would just be nice if I could have a confirmatio that there definately is one, and that you can use your characters from the normal PSU on AoI.
Thanks in advance for any help =]

Edit: And does anyone know if there could be an offline multiplayer? It's the only thing I'm really missing =[

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2007-04-21 13:13 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
yea omg we need offline multiplayer, up to 4 ppl maybe, id buy the multitap just for that. me and my best friend played pso offline and had fun doing that, but he didnt even buy psu cuz no multiplayer offline.

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
>_>

Look up dual layered DVDs

PSU isn't one of them. AoI could.

RedX
Apr 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
Actually it is dual layered. At least on PC anyway.