PDA

View Full Version : A few conjectures regarding the AoI trailer (SPOILERS!!)

Niered
Apr 22, 2007, 01:07 AM
Alright, just got done watchin' the AoI traler for the tenth time in the last 2 days (at this point its downloaded to my HD) And Id like to make few quick theories based on it.

1. This is the most story related one. Theres alot of things being thrown around as to wether or not Ethan Waber is truly going evil or not. Well heres a quick thing to think about, the final lead up scene to the fight between him and Laia certainly seems like an endgame scenario. Burning wreckage an all that. So if by the end of the game she hasnt already realized whats really going on, why would she still be attacking him? Lose reasoning I know, just throwin' it out there.

2. We see Laia on a floader. We see Laia on a floader shoot a gun. We see Laia on a floader chasing a Dimmagolus. We later see said Dimmagolus crash to earth. What does this mean? Well, lets keep in mind that vehicles still havent been released online yet, so what if it just so happens that in AoI theres vehicle combat? That could be somethin else! Once again, weak reasoning, but not impossible.

3. This one ties together a few things of the movie. We see alot of AMF soldiers marching, a few shots of a HIVE being assaulted by a huge space fleet, and as previously stated the burning wreckage surrounding Laia and Ethan in there fight.

Theory: Since the AMF has already stated that sending in an entire fleet isnt as useful as sending in a crack team of a half dozen to deal with a single HIVE, this is probably a last ditch effort deal. Its possible that the ultimate goal of a HIVE w=once it reaches maturity is to collide with a planet, setting off possible Sochee warheads inside. If thats the case it would explain the wreckage scene and this one.

So yah, none of those are entirely strong arguements, and I wouldnt expect any of them to hold 100% true as it is only a intro movie, but just some food for thought =D

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 01:23 AM
Is it just me, or did that seem like a super hive? The AMF didn't have nearly that much trouble with the first one, and this one looked really big.

Could it be, the MOTHER HIVE?!

Niered
Apr 22, 2007, 01:29 AM
I thought about that too, it seemed a bit bigger then the others too. So it could be a "Mother hive" xD

Although, thats kinda lame it looks the same apart from size as the other HIVE's, I mean, cmon, make it more ominous and less goffy lookin'.

Criss
Apr 22, 2007, 01:30 AM
1- Laia's a beast. Maybe she's just slow. >.>
2- I do recall reading about vehicles online a while back, though it seemed to have been generally forgotten lately. Vehicle combat would be pretty neat and, actually a possible addition.
3- That HIVE seems much bigger than others, and like Zorafim said, there has to be something really bad about it for the AMF to need such an armada. But I don't think any of that goes crashing on Parum... If that was the case, there wouldn't even be remains of buildings.

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 01:36 AM
and i am assuming that Ethan will be the last boss for AoI this time around. We will probably get to see Ethan transform and an epic battle begins.

Criss
Apr 22, 2007, 01:38 AM
On 2007-04-21 23:36, BunnyGirl wrote:
aWe will probably get to see Ethan transform and an epic battle begins.

Humanblast much? XD

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 02:57 AM
Lol guys, I bet the Guardians Colony crashes into Parum, destroying it, but a bunch of people escape on various planet ships and fly around space for several generations.

Wait, nevermind, we already did that.

Zarbolord
Apr 22, 2007, 03:03 AM
New Ethan theory could be that.... wait a sec! The two ethans look different....does't one have something on his forehead? Is he controlled? Is it a clone? *goes hide under the covers*

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 03:47 AM
This thread lacks silly dark falz stipulations.

Ether
Apr 22, 2007, 04:39 AM
On 2007-04-22 01:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

If Ethan becomes the next falz this will be the greatest game ever

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 06:26 AM
On 2007-04-21 23:23, Zorafim wrote:
Is it just me, or did that seem like a super hive? The AMF didn't have nearly that much trouble with the first one, and this one looked really big.

Could it be, the MOTHER HIVE?!

Remember they've changed tactics since that first HIVE assault. Rather than beam-spamming it into oblivion and spreading A-Photons all around they now try to "capture it alive" instead. Sending in armed AMF PPT shuttles to try and infiltrate falls in line with this.

It may seem bigger due to perspective--the AMF armada appears to be surrounding this one rather than taking it down from a distance.

As for a "mother HIVE", we still don't know exactly what that spherical body from the maiden's vision at the beginning of Episode 1 and the Episode 1 & 2 opening intro was...

Sylpheed
Apr 22, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-04-22 02:39, Ether wrote:

On 2007-04-22 01:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

If Ethan becomes the next falz this will be the greatest worst game ever

WBMike
Apr 22, 2007, 12:11 PM
1. Definately don't believe this is near the end of the game. Maybe around the Middle sounds more like it cause we still have that mysterious guy who looks strikingly similar to Megashi to deal with. It seems like there will be a point in the game where Laia will realize what Ethan is doing and stop fighting him. This fighting scene might be done as self defense for Ethan since Laia came attacking him for whatever reason. Maybe because Ethan burned Razenom to get rid of some evidence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

2. Vehicle Combat. If Sega was Blizzard, I'd say Yes, but since they are not, I wouldn't really expect to see it. That scene is probably the First Area for Laia in the game.

3. I dunno that Sochee isn't really clear to me yet. It sounds more like a nuclear bomb being manufactured on a planet, most likely moatoob.

Sinue_v2
Apr 22, 2007, 12:24 PM

Ethan should NEVER become the core of a Dark Falz/Force/PD. That right is reserved for women only, and it would be completely fucking awesome if PSU was a prequel to PS/PSO and ended up with Karen Erra sacrificing herself to the darkness and becoming the core of the Profound Darkness - meaning you have to kill her in PSIV to set her soul free.

Now if Ethan were simply killed and twisted into a sort of ruse - somewhat similar to Seth... then maybe...

omegapirate2k
Apr 22, 2007, 12:36 PM
On 2007-04-22 10:24, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Ethan should NEVER become the core of a Dark Falz/Force/PD.

Uh... what about olga flow, or is that something different entirely?

Trey_Winters
Apr 22, 2007, 01:01 PM
Speaking purely on conjecture, could this HIVE actually be attacking the Colony, rather than the AMF actually attacking it? I mean, if their strategy is to take it intact, then them firing on it would go against their own mandate...unless it HAD to be destroyed to stop it from colliding with the Colony.

Which leads me to the explosion near the end of the video. Could that be the HIVE colliding with the Colony, and the Sochee detonating from within the HIVE? And, perhaps the resulting debris is that wreckage you see around Laia while engaged with Ethan?

All that aside, the lack of Fulyen Curtz in the video leaves me with a bad omen for him in the coming missions... lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trey_Winters on 2007-04-22 11:03 ]</font>

Makojin
Apr 22, 2007, 01:14 PM
Ethan should NEVER become the core of a Dark Falz/Force/PD. That right is reserved for women only,

At the end of Episode 1 Magashi became the core of Dalk Falkis, so this rule was already broken.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the fight between Laia and Ethan takes place near the end of the game... or even if it doesn't happen at all. After all, just becasue there's a scene in the opening, doesn't mean that it'll happen, perhaps just something to throw us off.

I don't think it's quite the endgame scenario though, we probably don't even know who the final boss will be or who it'll be based on.

My prediction: Lumia, without her brother around and her "boyfriend" constantly in the hospital, becomes so emo that she forms a pact with the Profound Darkness and becomes the next falz.

Okay, I'm not too terribly serious with that prediction, and it's not based on the video at all, but it's a farfetched possibility.

Sinue_v2
Apr 22, 2007, 01:28 PM
Uh... what about olga flow, or is that something different entirely?

Completely different. Flowen was a lab experiment, not the chosen of Dark Falz the way Rico was.

At the end of Episode 1 Magashi became the core of Dalk Falkis, so this rule was already broken.

Not really, because Dalk Falkis and Megashi didn't have the same relationship that Rico and Falz did. Falz was using Rico as a coporeal anchor to focus his power. Megashi wasn't this to Falkis - he was just infected, or infused, by SeeD. The only rule that Dulk Fakis breaks - is the inability for the Darkness to infect machines. Traditionally, Dark Force has always had to use organic means to control machines - weither it be physically grafted into a control panel (PSIV), manipulating humans to control the machines (PSII), or using a human host to bridge the gap between himself and the AI (Olga Flow in Ep II).

It's never even explicitly shown that the Falkis you fight at the end of the storyline mode is a combination of Falkis-Megashi. Megashi falls to his death, and then Falkis attacks. Megashi and Falkis's face don't really match up - and you fight multiple Falkis's in free missions... which seems unlikely that there is a Megashi clone in each and every one of those HIVE's to serve as the core of Falkis.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
Depends on what is meant by "core", exactly. The only real precedent I can think of is Rico, and yes, then there's Magashi. The rest were either twisted by Falz, but never Falz (or its "core") itself: La Shiec, Zio, et al. Seth was Dark Force, yes, but we never knew if he was ever just a regular guy who became corrupted before, or just a total fabrication. The Governor from PS1? In any case I don't see any evidence to support it being a "women only" thing.

Dulk Fakis of the first HIVE has Magashi's (albeit twisted) face. All subsequent Dulk Fakis have a different head. I don't believe that having a being like Magashi at the core is necessarily a requirement for the nightmare to manifest--that first one may have been a special case. If one is required, it likely doesn't have to be Magashi clone, as evidenced, again, by the different heads.

Serephim
Apr 22, 2007, 02:09 PM
Maybe Ethan is just using the "darkness" to travel between normal/seed worlds and save the universe from the impending doom of the SEEDLESS.

....no wait, did that too.

AweOfShe
Apr 22, 2007, 02:16 PM

Ethan should NEVER become the core of a Dark Falz/Force/PD. That right is reserved for women only, and it would be completely fucking awesome if PSU was a prequel to PS/PSO and ended up with Karen Erra sacrificing herself to the darkness and becoming the core of the Profound Darkness - meaning you have to kill her in PSIV to set her soul free.

What if it was Lumia? And Ethan was just thinking of ways to save her, that went against the Guardians, or something. I dunno, just a thought. >.>

Allison_W
Apr 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
If Lumia were to become the next Falz core, I would be kind of upset. Then again, it'd be better than her being completely unimportant, but I'd rather see her as a lead or at least as an important supporting cast member.

Kylie
Apr 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
The Ethan that is fighting Laia in the new intro video is obviously not the real Ethan, in my opinion. After playing the latest GUARDIAN mission, I don't believe Laia is as suspicious of Ethan anymore. Plus, he's starting to look like a good guy. I'd bet money that they made a clone of him, and it probably has to do with why and how his father died. But what do I know? I'm still on Chapter 9 of Episode I.

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
why do i have the feeling that someone is gonna die in this game. >.>

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:12, BunnyGirl wrote:

That would be a step in the right direction, yes.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:12, BunnyGirl wrote:

Probably because the PS series has a long-standing history of at least one character dying.

Ok, well, as I've said before, the mystery-man is probably a sort of Proto-Magashi (yes, I'm convinced it is a Cast).

Concerning the Ethan goes evil stuff, I very highly doubt that. If anything, it would be Laia who would be so blinded by her irrational and unfounded hatred of Ethan that she might betray the Guardians (though I find that unlikely as well). The appearance of the mystery Cast during the battle of Laia and Ethan gives me a sense that they are both pawns in the plan of said mystery Cast. In other words, their conflict is not real, but rather trumped up by the real evil force.

I'm willing to bet that this is not the ultimate conflict of the story. As others have said, the fight depicted will likely occur early on in the story, and then Ethan and Laia will reconcile their differences after realizing they are both fighting for the same thing (though Laia is with the Guardians, and Ethan is soloing like the stupid HUmar he is). Alternatively, it could result in something like Laia being killed, leading to Ethan realizing that his anger and hatred of the Illuminus has caused him to loose control. You know, something like that.

As a side note, the burning area in which they are fighting looks very much like the ruins of Rozenom City (but on fire), which has been destroyed by the time network mode of AoI takes place (assuming a similar chronological story progression, i.e. PSU offline->PSU online->AoI offline->AoI online).

As to what is going on with the HUEG HIV and the AMF dudes attacking it, that is anyone's guess. The same goes for the nature and goal of the ultimate evil force in the plot, though I must say, it would be excellent if they somehow link Dark Force/Profound Darkness to the SEED. There is so much potential to create a great story given the background of the plot-rich PS series, so I'm sure they could make some great connections and make a very nice enthralling story. However, I'm afraid they may mess it up entirely if they tried to create such a plot link, which would make me very sad.

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ethan is acting exactly like Sephiroth... an awesome soldier to begin with, then wearing a big, black coat and swinging around a huge katana looking weapon amongst flames...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:31, Thrash777 wrote:
Ethan is acting exactly like Sephiroth... an awesome soldier to begin with, then wearing a big, black coat and swinging around a huge katana looking weapon amongst flames...

Well, I've never played FFwhichevernumberSephirothisin, so I wouldn't know.

And hoping they stay away from the obvious and cliched in terms of plot.

Raven5_1
Apr 22, 2007, 06:26 PM
i have no idea why ethan is solo'in

Gemel
Apr 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:26, Raven5_1 wrote:
i have no idea why ethan is solo'in

I think his reason is because if he stuck with the Guardians he would only be able to see so much and be restricted by the rules.

I think they say the reason in the chapter that Lucaim helps you fight.

Also wasnt it said that Ethan "joined" the Illuminus just to find more information? Im not so sure if I read that part right when I got to it.

Another question, are the Illuminus a group of human fundamentalists or cast fundamentalists?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
The Illuminus is a group of Human fanaticists, wishing to destroy or subjugate all the other races.

Gemel
Apr 22, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:53, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
The Illuminus is a group of Human fanaticists, wishing to destroy or subjugate all the other races.

Ah thats what it was, I thought it was casts because dont they want to infect everything with the seed? Or am I wrong again?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 07:36 PM
They are experimenting with the SEED-virus, because they think it will allow them to create mutant monster things to help them fight off the other races.

Niered
Apr 22, 2007, 09:42 PM
If AoI really wanted to pull the biggest anime cliche in history, theyd simply make Dallgun evil.

"OHEMGEE, the person in charge is really the bad guy? NO WAI." Thats only been pulled in Fullmetal, R.O.D., Appleseed, Burst Angel, Grandia II, Viewtiful Joe, and god only knows how many other things.

For this, heads would roll. Luckily I dont see the storyline taking that turn.

Kupi
Apr 22, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-04-22 19:42, Niered wrote:
If AoI really wanted to pull the biggest anime cliche in history, theyd simply make Dallgun evil.

"OHEMGEE, the person in charge is really the bad guy? NO WAI." Thats only been pulled in Fullmetal, R.O.D., Appleseed, Burst Angel, Grandia II, Viewtiful Joe, and god only knows how many other things.

For this, heads would roll. Luckily I dont see the storyline taking that turn.

You sure about that? Ethan did try to kill Dallgun, and given how willing he was to give up information about the Illuminus and what they're planning, he doesn't seem to be on their side (not completely, at least). I wouldn't be surprised if the head of the Guardians Colony (which seems to be the one place in all Gurhal with a higher concentration of humans than anything else) had ties to the Illuminus. If they've got ties to the single most ubiquitous weapons manufacturing corporation, nothing's beyond their grasp...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 10:42 PM
The whole "Ethan tried to kill Dallgun" thing isn't exactly clear at this point. As far as we know, it was a flase story trumped up by the Illuminus to arouse suspicion concerning Ethan.

Umberger
Apr 22, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-04-22 20:35, Kupi wrote:

...given how willing he was to give up information about the Illuminus and what they're planning, he doesn't seem to be on their side (not completely, at least)...

In another cliche, the bad guys always tell the good guys their plans...usually followed by a "but there's nothing you can do to stop us/me (insert sinister laugh)".

Parn
Apr 22, 2007, 10:45 PM
Considering that Lucaim Nav says that the President still trusts Ethan, I'd wager that the whole "Ethan tried to murder the President" thing didn't happen at all.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 10:47 PM
On Parum, humans outnumber CASTs significantly, although it's the CASTs that are actually in power. I don't recall the numbers off hand, but I do believe the ratio was 10 humans per 1 CAST. Lou (could have been someone else?) also gave a comment that Dallgun "rejects the Illuminus philosophy completely," but, I suppose that could be a front. Laia, a beast, is his adopted daughter.

Personally, I think the "assassination attempt" was over something Dallgun kept from Ethan about his father, given his mention in chapter 5.

There's just way too much working against a dumb twist like that. If it was pulled, heads would definitely roll, though.

Arika
Apr 22, 2007, 10:47 PM
well ,There are 2 Ethan. 1 is the real good one, 1 is the bad ass clone from Illuminus

Niered
Apr 22, 2007, 11:00 PM
The clone theory is a LIE. Straight up.

IF I had my say in the story, roughly what SHOULD happen (but wont, because knowing the japanese they cant take the protagonist and make him TRULY evil in a sequel) I would have Ethan go evil. Make him take on the AMF with his own little troop o' rouges and Illumines, and usher in a devestating wave of death with the sochee.

I would then have Dallgun rally all the Gaurdians as a last stand against Ethan, and somewhere somehow explain all those little loose ends that need be explored in the story line, (Dallgun's assasination attempt, Olson Waber, etc.)

But like I said, this wont happen because Japanese story writers wont allow it, and ontop of that the current online quests dont exactly leadd up to it that way.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 23, 2007, 12:06 AM
Ethan going evil for real would be stupid and exceedingly cliche in my opinion.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-04-22 20:45, Parn wrote:
Considering that Lucaim Nav says that the President still trusts Ethan, I'd wager that the whole "Ethan tried to murder the President" thing didn't happen at all.

I agree, undercover much?

Alisha
Apr 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
i think that fight may actually occur early in the game maybee even at the end of the first tutorial mission wich would explain why laia appears to be alone. wich could then lead into laia recapping events.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
I bet that Ethan joined either the Rogues or "joined" Illuminas (as an undercover operative or just went independant, and then went undercover to join Illuminas to gather information etc to eventually bring them down. Ethan does not seem the type to easily turn "bad" so suddenly. Something terrible would have to have happened for Ethan to *truly* turn completely against the Guardians...

Something like if Ethan learned someone very high up in Guardians (like Dalgun?) murdered Olsen Waber and/or directly did something to kill Mrs. Waber (his mother) or both ( that is one possiblity)
and its was made to look like Olsen died in a mission, and/or made it look like Mrs Waber got deathly ill and then died (it's never made clear exactly *what* she died of...unless I miss that bit of info somewhere)

Laia is probably ordered to apprehend Ethan, as a cover so that Illuminas thinks Ethan really has betrayed the Guardians. Laia may not of been told that the "assassination attempt" was completely bogus.(if it was.. Which I think it was fake.)

While Laia thinks Ethan really "did betray the Guardians" and she may think that Ethan "really did try to kill the President"
(which because the Pres. is her "father" that adopted her, she be really PO'd and wants to take Ethan for just attempting to assasinate her father...)

drizzle
Apr 23, 2007, 04:31 AM
Ethan hasn't turned bad; after the latest online story mission it appears that Karen wants to escape the CoG, and Ethan is trying to help her. Only you (the player) and Laia keep getting in the way =P

Raven5_1
Apr 23, 2007, 04:40 AM
Laia is the reason i dont play online story mode.

Skuda
Apr 23, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-04-22 22:42, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I bet that Ethan joined either the Rogues or "joined" Illuminus...

Ethan is already "with" the rogues. They help each other out. Alfort Tylor was also given a full pardon for all the things he had done (given by president dalgun at the end of story mode).

As for joining the illuminus.. he was already given an invitation to join, but he refused it.

Zarbolord
Apr 23, 2007, 05:35 AM
Ethan might be Laia's brother http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif duhduhduh!!!!!!!!!! *shock*
Who's partner card we will never get is probably a character with too much importance or one that'll die. Still haven't got Nav's card.... I fear that the guy will get killed.

Alis-Landeel
Apr 23, 2007, 06:04 AM
Too good that is the Sonic Team to write the plot and not you.

Kufell
Apr 23, 2007, 08:46 AM
Episode 2 just seems to be making everyone look suspicious, first we got GRM, then the Communian of Gurhal, whats next? A conspiracy at Gawiks Pub?
I do get the feeling though that a conspiracy on Moatoob will get revealed, which would leave all three planets in question. But it ocasionally turns out to be the one you trust most who turns on you in these scenarios.. Which leaves us with the Guardians Colony.

Obel Dallguns theme also kinda makes me suspect him of involvement, it starts off cheery then gets somewhat darker feeling. But thats just me.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if the Guardians where involved in some form of conspiracy with Illuminus, and/or Endrum Collective regarding SEED or universal domination. Or perhaps that there is some third party that wants to achive supreme controll over Gurhal (like SEELE in Neon Genesis Evangelion) and maniupulates everyone, but Ethan uncovered it. So guys decided to silence him (kill him) before he's able to spill somethin' but they fail and fabricate assasination attempt on Delgun to alienate public from Ethan and that Guardins would have reason lock him up or kill him. But he obviously resists and in AoI may persuade others (mainly Laia) on his side and we would have total showdown.... but it's just my personal theory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

WBMike
Apr 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-04-22 22:42, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Laia is probably ordered to apprehend Ethan, as a cover so that Illuminas thinks Ethan really has betrayed the Guardians. Laia may not of been told that the "assassination attempt" was completely bogus.(if it was.. Which I think it was fake.)

This is exactly what I'm leaning on, so that just leaves Obell Dallgun, a part of his past he's trying to get rid of is finally catching up to him, and now its out of control for him to get rid of. The president was really fishy offline, and Laia is gonna be bawling this season, once she finds out her true parents http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

DemonCloak
Apr 24, 2007, 10:46 PM
It seemed to me that they tried to pack as much action into the trailer as possible in order for it to generate lots of hype. For that reason, I'm guessing the scene of the AMF assault on hive, probably won't happen, or is just another version of the one that happened in episode 1.

SabZero
Apr 25, 2007, 04:31 AM
Hm, but the GUARDIANS are left completely out of the whole SEED research thing, which after all, isn't illegal, because the three planets agreed to it. They just didn't bother telling the GUARDIANS (I bet they'd have disagreed).

I think Ethan would desperately try to avoid a new war, especially with the super bombs now existing...

And Laia isn't slow. Stubborn perhaps. But I think she is smarter than she lets us on.

Traize
Apr 25, 2007, 07:17 AM
I doubt very much Ethan is going to turn evil, infact, I believe 100% that thats not going to happen, from Story Mode it just seems far too different to the facts, plus, take single player, Ethan isn't a bad guy, thats all there is to it.

I'm interested to see where his father comes into it though, in one of the later online missions, Luciam Nav asks Ethan if it has anything to do with his father & it all gets a bit tense...

I loved the scene of the AMF guys, very Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig, very cool.

Allison_W
Apr 25, 2007, 08:54 AM
On 2007-04-25 02:31, SabZero wrote:
Hm, but the GUARDIANS are left completely out of the whole SEED research thing, which after all, isn't illegal, because the three planets agreed to it. They just didn't bother telling the GUARDIANS (I bet they'd have disagreed).

I think Ethan would desperately try to avoid a new war, especially with the super bombs now existing...

And Laia isn't slow. Stubborn perhaps. But I think she is smarter than she lets us on.

I get the impression she may be something of a high-Int, low-Wis type. She's not entirely getting what's going on, but Lou did admit she catches on quickly for a fleshie, so you can tell she's got something functioning properly upstairs.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 25, 2007, 09:28 AM
The fact that intersests me is that Ethan shown on beginning is somehow different than one shown fighting with Laia.
So...
A) It's due to difernet lightning effects in first scene and second (where Ethan and Laia fight) that Ethan looks different
B) The second guy isn't Ethan... the name was used to cause chaos...
Let me explain:
If humans had enought knowledge to create Beasts and Newmans (which were genetically created by Humans) then they would have enough knowledge to create their own clones... It's simple logic.
On other hand we had never seen Olson Waber.... so it MAY be possibility that Ethan is a clone of..... his father(insert dramatic music here). I'm not talking about clone that is in 100% similar to original but looks similar (i.e different hair color, skin, eyes) but have essentialy the same DNA basis.... only the clone has it's DNA "mixed" with other DNA or it was modified... that would explain why they (clone & original) look similar but aren't looking the same...
Of course Ethan may not be aware of this... while his memories of father could be fabricated (due to some form of brainwashing ect.) or he simply doesn't remember him that well....
So guy which fights Laia can be Olson.
But thats purely theorectical.

Wolfgate
Apr 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
I don't know about all these ideas of there being 2 ethans. The video doesn't seem to show much to think so if you ask me.

As crimsom wolf said, the lighting is different in each scene, the first being a pale blue for a soften sadden mood, and the latter being a firey red, more of an intense anger/action. I think its really due to that.

Plus, the first scene with ethan seems to, to me, take place perhaps in the first chapter when it all began, or even right after the end of the offline mode, somewhere when Ethan decides to leave the guardians perhaps, giving reason to why he's hidden in the hood, walking slowly amongst fast moving people. Not to mention he's wearing his old uniform

The later scene, he's already been on his new journey it seems, he's probably found out things he didn't want to really know, he's grown more. He just seems to have a look of concern to me, more than being evil. So I don't know. I think its the same ethan, just after a change of course in his life.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
You may be right Wolgate... It may be simply change in Ethans character and the thing that I wrote in A option (lightning effects)

There is also matter of "mystery man" that appears shortly after scene in which Ethan and Laia stand with their
wepons drawn. He looks like Magashi...
But on the other side he have these human eyes... and their are totaly different from ones that Magashi had (these once are pale yellow while Magashis were white with bit of red glow.) So perhaps the guy is Magashis creator... and made Magashi look like him. He may be leader of Illuminus... (as game title is "Ambition of Illuminus") or even Endrum Harness... if I was leader of Endrum Collective I'm sure I wouldn't finish my career with "official" end of Collective.
There were even theories that guy is Olson Waber... But this time I don't think so, they're simply too different to be related.
Whoever he is though I have a feeling that guy will have major place in storyline....

As for all theories that link Ethan's behavior in online story mode and what we seen in AoI trailer to death of Olson Waber... There may be some thruth in it. After all Olson is touchy subject for Ethan. If Guardians (or someone within their ranks) helped in demise of Olson Waber I'm certain that Ethan would want avenge him... let's say by killing president...
But it all can be trumped up by Guardians themselves to get Ethan into Illuminus as undercover agent...
Basiclly until more movies (or details of story) are realesed we can only speculate...

DemonCloak
Apr 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
I bet a Lou bot transforms into a new Magashi every time Magashi dies. (If that comes true I'll quite psu).

CrimsomWolf
Apr 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
Magashi: Ethan... what did Dellgun said to you about Lou's death???

Ethan(screams): You murdered her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magashi(evil laugh to be inserted here): No Ethan... I AM Lou (transforms into Lou Imperial March is being played.)

Ethan: NO!!!!!!!!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou/Magashi: Ethan... search your feelings... You know that it's true....

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-04-25 12:01, DemonCloak wrote:
(If that comes true I'll quite psu).

Quite

But in all seriousness, that would be a loltastic idea XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-04-25 12:15 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 25, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-04-22 11:35, A2K wrote:
Depends on what is meant by "core", exactly. The only real precedent I can think of is Rico, and yes, then there's Magashi. The rest were either twisted by Falz, but never Falz (or its "core") itself: La Shiec, Zio, et al. Seth was Dark Force, yes, but we never knew if he was ever just a regular guy who became corrupted before, or just a total fabrication. The Governor from PS1? In any case I don't see any evidence to support it being a "women only" thing.

Dulk Fakis of the first HIVE has Magashi's (albeit twisted) face. All subsequent Dulk Fakis have a different head. I don't believe that having a being like Magashi at the core is necessarily a requirement for the nightmare to manifest--that first one may have been a special case. If one is required, it likely doesn't have to be Magashi clone, as evidenced, again, by the different heads.I would very much like to see a comparison picture of the different faces.