PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: GM's, do they play?

jayster
Apr 22, 2007, 09:00 AM
Iv never seen a GM running around besides when they had to on official events. Do GM's play this game or do they have other accounts like us without blue names that they play on? Also I thought it was GM's job to run around and help us.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 09:06 AM
Apparently the GMs (for all platforms) spend most of their time reviewing the cheating reports that are sent in, as well as appearing for special events. Some might have regular accounts I suppose, but we'd never know.

A regular GM presence would probably go a long way in easing the minds of many, but I honestly don't think Sega and Sonic Team has the time or manpower to support that.

Rashiid
Apr 22, 2007, 09:07 AM
they had to get Lv 30 sumhow....(that was ones lvl during the St. Pattys Day event)

Sekani
Apr 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
On 2007-04-22 07:07, Rashiid wrote:
they had to get Lv 30 sumhow....(that was ones lvl during the St. Pattys Day event)

All GMs have hacker powers server advantage, duh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-04-22 07:14 ]</font>

Tahldon
Apr 22, 2007, 10:17 AM
I'm quite sure that anyone who knows me knows that I've been searching for a GM for a good while now in need of a rather big favor. I have a buddy who can give me leads, but it seems like the GMs never sign in so they're hard to find.

In a way.. I feel like I'm RAPPY hunting most of the time trying to find them. It's a shame, but I'm quite sure that they don't have the manpower or the time like it was said to play the hours we do. For those of you whom are not in the "know" Servers suck bawls. Biggest headache you could ever have to put up with. Nevertheless, I still would like to see them around other than on GM events.

I'm not really an intruding person; thus, I don't like stopping them in the middle of their event to do -me- a favor. Just kind of seems rude, you know? But I've been wondering this also.. if they play on a regular basis.

jayster
Apr 22, 2007, 10:38 AM
Itd probably be better to ask this on official forums bc I am pretty sure they post there, but some reason I can't log in on that site, it logs me out everytime I go to message boards.

Personally I would be much happier if I saw gm's running around on a daily basis, maybe then I would be able to get some long wanted answers. And God knows, maybe even less spam and idiots everywhere.

MayLee
Apr 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
Don't think they do. I think they just go around looking for problems to fix. Would be cool if one entered your game...>.>

But I did hear that if you find one, you get a poopy ass rappy feather..

GIB JAO DELMA!! >=(

Rashiid
Apr 22, 2007, 11:15 AM
Private Servers perhaps?

not too sure, but i know they do, because they're not always Lv 1

Tahldon
Apr 22, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-04-22 08:38, jayster wrote:
Itd probably be better to ask this on official forums bc I am pretty sure they post there, but some reason I can't log in on that site, it logs me out everytime I go to message boards.

Personally I would be much happier if I saw gm's running around on a daily basis, maybe then I would be able to get some long wanted answers. And God knows, maybe even less spam and idiots everywhere.

That said.. there are more spammers and idiots than there are GMs. They'd be overtasked.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
You'd actually be more likely to get any answer at all by contacting them directly with the official site form (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php) than by any other means. There's a lot to wade through on forums...

jayster
Apr 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-04-22 11:38, A2K wrote:
You'd actually be more likely to get any answer at all by contacting them directly with the official site form (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php) than by any other means. There's a lot to wade through on forums...

Last time I did something like that I got an email back telling me how to set up my dreamcast...

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
if i were the GM i would enter other people's game and play with them. I will hear what the gamers have to complain and maybe help fixed the problems. I will be one of those GM that has a really high level...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif To bad i am not a GM.
I am sure the GM plays a little of the game...just a little...from what i see i dont think they are putting too much effort in helping the community of PSU.

StanleyPain
Apr 22, 2007, 02:18 PM
It's doubtful that ALL of the GMs actually play. Undoubtedly they are encouraged to do so if PSU's tech support is anything like most company's tech support, but I would guess many of the GM accounts are given equipment and artificially raised to a certain level.
In PSO's early days, there were a lot of GM players, but many of them admitted to having artificially raised stats so they could wander the different difficulties freely. I'm guessing there simply aren't very many GM players (or even Sega-hired players) simply because the cheating problems are so minor in PSU. On PSO there were a lot of issues GMs helped with and they were generally cool until the massive hacking outbreaks. After that, they ceased being so visible and basically spend their time catching users who were nerfing other people's games with BOD attacks and hacked items that "killed" characters permanently. I also don't think GMs wanted to reveal themselves on PSO for fear of getting a lot of crap for the cheating problems.

Anyway..PSU is so different I'd imagine there are much fewer Sega players, and the GMs that appear at events are most likely not real players...just people with created, high-level characters who say hi to people and don't do much else.

Ravennittes
Apr 22, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-04-22 12:18, StanleyPain wrote:
I'm guessing there simply aren't very many GM players (or even Sega-hired players) simply because the cheating problems are so minor in PSU.

Yup, we don't complain about cheating much on the 360. We just complain about the lack of (A-grinder boards) stuff.

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 04:03 PM
I've seen a few GMs floating about. One was in Agata Islands, Lv1 CAST, he was red, short, and looked like a box. His name was Agata Islands, and his ID# was something like 30000007. When my party asked if he was a GM, he said he wasn't allowed to say, and immediately disappeared...

zandra117
Apr 22, 2007, 05:33 PM
I have the GMs gamertags, they are hard to track because they hide their online status alot. You can track their gamertag status at xbox.com even if they hide their status though. From what I have noticed, they play twice a week early in the morning on white name characters.

I think they use the same characters almost all the time and they can change their name color when they want. GM# 1 (I cant remember his name right now) recently leveled up his character from the last event to level 31.

Both GMs also play chromehounds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-04-22 15:39 ]</font>

Nobo
Apr 22, 2007, 06:45 PM
How can a game master be a master if they dont really play like us. I think Im more of a game master than them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
I Think they probably lvled while servers were down, and only get on during GM events thats the only time i've seen em.

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-04-22 15:33, zandra117 wrote:
I have the GMs gamertags, they are hard to track because they hide their online status alot. You can track their gamertag status at xbox.com even if they hide their status though. From what I have noticed, they play twice a week early in the morning on white name characters.

I think they use the same characters almost all the time and they can change their name color when they want. GM# 1 (I cant remember his name right now) recently leveled up his character from the last event to level 31.

Both GMs also play chromehounds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-04-22 15:39 ]</font>

What are you some kind of stalker lol, jk..