PDA

View Full Version : How Satisfied are you with new updates?

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:36 PM
Lately the updates have not seemed is interesting, considering the clothes in my opinion look terrible and you have them saying new Weapons and haven't seen or heard of anyting. 10* Shotgun maybe??? Not sure, all i know is sega is boring me with their --- updates.

Oo a new story mission and a GM Event, i'm so excited!! NOT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-22 18:00 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
stop posting new topics please v.v i know it's new user syndrome but yeah >.>

you are pushing down more valuable threads... please just think before posting a new topic or at least give it some space..like a day or two...

Ravennittes
Apr 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
I want A grinder boards. Wonder when they're gunna come out... Waiting for some good S2's to arrive... What I really want won't be available for another 6 months or more.

RJBeAsTs
Apr 22, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-04-22 16:39, DurakkenX wrote:
stop posting new topics please v.v i know it's new user syndrome but yeah >.>

you are pushing down more valuable threads... please just think before posting a new topic or at least give it some space..like a day or two...

i can if i want now go post in the rant forums

Ash1ey
Apr 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
As long as i have friends, I don't give a shit about updates really. The updates just give me more things to do with my friends, so therefore, I am content with them

Kylie
Apr 22, 2007, 06:48 PM
The pace that the updates come at seems a little ridiculous at times. Where are A Grinders? Why are we waiting two months for two outfits? etc. But everything else like the level cap, more challenging missions, etc., I can wait for since they come as most people are getting to the level that they need in order to use whatever.

Kimil
Apr 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
I just want AoI. So, I wont be satisfied till then

Nobo
Apr 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
WHEN WILL GRINDER As COME OUT THE JAPANESE HAVE HAD THEM SINCE DECEMBER!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? dum updaters!!

Cz
Apr 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
they need to add S2 with level 100+ monsters now!!!

Turbobrain
Apr 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
Personally, I am getting a bit sick at the way Sega treat non-Japenese customers.... Not well at all. I was watching some interviews from Sega project managers that happened to be on a recent Euro release.... all sub-titled Japanese which was weird considering I know at least one spoke English.

On the interview one guy said America was very lucky to even get PSIV even though originally it cost $100! What can you say? I know there is still a certain amount of Xenophobia amongst some Japanese.

Turbobrain
Apr 22, 2007, 08:17 PM
I just say this as I can not think of any reason why the non Jap servers are running so late or in some circumstances missing entire segments. Other than plain apathy. Surely they make enough $ from subs? Blizzard do a far better job with expedentially more suscribers. As for GM's I've not to sure what they do other than give away Easter eggs and make special appearences for er.... photos. If Sega are serious about making this work they best buck up their ideas. At least outside Japan!

Golto
Apr 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
We'll have to see what is in and how long the update after the 27th. Good: 2 weeks and Mad Beasts and Rainbow Beast S2 (lvl 100+ monsters = srank new board drops not from boss box http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif). Bad: 3 weeks just for Holy Ground S2(no lvl 100+ monsters).

Mikura
Apr 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
Most of the updates have been really disappointing but they don't make the game for me so I can deal with it. Friends are what are most important to me.

Oh and btw Turbobrain, I totally agree with you on our poor treatment compared to the Japanese players. That will always irk me that we're never on equal grounds.

Rashiid
Apr 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
im koo w/ em.

Lamak
Apr 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
I live through it, but I feel like they are stealing $5 from me.

ShidenTsu14
Apr 22, 2007, 09:08 PM
EXTREMELY AGGREVATING!

If this game wasnt so damn fun, then i would have quit long ago becaus eof the lacklust updates. And lately, there hasnt been anything worthwhile since march break!

shotsfired
Apr 22, 2007, 09:20 PM
I hate the fact that I love this game so much, cause this crap they are withholding is GD ridiculous. was really burns my cornhole is that I pay 10 a month. but I do really love this game, I just want more..... levels, wepons, etc.

Gryffin
Apr 22, 2007, 09:23 PM
Im not satisfied. IT TAKES FOREVER.

I mean, seriously. THE EXPANSION IS IN THE BETA PHASES. And supposedly were not even through 50% of the data?!

Seriously ST, just unlock 35% of it, like next week, and then go back to your 5% unlocks ever 2 weeks.

Siertes
Apr 22, 2007, 09:23 PM
It would be nice to have a little more to do in between people on my partner cards list using me for their hunts.

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm satisfied only because I got my digiel set. I'd love more story missions, or the same amount except something happens for once, as well as something to hunt every now and then without devoting my life to it *coughrarespawnscough*
If I was one of the "nothing to wear" club, then I'd complain too.

amtalx
Apr 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
I think its pretty lame that ST is making us pay for content that has already been created. It would be one thing if they were adding original content every month, but they are just giving us access to material that is already present on the disc. BOOOO Sega.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
the coding may be preset on the disc but they have to modify it and update how it will interface with the rest of the game. What is on the disc is the basics what you are paying for is the intergration of the basics amoungst themselves and the players. They modify some of the data to make up for the shortcomings of certain classes or overbarrence of other classes so that it is more of a balanced game as it is rolled out. Just because it is on the disc doesnt mean it is finsihed data

Wolfie_Rustin
Apr 23, 2007, 12:10 AM
It's fine, But I'm still not Fully Satisfied.

Gemel
Apr 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
Meh, updates are cool. Atleast they update the game.

Yes Im a half full person.

AL1ST0R
Apr 23, 2007, 12:16 AM
I like so many others feel that the japanese gets better treatment then everyone else. Let's face it there snobs, and they feel there better then us. and they are stealing our money and laughing in our faces at the same time. I mean the japanese had f,ing "A" grinders since lvl 70 cap ! ! here we are lvl 80 cap about to be pushed to 90 cap and still no f,ing "A" grinders and the japanese already has way more s weapons and not to mention more stuff relased then we can ever possible dream about.

i feel like we should all write a mass letter do st and demand more better and fair trement and since we can't call them cause there basiclly don't have a customer support. {feels like i'm back in the stone age where cave men bang 2 rocks together to communicate -_-} we all should mass e:mail them and demand better service and treatment because let's face it people, there pocketing our hard erarned money and lauging in our faces. and i for one am tired of it! ! i written my mail 10 mins ago about this same subject, HAVE YOU WRITTEN YOURS ?

AL1STOR

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AL1ST0R on 2007-04-22 22:20 ]</font>

Mod Edit: Racial slurs are a no-no.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-22 22:29 ]</font>

Gemel
Apr 23, 2007, 12:19 AM
PSU is way more popular in Japan than it is here. And the game comes from their country so they are going to get the upper hand in updates and stuff.

But it IS unfair that they get A Grinders, those bastards!!

Vaxillus
Apr 23, 2007, 12:22 AM
I don't see any real discrepancy between they treat the US and Japan in the way of updates. The game came out earlier there, of course they get stuff first.

What bothers me is how blatantly obvious is is that they'rejust milking users for their money. I can understand adding the weapons and even a level cap slowly for ballance reasons, but missions and clothing are a totally different story. Both should have been present in the game from Day 1, and other aspects should have been added sooner. I still enjoy the game, but that doesn't keep me from feeling cheated by a greedy game company. There are plenty of other ways to keep people playing.

Yago2
Apr 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
The updates are fine, they could be better.

AL1ST0R
Apr 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
i dunno for some odd reason i feel like there using us for our money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i just feel really hurt when a gaming company forgets why they started making games in the first place.there are so many flaws in psu it's not funny and i don't mean game wise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Take for exp our "supposed" gm's wtf are they i never see them and when i do see then it's some crappy a$$ event that sega therw together to keep us quite for another month.

Then the gm's come says hi fu all, takes pics for 15mins and there gone like the wind again.st really needs to have real gm's in the game that's knows wtf there doing. and as so the update goes, someone said it best in this topic. why is it that st already has the beta for the expantion going on in japan but yet where not even 50% therw the update cycle? someone over at st is really f,ing up with our updates or sega just dnt give to shgshfhg about us plain and simple.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-22 22:52 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm satisfied.

Midicronica
Apr 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
Not much to fuss about here. Just waiting for my GT S ranks.

FUFME
Apr 23, 2007, 12:37 AM
Not Satisfied is not even proper enough to describe how I feel. Fluffy Kittens and Bunnies is more like it.

There is gonna be like less then a handful of people left playing this game by the end of the summer the way things are moving along with slow crap updates and tons of people left

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-22 22:41 ]</font>

Tigerram
Apr 23, 2007, 01:01 AM
The updates are OK as I voted, but Sega is just plain confusing on what to do in their updates. Yes, A grinder boards, and no bases. That's just stupid. That's like adding the Ying without the Yang. I think ST needs to get the head out of their ass, and start updating a little more with common sense, so that way the litle content we get every month is more useful and um....makes them not like like a bunch of morons.

A2K
Apr 23, 2007, 01:39 AM
I'd say I was quite satisfied. If I were in charge I probably would have started with more initial content, though, and in all honesty, I'm a little tired of free missions. Some more off-beat missions like Bruce's Dungeon (like as in off-beat, not necessarily the same style as Bruce's) would be excellent.

The release schedule doesn't strike me as anything particularly unusual. Other, PC-only or otherwise hard drive-requiring games simply don't bother putting stuff on the disc, opting to withhold it and send you a 200 MB patch every couple of months. I'm actually surprised by the regularity of it; somehow it's kept pace with the Japanese releases, aside from the lack of the Ultimate Attack event, although admittedly the whole [B] Grinder A situation does seem rather strange.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-04-22 23:39, A2K wrote:
admittedly the whole [B] Grinder A situation does seem rather strange.

I'd agree, I have all these kubara a ranks, but no grinders.

Dang.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 23, 2007, 01:56 AM
I'm fairly satisfied. I do hope for some special side-story/ trippy co-op missions.

Since I play casually and dont spam the same mission 50 times a day everyday and keep my expectations at a zen-like level of *zero* I'm having lot's of fun on PSU.

I've not gotten a high enough level to play most of the S-Rank missions or no S2 missions yet.

AweOfShe
Apr 23, 2007, 01:58 AM
I'm satisfied. I have plenty to do with what's out already.

Mayu
Apr 23, 2007, 02:01 AM
On 2007-04-22 23:58, AweOfShe wrote:
I'm satisfied. I have plenty to do with what's out already.

Eleina
Apr 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
The updates are really disapointing but i remain hopeful that one day they'll get better...

Turbobrain
Apr 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
It matters not that the game came out first in Japan. As I understand it, we are paying the same money for the game, the same money for our monthly subs. As has been pointed out the data IS there, the intregration is not that difficult... especially as they've done it on the Japanese servers.

The only possible excuse is the translation. But as it's already there that does'nt hold up.

As an programmer myself I really see no reason why we are so behind. A few days, I could live with... even a few weeks... but we are talking MONTHS here. ith some content NEVER even appearing.

Still it's a comfort to know that there billing system is right on cue when it comes to payments.

To mention GM's(again) WHAT do they actually do? There is certainly much they can do. On PSU there are not too many people or situations that I feel deserve the intevention of a GM but it there HAVE been occasions. Instead they are modelling or(as I said before) giving away Easter eggs....

On that note I wonder what the Japanese GM's get up to....

And why do I put up with it? Well because like many others I like the game. A lot. However I would'nt hold my breath considering I remember well how Sega treated the PSO server(not good).

I really hope someone from Sega sees these threads as I think my view represents a vast contingent of people whom use the game.

From a business point of view, maybe they'd make more $ if they tuned up their service.

Eleina
Apr 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
On 2007-04-23 07:28, Turbobrain wrote:
To mention GM's(again) WHAT do they actually do?

GM = A player controled rappy!!! (who takes and posts occasional screenshots)

Akaimizu
Apr 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
I'm definitely good with the updates, but alas, I would guess your view on the updates is almost precisely in line with how fast you are moving, in the game. Those of us, who are moving at a pace *behind* the updates, are going to look at this in a nicer light. Of course, I'm still on the high that Tynselle finally has her Cowgirl outfit. I will put this down as probably the *best* outfit I ever got a character to wear, in any online RPG or Action/RPG I've played.

Turbobrain
Apr 23, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-04-23 07:32, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-04-23 07:28, Turbobrain wrote:
To mention GM's(again) WHAT do they actually do?

GM = A player controled rappy!!! (who takes and posts occasional screenshots)

Yep!

CyarVictor
Apr 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'm satisfied. Only thing that bugs me is drop rate and how people who work their butt off don't get shit and some random guy who does one run gets something real nice like a Halarod board.

But I'm in no rush for everything, this game is only a few months old. Seems like more players are just in it for a quick play and then move onto another. Aka consumer whores usually. Enjoy the game.

chibiLegolas
Apr 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
Their updates feel slow. But at least I'm glad that they're not totally neglecting us, like on the last PSOX days
At the same time, I feel that there's always something to do on PSU. There's plenty of missions out already. It's just that Bruce, Labs, Crimson Beast has been all played out. And there's tons of other missions I wanna play since I haven't gotten sick of them yet.
Finding willing players to do them is another matter.

There' s rare hunting. Weapon/armor making for %. Grinding. Shopping. PA leveling. etc.
As slow as the updates are, there's plenty to do as long as you pace yourself out and not burn yourself out of the game.

Neith
Apr 23, 2007, 11:48 AM
As much as I'd like to see more more S-Rank items get released, I can wait for those a bit longer.

What is annoying me is the lack of [B] Grinder A, when I have A-Rank Kubaras that, as yet, are useless.

What's also annoying is the current spammage of Crimson Beast, and nothing else. Makes it hard to get a game anywhere else. You know, like Neudaiz. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif I guess that's partly Sega's fault for drip-feeding content, but also the community for flocking to wherever the easiest Mission Points are.

I can live with what we have, and don't mind paying for it (for now), but I'm not exactly satisfied either.