PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE: Is there anybody else out there that is satisfied

SuperRygar
Apr 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
its really a downer to come on here and see all these threads about what sucks in the game, what should be changed, what should be added. i remember 4 months back it wasnt like this. there was lots of talk about hacking and lack of content, but that was better than what i see now...

this thread gives hope for the future, http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140620&forum=20&51

there should be a seperate section for the negative BS that gets tossed around in here :/ so much hate, i am hearby labeling this thread, POSITIVE. and no its not HIV positive >.<

how would you guys rate this game?

overall, id give it an 8
gameplay is a solid 10
replay value is well over 10
sound and music...meh, 6. probably the worst part of the game
fun factor TEN!!
content 7

anybody who has played PSO, has to agree this is a step up. PSO was fun back in the day but times have changed. at the end of the day the gameplay is the only thing that matters, and this game keeps me more than happy. does anybody else feel this way?!?!

Weeaboolits
Apr 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
I like this game, and I'm offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VanHalen
Apr 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm very satisfied with this game. It's what I expected and thensome.

Akaimizu
Apr 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
If you want to see people who are happily playing the game, the evidence is quite clear. Check out the fanmade forums, or any of these forums with all sorts of conduct where people are establishing their characters. The ones that are going on about what they want to do next, in the game. Without slapping you over the head, with a claim about how great the game is; those are still a clear indication that they are playing the game with excitement about where they're taking their characters, in said game. That is pretty much a good indication of satisfaction.

People get in discussion about what they can do in their class, and ask about weapons to try out and what they are used for. Especially the ones with experience, giving out what they've experienced with said combination. They don't go as far as trying to get indepth with the subject with no love for what their character is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-23 13:21 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Apr 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
I like the game alot. i would like it even more if more people played a variety of missions. there is actually a nice variety as compared to PSO.

the games not perfect of course, but the action is better (IMHO) than EQ2 and GW, though it's no where near as massive. i don't feel overwhelmed running around running erands for NPC's with repeated dialogs. it also doesn't take me 20 mins to meet friends for a simple 2 min mission. though PSU could def use some elements from other big name games. they could also learn a thing or two from PSU.

omegapirate2k
Apr 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty damn satisfied, I must say, not to mention the expansion, which will make me even happier with it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 03:21 PM
The only thing I hate about this game is that fact that I can't get on right now, and haven't been on for over a week. >.>;

PSU withdrawal FTL.

ashley50
Apr 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
I like the game even though it may get slow at times waiting for updates. =p
I get to socialize with other players...kinda

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 03:31 PM
no complaints here.

Shaidar
Apr 23, 2007, 03:32 PM
I wub it. Alot.

ashley50
Apr 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:32, Shaidar wrote:
I wub it. Alot.

and I hate you alot XD

Nia
Apr 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
Dont be fooled by these forums. Most of the ppl that have complaints (including my self) have logged over 800 hours by now and wouldnt have done so with a bad game. I think its BECAUSE we play so much that we have so damn many opinions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 23, 2007, 03:42 PM
If gameplay were the only thing that mattered, I'd have been long ago and returned to a lonely life of playing vastly superior games. But while the gameplay in PSU leaves a lot to be disired, it's not atrocious enough to force me to break my attachment to my character or my (decreasing number of) friends here.

Finae
Apr 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
I'm satisfied. I always got somethin to do and I don't play it hardcore like other peeps so I don't get bored. Also, what keeps me into the game is that its real time combat instead of "omg let me watch my char beat this while I press one key that I can tape down to do all the work." Sorry, I am a all time hater of anything other than real time combat system unless its a console rpg therefore every mmo out there sucks to me. Else it have to be damn well good game for me to play the point or click or watch my character beat this crap type of game (like aion for example). I had enough of that after FFXI.

villenium
Apr 23, 2007, 04:16 PM
I don't play games I don't like. I might post an opinion once and follow up to answer any questions but if all you've got to moan about is what isn't in it...well, you bought the wrong game. It sucks to be you.

PSU is offering me everything I hoped it would. I hadn't played PSO since the DC days and when I played the 360 demo, I was hooked.

DikkyRay
Apr 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
Its funny
Me and a friend went and played PSO again (zomg not telling where)
After only 10 minutes of playing me and him, almost at the same time ( i dont have a kb...) go "This owns PSU!"
Now, here was our basis- DETAIL and MUSIC
Go to forest. Look around. Creeks, butterflies, plants.
Go to ANY non-lobby in PSU. You see any of these? No
Music-wise... AoI SHOULD remake some PSO music. It is seriously lacking. PSU doesnt have wonders like tricktrack and such (Im not counting Bruce)
Oh yea, mags. Those pwned lol.
But PSU has great things as well. Customization FTW.
Axes, spears... etc etc (weapons)
Pm's are pretty fun
Customization FTW
Clothes CUSTOMI... you get it.
SUVs....

PSO and PSU shouldnt be compared, both are technically separate games, but PSO, my first PS game, is still an all-time favotire. And PSU Is all that i imagined.
Im going with your ratings http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-04-23 14:19 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 23, 2007, 04:26 PM
PSO (from vids ive seen) was a little too dark in some places, like its hard to see things.

and controls looked allot more complicated. was hard to tell rare thingz from non-rare things, since every vid i saw, my friend was like "o yeah thats the rarest gun/sword/double saber in the game" or sumthin cause of h4x.

if theyre was no h4x, i would go and try PSO

Parn
Apr 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
Do I like the game? Absolutely. Am I satisfied with it? No, only because we were promised a bunch of content, but they failed to mention that it wouldn't be available at release and would be sold as a seperate disc. It's definitely not a black and white issue. It is certainly possible to be disappointed with a game, yet still enjoy it a lot. The expansion will bring the rest of what most were expecting to get.

Serephim
Apr 23, 2007, 05:06 PM
Pretty much what Parn said.

Although i havnet played online yet, Extra mode is actully pretty awesome.

However, the main things that made PSO great are either lacking or just non existant in PSU.

Lacking :

music
weapons
diversity

Non-existant:

level design

Its really not that big a deal on first playthrough, but once you get into the game, it dawns on you that the game really ISNT as Eye pleasing as the screenshots imply.

VERY much like Sonic the Hedgehog on 360/ps3, except EVERYTHING except the character models sucked graphic wise on that game, gameplay COMPLETELY sucked, level design COMPLETELY sucked, and storyline COMPLETELY ABSOLUTELY SUCKED the c0ck.

PSU is a huge step foward for Sonic Team, but its apparent that Sonic Team arnt the masters of Level Design that they used to be. Their graphical capabilities are always pleasing, but where Sonic team succeeds in one area, their either lacking or COMPLETELY failing in another.

Phantasy Star Universe is not directed by the same person as the Sonic Games are, but it still seems to suffer the same thing.

The expansion will greatly widen this game, but not really by that much. This game needs a HUGE level design overhaul.

Now that the collision and engine have been so greatly improved from PSO, i would love to see less linear levels. The levels are almost always too wide or too long, and never the right size that they were for fighting in PSO.

Also, although this game will be GREAT for difficulty in the long run, t he idea of being able to BUY SCAPEDOLLS is the most RETARDED thing Sonic Team could have done for this game.

This game's storyline is also pretty bad/cliche/horribly delivered, but its expected of Sonic Team. The last GOOD storyline they did would be the storyline for Sonic Adventure 2, which had great delivery and animation in cutscenes and obviously a MUCH greater amount of work towards Voice Acting and motion capture than in PSU.

PSU's motion capture for the cutscenes are h o r r i b l e. The actors look like they've never done a fight scene before in their lives. (but the motion capture in the last few sonic games have sucked entirely too, mainly Sonic The Hedgehog.) Its also sad how almost everyone has the same attacking/walking/running/standing animations. Thats just lazy. I can see inthe expansion their starting to change animations for classes instead of races, so hopefully in the future, Forte classes will get more dramatic animations in the weapons their proficent at to make them even better with them.

And where's the fucking katana weapon type?

But like i said, the main letdown of this game would be its M U S I C.

Sonic Team has ALLLWAAYYSS been known for awesome level tracks, yet this game sounds like a broken record compared to the Stage music from the Sonic Games. (Note im talking about the LEVEL music and almost NEVER the theme music/song or any track with lyrics.)

As for me, the expansion hasnt even been announced for America yet, which means its a long ways away. Now they we've been shown whats there, it really saddens me that we have to endure sonic team spoon feeding everyone the content we paid for because it fails so miserbly to the amount of content PSO has.

Although, PSO's weapon content was stacked. (Ep1&2 added tons of weapons)

This game is great, and due to its improved Engine can FAR surpass PSO in terms of content, weapons, and level design.

Its just sad how we havent gotten there yet. And sadly, unless Sonic Team gets some storyline help from Square Enix, they wont be fixing the story mode very soon either.

PS:

Another thing that really pisses me off almost more than the music is the CLOTHING on this game. Although its usually really awesome, the huge lack of "fighter" outfits is really, really, REALLY pissing me off. Dressing your character up casually when going to battle is only cool if its not able to be done very often in games, but when you look at the fighter outfits in the PSU trailer and see that they completely discarded the awesome "futureistic body suit " look that PSO had (not too crazy, not too glowy, not to mechanical, and not to Sci-Fi. Just really nicely stylized.) pissed me off in the long run.

Although, the clothes really dont bother me that much. Their awesome for the customization you can get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-04-23 15:11 ]</font>

xennec
Apr 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
I am VERY satisfied with the game. I for one am glad ST is drip feeding us updates because if we got everything at once, there would be the players who power lvl and get all the best items while leaving others behind in the dust.

DarkDeception
Apr 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
I love this game like crazy. It has exceeded expectations. Yet PSO was just one of those games thats legendary. It's so hard to compare to it. Mags were the greatest things ever. They let you customize your characters stats. Thats just awesome. Also I loved that shop items, at least they did this offline, changed from time to time. Sometimes you could buy a monogrinder, or a scapedoll but only one not stock up full of them. It added excitement to shopping in the stores.

I love how they now have your own shops instead of just selling everything to the NPC stores you have to get people to come buy it. I wish that the only way to get rares were through synthing. Like it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hard to do. I took away that excitement from finding a rare. But it did add a greater excitement of finally being able to use that rare after working so hard.

Sure things could be changed but I think they have taken a step in the right direction it's just going to take a bit of time before it really starts to work out.

Dhylec
Apr 23, 2007, 07:59 PM
From my gaming experience, I don't expect a lot from the game out of the box. So one can say I'm more than prepared. The lack of content (that many complained) hasn't been remotely bothered me at all.

I play moderately & enjoying things at my pace. I play daily; from within the hour I get home (from work) until I go to bed. My drive for the game is about the same as the day I started back in Oct. How many can beat that? ;]

majan
Apr 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
being able to buy scapedolls IMO is rather good.think of it this way:

without them,even more jackasses would be kicking people beacues they die(which is frequent,even for pro's-megid does not yield for experienced players).its a good insurance policy to have them in the shop.genius,in fact.now,you run the risk of s ranking the mission and if you die,you may as well have not have s ranked it because now you gotta blow another 5k on a scapedoll,but the option is there.its okay if you die.its a hell of an insurance policy to have cus yea from time to time itll bite you on the ass and youll find yourself investing the 5k every so often but youll make more money and more friends cus of it.less dying=less whining by the fuckin idiots out there that put themselves before everybody else."YOU KILLED MY RANKS?!?!?!?FUCK THEE!!!!" followed by: so and so has been removed from the party.

btw,to all people who kick those who do not have scapedolls,unless the person is a serious liability such as a jackass who is acting retarted or has no clue wat is going on,kickin gthem solves nothing.its one less party member and on less person doing damage and meat shielding.thus,a rougher time for the rest of the party members.

but on topic,this game would be extremely more satisfying if we had the entire damn game to play.on the one hand,its addicting as fuck and it realyl is enjoyable to just sit in relax get in a nice party and really just kick back and run some missions.make friends,get some items,laugh,get tossed around by a boss or a jarba,all in good fun.on the other hand,though,with all the items and missions and other content such as clothes and whatever that has not been "unlocked" yet,completley blows my mind.for that,I have a bitterness towards this game that wont go away till I have the entire 60 bucks I paid for it in front of me available at my fingertips.fuck whether or not my character can even use it or not,the fact that they are handicapping the content out of the gates is complete utter horse shit.

other than that though,the graphics can be a hell and I mean A HELL of a lot better on the 360 / PC version.but,retooling the graphics engine for a console leaps and bounds more powerful than the console it was made for isnt too cost effective,Id imagine.of course,sega took the cheap way out on us and jipped us our fancy normal mapping and texture shading and whatever else would make this game look like an xbox 360 game.

same thing that happened with episode 1 and 2,though the episode 2 graphics were rather phenomenal(on gamecube at least)...still though,crappy animations and character models.why?its a frecken dreamcast game!why do these graphics suck on the 360?its a frecken ps2 game!this game should at least look perhaps a step below oblivion(cus it has a lot going on-graphics that pushed the 360 too much would probably result in lag due to all the network based activity with this game)

and yea,dhylec,the content handicap isnt really bothering many,besides the level cap for some,but just the principle that theres a limit to it.its just plain retarted.its keeping a casual player like you from stumbling upon something really awesome in a mission that you cant right now becuase its not available to us,when you could have an opportunity to hit some kinda fortune just happening to stumble upon an ill weapon board or item or something.

the point of it is just stupid,thats all.

but yeah all in all this is a great game that is going to only get better.Im just greatful that the xbox 360 version never got hacked cus then our markets would be as spoiled as the pc/ps2 version.not to poke fun at you guys but its somethin Id rathe rnot deal with and probabl a major reason why you hear most people saying that the 360 community is a lot bigger,which isnt always a good thing.great games have a tendency to be spoiled by the tool boxes that pick it up and play,which of course happens.anyone who sells 1 * items in the shop for 1 thousand meseta,i.e , par wood,should probably stop playing video games altogether.

Ash1ey
Apr 23, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:17, VanHalen wrote:
I'm very satisfied with this game. It's what I expected and thensome.

Kimil
Apr 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
Only Thing I'm displeased about right now is the CB spamming and lowish population lately.
These will both help helped by AoI hopefully,

But everythign else is great! ^.^

Cz
Apr 23, 2007, 09:11 PM
this is probably the only game i spend playing more than any other game i have combine. I play PSO on gamecube and PSOBB on PC before and i love them. Now i am just playing PSU as well cause it is the game that stole my free time away...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif The only thing i dont like about this game is waiting for updates to arrive...can be so annoying..>.>

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 09:22 PM
I don't see why people complain about the lack of content anyways.

PSU is like PSO back on Dreamcast. It's only episode 1.

PSO Ep1 had 4 levels, that was it. Forest, Cave, Mine, Ruins.

PSO on GC had Ep1 and 2, 8 levels. VR Temple, VR Spaceship, Jungle/Mountain/Seashore, and Seabase were added.
No one complained about the lack of content.

PSOBB added Ep4, which was 5 different "areas", but the first 3 were pretty much the same. And only one boss.
3 paths up the side of the crater, inside the crater, and under the crater. Not original at all.
Still no one complained as much as they do about PSU.

PSU Ep1 has like 30 stages, across many different terrains. Guardians Colony, Plains, Relics, Parum Train, Seabase, Forest, Islands, Temple, Desert, Valley, Caves and HIVE.
Yet people whine about it every day.

It just doesn't make sence. >.>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-04-23 19:32 ]</font>

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 23, 2007, 09:25 PM
Both games were and are good..I play PSU for long time to come...even if it isnt my primary game

ShadowDragon28
Apr 23, 2007, 09:28 PM
For a thread thats supposed to focus on the *positive* some posters still insist on putting up negative-laced commentary...(I not metioning who, they know who they are) *sigh*

I think that negativity-laced comparitive & contrasting diatribes are not needed. Such things are basically more "beating of a dead horse" IMO.

Either play it and have fun, if so much of it is so "lacking" or causes one grief,etc etc,
then go play something else.

Continueing to beat the dead horse is not going to make it come to life and turn it into one's own personal unicorn that spits out Bliss-Cola for you to drink.

PSU has some minor weaknesses, and a *few* flaws, and yes could use a little improvement.
But such need not be inflated and driven in like rusty nails.
Enough with the non-constructive negativity, Please?

Africa
Apr 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
this game is awesome and was a lot better than i expected it to be, so much so that it'll e the first game i get when i get another 360.is it perfect?of course not but how many games are?the point is i'll be content with what i have now till there's sometthing better and i know a lot of ppl who think the same thing.

DarkDeception
Apr 23, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-04-23 19:36, Africa wrote:
this game is awesome and was a lot better than i expected it to be, so much so that it'll e the first game i get when i get another 360.is it perfect?of course not but how many games are?the point is i'll be content with what i have now till there's sometthing better and i know a lot of ppl who think the same thing.

I have to say that you have expressed the thoughts of so many people that I know perfectly and for that I am grateful.

Zorafim
Apr 23, 2007, 09:40 PM
First off, PSO's levels always changed. I still get lost in any level besides forest until I have the entire map filled out.
Second off, PSU's levels are linear, meaning that you never get lost, and always do the same thing each time you go through a map. Even if there were turns, the fact that you need to kill every monster to get an S rank ruins the exploration feeling, making it a generic kill-a-thon.
Third, everyone's spamming the same mission, so they can't take advantage of the fact that there are fifteen more missions out there. Even if they didn't want to maximize rewards and just play for fun, there won't be anyone else for you to party with, and soloing is so hard to do that you're probably going to take a huge hit in exp per hour by trying.

So basically, everyone's complaining that there's nothing to do but spam the same area. Seeing how the rewards in most PSO areas were similar, or if not were actually better in harder areas, I can see where they're getting at.

Damn, I wanted to make a sarcastic post saying that it's silly to like a game that you play daily, but now there's no room for it. Oh well, I do like the game but I agree that it's not perfect and could be alot better. It could easily be superior to PSO, but so far is at most on par. But guess which game I'm playing now?

Siertes
Apr 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'm disappointed I haven't made any real friends which keeps me from doing some of the things I'd like, but over 1000 hours of actual play time can't be ignored.

I guess in that sense I am somewhat satisfied. (If I wasn't, why would I keep playing?)

ROB31
Apr 23, 2007, 09:50 PM
Personaly I love this game, the reason people have so many complaints is because they like it so much and have thier own opinnion about how things should work. That is not nessicarliy bad though, i have no doubt that the creators of PSU go to this website and read the fourms constantly for ideas on what the community wants. This game is only good because of all the criticizm and feedback that Sega gets... well plus the fact that Sega ROCKS XD.

Sekani
Apr 23, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm more satisfied with the game than I am with the forums.

Sev
Apr 23, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm satisfied. I'll be more satisfied once my Force comes around... And no it's not my own character, it's another person and it's their job. They've been slackin off.

AweOfShe
Apr 24, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-04-23 19:59, Sekani wrote:
I'm more satisfied with the game than I am with the forums.

Like I keep saying. The only thing that failed really, is something beyond ST's control, and that's the mindset of the community.

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2007, 01:28 AM
My only dissapointment is the lack of offline content. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Smilies/criticize.gif

Miyoko
Apr 24, 2007, 05:44 AM
I'm quite satisfied with the game. However, as with any game, there's always room for improvement / more content.

Fulgore
Apr 24, 2007, 05:45 AM
I second Miyoko, Satisfied yet their could be improvements made...and it would seem that improvements CAN be made so Get on that SEGA...then you will be one of the only games out there that is Perfect!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 07:20 AM
PSU is a great game and can and will be much nicer in the future!!!

I wanna go back online!!!!! <.<

SuperRygar
Apr 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
interesting feedback. first off, to Zorafim, PSU's levels have different arrangements too. moatoob is just as linear as any level in PSO. i never got lost in PSO, there's only 4 levels, and after a while you just remember every turn. but with PSU, about 60% of the levels i havent done more than 10 times. i get lost all the time on levels im not familar with. the fact that you need to kill all the monsters to get S rank means you have to explore the whole level...i dont know where you derived that thought from. everyone is spamming the same mission for a reason. they've done all the other levels to death and the mission they spam has the best rewards/drops. or perhaps its just their favorite. or maybe their weapons are of the element that rocks the shit outta the monsters. at some point you have to spam a level. its so funny how the things that were normal in PSO are thought to be outragous in PSU. crazyness!!! as for content, i too am not wanting more. i barely scratched the surface of what we have now. and to the guy that said 'your missing out on rare finds cuz all the content isnt unlocked' well, the best thing i ever found was a [B]Creasaud, and i cant even synth it cause i need like 12 more copernia. someone captured my thoughts perfectly by saying that if all the content was released, there would be alot of ppl left in the dust.

this pretty much sums it up,
AweOfShe: Like I keep saying. The only thing that failed really, is something beyond ST's control, and that's the mindset of the community.

maybe its just me(figure of speech), but when i get a game i learn the physics of it and get the most out of what i have to work with, rather than focusing on what's bad about it. PSU its like a box of Ice Cream...if you eat it too fast you'll get brain freeze http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hmm, lets make a list..

Issue............................Resolution
Lack of content -----> this can be overcome by pacing yourself, a little self restraint goes a long way
GFX-----------------> these days, ppl are wired to think that good GFX mean absolutely no flaws. its all relative, and everyone seems to ---------------------> compare it to 360/PS3. there is nothing wrong with the GFX in this game, cept the floor shake thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif maybe it's ---------------------> cuz i grew up with nintendo-->super nintendo--->PS1---->GC, but i dont see anything wrong with the GFX
Music----------------> turn it off, play your own stuff. i put on the Chrono Trigger OST one time and it fit so perfectly!

one thing that is better in PSU is that you dont have to "fuck around", as we like to say, to get a mission going. everything is within very close range, no walking 20 miles. if you want an epic adventure then you should be playing WoW. PSU, i think, was made for PSO'ers. for one thing, if you didnt play PSO you most likely would have never heard of the damn game...way to advertise Sega. not one person i've ever mentioned PSU to heard of it. NOT ONE! you play PSU for the same reasons you played PSO. not for a grand adventure spanning over millions of acres. but a solid RPG with lots of weaponry and enemy attack dodging. this game is geared toward skill and not stats. that's probably the biggest draw for me. with PSU its just so much better. element weaknesses, PA's, knockback effect, endless shooting. this brings so much depth to the fighting,if used effectively.

to DikkyRay, there are to butterflies!! haha not to mention the ambiant effects like the weird purple squigly lines in LL and the snow like effect in Relics, plus the footstep effects. everywhere you walk in every level has some kind of debris effect underfoot

i also went back and played PSO, and i did miss it. but the most frustrating part of PSO is lack of camera control. after free moving the camera in PSU i couldnt possibly go back. also the character animation is much better in PSU, plus we have tons of "actions". its always fun to do a laughing animation when your actually laughing in RL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and sidestepping! leagues above PSO in terms of movement, and with realtime combat its very important

level design..wtf is wrong with the level design?
i dont get this complaint... i have nothing to say cuz i just dont get it. the backdrops are awesome, specially the starry sky

i do agree about the issue of buying Scape Dolls...it really lowers their value. i remember in PSO being level 120 and only having about 6 scape dolls in the bank. but also i remember dieing alot less. so i guess it evens that out. i can only remember 1 enemy in PSO that shot megid, the lillies on Ultimate in the caves. i didnt play EP2 much. i see alot of Megid in PSU. we all need plenty of scapes, but buying them for 5k is just too easy. with inflation 5k has been reduced to 5 cents, so really, hacking created this issue. what's it like on Xbox? does everyone have enough money to keep 10-stock of scapes?

story mode doesnt count here, because i am probably the biggest hater of it...

katana's would be nice, but again lets just look at what we have instead. as a Hunter in PSO you were bound to your type. now in PSU you can switch type and use all weapons. so instead of looking at it as missing a few weapons types, think if it as you can use every weapon in the game. how suck was it find a Special Weapon in PSO and have it identified only to find its the most super uber duber weapon...for another class >.< i found Cannon type weapon one time, and decided to switch classes to try it out. now i'm hooked on it. another great feature of this game!

the clothes, no complaints here. i have found several different combinations of clothes that look great on my Fighter. the amount of pieces of clothing are decent, but with 5 different colors it expands your choices. change it up once and a while. sure it sucks finding someone with the EXACT same outfit, but at least our community is small and thus the chances of finding a "twin" is small too. plus you can change at anytime. and also, even if someone has the same pants and shirt in the same color as your. your height and your hair and race and shoes set you apart. dont forget about the line sheild too! lots of variety there. the outfits in PSO did look better overall, but when picking your outfit at the start..there were like 3-4 different looks each having like 8 different colors. not very much variety

Kaydin, you made an excellent point! it DOESNT make sense

ShadowDragon28, another great point. im countering by taking every negative comment and showing the positive side to it. bring it on bitches >)

a "perfect" game is in the eye of the player. super mario 1 for NES is a perfect game. if someone never played it before, and you showed it to them now. they'd say the game was garbage, that the gfx sucked and the sound was ghey. its all in how you look at the game. some people are just narrow minded, cant change that. an open mind can be very powerful. when i turn on my ps2 and log in, in my head im logging into the "perfect" game. my enjoyment of this game is among the highest and its only going to get better. i will not be dragged down by the negativity in the community and i dont expect it to go away. everyone IS entitled to their own opinion and now you know mine

Happy Hunting!!

on a side note, there is a group of us in the level 50-70 range that run together pretty much every day. we are very much open to new stages and ideas, if you need a group to do S rank on stages that you cant find parties for let me know. a few ppl have mentioned that they havne't made many good friends. well lets all band together. a large group of people who thoroughly enjoy the game and will be around for a long time. a utopian society where the goal is just to have fun ^.^

Sekani
Apr 24, 2007, 09:02 AM
RE: graphics -- Although the game has some really nice and detailed scenery, particularly in the cities and lobbies, the flip side is that the parts where the developers were lazy with the graphics really stand out. There is no reason to have such obviously pixelated textures all over the place right next to the better looking ones. For a couple of examples, look at the floor of the Colony's 4th level, or the clothes that the NPC secretaries are wearing.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132060&forum=20

RE: level design -- Too many levels look the same, too many missions look the same, and it's something of a letdown that in a mission with three or four blocks you usually can't tell what block you're in by looking (or by much of anything actually). While admittedly PSO didn't have as many distinct areas as PSU does, they did a good job of adding some personality to each level to seperate it from the others. One feature in particular that you'll hear PSO fanboys talk about is the presence of a very distinctive room as part of each stage, such as the ever-popular waterfall from Caves 2, or the long hallway at the end of the Seabed.

RE: technical issues -- Too many to discuss here, but some are annoying enough to slightly detract from the experience.

DevilJester
Apr 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
ok i have a theory about all games in general (watch out this myt b anuthr 1 of ma huge 1ns) all hardcore gamers (i mean ones who like all genres not jst shoot em ups the open minded gamers) are searching for a perfect game (acshully it kinda functions like a religion lol) a 10 outta 10 divine game for me a game that mixes zelda pso and X3 reunion (wre u can land on planets) where u can do anything u want but still under the basic game rules so many people are endlessly searching for this "Perfect Game" however 1 if the perfect game was created the search would end and people would play it get addicted then leave it and since the search was over (and they wudnt need 2 play loads of games to find it) they wud probly leave games altogether it just wudnt be the same fun playing games that u kno arent as good as the "Perfect Game" 2 its also kind of a marketing scheme ppl r searching for the game they buy a game its good they get addicted bt it aint da "Perfect Game" so they buy another 1 u see da pattern and all the time th game company is making more an more money 3 before i said if th "Perfect Game" was discovered ppl wud gt addicted then gt bored if it was the "Perfect Game" ud never get bored 4 Second Life (attempted "Perfect Game") with pretty much no boundaries it got boring so i ( by i I mean me alone) have come to the conclusion that the "Perfect Game" will never should never and cannot ever be Created so my point is DONT TRY by adding things and hacking and stuf AR is ok but still be content (im gonna make a Topic on this sum where else) DEBATE IT !!!!!

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 11:29 AM
I'm satisfied quite well. I am, though, with Sekani on the graphics. Not that they're bad, but the laziness put into texture mapping. It's not hard to spread the uv map and actually fit a texture to a polygon object. Like the rock in Raffron field base. The top part does not match the sides.... come on now. At least put effort into simple textures for your environments. maybe key up on animation as well for the enemies instead of reskinning the same rig to different enemies. It's mainly the texturing that annoys the hell out of me. Other than that, I'm pretty much happy with this game. Just as long as there's no more nerfing of classes other than techers. never once has that class been nerfed, not that it should, but to nerf other classes due to people knowing how to use them and exceling over another class is no excuse for nerfing.

DevilJester
Apr 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
also all game companies have the ability to make a brilliant game PSU cud hav been the "Perfect Game" so cud Zelda Twilight Princess so cud pretty much every game out there but>>>

2 its also kind of a marketing scheme ppl r searching for the game they buy a game its good they get addicted bt it aint da "Perfect Game" so they buy another 1 u see da pattern and all the time th game company is making more an more money

u get it??................................... MONEY!!!

Sekani
Apr 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
DevilJester, I hate being a grammar nazi, but your errors are so horrible that I have no idea what the fuck you just said. We use English here, not AOL-speak.

DevilJester
Apr 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
i apologise i only speak like that on the internet im quite the poet i do apologise

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
Money applies to everything. In order to thrive in the world, money rules all and money talks. It's not the game companies reason to produce a bunch of non-perfect games. Well first off let me state there's no such thing as a perfect game. It's like saying you can create a utopia in this world. A perfect game would be one everyone will enjoy without questioning, that they can keep playing, and they wouldn't need to buy any other as it will evovle to the player for their needs. Back to reality, games do not always fit everyone's tastes. There are people, notoriously on the 360 who play every game just to have a high gamerscore. Also, people buy games cause something new comes out, or they need to change up pace. There are of course horrible games out there, don't get me wrong. Money is just part of the cycle which helps fund the game companies to make more games. that and it is business because this is reality. People need money to live and thrive. Not always bad. To state that games are produced to be bad so people will keeping buying more and more for the industry to get more money is just retarded. if a company *cough* Acclaim *cough* kept making horrible games, people would stop buying their games because of that reputation. Honestly, we all have different tastes. We all have different ideas on what a game should be. We all have our own minds. But just don't be stating something that really has a poor transition of an idea without a good detail of backup proof.
It's like saying microsoft is bad because of Windows. Sure they may have a grip, but it's because no one else is making an equalivanlant operating system. linux may be there, but it does has it's own flaws. And Tiger OX is for MAc, completely a different platform than PC. Money may rule all, but we all use it and need it. Nor does that drive the game industry to produce lousy games. games when produced depend on the predicted target audience.

AweOfShe
Apr 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-04-24 03:45, Fulgore wrote:
I second Miyoko, Satisfied yet their could be improvements made...and it would seem that improvements CAN be made so Get on that SEGA...then you will be one of the only games out there that is Perfect!

:lol:

While that is true, they could add and improve ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING people asked for them to, and yet, there will be another side of people that will still not be completely satisfied.

More recent examples could be PVP, or balancing mission difficulty/rewards.

ST adds PVP can add as a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL mode, and people will whine about it's mere existance. ST balances mission rewards and mission difficulty, and people will still be on Parum, levelling classes they don't even plan to USE in the future after it hits 10. All the while crying about the other planets suck, simply because of the EXISTANCE of Worm type enemies (even though they are easy, and fast to kill :P).

So yeah, the only thing that needs fixing? People's attitudes. You know it's true. :P

DevilJester
Apr 24, 2007, 12:19 PM
CyarVictor thats exactly what im saying u got my point exactly ( i just like debates lol NOT arguments debates theres a difference

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
I'm not trying to make it an arguement debate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Sorry if it did sound like that.

Thrash777
Apr 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hell yeah! I love this game!

Cracka_J
Apr 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
been on since day 1. been playin every day I had the free time. the game is not without it's flaws, but the good still outweighs the bad and keeps me anticipating every time I get to play. my only beefs with the game are the speed of the unlocked content releases (caused many, many peeps to go back to wow), and the overall lack of advertising on sega's part. still, this game will sit with some of my favorites due to the community and the fun times had.

Jakosifer
Apr 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
I love it, if you play with the right team you'll always have fun. Plus, the games not even complete yet, I just say to anyone who hates it..to give it some time, give it a chance, Im sure its gonna be amazing once complete. But to me it already is amazing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DemonCloak
Apr 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
It's good, I'd just rather find rare weapons instead of boards for rare weapons. That was the most fun thing for me in PSO and they took that away.

GutsGO
Apr 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
I love this game and it greatly improves on pretty much everything PSO was except for one thing so far, and this will most definately be remedied in time as more missions are released....

Its the missions...

On PSO, I rarely ever did an Open game running throught the "Basic" Forest, Caves etc.
I always did Guild Counter quests like Heat Sword or Ice Spinner, these always gave more experience and were a lot more fun and action packed then the standard Forest/Caves map.

So, the Free Missions are exactly as they are in PSO....the simple/basic map variant with just a slew of enemies and moderate challenge.

Once we start getting more Co-Op Missions and other Guardians Counter accessed missions, this game will really shine and become the successor most want it to be.

My analogy, (like many have stated): PSU = DC:PSO
PSU AoI (and updates) = GC/XBX/BB:PSO

....you also may say that when PSO was released it had hardly any negative critique or downfalls, but PSU doesnt have the luxury of being the first Online Console RPG with nothing to compare it to.

Raysa
Apr 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
I like this game to an extent, would feel it would be more fun if it had some other factors such as pvp, minigames, group missions that reguire 1 of each basic class(force,hunter,ranger), co-op story missions, and alot more variety in missions.

Stezan
Apr 24, 2007, 03:18 PM
Im satisfied with the game, but there are things about it i feel will never change. im not talkin update stuff that many other people complain about. I dont get to play to the point where im bored out of my mind. Im talking about special events like the Ultimate Attack event. I dont have any hope that we will see these type of unique events this side of the Pacific.

Instead we get "have a GM take your picture." Tons of fun! /sarcasm

And people say "they need a sponsor" and "Netcafes arent as popular in the US" but couldnt they just activate those missions for a little bit without all the extra Netcafe stuff.

MrPOW
Apr 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
I <3 this game.

Miyoko
Apr 27, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-04-24 03:45, Fulgore wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

There's only two perfect games that exsist in this world: Super Mario Bros. 3, and Mega Man 2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zanotam
Apr 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-04-23 13:39, Nia wrote:
Dont be fooled by these forums. Most of the ppl that have complaints (including my self) have logged over 800 hours by now and wouldnt have done so with a bad game. I think its BECAUSE we play so much that we have so damn many opinions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

agree. I'm coming back soon since HAXETA is mostly gone and i logged atleast 300 (closer to 500 I THINK) hours and complained a lot lol

Seira7
Apr 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
I definitely like this game a lot. Although I don't "love" it like PSO, it is still the only online action console RPG out there so~~~

The game would be perfect if my old PSO XBOX buds
(old as in they were OLD) would play or if my BB friends would come over to 360. I havent found a really good group yet but joining random parties is pretty fun^^ I find myself soloing a lot in PSU and socializing in BB, so it all evens out.

I think this game will be even more entertaining once AOI comes out. I have wanted a "real" casino in an online game for a while. I recall getting all excited they brought one to RO, but it was just for show =( With new areas and fun things to do, I am totally looking forward to the expansion. Which makes me want to work on my character even more.