PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Opinions on PvP in PSU...

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
Are you glad it's not included, are you annoyed is not in, or could you care less?

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 04:39 PM
I'm glad it's not included, as then the game can focus on co-op play, and people are less competitive and tend to be nicer.

Also, to design a PvP system for PSU would be very tricky to balance and get right (ie. look at PSO's PvP...)

Nobo
Apr 22, 2007, 04:40 PM
They should bring back battle mode so you can beat up your friends and prove that your not a n00b.

VanHalen
Apr 22, 2007, 04:42 PM
If there is I'd do it with friends.

urafatrodent
Apr 22, 2007, 04:42 PM
I peronally don't care. I have never found PvP in these MMO's to be anything but a battle of opportunities. -_-

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
I agree that it should not be included.

When Battle mode was unlocked on PSOBB, the quality of the community at large took a nosedive, with tons of people running around bragging about how they used their broken character with hacked equipment to win an imbalanced fight against some newbie that just started playing and had no idea what was going on. Then there were the normally nice people who went battle-mad all of the sudden, and disregarded almost everything else for the sake of beating some nub with hacked equipment by using only legat stuff, as a sort of ubar-legat epeen crusade (I'm looking at you, Ruby).

In short:

1. It would be imbalanced.
2. It would suck.
3. It would be very bad for the community.
4. No.

Kinfante
Apr 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
It's FUN!!!!

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
i dont care if it is added or not because i am not in favor of beating on another person's character. If they do add it i will probably wont be there anyway. Reason i quitted Guild Wars cause it is base more on PvP than PvE. I dont like the feeling of having another person trying to beat my character...i am scare of that.. >.>

Umberger
Apr 22, 2007, 04:47 PM
PSU's PvP seems like it'd just be a "who gets the first hit" deal.

If a Hunter gets near you and spams PAs...you're screwed.
If a Ranger starts rifling you before you can even get near him...you're screwed.
If a Force can get off the right techs before you get nea them...you're screwed.

Not to mention that Killer Shot and Megid would be awful.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 22, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:43, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I agree that it should not be included.

When Battle mode was unlocked on PSOBB, the quality of the community at large took a nosedive, with tons of people running around bragging about how they used their broken character with hacked equipment to win an imbalanced fight against some newbie that just started playing and had no idea what was going on. Then there were the normally nice people who went battle-mad all of the sudden, and disregarded almost everything else for the sake of beating some nub with hacked equipment by using only legat stuff, as a sort of ubar-legat epeen crusade.

In short:

1. It would be imbalanced.
2. It would suck.
3. It would be very bad for the community.
4. No.

QFT

Angelo
Apr 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think it's cute how the people that don't like PvP are always touting about how it will harm the 'community'.

Kind've similar to the way the American government uses 'security' from terrorism as a scapegoat.

Same tactics.

It doesn't matter what we think, it will be implimented eventually. The main userbase is japanese, and the japanese love PvP and battle mode. It's really only a matter of time/resources.

If you don't want to play it, just don't play it. It's like telling a grocery store to not sell oranges because you don't like the taste of oranges. Other people do, just don't buy them, shit it's not that hard.

Another day, another PvP thread.

Kylie
Apr 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
I don't really care. Though I might play a few PVP games for fun, I wouldn't be devastated if such a feature was never put on PSU or its expansion. In the end, I doubt it would affect me anyways.

TorterraEndor
Apr 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:54, Angelo wrote:
I think it's cute how the people that don't like PvP are always touting about how it will harm the 'community'.

Kind've similar to the way the American government uses 'security' from terrorism as a scapegoat.

I lol'd

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-04-22 14:58, TorterraEndor wrote:

On 2007-04-22 14:54, Angelo wrote:

I lol'd

So did I, because it simply isn't true.

Retehi
Apr 22, 2007, 05:03 PM
Oh god, why this again?

Shaidar
Apr 22, 2007, 05:09 PM
Oh jeez. Another "Do you want to pvp thread"? To make it short but sweet (tired of repeating myself) I'd very much like to see some kind of PvP in PSU. Not enforced PvP, rather some kind of arena/PvP area where you could meet people and have fun. In case the balance turns out to be heavily flawed, nerfs and other "rules" could be applied to PvP alone, like for example Ragnarok which has a different set of rules for it's PvP wars. That way any rebalancing needed for PvP wouldn't ruin the PvM.

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
I didn't create this topic FOR PvP... I want to know what the % of people's opinions are, for and against PvP...

Retehi
Apr 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-04-22 15:22, Thrash777 wrote:
I didn't create this topic FOR PvP... I want to know what the % of people's opinions are, for and against PvP...

Same garbage, different lyrics.

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/pvp.jpg

natewifi
Apr 22, 2007, 05:48 PM
Lol, okay even im getting annoyed with all the P v P post's(mostly because of the expected bitching about P v P posts), and im like, the president of the yes P v P club (not really). But dont try to make it look like there is only P v P topics 24/7, and not show all the pointless AoI threads n' all that other b/s.

Stop trying to prevent people from asking questions about P v P, that's not really fair. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-22 15:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-22 15:56 ]</font>

Thrash777
Apr 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-04-22 15:30, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-04-22 15:22, Thrash777 wrote:

Same garbage, different lyrics.

Yeah, well, I'm with you there.
Check out this old topic of mine:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127402&forum=11

See the difference now?

Gryffin
Apr 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
Hey, give me a PVP Colosseum and I'm happy.

Give me anywhere PVP 'ZOMG DUEL NAOW' and Im pissed.

Give me either, before Capture the Flag, and I'm gonna freakin' burn something down.

Calamity
Apr 22, 2007, 09:41 PM
hey look i'm on that list of posts =) but i dont think it would change the gameplay that much because if u dont wanna battle u jus wont so it really wouldnt matter to me but i wuld like to be able to battle people in the game

Gemel
Apr 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
I want PvP in PSU because sometimes its fun beating the crud out of your friends and other bystanders.

If you dont want me to kill you (or you kill me) then dont do PvP xD.

Eleina
Apr 23, 2007, 08:25 AM
I just wanna kill things!!!!!! (and then drink beer...)

Kufell
Apr 23, 2007, 09:25 AM
I cant see PvP working.
Personally myself I'd rather a mission that splits every member into a seperate rooms where you'd have to fight spawn after spawn until only one member remains standing.

Natrokos
Apr 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-04-22 14:40, Nobo wrote:
They should bring back battle mode so you can beat up your friends and prove that your not a n00b.

What I like about friends is not having to prove a thing to them.

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 10:03 AM
Want PvP? Halo 2.

so, no.

Fleur-de-Lis
Apr 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
I enjoy a good MMOPVP, but this game is not built for it, IMO, and will likely never include it. There's plenty of other good PVP games that I don't think I'm missing anything.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-04-23 07:45, Natrokos wrote:

On 2007-04-22 14:40, Nobo wrote:

What I like about friends is not having to prove a thing to them.

QFT

And actually, on the 360 broken equipment really wouldn't be too much of a problem, wear a neutral armor and suddenly all elemental %'s will mean nothing.

Still, I could care less whether there was PvP in this game.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
I think that PvP could be fun, but only with the Delsaber! http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Smilies/criticize.gif

Sekani
Apr 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-04-23 08:03, Rashiid wrote:
Want PvP? Halo 2.

so, no.

People who keep using this retort are absolute failures, but the point should be that there are other games that do PvP well (World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Guild Wars) because they're designed more or less with PvP in mind from the beginning.

I honestly don't see how PvP could be added satisfactorily without a damned-near complete overhaul of the game mechanics. Otherwise only wannabe-PKers like Cherry will care.

El_Lapucha
Apr 23, 2007, 02:53 PM
I loved PvP on PSO it was fun and added alot of flavor all the time for a dying game. Not all battlers were snobs.It was fun, rules & F1

If you don't like it don't play it, simple..

Garroway
Apr 23, 2007, 04:07 PM
Why do we keep dragging this tired old subject out of its musty coffin. Most of the people here can't handle any kind of competition periode. Most of the members of this forum act as if they're community minded altruists concerned about the welfare of some sort of communal Epeen. The cold reality however seems to be a deeply seated fear that the size of their own personnal Epeen may be called into question based on their ability to perform well against other players. One could argue of course that if they were truly secure in their own ego then denying a duel would have no affect on their opinion of self worth. We know of course that this isn't the case without even bringing an issue like PvP into the equation. The real issue here is that many of you would feel compelled to participate despite your general disdain of the concept (afterall, someone you do not like, or care about, may question the size of your Epeen.) and you aren't ready for the possible reprecussions that a loss might bring (ie, Epeen shrinkage).

I typed Epeen to much and now it sounds weird.