PDA

View Full Version : lol I have bad luck with subway trains.

VanHalen
Apr 21, 2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah so back in October I started going to these art lessons in Manhatthan also a little bit of their guitar lessons on Saturdays. One Saturday my mother told me before I left about trains always doing weird shit to make you switch trains. Every since she said that there has been different construction days, the train I want doesn't come to my station, and the best one of all which happened today.

I was two stops away from my stop and the train stops in a station and stops moving. The conductor says "A man has just fell out on the train and we are waiting for an abulance to come and take him. Please transfer to the A train to go to Canal Street." I go see this person who passed out he looked like he was dead. I just started laughing which may seem like I'm a heartless person but it's just funny how something always happens that delays my trip.

Anyways any kind of weird things happen to you on public transportation?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 22, 2007, 02:39 AM
Ouch, heat stroke or something more serious? Or you never found out about what happened to the guy? Probably wasn't intentional such as a suicide on the tracks though so some sympathy is preferable, yeah.

Just last semester on the way to a final some drunk guy wanted to pick a fight with me about my gloves -wanting me to take them off so he can see them, cursing me for not letting him even though I said its cold out here in the rain, not the right time to be messing around and I wanted to keep wearing my gloves. I just walked away as he screamed at me about I'm too young to take him on and all kinds of drunken stupor nonsense as he stumbled about and lost interest being distracted by other things like passing cars.

When the bus came though I had to wait up for him as he tried to help some mother get her three kids onboard. Although his heart was in the right place he probably shouldn't be grabbing up other people's kids while drunk off his ass. Worst that happened was he inadvertently knocked the poor kid's hat off as he stumbled onboard, slipping and sliding up the bus' stairs with the kid in his arms though, no biggie. I picked up the hat gave it back to the mother.

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 04:21 AM
You know, I open this thread expecting a "somebody raped me on the train" story, and I get a story about some moron who was dumb enough to FALL OFF A FUCKING SUBWAY TRAIN.

Needless to say, I was disappointed.

DonRoyale
Apr 22, 2007, 11:27 AM
Next thing you know, someone will get diabetes off clausterphobia (sp?).

The higher powers always find some excuse...XD

ShinMaruku
Apr 22, 2007, 05:28 PM
my father drives them trains. :E
Plenty people fall off trains they harldy talk of it unless you are on the train.
Being drunk or sick on a train ain't so good.

Firocket1690
Apr 22, 2007, 11:18 PM
... Ya.
NYC's A and 7 trains have been quite funky as of late. 'specially late nights on the A.

VanHalen
Apr 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
Well I'm not sure what happened to the guy after just he was out cold. I had some funny experiences on the A train Saturday. It's already bad enough every wannabe American Idol and Werido take the train but to see them fight over a newspaper that was pretty hilarious.

DikkyRay
Apr 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
You think thats bad?
Thanks to movies, i am afraid of subways (Thank you final destination3...)
But i would have died myself, laghing so hard at that Van, you are not alone

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, people really fall off trains? Man, that sounds pretty crazy man.

ShinMaruku
Apr 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
It's more common that people think. Low numbers but still too high for this whole situation

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 08:08 PM
This just in. I get on the train again Saturday(lol same transfer thing too). So when I get on the right train I fell asleep. While I was asleep a three guys dressed in Mexican Maraichi(I spelt that wrong) band clothes stand over me and start playing a guitar, accordian, and a huge bass and start singing. Why is it when ever I get on a train weird shit happens? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-03 18:08 ]</font>

opaopajr
May 3, 2007, 08:19 PM
that's so cool! i want random mariachi players serenading me on mass transit! in fact, i'd love to gather some friends and go have fun on the trains like that. we'll go dress like the cast from The Nutcracker and start performing in the aisles. who wants to be the sugar plum fairy!? oh, what the hell, we can ALL be the sugar plum fairy!

Applicants Wanted
Need: Sugar Plum Fairy
For: Brightening the lives of everyday commuters. Will supply training and music.
Bring: Any custom-made constumes, wands, and industrial supply of glitter.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 3, 2007, 08:22 PM
XD

Zorafim
May 3, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-04-22 02:21, omegapirate2k wrote:
You know, I open this thread expecting a "somebody raped me on the train" story, and I get a story about some moron who was dumb enough to FALL OFF A FUCKING SUBWAY TRAIN.

Needless to say, I was disappointed.

VanHalen
May 3, 2007, 11:45 PM
Oh you guys and your rape stories. XD

Though in all seriousness I would like my own band to follow me around sometimes.

Nani-chan
May 3, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-05-03 18:08, VanHalen wrote:
This just in. I get on the train again Saturday(lol same transfer thing too). So when I get on the right train I fell asleep. While I was asleep a three guys dressed in Mexican Maraichi(I spelt that wrong) band clothes stand over me and start playing a guitar, accordian, and a huge bass and start singing. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air.

Well, I whistled for a cab, and when it came near,
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cat was rare, But I thought Nah forget it, "Yo home to Bel Air."

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes, smell ya later."
Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there,
To fill my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

Nai_Calus
May 4, 2007, 01:54 AM
I'd tell you to learn how to drive, but if parking in New York is anything like parking in San Fransisco or LA, it wouldn't do you any good.

Actually, nevermind the parking, if the *driving* is anything like driving in SF or LA, it wouldn't do you any good.

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well I have my permit. It's only bad to drive in Manhatthan and Jamaica Avenue in Queens. Jamaica ave. is just backed up with traffic since there are so many people walking around shopping. It's hell driving through there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Weeaboolits
May 4, 2007, 03:02 PM
For some reason I came into this thread expecting to hear about these:
http://www.centralparktc.org/pictures/2004/journal/token3.jpg

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 03:09 PM
No one uses those anymore XD. Actually they all have been collected and melted down into a statue if I recall. It's all about Metrocards now. Though I wish we had that thing they do in Japan where you swipe your cell phone over a scanner. That way I won't have to put anymore money on this card.

Weeaboolits
May 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
I grew up in Muskegon, we don't have subways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

omegapirate2k
May 4, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-05-04 13:09, VanHalen wrote:
Though I wish we had that thing they do in Japan where you swipe your cell phone over a scanner.

YES LETS ALL BE LIKE JAPAN LOLOLOL

Weeaboolits
May 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-05-04 15:40, omegapirate2k wrote:

Though I wish we had that thing they do in Japan where you swipe your cell phone over a scanner.
YES LETS ALL BE LIKE JAPAN LOLOLOLJapan has mag-levs. *is jealous*

VanHalen
May 4, 2007, 09:55 PM

Dang you caught me in a weaboo moment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
May 5, 2007, 05:25 PM
Ok today was a little better I didn't have any problems on the train http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ........
You know how I said something werid happens? Well today I'm on the train about 4 stops away from where I get off and a homeless dude is on the train yelling about these people with iPods.

The people pay him no mind and walk off the train. I'm sitting way across from him and he yells to me *insert dialouge*

Guy: I scared them away. I shouldn't have been so mean to them. I should have told them about Jesus.

Me: ...

Guy: Yep what to they know about real music though with these iPods? Hey you know what R&B means?

Me: *nods yes*

Guy: It means Real Blacks *cracks up* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif .

Me: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif (really I'm kinda creeped out)

Guy: Though you probably knew that since you are black like me. Listen I'm 70 years old I have been listening to R&B for 50 years. Mary J. Bliege she's is a real singer from Harlem too! Freaking talking about Beyonce, she isn't anybody *cracks up again*

Me: *I turn to a girl on a train and we both start laughing at the guy*

Guy: Oh that's your girlfriend huh?

Me & her: *both shake our heads no. Her mother laughs*

Guy: Well let me tell you he is a nice guy. You better marry him before he gets off this train. He has this passion in his eyes he's going places. *begins to get off the train* Remember boy people are evil. I'm people too but I love Jesus *laughs*. Also women are evil. *steps off the train and the door closes. He mouths to me* EEEEEVIILLLLL!

I can't wait til next Saturday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 5, 2007, 10:01 PM
Go Jesus.

Down with Evil.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 8, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-05-04 19:55, VanHalen wrote:

Dang you caught me in a weaboo moment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Also, hey you Canadians would accept it if it worked better, no matter who made it!