PDA

View Full Version : 27/4 : New update in jp are too good, I wish I m on that ser

Arika
Apr 24, 2007, 08:05 AM
13/4 they just got around nearly 10 new S rank weapon..
2 week later...
now : 27/4 :
-New party mission !!(bruce aren't alone anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
-New S2 :
Mizuki CD (just a pathway)
Demon abrove (sure new unit, n S rank)
Groove of Fantastic (sure , new S rank,may be unit)
Moonlight beast (what!! 3 new S2 boss mission in neudraize??? sure new Srank/unit again)
last, dunno the name ,but the Magus boss mission in moatoob (O,o!!! totally 4 boss mission!!)

I think they will get around 3-4 new unit and 8-9 new S rank??
(only Deragnus no S2)

EDIT: let's happy for the next 2 month XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-24 06:06 ]</font>

Deja
Apr 24, 2007, 08:07 AM
While we get 2 new S2s! YAY http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But...I shouldn't complain/whine. I may get to find a har/quick for my fortetecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Paramedic
Apr 24, 2007, 08:09 AM
Are we getting an update on the 27th too? Or are we getting one the friday after?

Eleina
Apr 24, 2007, 08:12 AM
We just have to be patient...We'll get these updates in the future.....maybe...

Neith
Apr 24, 2007, 08:14 AM
On 2007-04-24 06:09, Paramedic wrote:
Are we getting an update on the 27th too? Or are we getting one the friday after?

27th. Eastern Peril S2 and Rogue's Shortcut S2. Only a small update really.

Paramedic
Apr 24, 2007, 08:20 AM
Hmm. Better than nothing at least.

Arika
Apr 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
I m grad that they add new PARTY MISSION, I like it !!
this time I hope they reward more than 200 mp, and I like challenge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Balthasar
Apr 24, 2007, 09:21 AM
I are grad too, ror. stirru, I wishu sega would rearry stop being stupid and give us the update we deserve and have been waiting 4, ror. Sega ga razy, desu-ne, ror?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-24 07:31 ]</font>

Golto
Apr 24, 2007, 09:32 AM
I wonder what new sranks they will get? The other 10* bow and twin daggers maybe?

A2K
Apr 24, 2007, 09:36 AM
The client for the new party mission looks like Bunami, an NPC that hung out at the Guardians Ohtoku branch in Story Mode. Interesting...

- Story Mission 2-9
- Ohtoku City Guardians Branch Party Mission
- Distribution of Frying Pan
- Max. Luck Week is Apr. 30 to May 6
- S2s of all Mizuraki CD missions and Grove of Fanatics
- Some sort of Netcafe-exclusive variants of Forested Islands and Rainbow Beast? (Need more info about this...)
- "Addition of high ranking weapon boards"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-24 07:37 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
do they have S armor? cause if not, then they cant get S rank units...

drakkula
Apr 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
I am just wondering what the cap lvl should be in Japan right now, 90????

Schubalts
Apr 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
Yes, 90.

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 10:38 AM
i wish they just link our server together...i dont really care if they speak japanese. Back then in PSOBB we use to got both server online and we get to play with japanese people as well. It was fun and i never once got any trouble playing with them either cause they speak english as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif now they are separating the servers...>.> not a very bright move. this will continues on and America will always be behind them...which suck for us.

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
i think the problem is, they dont wanna play w/ us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

A2K
Apr 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-04-24 08:38, BunnyGirl wrote:
i wish they just link our server together...i dont really care if they speak japanese. Back then in PSOBB we use to got both server online and we get to play with japanese people as well. It was fun and i never once got any trouble playing with them either cause they speak english as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif now they are separating the servers...>.> not a very bright move. this will continues on and America will always be behind them...which suck for us.

This was the case for PSO Episode I & II on Gamecube, and both versions on Dreamcast, but the Xbox version and Blue Burst for PC were both region-separated.

DarkDeception
Apr 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-04-24 08:40, Rashiid wrote:
i think the problem is, they dont wanna play w/ us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

They just don't know what they are missing. We have quite the characters over here

Mewnie
Apr 24, 2007, 10:57 AM
JP ONLY

Golto
Apr 24, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-04-24 08:06, Rashiid wrote:

They've had srank grm and yohmei armor boards drops for over 2 months now minus the UA period. Last update they got the 10* tenora armor board drop and the first srank unit Cati / Power. So i'm guessing the Cati-line of units will drop for these new missions 4-27 as well? It would be nice to get a new rainbow unit like Cati / Rainbow.

Arika
Apr 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-04-24 09:08, Golto wrote:

On 2007-04-24 08:06, Rashiid wrote:

They've had srank grm and yohmei armor boards drops for over 2 months now minus the UA period. Last update they got the 10* tenora armor board drop and the first srank unit Cati / Power. So i'm guessing the Cati-line of units will drop for these new missions 4-27 as well? It would be nice to get a new rainbow unit like Cati / Rainbow.

S rank unit? I remeber cati/power is 9* isnt it?

youthisoverrated
Apr 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
360 people get to play with the japanese players.... yet i dont think they get any of the cool stuff the japanese pc/ps2 players get http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

amtalx
Apr 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
We do get to play with the Japanese characters. However, they usually keep to themselves on uni 16.

youthisoverrated
Apr 24, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-04-24 10:00, amtalx wrote:
We do get to play with the Japanese characters. However, they usually keep to themselves on uni 16.

yeah i dont think they like us too much O_O

AweOfShe
Apr 24, 2007, 12:31 PM
I don't think it's that they don't like you. I think it's more of the language barrier. A lot of them might not even know that much english, to even bother coming to talk to you guys. I wouldn't take it too personally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Midicronica
Apr 24, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-04-24 10:21, iamgir42 wrote:

On 2007-04-24 10:00, amtalx wrote:

yeah i dont think they like us too much O_O

Yeah, they really don't. Join one of their parties and see how fast you get booted. /experience

If you're just chilling in the lobbies, they don't seem to care. Hell, -some- of them will actually try and talk to you in english if they see that you're from the US.

:0ntopic: We'll get all of these updates later in the future, so it's not a big deal to me. I just really f***ing hope we get Ultimate Attack.

Lyrise
Apr 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
Well, since it's being discussed here, guess I won't have to make a thread for this like I do every week.

- Story Mission 2-9
- Ohtoku City Guardians Branch Party Mission
- Distribution of Frying Pan
- Max. Luck Week is Apr. 30 to May 6
- S2s of all Mizuraki CD missions and Grove of Fanatics
- Some sort of Netcafe-exclusive variants of Forested Islands and Rainbow Beast? (Need more info about this...)
- "Addition of high ranking weapon boards"

The netcafe variants will have boosted exp and boosted item drop rates. Pretty fair trade considering its not free to play in a netcafe. In fact, these missions are super-restricted, such that if a party lead by a netcafe player chooses to run these missions, all non-netcafe players are booted from party; and its impossible for those playing at home to join one in progress.

On 2007-04-24 08:38, BunnyGirl wrote:

The problem with this move, and I know this issue has been beaten to death before is that to do this, you'll combine the economies of all servers involved...meaning the JP players will have to deal with the grossly inflated values and excess meseta of the US players. AoI showed us how they could combine servers but restrict the room servers to each world, but that means nothing because players can still initiate a personal trade.

Sekani
Apr 24, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-04-24 09:55, iamgir42 wrote:
360 people get to play with the japanese players.... yet i dont think they get any of the cool stuff the japanese pc/ps2 players get http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Considering that JP PC provides a vastly superior gaming experience, it's a miracle we have any Japanese players at all.

Golto
Apr 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-04-24 09:39, Arika wrote:

S rank unit? I remeber cati/power is 9* isnt it?

Well I've seen it said it is 10* or 9*. I haven't seen any pics of it though.

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
Tynselle got her cowgirl outfit to go with her Twin Gun Action. Everything else, can wait. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif That alone rules so much, that I'll be satisfied for a while.

Lyrise
Apr 24, 2007, 01:07 PM
I totally just realized this: This is so going to be a good week for JP players. With another 10 or so S-Grade weapon boards, and the week of L3 luck, boards are going to be all over the place, meaning the prices are going to go waaaaay down.

Itsuki
Apr 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-04-24 11:07, Lyrise wrote:
I totally just realized this: This is so going to be a good week for JP players. With another 10 or so S-Grade weapon boards, and the week of L3 luck, boards are going to be all over the place, meaning the prices are going to go waaaaay down.

Ahh, don't you love making the US players jealous Lyrise. Bragging about how S-rank weapons are around 2-3mil. Lets just hope for some S-rank crossbows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Helly
Apr 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
New party mission sounds good! About time they utilize some regular NPC type peoples~hope it is a nice lil sidestory. But the players demand new free missions and free party missions too!!

Sylpheed
Apr 24, 2007, 03:05 PM
Anyone know what our next update is? after eastern peril and rouges shortcut S2

Raven5_1
Apr 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-04-24 07:36, A2K wrote:
The client for the new party mission looks like Bunami, an NPC

GAH! when i saw that name for a second i thought it was the bunami i know in passing. a player who to me comes off as rude.

Spacepest
Apr 24, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-04-24 10:31, AweOfShe wrote:
I don't think it's that they don't like you. I think it's more of the language barrier. A lot of them might not even know that much english, to even bother coming to talk to you guys. I wouldn't take it too personally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I also think it has to do with how the mission ranking is set up in PSU vs. PSO. I remember in PSO JP players popping into games and playing with USA players all the time without alot of problems. Plus the ingame translator of PSO helped a bit with communication. But then again, most games in PSO you didn't lose mission points and meseta if someone died while out on a run. I can see why JP players wouldn't want to join a USA team then...if someone you can't communicate with screws up, you lose money and experience. (I also saw the same thing with the JP players on FFXI. My friend from JP told me that most JP players didn't want to play with USA players because a death due to miscommunication would result in experience loss and deleveling).

My point is, the whole dying screwing up mission ranking is a big drawback for people playing on mixed teams. I'll bet if Sega changed the way the ranking system was done (like they seem to be trying on the AoI Beta) then alot more people would be willing to play in mixed teams (because you could just possibly moon and revive your dead teammate with no rank loss).

Dark_Heal_v2
Apr 24, 2007, 07:46 PM

Futhermore, take note that its golden week in japan, meaning they would have a series of holidays to hunt the hell of these rares all day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holidays_of_Japan

From my experience, the majority of the JP players do not like to play with foreigners. You could interpret "JP only" as referring to the language, but I really believe they are pointing to the race rather. I have seen some games "Foreigners X". Needless to say, that kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

Shiryuu
Apr 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
So this means a normal 10* bow is finally gonna come out. Weird that they still haven't released a S-rank bruce though.

Ravennittes
Apr 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-04-24 17:46, Dark_Heal_v2 wrote:

Futhermore, take note that its golden week in japan, meaning they would have a series of holidays to hunt the hell of these rares all day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holidays_of_Japan

From my experience, the majority of the JP players do not like to play with foreigners. You could interpret "JP only" as referring to the language, but I really believe they are pointing to the race rather. I have seen some games "Foreigners X". Needless to say, that kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

Hell, I know a lil bit of JP and don't get kicked out of parties when I join 'em on uni 16. We usually have no clue what eachother are sayin, but we get a few points across to one another. Ain't found one who'll speak english with me yet, however. I don;t really understand all this hate that's goin around I guess.

PSU is a game. Something you have fun playing. It's an MMO so it's implied that you should be playing with others, so in my oppinion playing with peple, JP included is just in the spirit of the game... Now if only I could tell some japs that... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vg_geek86
Apr 24, 2007, 08:10 PM
Just as long as the updates come more frequently then they did on the GC, Im happy. I dont think Im askin for to much.

As for playing with the Japanese, 90% of what challenge modes on GC I did was with them. I enjoyed playing with them, I just wish we could have communicated a bit more. They seemed to understand me alot of the time, but I had no clue what was going on as for as discussions went. For all I know they where crackin wise bout my mama the whole time >=(

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
jp bastardz

Fyrin
Apr 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
err . . . I may need to get a jp copy of PSU >.>

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2007, 08:35 PM
So, wait. They're selling completed S ranks for just a couple of million meseta each? How much are the boards?
Oh, I really hope this is similar to how the PC version is going to be. But, knowing American greed, it's doubtful. Otherwise, I could just sell a few S rank boards and make one myself with ease.

Turbobrain
Apr 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
As I said in a recent thread similiar to this.... I and a good many other people are really not happy at the way that the non Japenese servers are treated. Namely the fact we are months behind content wise and in some cases will never enjoy the content they have or had. To re-iterate; there is NO credible reason other than apathy. I don't mean to get political but the Japanese have been known to be a rather xenophobic people even at corparate level.... this being the case and the fact I really do like the

Umberger
Apr 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-04-24 18:37, Turbobrain wrote:
this being the case and the fact I really do like the

Dear God, the suspense is killing me...THE WHAT!??!

But really, they've had the game longer, and even had their characters deleted at one point. I think there's a good enough reason that they're ahead of us content wise.

Turbobrain
Apr 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
game like many others, I guess even though we don't like the situation, we have no choice other than to put up with second rate service. I really do resent paying the same as Japanese players for less... I pay for a friends account also. But... what you gonna do?!

Lamak
Apr 24, 2007, 09:08 PM
They are stealing mah monies.

Schubalts
Apr 24, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-04-24 18:35, Zorafim wrote:
So, wait. They're selling completed S ranks for just a couple of million meseta each? How much are the boards?
Oh, I really hope this is similar to how the PC version is going to be. But, knowing American greed, it's doubtful. Otherwise, I could just sell a few S rank boards and make one myself with ease.

Everybody is greedy. We just have more meseta ;|

Arika
Apr 25, 2007, 12:03 AM
I hope pirce in US/EU will going down, and later, S rank [b] on sell with around 20mil = enough
WE need more new player to help in economy, and also buy NPC shop!! (LOL)

Balthasar
Apr 25, 2007, 09:30 AM
Mod Edit: Post removed. Let's try and express ourselves with some modicum of tact.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-25 08:31 ]</font>

Sylpheed
Apr 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
I have no problem with being behind Japan whatsoever theyve had the game alot longer than we have therefore it makes sense for them to be ahead, its only fair. The only problem i have is we have to wait weeks and weeks for updates for example the update we had to wait three weeks for which was what some new clothes and some moatoob mission on S2 which in all fairness no one has hardly even bothered to leave theryre secure lives at the labs to try them out. weve now had to wait TWO weeks for an update that gives us TWO more missions on S2 i mean what the hell ST need to think more about they're players rather than their wallets

Itsuki
Apr 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-04-24 21:42, Schubalts wrote:

On 2007-04-24 18:35, Zorafim wrote:

Everybody is greedy. We just have more meseta ;|

The prices on the US server were far higher than they were on ths JP server before all the hacking started and there was more money on the US server. Regardless of the money situation, the US community will always be greedy.

As for the S-rank situation. A completed one of decent quality is probably around 5mil. Some of the ones people don't use much are down there in the 3mil range. Boards aren't too much less.

Halarod boards are like 4mil or so for example. Someone I know in game managed to see a svalatus sword board for 7mil (but those are relatively new at the time, so they were worth more because less are in the system).

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-04-25 10:45, Itsuki-chan wrote:

The prices on the US server were far higher than they were on ths JP server before all the hacking started and there was more money on the US server.

Considering the population difference, as well as the extra time the JP players have had to bring more items into the economy, that's to be expected.

Itsuki
Apr 25, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-04-25 11:13, Sychosis wrote:
Considering the population difference, as well as the extra time the JP players have had to bring more items into the economy, that's to be expected.

Extra time not involved. I meant from like what they were at the end of the first month of JP to what they were at the end of the first month of US.

Population differences can cause a difference. But with the increased supply, there is also an increased demand, so it should average out overall.

But money and prices aside, I'm actually looking forward to just hunting for the S-ranks I want. They really don't take THAT long to hunt for. I could use some S-rank crossbows... Or any GT S-ranks for that matter.

Golto
Apr 25, 2007, 01:25 PM
Srank twin handguns ftw. They would be a weird drop for whats new for JPN though.

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-04-24 17:53, Shiryuu wrote:
So this means a normal 10* bow is finally gonna come out. Weird that they still haven't released a S-rank bruce though.

doubt they ever will. its not really a casual mission, just kinda like a speed challange.

Raven5_1
Apr 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
okay since i'm new to PSU can someone explain this hacking situation that happened and this psu economy.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 03:39 PM
People got items. People sold items for an amount that nobody would buy for, due to poor sense of economy and broken item search feature.
People duped meseta. People bought items, not caring how high they were sold for. Meseta pored into the economy, and photons that should sell for 250~ each were sold for 100,000 each. Everyone had money. Items worth more than a common saber weren't sold, because meseta was useless. Hilarity insured.

I got four pure PMs out of all that, but I'd much rather be able to buy a skill PP save from a player shop. Really, if ST just implements a decent shop search feature, things will even out. But as it stands, that much is terribly doubtful.

Golto
Apr 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Ok I was right about the other 10* bow board dropping with this update. So far they have the 10* bow hirokuteri? dropping from Bysha type-Koh21 lvl 100+ in Grove of Fanatics s2. Aslo the 10* single claw board drops fro lvl 100+ Tenghohs in Demons Above S2. Lets hope the sniper casts in Desert Golaith S2 will drop the 10* [B] Blackbull but i'm not that confident it does.

Dhylec
Apr 26, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:32, Raven5_1 wrote:
okay since i'm new to PSU can someone explain this hacking situation that happened and this psu economy.

In the early weeks of launching, PSU was hacked on PC ver. (heh, if that surprised you, you are too new to online games.) There were a large amount of meseta hacked into the game, thus inflating things many folds. As a result, many left for 360 ver.
There were also some hacked weapons, but were later wiped out by patches. Cheaters were banned. The meseta still remain, but is slowly drained away. Check Cheater forum for details.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-04-26 11:07 ]</font>

Itsuki
Apr 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
The new bruce-like mission is crazy. Crazy in a well designed way. I mean, I thought bruce's was pretty well designed, but this is in its own league.

First off, the mission is out of like 1300 pts or something similar to that. So you have 2 ways you can approach it:
1) Collect all of the samples, 20 total, each worth 50 pts
2) Collect most of the samples, and clear the mission FAST

This really gives it its own flavor I think. Since you don't need to go for speed quite as much. Even if you run out of time, you don't necessarily fail. You still get pts for the number of samples you collected. So as long as you collected a decent number of samples, even if you don't make it to the end of the mission you can still make a reasonable A.

EDIT: And keep in mind, "reasonable A" means 7500 / 75mp for C. An S on C is 10000 / 100mp. 320mp for an S on A. An A on A would be more than what you can get running crimson beast / labs s2.

Second, the level design has all this criss crossing and splitting up that really gives it a different sort of feel. It has an especially interesting last block, where your team gets split up into 2 groups. Half on the left of the map, half on the right. Then you get to bridge where both teams switch sides, and have to kill monsters in the rooms that the other team was just in. Its confusing as all hell at first, but beautifully designed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-04-26 12:47 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Wow, that sounds really neat... :o

Looking forward to that.

Golto
Apr 26, 2007, 05:40 PM
New party mission sounds cool Itsuki-chan. What are the level of the monsters in A rank?

This might not be new but it seems lvl 100+ Goshins drop the 10* single dagger board Deva-zashi. Probaly because of the drop change a few updates ago. So i guess we can look forward to getting this when we get Rainbow Beast S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-04-26 15:44 ]</font>

Soukosa
Apr 26, 2007, 06:27 PM
I noticed the Deva-zashi thing on the wiki the other week. So either ST changed something recently or someone input the wrong item for it. Either way it's another 10* we'll be able to hunt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarode
Apr 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
The new Co-op mission is really nice. For C Rank difficulty, it has some of the highest pay out I've seen.

(yes, I switched to JP, so don't ask any further.)

Lyrise
Apr 28, 2007, 01:07 AM
On 2007-04-26 15:40, Golto wrote:
New party mission sounds cool Itsuki-chan. What are the level of the monsters in A rank?

This might not be new but it seems lvl 100+ Goshins drop the 10* single dagger board Deva-zashi. Probaly because of the drop change a few updates ago. So i guess we can look forward to getting this when we get Rainbow Beast S2.

The monsters in A are 85. Mind you, even though they are 85, level 90 players are still getting owned, and its mainly due to the leader gohomon/fire gohmons. The fact that ST actually put them together (yes you can see both in one mob) makes it all the more painful.

Aralia
Apr 28, 2007, 02:25 AM
sounds fun..

Either way, I have a feeling with the right tactics it's more than do-able.

(lots'a monster flinging : rising strike, rising crush, tornado dance, etc... Sounds like my FG is gonna love the place. =D )

Lyrise
Apr 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
....or hate it. There are 3, count'em, *3* Kagajibaris in the last room.

RadiantLegend
Apr 28, 2007, 11:16 AM
....or hate it. There are 3, count'em, *3* Kagajibaris in the last room.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif awesome.

Lyrise
Apr 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
In A rank anyway, in B and C there are only 2. Either way, Tornado Dance is the last thing you want to use in there. The last set will be accompanied by gohmons as well.