PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious guy in the AOI intro video

zandra117
Apr 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
He isn't Renvolt Magashi, I think he is Endrum Harness, the leader of the Endrum Collective before they were forced to disband, he commands Magashi.

Gemel
Apr 21, 2007, 06:31 PM
Right now we got really no evidence who he is, but yea we can guess.

One problem with the Endrum Collective theory wasnt it disbanded? Maybe he is the leader of the Illumines because it shows one of the Sochee (A-Photon bombs) exploding when it showes his face but really who knows he can end up being Ethans dad.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 06:34 PM
interesting, but i doubt it cuz the lines on his face indicated he's a cast.

zandra117
Apr 21, 2007, 06:36 PM
All the endrum collective guys left the AMF and went Illuminus. Anyways I found a picture of Endrum Harness and it's not him. He is probably Olson Waber. Olson was considered dead but maybe someone found him half alive and made him into a cast. (like how Anikin became Darth Vader lol)

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 06:42 PM
true..didnt think bout that....i bet they're on opposite sides haha. AND also, with the things exploding, just pause the video to see his face..

Parn
Apr 21, 2007, 06:43 PM
I took a screengrab and brightened it by 50% with Photoshop:

http://synbios.net/misc/aoi.jpg

As you can see, the "line" on his face does not continue beyond a few centimeters past either side of the nose. It is more likely that this is a scar, especially since he has human eyes, and lacks the forehead and ear attachments that casts have.

MaximusLight
Apr 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-04-21 16:43, Parn wrote:

As you can see, the "line" on his face does not continue beyond a few centimeters past either side of the nose. It is more likely that this is a scar, especially since he has human eyes, and lacks the forehead and ear attachments that casts have.

On thing is forsure, he is one evil human, yellows are evil NOT hazel, yellow. Heck when you think about he looks like magashi.

SStrikerR
Apr 21, 2007, 06:47 PM
yea it kinda does look like a scar, heres my theory, prbably wrong but...
ok- dallgun tried to get rid of olson for some reason.....(they were partners in the past so...unever know...) anyway, olson survives, and starts illumnes, but its a secret until they amass a huge army or somthing, and then olson reveals himself to ethan, and ethan joins him....olson sends him to kill dallgun and well, thats all i got.

Parn
Apr 21, 2007, 06:51 PM
Olson: No Ethan... I am your father.

Ethan: No! That's not true! That's impossible!

Olson: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Ethan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *slits wrists*

WBMike
Apr 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
MAYBE he is Megashi's "Creator" or Magashi is based off of him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

MaximusLight
Apr 21, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-04-21 16:51, Parn wrote:
Olson: No Ethan... I am your father.

Ethan: No! That's not true! That's impossible!

Olson: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Ethan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *slits wrists*

XD We're all going to be saying it if that happens.

XDeviousX
Apr 21, 2007, 06:58 PM
Maybe Mugashi was made more "Human" by the Illuminous... Who knows, but I hope there is an interesting plot twist in store for AOI....

Edit: Maybe someone could do a face comparison?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-21 16:59 ]</font>

zandra117
Apr 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
Maybe the original Magashi is really a human and is using his cast alter ego and clones to command the Endrum Collective in favor of the Illuminus. It is kinda wierd that casts are working for a human fundamentalist group.

SirenV
Apr 21, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well, it was rumored that the Illuminus had ties to the Endrum collective...

XDeviousX
Apr 21, 2007, 07:40 PM
On furthe inspection, that is Renvolt Magashi, just look at the pic closely...

He has the same line/scare as Renvolt except it isn't red, his skin and hair are the same color, same face structure, minus a "horn/antena" and the red face accessories on his chin and cheeks...

If that isn't Magashi then ST has even worse character design then I thought, there is more then one "Magashi", or Renvolt was never a cast to begin with....

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/characters/offline_characters/magashi-2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-21 17:43 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Apr 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
Don't forget Magashi was infected by the SEED, and who knows what effect that can have on a CAST.

Itoshi
Apr 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
Maybe it is Illumanes...

MaximusLight
Apr 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-04-21 17:40, XDeviousX wrote:
On furthe inspection, that is Renvolt Magashi, just look at the pic closely...

He has the same line/scare as Renvolt except it isn't red, his skin and hair are the same color, same face structure, minus a "horn/antena" and the red face accessories on his chin and cheeks...

If that isn't Magashi then ST has even worse character design then I thought, there is more then one "Magashi", or Renvolt was never a cast to begin with....

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/characters/offline_characters/magashi-2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-21 17:43 ]</font>

you know you can't really tell what colors the guys skin is all you can say for certain is that he has a human face and that it closely resembles Magashi's.

XDeviousX
Apr 21, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-04-21 16:43, Parn wrote:

You can clearly see his skin and eye color in this pic... It might be that Magashi is a unit of clones, or he disguised himself as a cast or is disguising himself now as human. All I do know is that ST has 1000 options for this story and most of them are cool and full of depth, and some will peter-out and be bland like the original story...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
I still think it's a Cast, a sort of Proto-Magashi, controlling all the other Magashi-unit things. You know how there are X number of Lou-units? Yeah, probably the same for Magashi-type Casts. That's the best way to explain how he can die and come back so much.

Anyway, probably some sort of Proto-Magashi Cast, probably the leader of the Illuminus.

Sinue_v2
Apr 21, 2007, 09:18 PM
It sure as hell isn't Olson Waber. Ethan is too big a pussy to be related to this guy. Not to mention that Olsen is always reguarded as a great man by his peers. It's proabably a case where Olsen did exactly what Ethan is doing - infultrating the Illiuminus and either was caught and killed (unlikely), or is grudginly working for them - either as a captive or still as an operative.

It's more likely that Megashi (being a cast clone) was created in this guys image to act as an agent of the Illiumines so that this guy didn't have to stick his neck out on the line and possibly get killed.

Judging from the glow in his eyes, he's likely human - but possessed. Perhaps a return of Dark Force?

A2K
Apr 21, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:
It sure as hell isn't Olson Waber. Not to mention that Olsen is always reguarded as a great man by his peers.

LUKE ETHAN: How did my father die?

BEN HEADMASTER NAV: A young Jedi Guardian named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire Illuminus hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights non-humans. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader That Guardian was seduced by the dark side of the Force Profound Darkness.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Aarokh
Apr 21, 2007, 09:43 PM
If you played story mode you know that it was possible to them to create casts which looked like normal newmans for example. Just think about the assasin you saw on the festival when you first entered neudaiz~
This might as well be a cast. After all he has really weird ears imo..

Sinue_v2
Apr 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
Possible? Yeah....

Probably - not really. I can't see Sega going that route. In this game we're dealing with the Illumines directly, and that guy is a bigwig in the organisation or else he would not have gained a place in the video. All things considered, Megashi was just a small-fry - and disposable tool. His place as a villan is only in leading up to AoI. Now that we're dealing directly with the Illumines, we'll probably end up seeing some more of the human faces which compose it's membership.

Angelo
Apr 21, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-04-21 19:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:
It sure as hell isn't Olson Waber. Ethan is too big a pussy to be related to this guy.

It happens. Look at Tidus and Jecht in FF10.

Skuda
Apr 21, 2007, 10:19 PM
Olson was also never really around when Ethan was young, so he doesn't have that many memories to go along with his father. A lot could have happened.

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 04:14 AM
I still say he's kireek.

l_Will_l
Apr 22, 2007, 07:13 AM
XD lol kireek, with bringing out the hounds armor ud think there would be enough kireeks. lol

Nobo
Apr 22, 2007, 07:39 AM
I think its magashi, but with clothes on since casts can now wear certain clothes. Same hair and same cut or line on his nose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Sylpheed
Apr 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
With a face that closely resembling magashi i dont see how he cant be or be connected to magashi, if he turns out to be a completely different person with no links to magashi whatsoever ST are gonna get an earful on how shit they're imagination is

Urtri
Apr 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
this whole topic also calls in question the whole CAST's cannot be Infected by the Seed Virus thing since in the Story Chapter where you meet Maya for the first time it says, if your a cast, that your exculed from the medical tests.
Maybe Magashi is a 50/50 Cast/Human Clone. what do you guys think?

MayLee
Apr 22, 2007, 10:48 AM
I have a feeling TThat might be Magashi in Human form, maybe Human Magashi created robotic imitations of himself because human Magashi's soul is filled with evil and poopy SEED lifeforms and suchness...

Then again, it could be Ethan's mom...Yes, his mom...<.<

>.>

XDeviousX
Apr 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-04-22 08:36, Urtri wrote:
this whole topic also calls in question the whole CAST's cannot be Infected by the Seed Virus thing since in the Story Chapter where you meet Maya for the first time it says, if your a cast, that your exculed from the medical tests.
Maybe Magashi is a 50/50 Cast/Human Clone. what do you guys think?

I think cast not being able to be infected was more of the casts' ego instead of fact... Also some cast seem to have very human faces, like Fullyen Curtz when he removes his mask...

Things we know or can infer are:

A) Magashi was helping the seed for some reason

B) A Photon energy isn't "new" and the Endurum Collective collected information from and then killed most of the scientists involved with research...

C) Magashi either died and came back to life or has 1 or more clones

D)A lot of the Collective became Illuminous members.

E) Magashi seems to be an important member of the orginization and meant to be a key villian with too much information At least to die for good...

F) Although people do not think PSU and PSO are connected,(and I didn't at first...) the fact that many of the "Replica" weapons resemble pso ones, there are now pso influenced missions and more pso style weapons, and the relic sites seem to be conected to the Endurum plot/replica weapons, an ancient civilization, and a "new/dream" world, there could be a bigger story arch connection then we think...

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it could be Olson, Ethan's father... (but it looks too much like Magashi)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-04-22 09:46 ]</font>

Radiata
Apr 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
I agree, in stereotypical video game fashion. They should team up in trenchcoats and form TEAM MISUNDERSTOOD.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
I don't think ANYONE from the collective became Illuminous members, remember they're human fundlementalist (whatever the heck that REALLY means) They're basically a bunch of humans who want to return to the ages of 500, or 600 years ago when humans ruled over their creations. (Ugh kinda makes it hard playing a human, what we make bio-creations stronger than us, and now we feel we're freaking weak (and ugly...damn newmans) Now we've got some sorta complex. I blame the over population of Beasts)

Anyway back on topic, i doubt Any cast especially with the bulk of the casts Ego's and mentality would join an organization that would put them in position that they would be used as common household items.

Magashii, our sometimes overglorified villain. (sp all over the place)

Is a puppet. A freakin' puppet.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 11:31 AM
I think we've been over this before. Magashi and the remnants of the Collective are doing one of two things, either:

1. They're just happy to cause a little havoc, no matter who's in charge.
2. Using the resources of the Illuminus to fulfill his own ends, now that the collective was "officially" disbanded and now doesn't have the resources of the AMF.

It's probably a little of both. I doubt, as CASTs, they really give a damn at all about Illuminus' ideologies.

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
I reckon Magashi is a Human, and that all of the CAST Magashi's we have been killing and meeting in story modes, have been "clones" of him.

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
On 2007-04-22 09:19, Radiata wrote:
They should team up in trenchcoats and form TEAM MISUNDERSTOOD.

Your post wins the internet.

Zarbolord
Apr 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
Ok, my version of this would be weird but might have a point to it. There i one character we are forgetting about : Laia. Why was she added to the story? She's there for a reason, or she wouldn't be so concerned on all of this. She has become Dallgun's Daughter in Law... Why? As her mother married Dallgun... who is her mother? What is making Laia so rough gainst Dallgun, and most importantly, I think Ethan and Laia have some obscure past we don't know about. We dunno who Ethan's mother is... no I'm not saying its the same person, but both have apparently died or disapeared. There's more into this guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zandra117
Apr 22, 2007, 01:01 PM
Laia's mother didn't marry Dallgun, Dallgun adopted Laia.

Desecration
Apr 22, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-04-21 16:53, WBMike wrote:
MAYBE he is Megashi's "Creator" or Magashi is based off of him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I think that is the most correct guess that I have herd, I agree with you.

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 02:06 PM
What I don't get is that the Illuminous is a human superiority group, and yet their ranks are filled with generic casts. Magashi, the random blue rifle dudes, the random yellow claw chicks, not a human to be found.

Well, maybe the story mode will actually start with AoI, and the first story mode was simply a prequel. After all, nothing important really happened in story mode, it just sort of told you how things worked in the universe.

Skuda
Apr 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
Who said the human fundamentalists can't use cast puppets to do their bidding? That seems pretty human fundamentalist to me. Going back to when Humans had control over the other races.

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 03:25 PM
Hm, well, if these are less evolved casts such as Lou, then that makes sense. Otherwise, cast are supposed to be as mentally advanced as the other races.