PDA

View Full Version : The Last Weapon Slot... Design Your Own

Kimil
Apr 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
Somethign has been bugging me about the Weapon types in this picture:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/Illumines03.jpg

Notice... at the very bottom right there is a space open? Could sega be holding back a new weapon type from us? Or is there simply nothing in that space?.

Most likely the later... so here's what this topic is about; create your own weapon type to put in that slot.
Melee, Ranged, TECH or a mix of them: it doesn't matter. Just brainstorm and see what we can come up with.

Why do this? Notice people were writting on this board about wanting Whips, left hand casting weps and Slicers, Rabol in PSU... Look what they pu into PSU AoI. this is really a tiny hope that sega will see what we write and consider it ( not likely ).

WEAPON IDEA:

Name: Seals/Arcane
Type: TECH
Hands: Two
Discription:
A glove casting weapon: one for each hand.
Can hold up to 2 TECHs. Why only two?

This weapon would have the option to cast the two techs at the same time ( 1 slot ), or cast them seperatively ( 2 slots ). Also bringing back an idea from PSO4, the fourth slot would be for a special attack that merges the two techs to create a new tech if they were compatible.

The individual casting options would work like any wand cast with the same speed. The double cast option would cost the average PP of the two techs but would be as slow as a Rod cast. And the Merge option, when availble, would cost 4 times the average PP of the two techs and would take twice as long as the double cast. But the merge tech would be a new tech, Ultimate tech.

Ex:
button 1 : Digaz
button 2 : Rentis
button 3 : Digaz+Rentis
button 4 : Rengaz ( merge spell ) <- Self-effecting only: Creates 6 rings that bounce any damage that hits the caster back to the enemy until the 6 rings are gone.

Ex2:
button 1 : Foie
button 2 : Diga
button 3 : Foie+Diga
button 4 : unavaible, no merge TECH with this combo

Stats:
This wep would have lower TP and PP than the rod but more than the Wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-22 16:07 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Apr 22, 2007, 06:08 PM
I know what it' gunns be! The RELIC GUN!

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:10 PM
Hmmmmmm, I'll continue on with your idea, but i want my things to be shaped like kiakamis that can handle 4 wand like sticks, you pick what spell you want and both hands will shoot the spell, so like 8 digas at once, yeah thats sounds like ownage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RJBeAsTs on 2007-04-22 16:12 ]</font>

natewifi
Apr 22, 2007, 06:17 PM
A vehicele or something that can be used outside of story, like the ghost from Halo 2, but nah that would be way broken and cheap unless it was really REALLY weak, like Amore Rose weak (anything is possible though).

Or maybe a doo doo cannon, its a two hande weapon where your character holds their buttcheeks apart and fires.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-04-22 16:23 ]</font>

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:17, natewifi wrote:
A vehicele or something that can be used outside of story, like the ghost from Halo 2, but nah that would be way broken and cheap unless it was really REALLY weak, like Amore Rose weak (anything is possible though).

There is some controversy about sega already coming out with customizable vechiles for PSU, but good idea though, also suposively humans were supposed to get airboards as their "nanoblast"

Chuck_Norris
Apr 22, 2007, 06:26 PM
Name: twin axe
Type: strike
Discription: two axes in each hand, smaller then the normal axe.

just a idea i had.

Umberger
Apr 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
I would like to see a (Fortetecher and/or Wartecher exclusive) combat rod that could use 3 techs and attack. Lower PP/TP than rod, higher than wand...even just one tech would be fine.

natewifi
Apr 22, 2007, 06:31 PM
A sword that does technics instead of PA (aka Elysion).

Ravennittes
Apr 22, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:29, Umberger wrote:
I would like to see a (Fortetecher and/or Wartecher exclusive) combat rod that could use 3 techs and attack. Lower PP/TP than rod, higher than wand...even just one tech would be fine.

The A-rank rods look deadly if ya were to shove it up the monster's ass. It's sharp and scythy.

Gryffin
Apr 22, 2007, 07:10 PM
I think it's gonna be a two handed gun, of some kind. That way, the Handgun will be pushed down onto the shadoog, and the shadoog will fall into the tech row, where it (sorta..) belongs. Although, with the slicer, the whole thing is thrown out of whack. They need to expand it, re organize it, and add lotsa weapons. Here are a few weapons I think would be pretty Hawt.

Idea's for the weapon...?

(The charts for the PA's are for the elemental PA's only, not for anyones idea of ult PA's.)

Windmill Shuriken (Two-handed Ranged weapon)

A shuriken carried by the center, it is thrown lightly in front of the user and returns. It's PA's are elemental, but as they level, they level, different effects come into play.
Lvl 1-10: Thrown from the left, flies from the front in the range of a mechgun or so, and returns.
Lvl 11-20: The shuriken emits an aura of the element of the bullet, mainly just for show. (Status effect 2)
Lvl 21-30: The shuriken develops a knockback, minor, but still there.
Lvl 31-40: Nothing major. (Status effect 3)

Dual Mechguns (Two handed Ranged weapon)

The rebirth of the PSO mechs, but with the new shooting style. Used in the same fashion as the mechs, you hold, they shoot. But TWICE the PP, or more. The firing rate is a bit slower, and the power is a bit lower as well. The PA's are the same, just elements.
Lvl 1-10: Status Effect 1
Lvl 11-20: +10% Accuracy
Lvl 21-30: Status Effect 2
Lvl 31-40: +5% Accuracy

Scythe (Two handed Melee/Tech weapon)

This is an odd weapon, but would be IDEAL for WTs. Think of it as a melee staff. The trigger activates an area where 2 spells can be placed. More so, since this is a MELEE weapon, and people such as regular hunters, and possibly non-techer classes could use it, it also has a PA.
Attack-
1st: Just a simple horizontal swing from the left
2nd: The swing is flipped backwards and then swung upward.
3rd: The scythe is spun on the users hand hitting up to 2 enemies.
Reaper Slice-
Lvl 1-10: The scythe is swung horizontally from the right, hitting up to 3 enemies, and then swung vertically into the ground.
Lvl 11-20: The scythe is ripped quickly out from the ground and the wielder spins slashing up to 5 enemies around them.
Lvl 21-30: The user continues spinning, and then lets go of the scythe, the user regains them self as the scythe spins twice around them, hitting up to 5 enemies on each spin. As the user grabs the scythe they do a bit of a battle pose, rendering them defenseless for about a second.
Lvl 31-40: Nothing other than power gains.
(That's only one, what can others think of?)

Shield (One handed Melee/Ranged weapon)

Only slightly ranged, as in the last hit of the regular attack, and some PA's. This weapon is an odd one, when equipped, it not only contributes to ATP, but to DFP. A simple design can hide a powerful attack.
Attack-
1st: The shield is smashed forward in a quick motion.
2nd: The user slashes the with the side of the shield from the left.
3rd: The user spins towards the right and after spinning, throws the sheild, hitting up to 3 enemies. It returns and does the same damage on the way back.
Sheild Slugger:
Lvl 1-10: The shield is smashed forward twice, very quickly, with stun on the second hit.
Lvl 11-20: The shield is thrown upwards knocking enemies up, the user jumps up, lashes the enemy, grabs the shield, and launches down to hit the enemy who just hit the ground.
(More idea's are welcome<3)

Im sure I'll think of a few more weapons later, I'll post'em later <3

Gemel
Apr 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
Katana maybe?

Like in PSO where it was its own weapon type and didnt attack like a saber.

A2K
Apr 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
They could conceivably make the box bigger and add more rows, should the need arise.

Kimil
Apr 22, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-04-22 17:39, A2K wrote:
They could conceivably make the box bigger and add more rows, should the need arise.

I know, just ' the last slot ' makes for a more draatic title http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Apr 22, 2007, 07:40 PM
It should be a Technic Scarf. Be a big scarf like Shinobi's that you can attack with and all that jazz..

Or perhaps those foot things. You guys know what I'm talking about. Where you kick with blades on your feet. You know.. like on Soul Calibur 3 and all.

McLaughlin
Apr 22, 2007, 07:46 PM
The space is likely just a result of not enough 2 handed weapons in the last two columns. I would hope for a Boomerang-esque weapon.

Sychosis
Apr 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-04-22 17:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
The space is likely just a result of not enough 2 handed weapons in the last two columns. I would hope for a Boomerang-esque weapon.

You mean slicers? Real slicers that is.

xennec
Apr 22, 2007, 07:54 PM
I like Kimil's idea. I was actually talking to my friend the other day and told him that there should be a weapon that allows using 2 techs at once or tech fusion.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 22, 2007, 07:58 PM
Katana, 2 handed melee weapon. It has 3 hits in a combo, ALOT of ATP and it ignores and pierces through enemy's defense similar to a bow.

XDeviousX
Apr 22, 2007, 08:08 PM
How about a gun that fires techs (Like a flame visit for lack of a better example...)

The techs would be the basic techs, foi, basta, diga, etc. at less power but at a better range/speed.

How about a Morning Star type weapon with photon spikes to be a force types "Power" weapon to give them a melee weapon that does good damage based on ignoring defense like bow...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-04-22 18:09 ]</font>

Kaydin
Apr 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-04-22 17:10, Gryffin wrote:

This is an odd weapon, but would be IDEAL for WTs. Think of it as a melee staff. The trigger activates an area where 2 spells can be placed. More so, since this is a MELEE weapon, and people such as regular hunters, and possibly non-techer classes could use it, it also has a PA.
Attack-
Reaper Slice-
Lvl 1-10: The scythe is swung horizontally from the right, hitting up to 3 enemies, and then swung vertically into the ground.
Lvl 11-20: The scythe is ripped quickly out from the ground and the wielder spins slashing up to 5 enemies around them.
Lvl 21-30: The user continues spinning, and then lets go of the scythe, the user regains them self as the scythe spins twice around them, hitting up to 5 enemies on each spin. As the user grabs the scythe they do a bit of a battle pose, rendering them defenseless for about a second.

Yes please! Wartecher needs S rank! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mikura
Apr 22, 2007, 08:59 PM
I'm loving the scythe idea but then again, I was a Dark Knight on FFXI so yeah. >_>; Not to mention I miss the soul eater/soul banish from PSO. ;;

Kaydin
Apr 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
As a half-melee FOmar, I loved the Soul Eater/Soul Banish. Never found a Soul Banish though. >.>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-04-22 19:03 ]</font>

Angelo
Apr 22, 2007, 09:04 PM
I think it'd be sweet to have tomes/books. Kinda like Prophets of Motav in PSO.

You could only equip one Tech to it, it would have low PP but it would have insanely high TP

VanHalen
Apr 22, 2007, 09:08 PM
Kimil your weapon sounds similar to my Protranser weapon except I didn't give it a name just called it a glove.

I'm going to give it a PSU type description
"A glove like weapn geared toward the advanced user(lol advanced user). Designed with the finest fabric and it's weather resistant!"

Err it's an A-rank GRM weapon it works similar to the knuckles except when added with an element(by using a PA like a bullet) it's photon art is a big punch through your enemy and explodes with a trap. Example Fire glove causes a burn SE. Also all enemies standing around get the SE too.

Gryffin
Apr 22, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-04-22 19:04, Angelo wrote:
I think it'd be sweet to have tomes/books. Kinda like Prophets of Motav in PSO.

You could only equip one Tech to it, it would have low PP but it would have insanely high TP

I disagree with your stats. I totally forgot about books, but I want'em. And stealing a page from Makai Kingdom, I think they should have a homing photon attack, as well as assigning spells. The homing photon is FREE but weak. Its fast and great for tagging http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Stat wise, I see at as being 2 handed, with a little higher than wand TP, and a little higher than wand PP, but not as much as staves. It casts at a speed in between the two, and has that orb attack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NIFTY

Kimil
Apr 23, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-04-22 17:54, xennec wrote:
I like Kimil's idea. I was actually talking to my friend the other day and told him that there should be a weapon that allows using 2 techs at once or tech fusion.

Good to see someone agrees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PLease create it Sega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 12:24 AM
Gatling gun. Two-handed weapon. Has way more PP, ATA and ATP than machinegun, but you have to stand still to fire (can't rotate) and it takes a couple of seconds before you can move again after firing. Can also hit flying monsters. fG and PT only. Also goes through defense.

Tay
Apr 23, 2007, 12:29 AM
I think it's nothing...

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 12:29 AM
Hammer- Two handed melee.
Two diagonal swings followed by a powerfull downward smash.

Boots- kicking ftw!
Upward kick, two rolling kicks followed by a roundhouse.

Thrower- Flamethrower type weapon with continuous fire, similar to dam-tech, but it's a gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mechrifle- an automatic rifle, similar to mechgun, but with lower rate of fire, higher power and more PP.

Magnum- handgun that uses both hands, high power.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 12:32 AM
This thread lacks bazookas.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Apr 23, 2007, 12:43 AM
i should be a force type weapon since there lacking like a acrotecher type weapon that can melee and tech. or relice weapons that are like real weapons like a real sword or real axe
that only forte classes can use

Kent
Apr 23, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-04-22 18:16, Kaydin wrote:

Attack-
Reaper Slice-

Yes please! Wartecher needs S rank! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I see that other people are liking the idea that I came up with, oh so long ago.

Only difference, is that mine used the techniques linked to it, to determine the element of the weapon, and that I didn't list a PA or what the combo is like - I was just saying it'd be a swung weapon, faster than a sword, and hits up to two targets per attack...

I had two idea for PAs for it, that I never posted, though. Something along the lines of..

PA#1:
1-10: Three quick, sweeping attacks (normal weapon targets+1), third one launches.
11-20: Jump, four more sweeping attacks (normal weapon targets+1), fourth one knocks enemies down (down from the air, or if they're on the ground, just knockdown)
21+: Land, single sweeping attack that sends out a frontal, short-range shockwave of the weapon's element with knockback and element-corresponding status effect chance (normal weapon targets+3)

Damage per hit would have to be somewhat mitigated, for balance purposes... But that'd still likely be the ultimate PA for it.

PA#2:
1-10: Short charge time, then an upward slash that releases a forward (linear, but not very wide) shockwave of the weapon's current element, with chance of status effect - costs a small amount of HP (5% or so of current)to use.
11-20: No added combo, but the shockwave is slightly wider, very slightly shorter charge time, better status effect chance, damage, and range - costs slightly more HP (8%-ish) to use.
21+: Same bonuses, HP cost increases to about 12%, adds launching properties.

For this one, I was thinking something like Dark Knight's Souleater from some Final Fantasy games (not FFXI - I mean back when Souleater was an AOE dark attack, instead of a buff). However, the damage would not be based on how much HP goes into the attack, as that would give too much of an advantage to Beasts - rather, the added damage would be based on the percentage of your max HP that goes into the attack (because percentage of max HP is only equal to percentage of current HP, when your HP is full).

In addition to all of that, the stats for the attacks... Only the actual physical hits would be based on your ATP - all of the shockwave-type attacks, would be based on your TP to a large extent (being that these are basically variable-element techniques you're infusing into your weapon attacks - that, and this would give a huge advantage to Wartechers of Human and Newman races, and promote balance).

As far as stats for the actual weapon... ATP and ATA would be comparable to a Spear of the same make and star rating, just a bit lower, but with higher PP (probably about 150 or so more than a Spear of the same level and make). PAs would be slightly costly to the PP, and on top of that, it'd be intended to be used as a casting weapon, as well. Recharge, would be about the same as a Yohmei wand of the same star rating (about 7/tick). It'd use the same variable photons as casting weapons, and to get an element, you have to equip techniques - 12% elemental per technique (24% if you equip two of the same element), and neutral element if the techinques are of different elements.

Wartecher-only, S-rank, naturally.

Alisha
Apr 23, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-04-22 17:58, Shiroryuu wrote:
Katana, 2 handed melee weapon. It has 3 hits in a combo, ALOT of ATP and it ignores and pierces through enemy's defense similar to a bow.

i like that idea. most of my idea's could fit under pre existing weapon types.

Zarbolord
Apr 23, 2007, 03:15 AM
Boomerang, range weapon (kinda reminds us of the pso slicer). Two handed. 4 slots, normal attack, PA, and 2 techs.

Heavy Mangabula. Big heavy and slow, two separate slicing weps that combo by giving different elemental attributes. I can't actually explain it too well.... Ah, Voldo from Soul Calibur II, kinda like that yes...

SolomonGrundy
Apr 23, 2007, 04:02 AM
what's missing from PSO? There were
smallish wands, larger two handed-ype casting items (psycho wand, etc), but there was also this concept of Rods - a force melee weapon.

it never really caught on - none of te rods were that good at melee, and all of them had extra powers that aided in casting (caduceous, is a good example).

But I think, in PSU, it would be 'kinda' cool, of there was a two handed rod that used TP instead of ATP for it's damage. YOu could not link skills to it - that would be breaking into the fighting realm, but you could make it ignor defense in the same way bows ignore defense...

Wartechers, Gunteckers get A rank, ForteTecher get S rank.
Tenora, GRM, make 1-6*, but only tenora makes above 6* (this is, after all, a brute force way of channeleing techs).

Arika
Apr 23, 2007, 04:50 AM
Name: Partisan or Scythe
Type: Striking
Discription: Partisan and Spear is totally different thing. While spear is mainly use for thrust , partisan are Asian decided weapon , mainly use for slash like what they do on PSO, this gonna hit 4+ enemy, and has better range than sword. but they will have lower atp. Also, the attack of Partisan and Scythe are very similar , so they can make it same thing, same PA!!

Opinion :I think this is very possible weapon to add, if they going to make another expension. They can also bring back Soul eater too.
Axe are far more different than Scythe ,even they can use the same attack pattern or PA(slash), the range is too close!!, Scythe should have partisan range.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 23, 2007, 05:55 AM
What about the PSO shot? or, better yet, A fusion weapon-

Combine the gurth and firing rate of the Grenader, with the number of shots the Shotgun gets, and the peircing power of the Laser cannon, and get's the Rifles handy Pushback ability with each hit.

This is really the PSO Shot, aside from the Peircing, but the shot's that didn't hit all the enemys hit spots went through them, to the next enemy.

LOW AS CRAP ATP, with Laser Cannon ATA, if its like 7* to 7*... But, still, I'd use it if it was a weapon.

Eleina
Apr 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
How bout a bare handed fighting option!!!

Natrokos
Apr 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
The last slot will be reserved for 'Rubber Chicken' mightiest of weapons

gambit04
Apr 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
Fists!

You link two technics to each fist. Everytime you hit with that fist you have a chance to cast the technic. X is the left fist and Y is the right fist.

Also they could have button combinations that make special attacks say X,X,Y,Y would unleash I 6 attack combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gambit04 on 2007-04-23 08:44 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Apr 23, 2007, 10:51 AM
How about let the developers deal with what to add. most come up with ideas that seem not to fit PSU. "Omg lets get a rappy cannon omega acid blaster force rod that does a crap load of benefits without weighing in the actual game mechanics in weapon types and class restrictions, even a Polty can use one of these."

Reminds me of the make your own class threads. I bet there's a good number of people in here who dis D&D and don't realize this is very similar towards it: level your class to a certain requirement to get to the expert and master class along with multi-classing and using different races. But this game does not have a system we know about or a toolset that allows us to create our own class or weapons. So why not let Sega handle it. Certain things like limitations or pros and cons need to be taken into account along with that mythical word people don't think exists: BALANCE.

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-04-22 22:32, omegapirate2k wrote:
This thread lacks bazookas.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-NUG2000-BAZOOKA-ACTION-3.jpg

Fix'd. Nug2000 FTW.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
http://www.fileitunder.com/uploaded_images/flamethrower-754684.JPG
Better than Damfoie! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
Seriously, the flame thrower aint a bad idea. Of course, it would be an Element Thrower but i like the idea! As far a a Force wep, Id like to see canes. Y know, like big ass wizard style! they would be 1 handed, not like rods. And instead of 4 Techs, they would get 2 Techs, a melee attack and a PA!!!! O.o

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
I want the old Wands back. >.>;
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe/Really%20Old%20Preview%20Screenshots/wand.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-04-23 12:01 ]</font>

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 02:58 PM
I like the way Gandalf fought in the more recent Lord of the Rings games--he used his stick for casting and for whoopass.

However, of the ideas already put out there, I must say I especially like the scythe--it would make being a WT cool. Better yet if you could get ones that randomly drop an offensive tech in conjunction with a melee attack. Except then you'd probably get all the n00bgunners changing class and giving Wartechers a bad name. The Photon Thrower (there's a name for it) that essentially imitates Dam-class techs sounds good, too. I'm sure there are other good ones that I'm just not recalling right at the moment.

I'm going to throw in for the same idea I put forth for the last such thread. Instruments. Two hands, natch. They play songs with special effects, such as inflicting SEs or debuffs on all nearby enemies while you continue to play/sing, or granting HP regen to nearby allies. They could have equippable songs that are handled like technics, or perhaps each one just has a particular song attached and an extra slot or so for equipping actual technics--I think I like the latter better.

Of course, the electric guitar would have to have the most radical effect via rocking out so hard you change the physical properties of things with your absolute metalness. Like making things be on fire just by jamming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-04-23 13:34 ]</font>

GazL_Neon
Apr 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:26, chuck_norris wrote:
Name: twin axe
Type: strike
Discription: two axes in each hand, smaller then the normal axe.

just a idea i had.

Balanced idea. But not Nevando-style OTT 2 two-handed axes, performing Twin Dagger and Twin Saber PAs.

Amirite PJ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also...the Shield idea is inspired. I love it.

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 03:55 PM

Only slightly ranged, as in the last hit of the regular attack, and some PA's. This weapon is an odd one, when equipped, it not only contributes to ATP, but to DFP. A simple design can hide a powerful attack.
Attack-
3rd: The user spins towards the right and after spinning, throws the sheild, hitting up to 3 enemies. It returns and does the same damage on the way back.
Sheild Slugger:
Lvl 1-10: The shield is smashed forward twice, very quickly, with stun on the second hit.
Lvl 11-20: The shield is thrown upwards knocking enemies up, the user jumps up, lashes the enemy, grabs the shield, and launches down to hit the enemy who just hit the ground.

I like this one, too, though I think EVP would be more appropriate than DFP (preferably with some peculiar enhancement, like faster blocking speed and/or no PA interruption). That, and they have to have a chivalrous look to them so that my caseal can totally look like a knight in shining armour with a saber and shield.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:55, Allison_W wrote:

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:

I like this one, too, though I think EVP would be more appropriate than DFP (preferably with some peculiar enhancement, like faster blocking speed and/or no PA interruption). That, and they have to have a chivalrous look to them so that my caseal can totally look like a knight in shining armour with a saber and shield.

That'd be BA.

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 03:57 PM
20$ its a human-only uber mega weapon.....

Tykwa
Apr 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
I've noticed alot that on youtube i've been looking at asian games (taiwan,chinese or whatever) that there are a LOT of things different there than the game we play here thing is is that they CAN hide stuff from us seeing that USA and china servers are seperate and all.

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:57, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2007-04-23 13:55, Allison_W wrote:

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:

That'd be BA.

BA whut?

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
wild guess: Bad Ass?

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-04-23 14:32, Rashiid wrote:
wild guess: Bad Ass?Indeed.

Allison_W
Apr 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-04-23 14:33, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2007-04-23 14:32, Rashiid wrote:
wild guess: Bad Ass?Indeed.

Oh. Yes, yes it would. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 04:41 PM
Assault Rifle: Just a simple two-handed weapon that fires in three-shot bursts like the old PSO Mechgun.

Guided Missile: Like the remote-controlled (Nikita?) missiles from the Metal Gear games, you'd have to stand and manually control a missile as it flies to wherever you guide it via Missile Cam. Or without FPV, maybe it could let you move while, say, using the right analog stick to guide it. (depending on how it'd affect balance)

On 2007-04-22 22:24, Shiryuu wrote:
Gatling gun. Two-handed weapon. Has way more PP, ATA and ATP than machinegun, but you have to stand still to fire (can't rotate) and it takes a couple of seconds before you can move again after firing. Can also hit flying monsters. fG and PT only. Also goes through defense.

I'd love this weapon, but only if it could rotate. There is absolutely NO point in using weapons of this sort if you have to let go of the trigger just because the target moved. The one-handed machinegun already sucks due to lack of turning ability.

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:

This is by far the best idea I've seen.

Shiryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-04-23 14:41, Jife_Jifremok wrote

I'd love this weapon, but only if it could rotate. There is absolutely NO point in using weapons of this sort if you have to let go of the trigger just because the target moved. The one-handed machinegun already sucks due to lack of turning ability.

A little bit of balance is always good.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-04-23 14:56, Shiryuu wrote:

On 2007-04-23 14:41, Jife_Jifremok wrote

A little bit of balance is always good.

Swivel only no walk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Asura-Dizzy
Apr 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
The weapon I've wanted since I started playing again.. a Scythe!.

Weapon attack speed would be like this, dagger and twin variants = 10, then axe = 3, Scythe would be 4.

Scythes are usuable by AcroFighter ONLY.(ahh I couldn't think of a class.. could be a new type only weapon.. idk about this..)

2 handed weapon.
Heres a example:
Soul Shatter 9*, 1000 atp, 350 PP, 250 ATA, 400 atp requirement.

A unique and Wicked powerful weapon for controlling crowds or destroying powerful enemies, weapon may rarely cause the wielder of this powerful weapon to recieve the following status effects: 200 hp loss (common), jellen, zalure.

(weapon can attack 5 enemies at once with every attack for insane damage but thats 5x the chance of hurting oneself aswell.)(bare with me on the PA names XD I haven't taken my japanese classes yet..)

Bought in the store for 30k
Aku Kiba: Evil Fang - 3 targets 3 hits swing scythe horizontally twice (left then right) 3rd hit with the scythe and strikes the legs in a wide cone in front causing launch.
Second part gained at PAlvl 31, 3 targets 1 hit, weapon glows black(You always recieve a critical strike on your next attack when this happens) and you strike downward causing a black hole to appear on the ground enemies in this hole gain a random negative status effect(and the damage from your critical strike heh).

200 PA fragments
Hikari no ankoku: Wings of darkness - 5 targets 3 hits weapon glows black, for 1 second YOU glow black and are unable to move or be knocked down (you can move your direction around) Dash forward with a horizontal slash which creates a huge horizontal black hole in the AIR (knocks down and causes a negative status effect) Jump into the air and slash the scythe downward 3 times causing more black holes to appear (first hit launches, second hit knocks down, third hit launches again)
Second part gained at PAlevel 40 - 5 targets 30 hits (at this point if you had this second part you would still be in the air.) your weapon and your whole body glow black (next attack = crit for sure and your unable to be knocked down.) black wings grow out of your back and for 2 seconds you are unable to move (suspended in the air with wings) you then shoot a black ball out of your hand which hits directly under you which ALWAYS causes STUN effect, you then spin the scythe with enough force to cause a small tornado which devastates anyone directly under you hits 29 times.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
What I want is one of these:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/Pyro316/NicholasD.jpg

RadiantLegend
Apr 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
Trigun fan much?

I want single fist kinda like kazuma from s-cry-ed.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/wuterich/Zetsuei.jpg
ftw!

RadiantLegend
Apr 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
Serious i think we need single FIST.

Thats my last request as a fortefighter. >_< and it better be fF S rank ON LY. *murders all noobgunners*

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-04-23 15:42, Ragolismine wrote:

Thats my last request as a fortefighter. >_< and it better be fF S rank ON LY. *murders all noobgunners*
I agree, we need one handed knux, although the combo may look a bit awkward unless they do it just right...

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-04-23 15:42, Ragolismine wrote:

Thats my last request as a fortefighter. >_< and it better be fF S rank ONLY. *murders all noobgunners*

Things like that come in pairs. If you have S-rank in the single version, you have S-rank in the dual version too.

Wartecher has S-rank in Daggers and Twin Daggers.
Fighgunner has S-rank in Sabers and Twin Sabers, Daggers and Twin Daggers.
Fortefighter has S-rank in Claws and Twin Claws.
(Acrotecher/Acrofighter actually breaks this)

Since Fortefighter has S-rank in Knuckles, they would have S-rank in a single Fist as well.

Valius
Apr 23, 2007, 07:15 PM

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:

I had a similar idea for a "Photon Shield". It would be a left-hand weapon capable of manually blocking frontal attacks, taking the damage as PP rather than HP. It would have only moderate PP but a quick recovery rate, meaning it could be used frequently, but not constantly. Changing the photon element would improve the shield's effectiveness versus that element (non-element would be resistant to physical).

Not quite as flashy, but handy, and it could make one-handed weapons a little more attractive.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-04-23 17:15, Valius wrote:

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:

I had a similar idea for a "Photon Shield". It would be a left-hand weapon capable of manually blocking frontal attacks, taking the damage as PP rather than HP. It would have only moderate PP but a quick recovery rate, meaning it could be used frequently, but not constantly. Changing the photon element would improve the shield's effectiveness versus that element (non-element would be resistant to physical).

Not quite as flashy, but handy, and it could make one-handed weapons a little more attractive.

Mabybe use the attack button to activate it and it'd drain PP slowly as well as lose it from hits. allow for strafing too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

natewifi
Apr 23, 2007, 07:37 PM
single fist sound's like a good idea, but isnt really worthy of being the last weapon to be revealed, or is it...?

The PA could switch and make the charge fist PA and give it to single, and come up with a diff PA for knuckles. A PA where like the user strikes the ground and a huge shockwave attacks from around the user.

A grab weapon would be cool too, but you can only. throw/hit smalle enemies when holding them, for big enemies you can only grab onto them and hit them.

A grab ability period...

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-04-23 15:21, Asura-Dizzy wrote:
The weapon I've wanted since I started playing again.. a Scythe!.

Weapon attack speed would be like this, dagger and twin variants = 10, then axe = 3, Scythe would be 4.

Scythes are usuable by AcroFighter ONLY.(ahh I couldn't think of a class.. could be a new type only weapon.. idk about this..)

2 handed weapon.
Heres a example:
Soul Shatter 9*, 1000 atp, 350 PP, 250 ATA, 400 atp requirement.

A unique and Wicked powerful weapon for controlling crowds or destroying powerful enemies, weapon may rarely cause the wielder of this powerful weapon to recieve the following status effects: 200 hp loss (common), jellen, zalure.

(weapon can attack 5 enemies at once with every attack for insane damage but thats 5x the chance of hurting oneself aswell.)(bare with me on the PA names XD I haven't taken my japanese classes yet..)

Bought in the store for 30k
Aku Kiba: Evil Fang - 3 targets 3 hits swing scythe horizontally twice (left then right) 3rd hit with the scythe and strikes the legs in a wide cone in front causing launch.
Second part gained at PAlvl 31, 3 targets 1 hit, weapon glows black(You always recieve a critical strike on your next attack when this happens) and you strike downward causing a black hole to appear on the ground enemies in this hole gain a random negative status effect(and the damage from your critical strike heh).

200 PA fragments
Hikari no ankoku: Wings of darkness - 5 targets 3 hits weapon glows black, for 1 second YOU glow black and are unable to move or be knocked down (you can move your direction around) Dash forward with a horizontal slash which creates a huge horizontal black hole in the AIR (knocks down and causes a negative status effect) Jump into the air and slash the scythe downward 3 times causing more black holes to appear (first hit launches, second hit knocks down, third hit launches again)
Second part gained at PAlevel 40 - 5 targets 30 hits (at this point if you had this second part you would still be in the air.) your weapon and your whole body glow black (next attack = crit for sure and your unable to be knocked down.) black wings grow out of your back and for 2 seconds you are unable to move (suspended in the air with wings) you then shoot a black ball out of your hand which hits directly under you which ALWAYS causes STUN effect, you then spin the scythe with enough force to cause a small tornado which devastates anyone directly under you hits 29 times.

Actually, Hikaru no Ankoku means Wings of LIGHT. It should be Yami no Ankoku.

ThEoRy
Apr 23, 2007, 08:13 PM
All I want is a one handed technic weapon that you can link 6 technics, 4 bullets, and 3 pa's. Also, it summons 7 jarbas, 5 chaos bringers, 3 rainbow beast and 1 Onmagoug, which you can then kill and receive a har/quick from every time. Oh wait, thats the relic gun.

Shiryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 08:18 PM
I want the guns from Gantz. Shoot them a couple of times, nothing happens, then when they're about to hit you, they explode.

Then maybe later they can give us Gantz suits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Valius
Apr 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-04-23 17:21, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Mabybe use the attack button to activate it and it'd drain PP slowly as well as lose it from hits. allow for strafing too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hmmm, that could work. Nice one.

XanGabriel
Apr 24, 2007, 03:04 AM
Duh. Everyone knows that's reserved for the Ocarina of Time. GOSH. Get with the picture.

LoL

Nuclearranger
Apr 24, 2007, 09:36 AM
How about SUV weapons as just weapons lol...

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 09:38 AM
How bout a battle staff for Forces....strengh depending on the user's TP

Thrash777
Apr 24, 2007, 09:43 AM
Katanas! Like a saber, but make them have a fast 5 hit combo to one enemy.

Zimbolt
Apr 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hmmmm.... I have an idea! I will call this weapon the slicer, and it will be..erm.. like a whip!

XanGabriel
Apr 25, 2007, 06:38 PM
Clearly that spot is reserved for a Gunblade.

...or...

A whack-a-mole hammer to take care of those damned Bul Bunas and Goshin and such.

Dante1
Apr 25, 2007, 08:49 PM
what about fists only,something like knucks but without them?

Niered
Apr 25, 2007, 09:19 PM
Its gotta be a ranged or tech based weapon based on its positioning on the chart if theres anything at all (which I doubt).

Personally, I feel it will be a merger of the two, sort of like a bow. Its a ranged weapon reservec for forces.

So hows about a mask? Difference between it and other ranged weaponry is that its attack power is based off the users MST. It shoots MIND BULLETS =P but also differs from other ranged weapons (excluding the slicer) in that its not given SE inflicting elemental PA's, but full fledged skills. Im thinking some good crowd control ones like a psychic throw or something. Also, It would be a right handed weapon, thus allowing it to be used in juncture with wands and other ranged weapons.

Basically my feelings about the new weapons in AoI are that they need to fill gaps that are in place already. They all do, I just feel that there could be one more.

Gryffin
Apr 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
I'm glad to see so many people liked my idea <3!

I just realized a few more, but I'm gonna let your little minds piece them together. Tonfa's, Kick Edge, and Orb's.

I may decide to add detail later...depends on if I remember or not.

Ethan-Waber
Apr 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
Guns with realistic sounds...
Yasmikov bitches.

I hate the "Pew Pew" I want some "Bang Bang and Pow Pow"

Alkaar
Apr 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
This might have been mentioned, but dual mechguns would rock!

Libram
Apr 26, 2007, 01:05 PM
Here's an attempt at balancing some of the more interesting ideas.

Partisan/Scythe
Having the melee option is good, but you should only give it either Skills or TECHs. Having both would make it broken. I would personally like to see just a regular melee combo with the option of casting TECHs.

You can equip 2 TECHs to the weapon. The attack option is always available, but instead of the Skill you get the TECH. Hitting the trigger would just switch the TECH to the second while keeping the normal attack available.

Elemental attributes will be determined by the TECHs equipped, but not in a normal fashion. When one is active you get a 20% elemental bonus based on that TECHs alignment, and switching TECHs would change the element immediately.

Classes capable of equipping them are Wartecher, Acrofighter, and Acrotecher.

Gatling Gun
Give it the base strength of a similar ranking manufacturer's Handgun.

Give it a large base PP that recharges at a normal rate.

Bullet accuracy would be greatly reduced like the Grenade Launchers, but the firing rate would be comparable or maybe just a tad higher than a Mechgun.

When firing, it takes a little time to get the Gatling to charge up, say like 3 to 5 shots of a Hangun at a normal speed. Once it hits that point firing speed becomes insane, but so will the PP drain. Your character MUST keep the feet planted, but you have the option of a little rotation to sweep the weapon around and follow an enemy. Once you feel your done firing it takes a second for your character to recover.

FPM is available, but it is also strictly hindered. The Gatling would be unique in this, and if this proves to be too much to implement then just scrap this idea entirely.

Photon Thrower
This would work much like the Gatling, only the weapons would have far less ATP, a little more accuracy, and a much higher SE. The animations for both Gatling and Thrower would be the same, but the Thrower will enjoy full rotation instead of being locked in place and facing in a relatively fixed direction.

Golto
Apr 26, 2007, 01:11 PM
Forget about gunblades its all about the riflespears nowadays in animes.

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 01:32 PM
im sure (if it is something) its a force weapon, being its on the bottom line.

perhaps Gloves? (like, hand-casting)

SuperRygar
Apr 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
you put too much thought into that Libram...you should work for Sega

how about Nunchucks? or Bombs? or a Boomerang? a Hockey Stick? an Egg Sandwich? a Weed-Whacker? a Car(hit and run)? a Shovel? Giant Scissors! Molotov Cocktail? how about a Tactical Nuclear Strike? http://www.nira-rocketry.org/images/Gallery/Wallis/BigNukeFlight.jpg

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 01:43 PM
already an SUV >.>

SuperRygar
Apr 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
SUV's are photon junk, nuke is bigger ^.^

Weeaboolits
Apr 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
Weapons:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/excalibolg.png
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/DakronKnight/angelarm.jpg
SUV:
http://www.shadowshq.org/images/eclipse_cannon2.jpg

Laonex954x
Apr 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
not sure if any one mentioned this but its a good theory to as what that weapon maybe....it maybe nothing, but if you look at the picture in the very first post the weapons are in a order, the first 3rows are all melee weapons and then there are i think 2rows of ranged weapons, the last row is all tech weapons...the last spot would most likely have to fit in with the rest of the placement making it some sort of tech casting weapon....even the 4 new weapons were fit into the pattern

Laonex954x
Apr 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
if it was to be a casting weapon i would like to see some kind of (i no everyone always says stuff similar but its diffrent and not a nanoblast type of thing lol) some kind of "animal magic" the summoning of a animal to attack like the photon blasts in phantasy star online...yo0 would hold a 2 handed weapon of some sort looking kind of like a rod...the photon arts that you buy would be what animal would be summoned and the element....i like to be creative lol

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
Fists that do 'ki attacks' is what my friend says...

as for me...

uh... Javelin? Yo-yo? Shield?

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-04-26 13:13, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
SUV:
http://www.shadowshq.org/images/eclipse_cannon2.jpg

http://img.search.com/thumb/7/7a/026eggman.jpg/320px-026eggman.jpg
how dare you let this bastard get the last Chaos Emerald!

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-04-26 14:38, Sharkyland wrote:
Fists that do 'ki attacks' is what my friend says...

as for me...

Yo-Yo would be similar to a Whip, since its just throwin it around. + already dagger PA......

i think its just backup, incase long-term, they decide to throw another weapon in.

Kaydin
Apr 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-04-26 14:38, Sharkyland wrote:

There's an S-rank Spear in AoI that looks like a Javelin.

Rapiers or Scimitars would be cool, or Poleaxes. I would love to swing around a Poleaxe.

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
Sniper Rifle!

- can hit any enemy from any distance.
- pierces defence.
- major recoil tho (like shotgun, but a tad longer)
- major damage.

SE Lv. 5 bullets!!

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
Wandz for Forcez with Melee! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And those FTs that wanna attack.

Example:

X-Attack
Y-Attacking PA
RB+X-TECH 1
RB+Y-TECH 2

Like, the wands from PSO I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif There was a picture of PSU in testing that had one with Ethan fighting a Green De Ragnus.

Kaydin
Apr 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-04-26 15:08, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Wandz for Forcez with Melee! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And those FTs that wanna attack.

Example:

X-Attack
Y-Attacking PA
RB+X-TECH 1
RB+Y-TECH 2

Like, the wands from PSO I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif There was a picture of PSU in testing that had one with Ethan fighting a Green De Ragnus.

I already posted a pic of one earlier in this thread. ;D
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/Phantasy%20Star%20Universe/Really%20Old%20Preview%20Screenshots/wand.jpg

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-04-26 15:10, Kaydin wrote:

On 2007-04-26 15:08, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Example:

X-Attack
Y-Attacking PA
RB+X-TECH 1
RB+Y-TECH 2

I already posted a pic of one earlier in this thread. ;D

Ah yes a pic with the wand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Not the one I was looking for, but it still has it. Looks as though I missed that pic though. :/ Thanks anyway.

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
the want looks hideous.

Weeaboolits
Apr 27, 2007, 01:54 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/italianstiletto.jpg

Libram
Apr 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-04-26 11:37, SuperRygar wrote:
you put too much thought into that Libram...you should work for Sega

Too much thought? I had all that out in 5 minutes, most of which was spent writing the post.

Thrash777
Apr 27, 2007, 08:32 PM
Gunblades! Of course! That'd be awesome!

How about grenade-style weapons? We have the launcher, why not a left-handed option?

Gryffin
Apr 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
Gryffy's weapon store is officially open <3

Here goes:

Missle Launcher (Two-handed ranged)
Ok, think Nos- spells, but for rangers. The cannon is large and carried over the right shoulder. It's a little bit slow, but it's super strong, and homing, PLUS if there are 3 enemies within explosion, it hits them all. Oh, and the accuracy is high as well. The only downside is it's speed. By saying a little bit I meant, one missle out at a time.. you have to blow it up before shooting another. Bullets = Element. It would have around 1500 PP at 8*'s. At level 1 power is 125%, and capped at 40 it's 200%
Bullet Guide:
1-10: SE Lvl 1- PP cost 30- Accuracy= 80%
11-20: SE Lvl 1-PP cost 34- Accuracy increased by 10%
21-30: SE Lvl 2-PP cost 38- Accuracy increased by 5%
31-40: Nothing new..just more uber power bonuses.
Idea for ULT bullet: Larger radius, less power. (Level 1- 100%, Level 40- 140%)

Spray Cannon (Two-handed ranged)
Okay, think Dam- spells, but for ranger's. Ok, this is a superb weapon, but difficult to use. The range is that of a 21+ Dam spell, very large, but you still gotta get in their face. The bullets, are elements, duh. But the highest SE is still 4, which would make this weapon almighty in the hands of a strong user. It burns PP quick, isn't guaranteed with hits, and has a little less power than a rifle. Another bonus though, is the fact that it can hit 5 enemies per hit-thingy. Damage at level 1 is 80%, and capped at 40 is 150%
Bullet Guide:
1-10: SE 2- 50% Accuracy- 3PP per half-second
11-20:SE3- 55% Accuracy- 4PP per half-second
21-30:SE4-60% Accuracy- 5PP per half-second
31-40: Nothing, 'cept more power, yey!
Idea for ULT bullet: Poison cannon. AUTOMATICALLY HITS AND POISONS. ALWAYS HITS. ALWAYS. Damage starts at 25% and capped at 40 reaches 60%.

Hoop (Two-handed melee)
Totally stealing this from Soul Caliber III, but I love the idea as a evil hula-hoop weapon, so I'm all on this. It's basically a weapon, but it's used elegantly, and seems as though the user is oblivious to enemies. Just dancing around, and not noticing that they're chopping up little critters. The speed is VERY high. The power, leaves something to be desired, but It has a decent radius, and some very useful swings and PA's. It can hit up to 3 spots per swing.
Attack guide-
1st: The hoop is lashed from the right, in a spinning motion.
2nd: The hoop is spun around the left hand, hitting three times.
3rd: The hoop is thrown from the spinning motion, as it flies in the air, the player does a quick backflip, knocking enemies back.
PA guide-
Spin Rush-
Lvl 1-10: The user holds the hoop out and does 2 quick spins, hitting, but not knocking back enemies all around (up to 5)
Lvl 11-20: The user releases the hoop, and they both keep spinning, and then the enemies start getting knocked back and forth between the user and the hoop, possibly getting knocked away. (up to 5 hits per enemy, 5 enemies)
Lvl 21-30: The hoop returns to the user, and they slam it on the ground and kick through it, doing ENORMOUS damage to up to 3 enemies in front of them, and sending them flying.

Blood Rush- (ULT..)
Lvl 1-10: The hoop is thrown in front of the user, where it spins rapidly in midair.(10 hits on 1 enemy) Then it returns.
Lvl 11-20: After returning, the user ACTUALLY hula-hoops with it, with the option of running around while spinning. For a total of 3 seconds, the user spins the hoop and can run around, decimating enemies. (Can hit up to 10 enemies, 5 times each)
Lvl 21-30: The user spins/runs for an additional 2 seconds (Same rules apply) After that, the user jumps upward and kicks the hoop forward, the hoop launches forward horizontally and returns, doing damage on the forward, backward, and the kick(Hitting up to 5 enemies 1 time). When it returns, the user grabs it it lunges forward holding it with two hands, for a little bit of overkill. (5 enemies, 1 time)

So, who likes? I may post some more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vg_geek86
Apr 27, 2007, 09:29 PM
Chainsawd would be nice. I miss that thing so much =(

Kimil
Apr 27, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-04-27 19:29, vg_geek86 wrote:
Chainsawd would be nice. I miss that thing so much =(

Its Back in AoI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vg_geek86
Apr 27, 2007, 09:33 PM
*Creams his pants*
*Decides to actually look into AoI*

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 27, 2007, 10:55 PM
A Nanoblast like SUV for CAST...

Apearance varies for each gedner and SUV equiped.

User gets a Custom Robo look, with all attachments on!

The attacks for said SUV varies form what you press-

Square button- Fires the right-arm mounted gun.
Triangle Button- Fire the left-arm mounted bomb gun.
Triangle+R1 buttons- Fires the Back-mounted Autononomous pod launcher.
Square+R1 buttons- Does a violent charge forward.

SF armor- Ray 01-
Has a gundam look.
Gun- fires 3 powerful shots.
Bomb- launches a bomb as if it's a grenader.
Pod- Launches a little missle like object forward, explodes like the bomb.
Charge- a basic quick thrust forward, knocking enemies forward with you.

MG armor- Metal Ape- [male only]
Gives a huge humanoidic gorilla look.
Gun- It's actually a punch... does knock up.
Bomb- Fires like the grenader, except it pulls enemies torwards you.
Pod- Sets a big walking spider-like pod, crawls torward target and stuns on explosion.
Charge- You leap into the air, and slam back down on the ground, makes a shockwave, does knock back.

AB armor- Miranda- [Female only]
Gives a balletrina look.
Gun- shoots a beam like a Laser Cannon.
Bomb- Also shoots a Laser Cannon beam, but has Mayalee Prism effect.
Pod- Launches a Bird to hit airborn targets.
Charcge- a forward... series of skips while slaping like mad.

LS armor- Tempest
Gives a shogun like look, with wings mounted on the back of the pod.
Gun- shoots a dragon head, peirces.
Bomb- shoots an explosive right ar the enemies.
Pod- sets a staitionary trap in mid-air.
Charge- you go airborn for a time, only airborn emnemies may hit you directly without techs, no damage with this charge.

SV armor- Javelin
gives you a transformer of a plane look.
Gun- shoots 4 beams that peorce for low damage.
Bomb- Freezes target on the spot, fires a grenader like bomb.
Pod- Sets a little pod thing, explodes and sends enemies flying off 50 feet away, low damage, massive blast radius.
Charge- makes you invincable for a time.

And finally,

Illegal SUV Armor- Hadron
makes you look all golden and freaky looking, with big horns and such.
Gun- Fires 3 short-range bullets that do at minimum 1000 damage, gun can only be used 3 times.
Bomd- fires a big arrow like bomb, once it hit's target, it explodes doing 1000 damage, thats set damage, and only useable twice.
Pod- actually, it sends a big wave of energy forward, does knockback.
Charge- This actualy ends the SUV right after you use it, you relentlessly charge and pound the living s*** outta every enemy on site, kills enemy regardless of HP or STA.
This SUV cost 5000 Meseta to activate. n.n;

Hows that?

batokage
Apr 27, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm lovin the nunchaku and tonfa ideas. I'm suprised no one has expanded on these. (plus why is everyone freakin out? if they wanted to add more weps, SEGA could just extend the wep list to the right couldn't they? I mean if they can change up a weapon's combo, that shouldn't be THAT hard)

Tonfa -
1 handed melee wep
ATP = somewhere between sabers and daggers
ATA = more than sabers, claws, and daggers
# of hits in basic combo - 3
atk speed - about as fast as the normal female claw combo
AVAILABLE TO:
S - PT, fF, AF
A - FG, GT, AT
Extra Info - A more defensive wep than the other single handed weps. has superior ata over the other close range single weps. Has about the same atk range as the dagger. Made to ensure you get hits in if you need to get in close to the enemy.

Twin Tonfas -
2 handed melee wep
ATP = between twin sabers and twin daggers
ATA = more than the other twin weps
# of hits in basic combo - 6
atk speed - about the same as the female normal twin claw combo
AVAILABLE TO:
S - PT, fF
A - FG, AF
Extra Info - Another defensive weapon, supposed to be most reliable melee wep as far as ata goes. Moderately fast combo. Enemy targeting works like all the other twin melee weps

Nunchaku -
2 handed melee wep (one nunchaku using two hands)
ATP = slightly less than twin daggers
ATA = less a little less than twin daggers
# of hits in basic combo - 8
atk speed - fast. a tad faster than the twin dagger combo (remember the wild speed of nunchaku attacks)
AVAILABLE TO:
S - fF, AF
A - PT, FG, AT
Extra info - fastest weapon availbale with the most hits in a basic combo, so of course it needs to have less atp than the twin daggers.

If anyone thinks these sounds good, I'll expand oon them with stuff like combo descriptions and PA info.

Weeaboolits
Apr 28, 2007, 02:09 AM
I still want an Eclipse Cannon SUV.

chaostroop
Apr 28, 2007, 04:05 AM
mabey the slot is for a new super class that can only use that wepon (i have no idea what it would be) maby a book of magic that kills ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryoten
Apr 28, 2007, 09:59 AM
Still going on the idea on kick grives.

1st pa attack: Keeps kicking the enemy then end with a sweep.
2nd attack: Jump up towards the enemy to do air attacks & end with a powerful backflip kick.
3rd attack: After landing from backflip, charge toward enemy with a powerful flying kick.

Thats just one of my ideas.

Gryffin
Apr 28, 2007, 10:15 AM
On 2007-04-27 21:16, batokage wrote:
I'm lovin the nunchaku and tonfa ideas. I'm suprised no one has expanded on these. (plus why is everyone freakin out? if they wanted to add more weps, SEGA could just extend the wep list to the right couldn't they? I mean if they can change up a weapon's combo, that shouldn't be THAT hard)

Tonfa -
1 handed melee wep
ATP = somewhere between sabers and daggers
ATA = more than sabers, claws, and daggers
# of hits in basic combo - 3
atk speed - about as fast as the normal female claw combo
AVAILABLE TO:
S - PT, fF, AF
A - FG, GT, AT
Extra Info - A more defensive wep than the other single handed weps. has superior ata over the other close range single weps. Has about the same atk range as the dagger. Made to ensure you get hits in if you need to get in close to the enemy.

Twin Tonfas -
2 handed melee wep
ATP = between twin sabers and twin daggers
ATA = more than the other twin weps
# of hits in basic combo - 6
atk speed - about the same as the female normal twin claw combo
AVAILABLE TO:
S - PT, fF
A - FG, AF
Extra Info - Another defensive weapon, supposed to be most reliable melee wep as far as ata goes. Moderately fast combo. Enemy targeting works like all the other twin melee weps

Nunchaku -
2 handed melee wep (one nunchaku using two hands)
ATP = slightly less than twin daggers
ATA = less a little less than twin daggers
# of hits in basic combo - 8
atk speed - fast. a tad faster than the twin dagger combo (remember the wild speed of nunchaku attacks)
AVAILABLE TO:
S - fF, AF
A - PT, FG, AT
Extra info - fastest weapon availbale with the most hits in a basic combo, so of course it needs to have less atp than the twin daggers.

If anyone thinks these sounds good, I'll expand oon them with stuff like combo descriptions and PA info.

Now, I love PT's alot... but in case you haven't noticed, they only get the BIG ginormous weapons...not fast ones.

Sorrrrry =[

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
I'm still thinking of katanas as the last slot. Well, I already said 3 hits in a combo, 2-handed, has 2nd highest ATP only to the axe, has the ability to pierce through enemy's defense similar to a longbow. It will be S ranked by Fortefighters and Acrofighters, and they'll be the ONLY ones with access to these. >=)
The holder will run around with the sword sheathed, not drawn out. For attack animation:
1. User draws katana out of sheathe and does a horizontal slash in the same movement, battoujutsu style
2. Upward slash
3. Downward slash

For its PA -
Part 1. Draws katana, does like a series of slashes
Part 2. Another series of slashes
Part 3. Puts katana back into the scabbard, and draws it out in order to do one POWERFUL Battoujutsu style slash that does like 1000 damage or so to like maybe 2 or 3 targets.

Ryoten
Apr 28, 2007, 10:33 AM
Let me add another pa to your idea Shiro...

1st attack: Repeatly slice up the enemy, then sheath sword
2nd attack: Quickly dashes through enemies about four times. *Depending on how many*
3rd attack: On last attack, character sheath sword(s) as enemies are sliced in half. *If you go over their hp limit* If enemies still have hp left, they fly into the air.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 28, 2007, 10:51 AM
For an ultimate Katana PA, this may seem broken but:
1st and only attack: Battoujutsu stance, takes like 3 seconds for the user to draw the sword and attack, when it attacks, its like blindingly fast and it only hits one monster, the monster stands still after getting hit, and the user slowly returns the sword to its sheathe, and the monster instantly dies as soon as the sword is put back into its sheathe. Uses like maybe 50-100 PP per use. t can attack bigger enemies. 10- can kill little things, humanoid things, and cows. 11+, it can kill bigger things like kog nadds, robots, jarbas, vil de bears, etc. 21+ kills tengohgs, gol dovas, svaltuses. 31+ it just goes faster or something.

EDIT = after the enemies get hit by this PA, they would fall apart in pieces at the same exact moment that the user puts the sword back into its sheathe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-04-28 08:54 ]</font>

batokage
Apr 28, 2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I know PTs wouldn't get the nunchakus but I think the tonfas are an excellent idea. I mean the fists aren't heavy weapons right? Aaaaaand since PTs get shot in the gut stat-wise at PT one, wouldn't it be fair to give them at least ONE more close range weapon, so they don't feel like an extension of fortegunner? I'm not saying PTs should get any exclusive weps. Hey, seeing EX traps nearly made me cream my pants, so I'm not asking for more individualism. just another option in close combat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: batokage on 2007-04-28 15:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: batokage on 2007-04-28 15:02 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Apr 28, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:06, Kimil wrote:
Somethign has been bugging me about the Weapon types in this picture:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/Illumines03.jpg

Notice... at the very bottom right there is a space open? Could sega be holding back a new weapon type from us? Or is there simply nothing in that space?.

Most likely the later... so here's what this topic is about; create your own weapon type to put in that slot.
Melee, Ranged, TECH or a mix of them: it doesn't matter. Just brainstorm and see what we can come up with.

Why do this? Notice people were writting on this board about wanting Whips, left hand casting weps and Slicers, Rabol in PSU... Look what they pu into PSU AoI. this is really a tiny hope that sega will see what we write and consider it ( not likely ).

WEAPON IDEA:

Name: Seals/Arcane
Type: TECH
Discription:
A glove casting weapon: one for each hand.
Can hold up to 2 TECHs. Why only two?

This weapon would have the option to cast the two techs at the same time ( 1 slot ), or cast them seperatively ( 2 slots ). Also bringing back an idea from PSO4, the fourth slot would be for a special attack that merges the two techs to create a new tech if they were compatible.

The individual casting options would work like any wand cast with the same speed. The double cast option would cost the average PP of the two techs but would be as slow as a Rod cast. And the Merge option, when availble, would cost 4 times the average PP of the two techs and would take twice as long as the double cast. But the merge tech would be a new tech, Ultimate tech.

Ex:
button 1 : Digaz
button 2 : Rentis
button 3 : Digaz+Rentis
button 4 : Rengaz ( merge spell ) <- Self-effecting only: Creates 6 rings that bounce any damage that hits the caster back to the enemy until the 6 rings are gone.

Ex2:
button 1 : Foie
button 2 : Diga
button 3 : Foie+Diga
button 4 : unavaible, no merge TECH with this combo

Stats:
This wep would have lower TP and PP than the rod but more than the Wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-22 16:07 ]</font>
take a look at the old wep things, there was a space the machine gun. but really, did anything change there?

SStrikerR
Apr 28, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-04-28 08:18, Shiroryuu wrote:
I'm still thinking of katanas as the last slot. Well, I already said 3 hits in a combo, 2-handed, has 2nd highest ATP only to the axe, has the ability to pierce through enemy's defense similar to a longbow. It will be S ranked by Fortefighters and Acrofighters, and they'll be the ONLY ones with access to these. >=)
The holder will run around with the sword sheathed, not drawn out. For attack animation:
1. User draws katana out of sheathe and does a horizontal slash in the same movement, battoujutsu style
2. Upward slash
3. Downward slash

For its PA -
Part 1. Draws katana, does like a series of slashes
Part 2. Another series of slashes
Part 3. Puts katana back into the scabbard, and draws it out in order to do one POWERFUL Battoujutsu style slash that does like 1000 damage or so to like maybe 2 or 3 targets.

im really sorry for the double post, but anywayz, omfg your idea is awesome right there, except i think maybe fighs should get them too, because katanas are (what ive seen) fast,slim, and PRETTY powerful, which would be great for fighgunners.
altough i hate games where it's sheathed until you attack, so i say maybe you could hold it kind of like a saber, i cant describe it.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2007, 12:44 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/excalibolg.png

Zorafim
Apr 29, 2007, 12:46 AM
Partisans
One handed spears
Photons shields
Dual slicers
Dual mech guns
Single/twin axe

chaostroop
Apr 29, 2007, 12:47 AM
I think it's gonna be a two handed gun, of some kind. That way, the Handgun will be pushed down onto the shadoog, and the shadoog will fall into the tech row, where it (sorta..) belongs. Although, with the slicer, the whole thing is thrown out of whack. They need to expand it, re organize it, and add lotsa weapons. Here are a few weapons I think would be pretty Hawt.

Idea's for the weapon...?

(The charts for the PA's are for the elemental PA's only, not for anyones idea of ult PA's.)

Windmill Shuriken (Two-handed Ranged weapon)

A shuriken carried by the center, it is thrown lightly in front of the user and returns. It's PA's are elemental, but as they level, they level, different effects come into play.
Lvl 1-10: Thrown from the left, flies from the front in the range of a mechgun or so, and returns.
Lvl 11-20: The shuriken emits an aura of the element of the bullet, mainly just for show. (Status effect 2)
Lvl 21-30: The shuriken develops a knockback, minor, but still there.
Lvl 31-40: Nothing major. (Status effect 3)

Dual Mechguns (Two handed Ranged weapon)

The rebirth of the PSO mechs, but with the new shooting style. Used in the same fashion as the mechs, you hold, they shoot. But TWICE the PP, or more. The firing rate is a bit slower, and the power is a bit lower as well. The PA's are the same, just elements.
Lvl 1-10: Status Effect 1
Lvl 11-20: +10% Accuracy
Lvl 21-30: Status Effect 2
Lvl 31-40: +5% Accuracy

Attack-
Reaper Slice-

Attack-
Sheild Slugger:
(More idea's are welcome<3)

Im sure I'll think of a few more weapons later, I'll post'em later <3

u stole the windmill sureken from that ninga game

chaostroop
Apr 29, 2007, 12:52 AM
i think its a 4 ended blade like 2 double sabers on each other thats a force wepone that u can throw like a boomerang and can fire techs quick but for aot of TP

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2007, 02:59 AM
I want stilettos or rapiers, we need one handed thrusting weapons.

Jakosifer
Apr 29, 2007, 03:46 AM
SCYTHE!!!!! >_>

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 07:28 PM
Ahh ha ha. I know what shields need to do.

They need to stop an attack dead when it hits the shield--megid dissipates, dambarta stops going any further, etc. That way, when an ally is defenseless (i.e., frozen), you can stand in front of them, activate your shield, and know that even if you don't make it out, they will.

It'd totally complete the knight-in-shining-armour package.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
make the sheild continuously deplete PP while active or when struck based on damage. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-04-29 17:30, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
make the sheild continuously deplete PP while active or when struck based on damage. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, of course. But you've gotta be able to protect the people behind you with it. The fT's'll love you and you'll get all the chicks.

Sinue_v2
Apr 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
Dual Slicers

Kimil
Apr 29, 2007, 07:51 PM
I love the sheild Idea...

So... My Ideas for Sheild PAs :

Normal attack

Block
- cut all damage to the user in half
- Does not use PP

PAs - Melee Class

Wall - 1*

Lvl 1 - 10
- Shield blocks all damage to the user and those behind in close range behind the user, as long as the button is held and PP remains.

Lvl 11 - 20
- Same thign but a larger AoE

Lvl 21 - 30
- Same thing but a larger AoE

Barrier - 4*

Lvl 1 - 10
- Sheild creates a sphere around the user that cuts all damage in half and prevents death to those within the radius as long as the button is held and PP remains

Lvl 11 - 20

Lvl 21 - 30

Reflector - 7* - ult PA, 75 Frags

Lvl 1 - 10
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest enemy for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

Lvl 11 - 20
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest 3 enemies for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

Lvl 21 - 30
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest 5 enemies for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-29 17:52 ]</font>

Gryffin
Apr 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-04-28 22:47, chaostroop wrote:

u stole the windmill sureken from that ninga game

o.O I dunno whatchoo talking about..

I've heard of it before, but that was from a show (Naruto, lolz) but not a game..

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-04-29 17:51, Kimil wrote:
I love the sheild Idea...

So... My Ideas for Sheild PAs :

Normal attack

Block
- cut all damage to the user in half
- Does not use PP

PAs - Melee Class

Wall - 1*

Lvl 1 - 10
- Shield blocks all damage to the user and those behind in close range behind the user, as long as the button is held and PP remains.

Lvl 11 - 20
- Same thign but a larger AoE

Lvl 21 - 30

Barrier - 4*

Lvl 1 - 10
- Sheild creates a sphere around the user that cuts all damage in half and prevents death to those within the radius as long as the button is held and PP remains

Lvl 11 - 20

Lvl 21 - 30

Reflector - 7* - ult PA, 75 Frags

Lvl 1 - 10
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest enemy for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

Lvl 11 - 20
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest 3 enemies for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

Lvl 21 - 30
- All damage to the user is bounced back at the closest 5 enemies for double its worth as long as the button is held and PP remains. User still takes half the damage

Beautiful.

Since these are things made to be used on the fly, however, I'd consider dispelling with following the normal attack/skill routine. Instead, I'd give them PAs which are equipped like bullets and fully replace the normal effect when used, and the shield, including any equipped PA, is automatically activated whenever you hold the button to switch to your left-hand weapon--the idea being, all you have to do is reflexively reach for one button in order to shield yourself and your allies, instead of having to switch and then hit.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2007, 08:09 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/hazelanimenut/ElementalGeladeCover.jpg
Grappling hooks (even as just a whip).

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/NarutoKunaiShuriken.jpg
Kunai and Shuriken.

http://www.saiyanarena.com/images/narutoweapon/senbon.jpg
Senbon.

http://www.fit-senior.com/acatalog/proforce_1823.jpg
Shuko.

Edit: Resized

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-04-29 18:12 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 29, 2007, 08:20 PM
I believe shields should be something a hunter can activate if they know they're going to get hit, but can't do anything about it. Examples are earthquakes which, even though you see it coming from a mile away, you can't do anything about them. These agitate me so much, and an ability to do something about them would be incredible.
An ability to prevent stuns would be nice as well, so I can stop using ten PAs before a single one of them is successful on a B rank mission.

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:20, Zorafim wrote:
I believe shields should be something a hunter can activate if they know they're going to get hit, but can't do anything about it. Examples are earthquakes which, even though you see it coming from a mile away, you can't do anything about them. These agitate me so much, and an ability to do something about them would be incredible.
An ability to prevent stuns would be nice as well, so I can stop using ten PAs before a single one of them is successful on a B rank mission.

Hence why I suggest their activation, as well as activation of whatever PA may be equipped to it, be simplified to simply going for the "offhand weapon" button.

And c'mon. Putting protecting others in the package just makes it sexy.

Zorafim
Apr 29, 2007, 08:25 PM
I agree, a PSU version of FFXI's Cover would make me happy. Of course, they'd have to make a new job that specializes in shields to make that work (let's call it spartan, because we all know that spartans are cool now).

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:25, Zorafim wrote:
I agree, a PSU version of FFXI's Cover would make me happy. Of course, they'd have to make a new job that specializes in shields to make that work (let's call it spartan, because we all know that spartans are cool now).

I'd suggest "Fortefighter," but Fortefighters don't get the S-rank sabers to equip across from them. Shit.

Wait. Fortefighter, and Fortefighters get the S-rank sabers to equip across from them. Pure sex.

Zorafim
Apr 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
But then we won't have a new job to introduce the one handed spear weapons ; ;

Gryffin
On 2007-04-29 18:28, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-04-29 18:25, Zorafim wrote:

I'd suggest "Fortefighter," but Fortefighters don't get the S-rank sabers to equip across from them. Shit.

Wait. Fortefighter, and Fortefighters get the S-rank sabers to equip across from them. Pure sex.

Im confused now!!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Weeaboolits
Altruism pwns.

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:31, Zorafim wrote:
But then we won't have a new job to introduce the one handed spear weapons ; ;

I again submit Fortefighter.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:55, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-04-29 18:31, Zorafim wrote:
But then we won't have a new job to introduce the one handed spear weapons ; ;I again submit Fortefighter.Acrofighter! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Apr 29, 2007, 09:28 PM
Acrofighters are evasive. In other words, they run away. Leave the real fighting to the sexy, manly men like myself!

Allison_W
Apr 29, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-04-29 19:28, Parn wrote:
Acrofighters are evasive. In other words, they run away. Leave the real fighting to the sexy, manly men like myself!

Compromise: leave the real fighting to the sexy, manly women.

VanHalen
Apr 29, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-04-29 19:51, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-04-29 19:28, Parn wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
Pssh, yeah right, Acrofighters run away? The one who single handedly killed Manbearpig was an Acrofighter, I bet that'll change your opinion of them.

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-04-29 19:51, Allison_W wrote:

Paranoia: Tynselle sneezes with a slightly disgruntled look, as if somebody made a direct comment about her lesser developed features.

Paramedic
Apr 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-04-30 07:46, Shiroryuu wrote:
Pssh, yeah right, Acrofighters run away? The one who single handedly killed Manbearpig was an Acrofighter, I bet that'll change your opinion of them.

This statement makes me want to marry an Acrofighter.

Kimil
May 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.bishopmuseum.org/exhibits/pastExhibits/1997/treasures/large_images/WEAPON.jpeg

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.house-of-mysterious-secrets.com/images/shaun12figure.jpg
How's that for a slice of fried gold?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-05-01 10:57 ]</font>

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 01:01 PM
Shaun of the Dead ftw.

I would love that as a Twin Saber. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 01:51 PM
the gun Laia had.

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2007, 02:09 PM
From the AoI opening? It looked like the Extra Mode S-Rank shotty to me.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 03:21 PM
like, a huge mech-gun...like a Photon Turret.

Mwabwetumba
May 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
Photon mace, pure and simple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:51, Mwabwetumba wrote:
Photon mace, pure and simple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Only if it is metal, with photonic spikes...xD

Or something

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lyrix
May 1, 2007, 06:23 PM
it may be common, but i would rip out the souls of thousands for a non-magic scythe

Cz
May 1, 2007, 06:46 PM
if Sega can make weapon this big, then i will be shock...not the SUV but the weapon itself..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1340/miyu8djyu6.gif

i was hoping they add a scythe-type of weapon. I mean it just looks nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/1862/unsorted1mh0.jpg

waltz
May 1, 2007, 06:54 PM
The Axel factor(pso) for finding rares >_>

Jeremiah
May 1, 2007, 07:20 PM
Though by no means practical for the game's structure I think it would be fun to have some sort of a time stop move/device.

Then make all the colors invert, give me throwing knives and I can scream "WRRRRRRRRY" in good reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeremiah on 2007-05-01 17:21 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 1, 2007, 08:37 PM
who says sega's gonna put something there? look at the old weapons thing, machinegun wuz all alone, did sega hide anything, nope?

Sazan
May 2, 2007, 05:47 AM
I like the katana thing. But you don't get any PA for it. Instead of that you can link 1 or 2 techs to it.
PT get S and WT A rank. So PT will at least be able to use their LV 5 Force part (they should get LV 20 attack and heal techs).

Ninja-style!!

SStrikerR
May 2, 2007, 05:50 AM
On 2007-05-02 03:47, Sazan wrote:
I like the katana thing. But you don't get any PA for it. Instead of that you can link 1 or 2 techs to it.
PT get S and WT A rank. So PT will at least be able to use their LV 5 Force part (they should get LV 20 attack and heal techs).

Ninja-style!!

no, thats just dumb.

Lyrix
May 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
i want a glove weapon, no big blocky fists. and instead of linking PA's, you link a style with a special attack. that could work for some varied attacks instead of the same old crap >.<

Ravennittes
May 2, 2007, 07:39 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5198/picture2jg1.png

Gunblade anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ravennittes on 2007-05-02 17:39 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 2, 2007, 07:54 PM
The last weapon type shall be...

a cardboard box...X rank for fighgunners only ^.^

Thrash777
May 2, 2007, 08:01 PM
Y'see!? The gunblade fans are not alone! That's 3 of us that have mentioned them now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

vfloresjr24
May 2, 2007, 08:43 PM
The weapons I like to see is the gunblade, scythe(sp?) and the katanas(saber types not swords). I miss those last two weapons from pso. =(

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2007, 08:50 PM
It'd bee cool if they had a set of weapons that looked like the PSO weapons, Pioneer maybe? I'd love to have a PSO style longsword in PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tsavo
May 2, 2007, 10:15 PM
Gunblade wouldn't be a bad idea. I could see GRM making something like Temjin's main weapon in Virtual On.

Nia
May 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
as a fortefighter its hard for me to pass on the whole melee wepon idea, but i HONESTLY think forces need more weapons. that said, i would like to suggest an entirely DIFFERENT idea for a weapon... Aura Element

imagine something similar to the blackheart but it would work like this:

around your feet, surrounding your character, ice/fire/etc is contiuously being emitted. the effect would work much like the new EX traps. As you run around you leave a trail of the particular element, say, 15 feet long. Not only would it look sick, but it would lend a lot to strategy. So the player would see a grouping and run around the holding the button to lay out a circular "trap" for the enemies....

what do you think?

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-05-02 20:29, Nia wrote:
as a fortefighter its hard for me to pass on the whole melee wepon idea, but i HONESTLY think forces need more weapons. that said, i would like to suggest an entirely DIFFERENT idea for a weapon... Aura Element

imagine something similar to the blackheart but it would work like this:

around your feet, surrounding your character, ice/fire/etc is contiuously being emitted. the effect would work much like the new EX traps. As you run around you leave a trail of the particular element, say, 15 feet long. Not only would it look sick, but it would lend a lot to strategy. So the player would see a grouping and run around the holding the button to lay out a circular "trap" for the enemies....

what do you think?

That made me think of paraloops.

Nia
May 2, 2007, 10:33 PM
that made me wonder what paraloops are...

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2007, 10:38 PM
Paraloop is attack in NiGHTS where you encircle an enemy, creating a small explosion to destroy it.

Nia
May 2, 2007, 10:42 PM
OH YEAH! damn! way to go back in time! but yea thats pretty much exactly what i was getting at.

Gryffin
May 3, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-05-02 20:15, Tsavo wrote:
Gunblade wouldn't be a bad idea. I could see GRM making something like Temjin's main weapon in Virtual On.

Yaaaaaaa......no. Never...ever..ever. Gunblades are a negative, 'cause there really isn't really a good way to run it. I mean, it'd more than likely be 1 handed, and then want, pair it with a handgun? I can understand not pairing it but still. I love gunblades alot, trust me (I have a Miniature pendant gunblade, A Squall figure with a gunblade, and yeah.) Anyways, It just wouldn't work out too well...

Moose.

batokage
May 6, 2007, 07:54 PM
I dunno, I think gunblades really could work.

Imagine:
Gunblade - 2 Handed Weapon
GRM product design-
looks kind of like Squall's gunblade. in appearance looks like a short cross between hanzo and tenora 6* swords with a gun handle and a gun barrel extending about 3/4 of the blade's length
Tenora works product design-
takes more of a wild arms 2 appearance with a bigger photon blade and gun barrels on both sides that extend less than 1/4 the blade's length
Class Availability -
S: FG PT
A: fF fG GT

Basic Combo -
1st hit: right step forward with rising slash from left to right
2nd hit: left step forward with horizontal slash from right to left
3rd hit: step forward with a spin while doing a powerful overhead slash from upper left to bottom right

PA idea:
lv 1-10
a quick dash forward with a powerful overhead slash (right to left), causing an explosion on contact (like a critical hit from FFVIII). The explosion causes flinching on smaller monsters
lv 11-20
extends the duration of the initial dash to add a follow up explosive overhead slash (left to right) after the first one. This one cause knockdown on small monsters and stuns/knocks over large ones.
lv 21-30
character plants both feet side by side (facing monsters) and lets loose a final explosion with gunblade pointed straight ahead. Cause knockback/blowout damage that sends small enemies flying and knocks over/ stuns large monsters.

I think this sounds like an awesome weapon, and I'd gladly put at least two in my wep palette. (why S for PT? because a gunblade is an experimental weapon, and PTs get S ranks of all their weps in AoI)

Ravennittes
May 6, 2007, 07:59 PM
Don't forget the move at 31-40 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Here's what I'd like to see as a PA (at least part of one):

A dash forward stabbing into the enemy then pulling the trigger while still imbedded in said enemy (can't be blocked).

batokage
May 6, 2007, 08:21 PM
hmm...sounds a bit excessive, but I think it could work. the stab would have to come before the final explosion though. I suppose it could be the first PA to advance after lv 21. Maybe the stab and explosion could be combined as a last step added at lv 31 (lv 21 would just get a power boost)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: batokage on 2007-05-06 18:22 ]</font>

Lyrix
May 6, 2007, 08:55 PM
i dont see what the obsession with gunblades is, it doesnt even shoot anything, its a saber that can explode rounds in the chamber. Maybe as a rare saber with an effect, but other than that, whats the point?

Kimil
May 6, 2007, 09:37 PM
There's one problem with gunblades... Copyright infringements

VanHalen
May 6, 2007, 09:53 PM
Well if it is what I want as in anything I want this.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Envy_06/103_3389_temjin.jpg

Though it probably wouldn't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Next sequel Temjin. Next sequel.

I want a sytche like this one
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Envy_06/anime132au.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-05-06 19:54 ]</font>

batokage
May 8, 2007, 01:41 AM
how is it copyright infringement? It doesn't have to work exactly like a FFVIII gunblade. I mean, wild Arms 2 came out before FFVIII right? the main character had a sweet looking oversized bayonet blade that was bigger than his actual rifle, which I called a gunblade. I'm thinking more about blade with a short range gun attached to it. It couldn't possible work as a rare saber. it must be a two handed weapon, else it would be to powerful (when mixed with a left hand weapon).

ShadowDragon28
May 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
That's one cute Jewish Grim Reaper Anime Girl... ^_^;

kietsurayne
May 8, 2007, 04:20 AM
spoiler-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
whips are in the expansion.. just so you know check some of the vids... thats ur space

Zarbolord
May 8, 2007, 04:35 AM
How about the Moo Staff? It goes moo every time you hit.

Ravennittes
May 8, 2007, 05:04 AM
Copyright infringement my ass. I've seen it in many games, and most recently, ing .hack//Roots (that's where the picture on last page is from).

Libram
May 8, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-05-08 02:20, kietsurayne wrote:
spoiler-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
whips are in the expansion.. just so you know check some of the vids... thats ur space

If you look at the first post then you may notice a symbol for the whip already in there.

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 10:06 AM
I want boomerangs like in PSIV, those are fun.

Dhylec
May 8, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-05-08 08:06, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I want boomerangs like in PSIV, those are fun.

Slicers are the closet things to that now.

Kimil
May 8, 2007, 10:17 AM
Slicers are too close to th idea of Gunblades in how they are melee with long range for both the weapons to exit in the gam at the same time.

Silcers are also too close to the idea of boomerangs for the boomerage to have a real use in the game.

Blame Slicers? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Weeaboolits
May 8, 2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I agree that they wouldn't stand a chance due to their similarity to slicers, but still, twin boomerangs would be fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif