PDA

View Full Version : I know they were kinda lame in Story Mode but....

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 01:10 PM
i was kinda hoping for some speeder bike races or something small like that in AoI (or even in PSU). Anyone else think that even as lame as they were in story mode, it might be fun to wager some meseta on a speeder race with yer buddies. If u wanna get really creative, custom speeders with upgradable parts that drop from robot enemies woulda been a nice touch too. I dunno, it seems like some diversion from fighting is really in need...

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
Sounds too much like a racing game, which PSU ain't. We need vehicle combat or something. Tank vs. Tank, rather than Tank going through the desert shooting rocks.

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
lol, well im only pulling this idea from the fact that it would be SUPER easy for ST to implement cuz there ARE ALREADY speeder races in story mode. So in a sense, it IS PSU....

A2K
Apr 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
The little trip mines in your path had awful collision detection or the camera was off or something--the controls could seriously use an overhaul too. I don't think the actual code for multiplayer races or upgradeable parts is in there, though. I'd imagine if they were implemented rank would be assigned by the time you took.

The vehicles overall were rather disappointing, but I do agree the diversion would be nice to have. Maybe a future patch would alleviate the camera issues (especially with the Striker tank), and perhaps some of the controls. I thought we were past the point where we used face buttons instead of analog triggers for acceleration and braking?

Akaimizu
Apr 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Floaders being used, even if they were simply used as a travel device for large levels (which of course would only be necessary until the crystal was invoked past that part). Would be a nice in-level break from the regular fighting thing. Not for the existing levels, but for one especially made to do it.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 01:27 PM
It would be nice to not need some arbitrarily-placed boost powerups just to move fast.

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
FLOADERS! THATS THE NAME I WAS LOOKIN FOR! yeah increased speed, improved handeling, and better camera as a given. Boosting capabilities and upgradable base stats could be gained from drops or purchases. HEY! the space for rent in the colony could be a Floader upgrade shop!

Cz
Apr 23, 2007, 01:38 PM
sounds cool, but i am bad at driving that vehicle. >.> i think i bump into the mines a lot and it suck...lol.

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 01:39 PM
THEN UPGRADE UR FLOADER AT THE FLOADER SHOP!! XD

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
wonder if tanks will ever hit online, like everyone gets in it, and the leader controls!
(or maybe 1st person in it)

or those dinos....

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
Or 1 person gets in the tank and the other 5 ppl try to destroy it or die trying!!!!!! O.o

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 02:02 PM
lo, make the others run....

i luved road-killing Bil De Virs in tha tanks.....

Midicronica
Apr 23, 2007, 02:05 PM
i herd 1n teh exp huemens ge7 tank5! lololloL!l!!lol1l!Ol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 02:06 PM
INDEED!!!! SQUISHY SHQISHY! lol Seriously something stipid and simple like this should be relativly easy to do and would be a fun thing to do at the end of a long run thru a planet. Get to the end of ND and have a floader race. Get to the end of MT and tank battle. Finish Parum and um... yea something else

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-04-23 12:05, Shadow_Moses wrote:
i herd 1n teh exp huemens ge7 tank5! lololloL!l!!lol1l!Ol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_salad.gif

ya 4nd liek teh nwemens gte liek teh smummens. It gnona b3 t3h 1337!!111!onehundredandeleleventhousandonehundreda ndeleven!1111!!1

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
yea funny havent head that one yet today.... anyway thats not even REMOTELY close to what im saying.....

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 02:42 PM
I think it'd be fun, detestable as they were in story... -_-'