PDA

View Full Version : AoI - Something known if there will be offline Multiplayer M

ghost_zero
Apr 23, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hi,

is there something known if the offline Multiplayer Mode (like the one in PSO) will return for PSU AoI?
Because that one I liked most in PSO...

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:12, ghost_zero wrote:
Hi,

is there something known if the offline Multiplayer Mode (like the one in PSO) will return for PSU AoI?
Because that one I liked most in PSO...

I don't believe it will.

But you never know, they haven't announced much about the offline part of the expansion.

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
God, I hope so, but I doubt it.

Akaimizu
Apr 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
I doubt it as well. Of course, the idea of raising an online character offline is dead and gone from pretty much any online game in existence. I really doubt they'll go through the trouble of trying to split-screen this game on the current systems they support.

The original PSO required a next-generation of hardware before they took the old PSO game and gave it offline multiplayer. (Mainly because even lazily programmed, the system performance leap was great enough to do it) While system link (or lan) would be a solution. They've never coded that before, not even for PSO.

WhyteTyger
Apr 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
If nothing else, I'd like to see the current Story missions available offline. It seems silly that you have to play them solo online, when they'd be PERFECT for Extra Mode. As it is Extra Mode is silly to play, since it has none of the original content of Online or Story Mode. Anyway, it probably won't happen, but we can hope so. And it would be an incentive for people to buy, for people who don't play online.

Zora
Apr 23, 2007, 10:48 PM
i actually hope they don't create an offline mode, or at least in the way your describing where you can transfer your offline grinded char to online. i think by not doing so they reduced ALOT of the cheating that would have gone on.

DarkDeception
Apr 23, 2007, 11:19 PM
On 2007-04-23 20:48, Zora wrote:
i actually hope they don't create an offline mode, or at least in the way your describing where you can transfer your offline grinded char to online. i think by not doing so they reduced ALOT of the cheating that would have gone on.

My sentiments exactly. As great as it was to play PSO offline with friends, I think PSU is doing just as good with the online mode. I never had the chance to play PSO online though so I can't properly judge.

Nuclearranger
Apr 24, 2007, 09:32 AM
Just due to lack of CPU power for the ps2 I highly doubt it.

Golto
Apr 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
No chance for offline multiplayer as long as they have to dumb it down for ps2. And you know they won't add it just for 360.

Traize
Apr 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
To be honest, I'll be happy either way as long as I get to play the story, I went & watched the trailer & now I'm all hyped up like a little kid...

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
i juss want mah 31+ techs RAWRRR

SuperChoco
Apr 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
I doubt it.

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-04-23 18:26, WhyteTyger wrote:
If nothing else, I'd like to see the current Story missions available offline. It seems silly that you have to play them solo online, when they'd be PERFECT for Extra Mode. As it is Extra Mode is silly to play, since it has none of the original content of Online or Story Mode. Anyway, it probably won't happen, but we can hope so. And it would be an incentive for people to buy, for people who don't play online.Yeah, it'd be pretty weak if people (like myself) who haven't had a chance to play offline have to miss out on half the story missions. T_T

ghost_zero
Apr 24, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-04-23 20:48, Zora wrote:

Well: I don't meant that you can transfer the characters online... I don't suggested that and I don't want it... I just want an extra offline-multiplayer-part BUT I meant with ITS OWN characters...
Because of performance: What about only XBox360 and PC? OK, this probably won't happen but...