PDA

View Full Version : Megid

Gryffin
Apr 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
I just got it. Yay! Any tips anyone has to levels where it's even the tiniest bit easier to level, I've heard things like it's REALLY difficult so I wanna be ready http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkDeception
Apr 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
I don't have it yet but i'd imagine you could just go on a lower rank then you normally do and you would be safe to level it up

Gryffin
Apr 23, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'll tell ya' one thing. I need to find me a Te/Tech PP Save. I primarily use wands, and Im gonna be using Madoogs as an Acrotecher...so... yeah.

Anybody have one they'll let go for REEEEAAAALLY cheap?

(goes to bed, will check in the morning.

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 07:39 AM
Level it in LL A rank and use 1* 12% dark rods...

RedCoKid
Apr 24, 2007, 08:27 AM
Unlike LL, the rooms are square in Parum relics (S), and you'll see 2-3 more enemies per mob (and sometimes up to ~8). You can lead the enemies up against the walls until they fall into a linear formation, then turn & shoot. Firing behind the barrier in the big room is also a nice spot for getting 4-6 hits per cast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-04-24 06:28 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 08:36 AM
LL has the advantage of having slow enemys (if sendillan spawn more than other mobs just abandon) the only interesting enemys in parum relics are badiras (who die easy vs megid) seeing as golmoro's jump to much around. Other advantage is that in LL you can nerf your damage a lot by using 1* 12% dark rods which you can not do in the relics..

Scion
Apr 24, 2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, LL is the best way to level megid. You're going to be killing things WAY too much in Relics for it to be effective over there. Don't get me wrong, the incapacitation still kicks in at LL, but the enemies over there have slightly higher stamina than, say, the badiras.

I need to get this tech to 30...I need to get it there...NAO! x_x

PMB960
Apr 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
All line techs level really well in LL. I just play on S2 (need Deljaban Blades) and back up through dorrways so they just stand single file. Before I got d/ced in B3 I gained 65% on Barta 16 in 1 run.

RedCoKid
Apr 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
I think it's a waste of PP trying to level on clumps of 3 pannons or a couple dels. Megid takes a long time, and you'd want to maximize your efficiency per shot. Badiras do die faster, but you're also going to connect on a ton of hits. Plus, I can't imagine anyone on PS2 wanting to abandon and reload every time you run into Sendillians in LL; they're just too common. Golmoros also jump around, but they will flank you only if closer. When you're farther away and shooting parallel to a wall or in a hallway, you'll register a lot of hits before they go down (which is not a good sign for the tech itself if you think about it).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-04-24 08:22 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Apr 24, 2007, 10:47 AM
if there's more members in the party there will be more enemies...can anybody confirm that this is true when your party consists of NPC's? thats one way to level up techs faster, you could find a bunch of ppl who are going afk or just sitting in the lobbies to join your party just so you can fight more baddies. personally i do C or B rank when im Leveling PA's. because you just need to do damage to get exp, and if your one or two hit killing them your still gaining exp for it plus your moving through the level faster consistantly leveling. it really depends on your level, if your high enough you can do A no problem, but i feel that if you have to keep running around to get a good shot and getting hit it all takes away from the time you could be using to use your PA. that's just my own method of leveling, just like anything try it out and do what you like best!

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
my tip is to just use it on every enemies you see and eventually it will be level 30...lol.

PMB960
Apr 24, 2007, 10:57 AM
Actually basically every spawn has 6 monsters in LL. There are only 2 or 3 areas in each run where 4 enemies spawn. There are narrow hallways and dorrways everywhere in LL. You just have to lure the enemies through them and fire away. Plus megid will end up doing less than half the damage you do on Golmoro. 2X the shots means 2X the exp. Plus LLS2 is incredibly easy to solo. You can probably do that atleast as fast as you could do Relic S. For forces Deljaban Megid should very little if any damage. On top of that you can get many good weapons *cough* [B]Crea Doubles *cough*.

SuperRygar
Apr 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
BunnyGirl...best...tip...EVER >.<

and attacking with weaker weapons to level PA's isnt a dumb idea...but in the end, you dont level your PA faster. haha 2x the hits, means 2x the exp, which takes 2x the time >.< see the logic? if you use a strong weapon, you will be moving on to the next group of enemies quicker, leveling your PA all the while

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-04-24 09:06 ]</font>

shadowblades
Apr 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
WELL I LVL MY AT THE HIVE C ITS WAY BETTER THEN LL

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
These tips also apply to barta, zonde, and any laser cannon PA. Any place you can hit multiple enemies in big mobs while having little retaliation. Nothing wrong with spamming PA's. The more of one weapon you have=faster PA/Tech leveling.

SuperRygar
Apr 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
these tips apply to ALL PA's, LL is like kindergarten class

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 11:22 AM
Almost like throwing a grenade at a bunch of harmless hamsters in order to get more power.

Astarin
Apr 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
Can you Megid owners answer a question for me? I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere.

How is the damage modifier for Megid? Is it relatively low, like Zonde and Barta? Does it beat out Ramegid? Specific numbers would be super.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
my buddy leveled his in Agata relics. Everything there is light type, there is superior enemy density, and as luck would have it, he needed harmium/soldonium

;-p

Gryffin
Apr 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
Oh, what about finding me a Te/ Tech PP Save..?

gah.

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 02:05 PM
The good ol' Holy Grounds is such a fun level to use dark anything on. It's almost a shame I have all my dark stuff levelled. Nowadays, doing it is just doing it for fun and not as much for benefit as it used to be.

I'd love to see a nice Ice board, of the same type. Some nice little place I can put my Fire rounds to the test. My Bow has their name written all over it.

Witchblade56
Apr 24, 2007, 02:39 PM
Is dmg is a modifier [I think although i'm not 100%] in the rate of increase % towards leveling your PA?

Personally i have like 77 frags and as worthless as this spell might seem i think i still want it. I'd like to know. Leveling it in LL is easy for the set up on your mobs. The big question is IF damage done per mob is a significant factor in skilling your PA, is it the right choice given that every mob you encounter in LL is dark based?

As i understand it, the damage mod on this spell is dependant upon the level of your health i.e. if your in the yellow [FFXI BLM latent equips spring to mind here] youll do a higher rate of dmg per hit. Also the spell animation [as it is traveling from the caster to the mob] is pretty fast. I know because its harder than hell to dodge a 21+ megid versus a 21+ foie. As soon as i see megid fired off an A-S rank Jarba [while shooting it with my n00bgunner character] i cant always move quick enough to the side to avoid it. If a Seed vance fires off [at the same distance] a foie I can usually sidestep it pretty easily.

Te Tech PP Save would be nice for skilling it however i think a quick unit would ideally better. As mentioned above the spell animation is faster than say barta/foie/diga. If you are standing behind a barrier firing this spell off with a quick unit on youre going to get alot of spells off on short order versus using te tech pp save. You'll burn through wands faster though. With Te Tech PP save you'll prolong the PP supply of a given wand but lower the rate at which you can cast the spell per minute.

Casting speed had a HUGE impact on my skill ups for my buffs. Im not sure on how effective casting speed will be for attack magicks. There's the question of whether or not damage done per spell hit on a mob plays a larger role in skill up % or not. If it's a flat rate at which it levels regardless of dmg done then i feel quick units would be a better choice for skilling up solo. You may burn through more wands without a Tech PP save but youll fire more spells off in short order requiring [possibly] less time to skill it up. Additional info on this would be helpful from others that HAVE leveled it to 21+.

I have been wrong before on things lol. This is just my impression thus far and more than a few things that I've wondered about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-04-24 12:47 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Apr 24, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-04-24 09:22, CyarVictor wrote:
Almost like throwing a grenade at a bunch of harmless hamsters in order to get more power.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i LOL'd at that one

Astarin
Apr 24, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-04-24 12:39, Witchblade56 wrote:
Is dmg is a modifier [I think although i'm not 100%] in the rate of increase % towards leveling your PA?

No. The modifier I'm referring to is how much damage the TECHNIC does; every TECHNIC has this listed under the PA list, as a percentage of your TP stat.

Still no word on this? No-one? I can't find the number anywhere. PSUpedia doesn't even have it; they just have the PP cost.

The big question is IF damage done per mob is a significant factor in skilling your PA, is it the right choice given that every mob you encounter in LL is dark based?

No. Damage done per mob is irrelevant. TECHNICs, like all other PAs, level based upon number of hits only. A hit doing 1200 damage levels the TECHNIC the exact same as a hit doing 50 damage.

As i understand it, the damage mod on this spell is dependant upon the level of your health i.e. if your in the yellow [FFXI BLM latent equips spring to mind here] youll do a higher rate of dmg per hit.

Again, no. You level of HP does not affect damage done by this or any spell. This game is less complicated than you're giving it credit. ^_^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Astarin on 2007-04-24 13:06 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 24, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-04-24 13:04, Astarin wrote:
Still no word on this? No-one? I can't find the number anywhere. PSUpedia doesn't even have it; they just have the PP cost.

It has a 151% modifer at level 16.

Witchblade56
Apr 24, 2007, 03:22 PM
Astarin,

Wasnt there something stated somewhere that the lower your health is on Megid [when cast] the higher your dmg or something like this? I could swear someone posted about this. I can't recall when or where clearly =/

Sychosis
Apr 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-04-24 13:22, Witchblade56 wrote:
Astarin,

Wasnt there something stated somewhere that the lower your health is on Megid [when cast] the higher your dmg or something like this? I could swear someone posted about this. I can't recall when or where clearly =/

That would be Nosmegid, and yes it is true.

Tra
Apr 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
me, and 4 of my friends (including Eleina) got megid to 30 at LL A

Tra
Apr 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-04-24 12:39, Witchblade56 wrote:

Personally i have like 77 frags and as worthless as this spell might seem i think i still want it. I'd like to know. Leveling it in LL is easy for the set up on your mobs. The big question is IF damage done per mob is a significant factor in skilling your PA, is it the right choice given that every mob you encounter in LL is dark based?

As i understand it, the damage mod on this spell is dependant upon the level of your health i.e. if your in the yellow [FFXI BLM latent equips spring to mind here] youll do a higher rate of dmg per hit. Also the spell animation [as it is traveling from the caster to the mob] is pretty fast. I know because its harder than hell to dodge a 21+ megid versus a 21+ foie. As soon as i see megid fired off an A-S rank Jarba [while shooting it with my n00bgunner character] i cant always move quick enough to the side to avoid it. If a Seed vance fires off [at the same distance] a foie I can usually sidestep it pretty easily.

Te Tech PP Save would be nice for skilling it however i think a quick unit would ideally better. As mentioned above the spell animation is faster than say barta/foie/diga. If you are standing behind a barrier firing this spell off with a quick unit on youre going to get alot of spells off on short order versus using te tech pp save. You'll burn through wands faster though. With Te Tech PP save you'll prolong the PP supply of a given wand but lower the rate at which you can cast the spell per minute.

Casting speed had a HUGE impact on my skill ups for my buffs. Im not sure on how effective casting speed will be for attack magicks. There's the question of whether or not damage done per spell hit on a mob plays a larger role in skill up % or not. If it's a flat rate at which it levels regardless of dmg done then i feel quick units would be a better choice for skilling up solo. You may burn through more wands without a Tech PP save but youll fire more spells off in short order requiring [possibly] less time to skill it up. Additional info on this would be helpful from others that HAVE leveled it to 21+.

I have been wrong before on things lol. This is just my impression thus far and more than a few things that I've wondered about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-04-24 12:47 ]</font>

Megid 21 and Foie 21 travel at the exact same speed.
Megid's damage doesn't increase as your health lowers, that's nosmegid (which isn't that good either)
As for the method of leveling, yes I can post it in a bit

Jey
Apr 24, 2007, 03:35 PM
Megid's TP mod starts at 136%, goes up to 146% at lv11, 156% at lv21, and finishes (for now) at 165% at lv30. Just goes up 1% per skill level, with up to Incapacitate lv3.

To compare, Ramegid caps at 160% at lv30, Dammegid at 140%, and Nosmegid at 175% (and higher, as that doesn't include the hp-damage effect). Barta caps at 130%, and Zonde at 135%.

Megid seems to have the same hits/level as Barta/Zonde. Is it worth using? I don't really think so, but I guess it's fun having revenge.

jayster
Apr 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
aanything ever think of Lab? Lots of enemies clumped and loads of exp/ meseta/ mission points and rares.

kevington
Apr 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
Does megid have incapacitate level 4 at 31 and up?

Witchblade56
Apr 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the informed answers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif And ya i want revenge. . .

Astarin
Apr 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
My apologies, Witchblade56. I forgot about Nosmegid.

And to echo the sentiment, thanks for the informed answers.

I wanted the damage modifier because I was curious if Megid might be worthwhile purely as a dark-type damage dealing TECHNIC; ie, to replace Ramegid. Sounds like the damage is higher, and the range would certainly be greater. I may pick this one up after all.