PDA

View Full Version : Humanblast..kinda.

Gryffin
Apr 21, 2007, 04:19 PM
I've been thinking. For once. And I thought of this. Well, since humans are the ones that engineered the weapons and other races and such, why not give them a 'Super art' kind of thing.

It isn't what you think though. The glowy bar fills up (At the same rate of the SUV, being as this isnt TOO big of a special) and when its full, you unleash an attack based on your current weapon...like this. (For 1 handed weapons, the attacks are used as
one, but they are weaker than the others. 1 handed
guns either shoot off as the player does the melee, or very quickly before-hand) (I'm even including the AOI weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Saber: The users makes a simple cross slash, and rushes forward.
Dagger: The user tosses the dagger forward, and drop kicks in the same direction, catching the dagger as they hit the ground.
Slicer: The user makes a rapid spin that launches 3 large blades.
Whip: The whip is lashed upwards, and particles of photons hit nearby enemies.
Claw: The blades on the claw fire the photon blades, they pierce and knockdown enemies.
Wand: The wand is lashed forward and a quick nova of photon expels from it.
Handgun: The player does 3 quick shots that have a chance of stunning.
Mechgun: The mechgun is us shot upwards, bullets rain down.
Card/Fan: 5 rounds that have SE 3 instead of 2 slip out and home in on the enemy.
Crossbow: The 3 split round is fired, it goes for the same distance as a rifle, with a piercing feature.
Madoog: The madoog turns into a ball of photon and uses itself as a nos spell, doing large damage to a single enemy.
Shadoog: The shadoog lunges at the last targeted enemy, and debuff's it and all others in range.
Sword: The sword is slammed into the ground, knocking down and damaging all enemies within the radius.
Spear: The user jumps upwards with the spear, and propels downwards on 1 enemy for massive damage
Knuckles: The user does 3 backflips (that hit the enemy) and then does a bodyslam back to where they were.
Twin Sabers: The user spins rapidly, causing a small tornado to send all nearby enemies, far, far away.
Twin Daggers: The user throws the daggers forward and they do a 360 and fly back into the users hands.
Axe: The axe is swung viciously into the nearest enemy, who is launched across the room, doing damage to those it hits.
Twin Claws: The user glides forward, immune to attacks, slashing and cutting all in its path.
Double saber: The saber is spun rapidly, launching off bits of photons into nearby enemies. If an enemy comes in contact, they get stuck and can take up to 10 hits.
Rod: The targeted enemy is struck with a non elemental bolt from the sky. The enemy becomes confused.
Rifle: The rifle fires 5 quick shots, that have random lvl 4 SE. (Auto SE. No matter what, except bosses)
Twin Handguns: The guns fire 1 shot from each, but release charges that explode on impact, sending the enemy flying.
Shotgun: All enemies hit by the shot fired are automatically confused, and will only attack enemies. (unlike REGULAR confusion)
Grenade: A grenade is fired under the users feet, it splits and 4 grenades fly out in random directions.
Laser: The laser is held for 3 seconds, up to 10 hits per enemy.
Bow: The bow shoots 3 arrows at once, they cause auto-sleep and are at 250% power.

Well, suggestions? I am quite aware that this would never happen, but how could would something like this be? Any other ideas or wishes? (Sorry for leaving you Newmans out, I still love you <3)

Zorafim
Apr 21, 2007, 04:23 PM
It may be a bit much to implement all of those just for one race, but you're on the right track. Something of a super attack for humans would be nice to see.

Allison_W
Apr 21, 2007, 04:29 PM
I dunno. I get the impression that newmans need it more.

Kudos on the dragoon jump with the spear, though; you read my mind. (I think you read everyone's mind on that one.)

Freshellent
Apr 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
Something as simple as an auto buff would be nice. A K-Groove ala CvS2 rage mode.

Or "unlimited" PP for the "Blast" for it's duration. Melee weapons % could be upped to 50% elements,or swing like one. ( I hope that makes sense) TECHS can hit for twice the damage,or hit as though they were maxed out,regardless of class. Sure that would be useless to players with maxed out arts,but we could toss in the "unlimited" PP for that as well.

Just a thought. But Zorafim's right. Your on the right track,just needed some simplifying.

Criss
Apr 21, 2007, 04:37 PM
Beasts are physically strong and get nanoblast, Casts are cyborgs who get huge special weaponry... But newmen are masters of the mind, why don't they get some kind of Psychoblast? Or Psychic Blast? And yeah, humans are the masters of versatility, they could have a special move depending on what class they are. Ie: Fortefighters get a huge smashing combo, protransers drop a special uber trap, etc.

I for one have beast and cast characters, and still think humans and newmans should get something.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
Newmans need an ability, not Humans, I mean, Humans are just humans.

Pillan
Apr 21, 2007, 04:52 PM
Newmans and humans get godly TP and MST rather than a special ability. Newman TP is basically double that of a Cast and Newman MST is almost triple, which is a huge difference compared to the 30-50% stat distributions in the other stats. Beast TP and MST isn't much better than Cast.

If you really want a special ability, either nerf Human and Newman TP and MST severely or buff Cast and Beast TP to a decent and fair amount.

So, which way would you prefer? Cool special attacks and a small spell difference that would make Casts almost as good as Newmans at force or the current system?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-04-21 14:53 ]</font>

gambit04
Apr 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-04-21 14:37, Criss wrote:
Beasts are physically strong and get nanoblast, Casts are cyborgs who get huge special weaponry... But newmen are masters of the mind, why don't they get some kind of Psychoblast? Or Psychic Blast? And yeah, humans are the masters of versatility, they could have a special move depending on what class they are. Ie: Fortefighters get a huge smashing combo, protransers drop a special uber trap, etc.

I for one have beast and cast characters, and still think humans and newmans should get something.

I actually like the idea of getting a Super Trap that sounds really cool.

Another idea is maybe they could just increase their speed by so much so no matter what class they are they do it better...faster.
Could you imaging a Human Fortetecher with har/quick and a "blast" that would increase spell speed wow that would be crazy.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-04-21 14:52, Pillan wrote:
Newmans and humans get godly TP and MST rather than a special ability. Newman TP is basically double that of a Cast and Newman MST is almost triple, which is a huge difference compared to the 30-50% stat distributions in the other stats. Beast TP and MST isn't much better than Cast.

If you really want a special ability, either nerf Human and Newman TP and MST severely or buff Cast and Beast TP to a decent and fair amount.

So, which way would you prefer? Cool special attacks and a small spell difference that would make Casts almost as good as Newmans at force or the current system?

Please tell me you are joking.

SirenV
Apr 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
"I've been thinking. For once" hehe. I think those are some great ideas =). My friend actually thought it would be cool if humans could get the "Old" PS weapons.. like the Elsydeon, Laya's bow, etc for a "blast". I thought it'd be cool if Numans (well if they ever got a blast), had some kind of elemental burst like PSIV Raja's St.Fire or Onmagoug's electric blast or whatever it was (Which is not unlike what you had for Madoog). Lots of wishing for summons by people as well. Personally for my character, I wanted "Boobular Cannon"... but that unfortunately will not happen.

Anyway, good thinking!
Edit: Removed accidental emoticon *twitch*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SirenV on 2007-04-21 15:15 ]</font>

Pillan
Apr 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-04-21 15:10, Sychosis wrote:
Please tell me you are joking.

The numbers are right here (http://psu.amesani.org/project/charstat/list.php) if you want to check for yourself. Casts and Beasts have severe deficiencies in those two areas to make up for their abilities.

EDIT:

Oh, sorry. I assumed you meant joking about the difference. Yeah, I guess it's silly to ask which people would prefer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-04-21 15:23 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 21, 2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe implememnt a "turbo mode" that'd increase movement speed for a short time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Uncle_bob
Apr 21, 2007, 05:45 PM
No.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 05:48 PM
You know, you CAN delete your own posts when you edit them.

Kakumei
Apr 21, 2007, 05:58 PM
I understand what you think about the humans being well, gimped, but people arn't arn't really using them to their potential. Most I see are Forte-classes. They are good for the cross classes. There will be more crea's useable human only later. But really..if your unsatisfied, don't play a human until they do something about it.

Angelo
Apr 21, 2007, 06:42 PM
I'd like to see Humans and Newmans get ANYTHING special, so I'm all for this.

Despite the fact I'd never play as a wimpy little human or a girly newman!! OHOHO

But you know, I'm all about race equality -grins-

Randomness
Apr 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
There should have been super attacks for humans and newmans, and I had hoped for Ambition to fix that, but...

I had envisioned the Human super attack as something along the lines of calling for support, like artillery fire, and air strike, or, at the highest level, full scale orbital bombardment, as a Heavens Punisher.

adycarter
Apr 21, 2007, 07:29 PM
Humans/Newmans get Rentis/whatever as their "racial skills"

They even get a little rentis bar.

So there you go,e veryone has a recial ability

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
Um, what if were not Forces? CASTs can do SUVs as non-Rangers and Beasts can Nanoblast as non-Hunters. Newmans need something they can do as non-Forces, if anything, they should have gotten an ability before beasts and casts cuz they have the worst stats as non-Forces and one of the things they're best at is totally useless once they go outside of Force.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-04-21 17:29, adycarter wrote:
Humans/Newmans get Rentis/whatever as their "racial skills"

They even get a little rentis bar.

So there you go,e veryone has a recial ability

Is that why my Partner Machine uses Rentis, multiple times in a row? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Gryffin
Apr 21, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-04-21 14:52, Pillan wrote:

This has been brought up thousands, upon thousands of times. STATS AREN'T A SPECIAL ABILITY. If so, than Casts and Beasts are TOTALLY BROKEN.

I mean seriously, by your theory, Casts and Beasts shouldn't be the best in their stats, since they have a special.

So, with your logic, Humans & Newmans should have the highest of all stats, since they don't have an in battle 'special ability'

Am I right?

All in favor of humans and Newmans receiving a +50% bonus in all stats regardless of class, and no special big pretty thing, say 'I'.

Eye.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 07:40 PM
^ Aye!

I giggle every time someone tries to push "ubar teching ability!" or 7* Creas as special abilities.

Pillan
Apr 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-04-21 17:32, Gryffin wrote:
This has been brought up thousands, upon thousands of times. STATS AREN'T A SPECIAL ABILITY. If so, than Casts and Beasts are TOTALLY BROKEN.

No, they’re not the same thing, but one is used to discount the other in the decently balanced system of PSU. You see the same issue in the low stats of Protranser, which are used to discount its high PA limit and trap enhancement.

On 2007-04-21 17:32, Gryffin wrote:
I mean seriously, by your theory, Casts and Beasts shouldn't be the best in their stats, since they have a special.

So, with your logic, Humans & Newmans should have the highest of all stats, since they don't have an in battle 'special ability'

I never stated that or anything that would imply such a statement. That would be over-discounting a small special ability. If, say, Casts and Beasts only had to attack an enemy once to fill their bar, then I would be forced to agree with you on that.

Anyway, I suppose it really doesn’t matter since ST agrees with me in this case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-04-21 18:00 ]</font>

Lamak
Apr 21, 2007, 08:04 PM
Newms need stats. Humes need a special.

natewifi
Apr 21, 2007, 09:04 PM
I already sed this idea in the 100 not gonna happen thread...

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:04, natewifi wrote:
I already sed this idea in the 100 not gonna happen thread...

Congratulations?

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 09:07 PM
Could a human in this thread please inform me of what special ability they can use?

I mean in real life. With all that oxygen and natural light.

Schubalts
Apr 21, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:07, TorterraEndor wrote:
Could a beast in this thread please film themselves using nanoblast?

Fixed that for ya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
Lol, nice one torterra. I agree, Humans shouldn't get a special ability in this game, but Newmans should.

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:07, TorterraEndor wrote:
Could a human in this thread please inform me of what special ability they can use?

Wait, you mean manipulating photons with my mind is something all humans can already do?!

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
Why do you need a rod/wand to cast techs?

Its still just technology.

Skuda
Apr 21, 2007, 09:23 PM
Newmen are proficient with manipulating photons, so why not give them some sort of powerful elemental blast when their guage fills.

Human's shouldn't really get a special ability. They don't excell in anything. But they were the ones who created newmans, beasts, and casts. Humans have science on their side. So why not give them synthing bonuses or something?

Sychosis
Apr 21, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:19, TorterraEndor wrote:

I'm not going to pretend I have an intricate knowledge of the technology behind rods/wands. But they are certainly not the sole factor is TECHNIC casting.

Most likely you need to link a certain TECHNIC to a wand/rod in order to draw enough of a particular type of photon together to focus on and create the TECHNIC. There is no denying TECHNICs are a spiritual/mental phenomenon.

TorterraEndor
Apr 21, 2007, 09:26 PM
The problem is that no matter whats suggested, someone opposes it.

I've always seen as race abilities being exclusive to beasts and casts...fitting.

VanHalen
Apr 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Humans and Newmans don't need a special ability? I mean we already have one, no cleft lip(well not ingame).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-04-21 19:30 ]</font>

Miyuki-chan
Apr 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
I say Newmans should get an attack speed boost with all weapons to go along with
their description of being "agile", regardless of class. I also think we should be able
to use twin claws in any class being as in the original PS games all Newmen/Neumen
used as weapons were claws http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I also like the idea of the Human "class versatility" specials mentioned earlier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
*drops super trap and runs away* *watches Jarba explode*

just my 2 mesetas on the subject

Skuda
Apr 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:26, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-21 19:19, TorterraEndor wrote:

I'm not going to pretend I have an intricate knowledge of the technology behind rods/wands. But they are certainly not the sole factor is TECHNIC casting.

Most likely you need to link a certain TECHNIC to a wand/rod in order to draw enough of a particular type of photon together to focus on and create the TECHNIC. There is no denying TECHNICs are a spiritual/mental phenomenon.

Too true. After all, Mirei healed Ethan's broken leg without the use of a casting weapon. She just used her hand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Miyuki-chan
Apr 21, 2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe Mirei used some true "magic" like they had in PSIV? Like that party heal
magic that Raja had? I'd say i want that, but i dont want to be "heal bi/tch" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Serephim
Apr 21, 2007, 11:14 PM
the word "Humanblast" made me laugh uncontrollably.

Gryffin
Apr 21, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-04-21 21:14, Serephim wrote:

Mmm, I thought it was fun.

Made me think of stuffing the population of Cylez in a microwave.

Radiata
Apr 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
I'd like to see something for Newmans, too. Perhaps like something that triples their next next attack. Like TP wise. O.o Though that'd suck for the ones that aren't Forces!

Zorafim
Apr 21, 2007, 11:46 PM
An interesting thing to note is that cast SUVs are near useless on force, nanoblasts even more so. Before they give humans and newmen a special blast, they need to add in a teching beast form and tp based SUV (The beasts' attacks cast spells, and the SUVs modify TP heavily enough to be on par with a fortefighter's SUV when they're on fortetecher). Then they need to rebalanced the stat distribution and fix evasion so that newmen and humans can be on par with the other races in terms of job effectivity (Heavily lower newman tp and mst, raise their physical stats slightly, make blocking not stun you during a PA. There, fixed). Once that is all done, give newmen an ability that puts their high agility and photon manipulation skill into high gear (I vote for Rika's disrupt), and give humans a super attack.

gambit04
Apr 21, 2007, 11:59 PM

Yeh Humans can get a blast but they have to get married first then they can blast then they have a kid that follows you through the missions.

Criss
Apr 22, 2007, 12:57 AM
On 2007-04-21 17:22, Randomness wrote:
There should have been super attacks for humans and newmans, and I had hoped for Ambition to fix that, but...

I had envisioned the Human super attack as something along the lines of calling for support, like artillery fire, and air strike, or, at the highest level, full scale orbital bombardment, as a Heavens Punisher.

GDI Ion Cannon FTW.

Alisha
Apr 22, 2007, 03:54 AM
I say Newmans should get an attack speed boost with all weapons to go along with
their description of being "agile", regardless of class. I also think we should be able
to use twin claws in any class being as in the original PS games all Newmen/Neumen
used as weapons were claws

I also like the idea of the Human "class versatility" specials mentioned earlier

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight because clearly a newman should be able to swing a sword and axe faster than a beast..........

Too true. After all, Mirei healed Ethan's broken leg without the use of a casting weapon. She just used her hand.
do you people even play story mode the reason she was able to do that is because of the mark of light on her hand. its a technology that may be similar to nanoblasting.

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 04:02 AM
This topic lacks crea weapons.

Skuda
Apr 22, 2007, 04:08 AM
crea weapons only look good on paper

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 04:15 AM
On 2007-04-22 02:08, Skuda wrote:

It's a tough world.

Miyuki-chan
Apr 22, 2007, 04:17 AM
On 2007-04-22 02:15, omegapirate2k wrote:

It's a tough world.

Crea weapons arent that bad with a good element on them, i've done almost 500 on a Rising Strike crit with my 44% light Crea Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif that's as a Newearl WT ;p

Skuda
Apr 22, 2007, 04:19 AM
They're pretty expensive to make, let alone getting a good percent on them. Grats on the 44. Damn nice for a crea.

Miyuki-chan
Apr 22, 2007, 04:20 AM
i didnt make it myself, my PM is a piece of garbage lol
some random guy sold it to me for 27k a few months back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skuda
Apr 22, 2007, 04:22 AM
grats none the less.

Sadly, something like that on PC/PS2 would run for a good 60 million in a player shop. u_u

Retehi
Apr 22, 2007, 04:23 AM

Crea weapons don't look good on anything.

Miyuki-chan
Apr 22, 2007, 04:23 AM
60 million? that's um.... i'm speechless on that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif sorry to hear about that

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 04:25 AM
On 2007-04-22 02:17, Miyuki-chan wrote:

It's a tough world.

Crea weapons arent that bad with a good element on them, i've done almost 500 on a Rising Strike crit with my 44% light Crea Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif that's as a Newearl WT ;p

Yeeeah, but it's not good enough nowadays miyuki, they need MORE

Miyuki-chan
Apr 22, 2007, 04:28 AM
On 2007-04-22 02:25, omegapirate2k wrote:

It's a tough world.

More what? More cowbell? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AweOfShe
Apr 22, 2007, 04:37 AM
I'd like for Newmans to have Photon Blast-esque specials.

I don't care if it's strong, or weak, or absolutely useless. I just want them to have something really freaking flashy, so I can have a reason to shout out some stupid-ass macros, like most Casts and Beasts do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyuki-chan
Apr 22, 2007, 04:46 AM
my twin claws give me plenty of reason to shout out stupid macros ;p

Mikaga
Apr 22, 2007, 05:13 AM
I think the "zomg double TP" thing is the funniest thing I've read all week. How had it not occurred to Mr.TPlover that the other three races all tend to beat Newmans at pretty much everything else? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

If that was sarcasm, you're a freaking idiot.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
Just as the races each have their own statistical bent, each race SHOULD have had a reason to get that bar filled up.

Casts get the SUV (this is a lot like the support fire that was suggested for humans, unfortunately, and there still is no equivalent of the GDI ion cannon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), Beasts get the Nanoblast (which is essentially just transforming. Some game devs use this as a half-assed way to say "We have summons!"). Numans and humans get what? Their bar never fills, they never have any flashy one-time-use-unti-the-bar-refills thing like the casts and beasts.

...and not even race exclusives like shitty creas count. When hacked weapons were all over the place, the Killer Elite 13* rifle was Cast-exclusive.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-04-22 03:13, Mikaga wrote:

If that was sarcasm, you're a freaking idiot.

I neither agree nor disagree with your asessment.

VanHalen
Apr 23, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well I hope in AoI Humans get a Human only sword. It makes since since for some reason, when a human baby is born they have a sword in their hand. When a baby Cast is born it has a rifle(hence why they have a Cast only rifle Killer Elite), Newmans have a tech weapon(Halarod), Beast have knuckles(Gudda wtf).

Shiryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 05:04 PM
Humans should get a critical hit rate boost or something. Maybe give them a berserk mode and have their CHR go up to 200% and DFP/EVA down to 50% for 20 seconds. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-04-23 15:05 ]</font>

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-04-21 21:59, gambit04 wrote:

Yeh Humans can get a blast but they have to get married first then they can blast then they have a kid that follows you through the missions.

Since when do you have to get married to do something like that?

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-22 01:54, Alisha wrote:

used as weapons were claws

I also like the idea of the Human "class versatility" specials mentioned earlier

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight because clearly a newman should be able to swing a sword and axe faster than a beast..........

Exactly.

RadiantLegend
Apr 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
They should create a new race so they can keep complaining.

Titan
Apr 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
Humans should be able to cast/shoot/hit things 10x faster for a short period of time. Newmans should be able to summon some creature like a mag did in PSO.