PDA

View Full Version : Switching to a new class.

Paramedic
Apr 23, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'm switching to a new class today. I want to know, is there a way for forget PA's I've learned to make room for new ones? Or will I have to remake my character?

Midicronica
Apr 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
Once you hit your limit(36/36) , start deleting the ones you don't really need or want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-04-23 18:41 ]</font>

Paramedic
Apr 23, 2007, 08:42 PM
And how exactly do I go about doing that?

When I'm capped does it say, "You cannot exceed your PA limit, would you like to forget a PA?" or something?

Shiryuu
Apr 23, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-04-23 18:42, Paramedic wrote:
And how exactly do I go about doing that?

When I'm capped does it say, "You cannot exceed your PA limit, would you like to overwrite a PA?" or something?

Fixed?

I have no idea since I have not capped mine, but I imagine it would look like that.

DarkDeception
Apr 23, 2007, 08:44 PM
it's been a while but I know it gives you the option to overwrite the previous ones and then you chose which one. But I may be mistaken. I know you can cause I have already

Paramedic
Apr 23, 2007, 08:44 PM
You know what I meant. lol.

I just want some confirmation, I don't want to waste money...

Paramedic
Apr 23, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-04-23 18:44, DarkDeception wrote:
it's been a while but I know it gives you the option to overwrite the previous ones and then you chose which one. But I may be mistaken. I know you can cause I have already

Oh, okay. Sweet. I'd hate to drop all the work I've put into my character for this...

Kaydin
Apr 23, 2007, 09:09 PM
If you try and learn a PA when your full of PAs, it will ask you to replace another PA. You get to pick which one.

Remember, if you forget a PA, then decide to learn it again, it goes back to level 1, with 0% exp. So be careful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 07:43 AM
On 2007-04-23 19:09, Kaydin wrote:
If you try and learn a PA when your full of PAs, it will ask you to replace another PA. You get to pick which one.

Remember, if you forget a PA, then decide to learn it again, it goes back to level 1, with 0% exp. So be careful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I have no regrets wiping barta/zonde for razonde/rabarta...

Always wipe low lvl pa's first as you don't need to work them much if you decide to get them back!!

PIT
Apr 24, 2007, 09:04 AM
sorry about this little offtopic, but finally had my chance to put my dirty claws on PSU rather lately and i'm confused about one silly thing: can i switch to an advanced class in extra mode, or are they online-only? O.o'

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 09:06 AM
Expert classes are online only. Offline basic classes pwn expert classes anyways!

Scion
Apr 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
Heh, yeah they do...Well, if you wanna try the expert classes offline, it's really simple, cuz they kinda are incorporated already (just subtract the PA caps on them, because a Hunter can get level 30 techs too, lol):

Hunters = Hunter, Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Wartecher
Rangers = Ranger, Fortegunner, Guntecher
Forces = Force, Fortetecher, Guntecher (somewhat. They can actually use mechs offline)

PIT
Apr 24, 2007, 09:12 AM
that sucks a bit, but thanks anyway

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 09:45 AM
Yep. That's a way to do it offline. The only bad thing is that you can't truly cap an ability offline. You can decide to stop using it then, but that's it. Continual use will still raise the ability. Offline classes are super classes. No doubt. They'd kick any online classes' butt anyday. This is mainly because of their cross-class weapon and skill access. They also get real strong, real fast, and have certain equipment drops that are practically broken, if brought online without adjustment. I believe Ranger also makes the better Guntecher trainer as you get access to pretty much all the Guntecher-able weapons, and still have that single access to one-handed Wands. But even better. You'll be closer to the way Guntecher should play when the expansion hits. (Just remember to stick with Support Spells, for the most part).

On the other hand, Ranger doesn't cover everything. You have to assume you're getting the best Attack Accurracy, Defense, MST, and Hitpoints, of a gunner class. Definitely a super-class. Being any one of those expert classes might only have a subset of stats that approach the numbers the offline Ranger gets. (So if trying out Guntecher, just note you'll lose a good amount of defense and some hitpoints, plus you wont directly hit stuff as hard, with the same weapons)

(Just imagine if the Safety Heart was online, and it had the exact same stats as the offline one). Scary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-24 07:47 ]</font>