PDA

View Full Version : Rising Strike vs Gravity Strike !!

Arika
Apr 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
IF you choose only 1 for saber PA
(no bruce's PA choice please, it is unrelease)

Rising Strike :
basic,very fast hit, first = knock up, second = knock back, it is so useful, but it hit only few quick hit.
suit for AF style ,I think (high EVA = high block, they need fast combo PA more than slow combo PA)

Gravity Strike :
Hyuga 's PA , more combo and it can hit up to 3 enemies, totally over damage than risking strike. but the step of first combo>second combo is quite slow, this make enemy counter chance!!
suit for damage favor like FG/FF(if they use saber:P)

What do u think? state ur idea and choice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-24 09:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-24 21:53 ]</font>

Shaidar
Apr 24, 2007, 11:37 AM
Tend to use them both. Rising Strike can send things flying quite a bit and quickly knocks down alot of stuff that otherwise tend to be troublesome. If you're ready you can keep them down and prevent any counterattacks. Great mobcontrol.

Gravity on the other hand does more damage even if it leaves you vulnerable. And unlike Rising Strike it won't send the monsters into orbit so you won't mess too much for fellow partymembers.

Lately I've mostly used Gravity, but I still use Rising Strike with a few of my sabers.

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'd stick with rising strike. Keeps most big guys temporarily stun-locked. usually for most PA's, I choose it's capabilities as well as damage. Sure you can hit multiple times with Gravity Strike, but at the same time you can get blasted, megid, or frozen where as the enemy can't retaliate when you're stunning them with rising. Just my style of melee fighting. If they can't do anything, they're easier to kill.

Arika
Apr 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-04-24 09:38, CyarVictor wrote:
I'd stick with rising strike. Keeps most big guys temporarily stun-locked. usually for most PA's, I choose it's capabilities as well as damage. Sure you can hit multiple times with Gravity Strike, but at the same time you can get blasted, megid, or frozen where as the enemy can't retaliate when you're stunning them with rising. Just my style of melee fighting. If they can't do anything, they're easier to kill.

You said for Rising strike, but you vote for Gravity Strike lol, because first 2 vote = gravity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
Rising strike if your afraid of getting hit (low level, levelling a low level job, whatever) or you can't get it past 10 because it has a knockup effect right at the getgo, whereas gravity strike doesn't have it until the second part.

I think gravity strike is better in the end than rising, personally, you just have to level it.

omegapirate2k
Apr 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-04-24 09:41, Arika wrote:

You said for Rising strike, but you vote for Gravity Strike lol, because first 2 vote = gravity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What if he didn't vote at all?

A2K
Apr 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
Both skills have their roles. What saber skill is appropriate to use is dependent on what else you're carrying, I'd say--whatever properly compliments your style.

AweOfShe
Apr 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
I like Rising Strike more, simply because of how it looks. I don't like how Gravity Strike looks, so you may never see me with it, despite how much better it is for damage. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MaximusLight
Apr 24, 2007, 12:42 PM
Rising strike for me please!

Weeaboolits
Apr 24, 2007, 12:42 PM
I like Gravity Strike, mainly because I like moves that hit a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thrash777
Apr 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Rising has more impact, and its good PP value

CyarVictor
Apr 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-04-24 09:41, Arika wrote:

Yea, I accidentally pressed gravity. Sorta have my mind in Maya 8.0 right now at work. Lol.

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 01:23 PM
I stick with Gravity Strike, since I really dislike Rising Strike's throwback at the end. And it looks cooler. ;D

As soon as we get Spinning Strike, I'm replacing Gravity Strike. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 01:23 PM
i say Gravity

Oniko
Apr 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
I only have one sword PA atm, lol. It happens to be Gravity Strike, because it makes things die >.> If I want to throw things in the air, I usually use Rising Crush.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
Depends on your class.

If you're for example a Fighgunner actually using Sabers, i.e. for damage and stuff, Gravity Strike is better.

If you're a Fortegunner, on the other hand, you'll use Sabers for the juggle or knockback effects, because if you need to deal damage, you'll use Rifles, Crossbows, Shotguns, etc.

Anyway, I have both at 30, and I like Gravity Strike a bit better, but they both rock.

XanGabriel
Apr 24, 2007, 01:37 PM
Whoo! Tie Breaker. Grav Strike, why, you ask?
It's kind of obvious. Rising Strike is cheaper.
My outlook: more meseta put into it, the better it looks and performs.

XD

Amalga
Apr 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
Rising Strike, actually. Since I solo a lot it's not so much of a concern. I'm a Fighgunner, solely because it provides a nice balance between Striking and Ranged weapons while still concentrating on the Striking half, so most of my attacks concentrate on close-range. Rising Strike's just great for mobs or picking off lone enemies with higher HP (Jusnagun and Dilnazen, for instance).

When I'm in a party, I mostly only use it on burrowing enemies as they can't be thrown back. Otherwise I only use it for crowd control when needed (such as getting all enemies in one place for TECHNIC users).

VanHalen
Apr 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
I like the moves for Gravity Strike so that one is my favorite cause of looks. Though I use Rising Strike if I'm in a mission and a too many enemies decide to gang up on me.....then again that's why I have tornado break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-04-24 13:26 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
i use both cause they both have their purpose. I choose gravity strike just cause it hits more than rising strike.

Raven5_1
Apr 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
gravity strike is my PA of choice

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
Rising is just so lame.....hit up...and down....up...and down....ZZzzzZzzzzZZZ.....

Gravity has the same knockback, and more hits, and damage, and cooler.

edit: and flipkick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (lol @ Kaydin)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-04-24 15:03 ]</font>

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-04-24 14:58, Rashiid wrote:
Rising is just so lame.....hit up...and down....up...and down....ZZzzzZzzzzZZZ.....

Gravity has the same knockback, and more hits, and damage, and cooler.

Don't forget the flip kick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SuperChoco
Apr 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
As a wartecher, I would use Rising Strike to take down enemies with only the first combo. I would never really use the second part, it just makes it harder for allies(forces) to hit the enemy.

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:01, SuperChoco wrote:
I would never really use the second part, it just makes it harder for allies(forces) to hit the enemy.

yay someone that cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

i cant stand when ppl use that and knock enemies from my all powered Damfoie!!

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
Rising Strike, I perfer a Flashy strong asort of attacks, that actually do something effective, that being, knockup/back.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-04-24 13:17, Amalga wrote:
I'm a Fighgunner (...) Rising Strike's just great for mobs or picking off lone enemies with higher HP (Jusnagun and Dilnazen, for instance).But if you're a Fighgunner, Tornado Dance will do what Rising Strike does to big monsters, except 100% better =/

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 07:41 PM
can i have a vote and say that they both suck...hehe.

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-04-24 17:41, BunnyGirl wrote:
can i have a vote and say that they both suck...hehe.

tru. single sabers still are fairly weak. compared to other weapons.

SandstormX
Apr 24, 2007, 10:41 PM
I use Gravity Strike all the time. I like the animations of it as well.

Pillan
Apr 24, 2007, 10:58 PM
Gravity Strike because it has an incredibly high number of hits in a short ammount of time. Not to mention the last 4 hits get buffed damage AND hit three targets. However, the range is its major drawback. You're not going to hit more than 2 targets unless you're facing a subboss with three or more attack areas. Also the last hit of the second part of the combo often misses the current target, which has been launched in the air, but you can fix that by switching targets before you land.

I'd actually advise both if you plan to use sabers as much as I do (which is pretty much all the time). Though Rising is clearly less damage per time and less damage per PP, it becomes very useful when dealing with enemies that massacre hunters since the enemy can't fight back (such as Vanda Mertha).

Amalga
Apr 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-04-24 17:39, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-04-24 13:17, Amalga wrote:
I'm a Fighgunner (...) Rising Strike's just great for mobs or picking off lone enemies with higher HP (Jusnagun and Dilnazen, for instance).But if you're a Fighgunner, Tornado Dance will do what Rising Strike does to big monsters, except 100% better =/

I'm quite aware of that, though my ATP isn't high enough to use a Double Saber yet. Rising Strike will have to do. As far as Gravity Strike, well, I honestly just never found a use for it that couldn't already be covered with another PA. Moubu Seiren-zan tends to accomplish the same for me--do decent damage/stun without kicking enemies all over the place.

Thing is, though, Tornado Dance is substantially more annoying for parties. While I solo much, much more than join parties, I'm not into the whole "piss people off with my obnoxious PA" thing.

Arika
Apr 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
from what I read the conclusion =

play solo : Rising Strike
party : Gravity Strike

Hrith
Apr 25, 2007, 08:00 AM
Tornado Dance is awesome in parties, too, just use it on big monsters.

Using Tornado Dance on small critters is annoying even if you're soloing ;x

Arika
Apr 25, 2007, 08:21 AM
lol, when did this topic, become Tornado Dance XP

Eleina
Apr 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
Rising stike = cool
Looking Gay like hyuga = priceless...
Gravity strike FTW

PMB960
Apr 25, 2007, 09:29 AM
I can't decide. Right now I have my Saber paired with an xbow(FG). Both PAs cause knockdown then I just fire off some xbow shots untill I confuse/virus them. I like all single handed weapon PAs because it knocks enemies down and it makes it easy for you blast them with a mechgun/xbow although if I wanted to I could just weapon switch since there is no weapon switch lag for me.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'd pick Rising Strike. Quick knockback. If I want damage, I use an axe or crossbow (the latter of which goes great with Rising Strike). I only really liked Gravity Strike as a fortegunner to keep moving behind enemies while still beating the shit outta them. And now that I'm protranser, I can simply stay behind enemies whilst using other melee weapon PAs. Also, the looks. Rising isn't too fancy (I hate stuff that's too fancy), Gravity just barely misses the line between too fancy and simple enough.

Weeaboolits
Apr 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
Tornado dance is the only reason I survived HIVE in story. XP
Anyway, although I like Gravity Strike better, truth be told I'd have a dagger in hand rather than saber any day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tsavo
Apr 25, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:22, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Anyway, although I like Gravity Strike better, truth be told I'd have a dagger in hand rather than saber any day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

My thoughts exactly.

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 03:36 PM

The only reason I survived hive in story was because the enemies sucked ass.

VanHalen
Apr 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:36, omegapirate2k wrote:

Not when that megid wall comes at you and you have no more scapes left and when you die it goes to the gameover screen. Tornado Dance saved me from Dark Falkis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tsavo
Apr 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:45, VanHalen wrote:

Not when that megid wall comes at you and you have no more scapes left and when you die it goes to the gameover screen. Tornado Dance saved me from Dark Falkis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Is that what he throws at you and pushes you back with? I haven't played offline in awhile but if I remember correctly I just slaped on a good dark armor, a STA boosting unit and literally walked thorugh HIVE. Falkis fell to a couple of Dus Daggas, final form fell before the combo finished.

Weeaboolits
Apr 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
I was underleveled when I went in for the first time, I had to tornado dance pretty much everything but the pannons to stop them from pwning me, and my idiots wouldn't stay alive long enough to draw fire away from me. :/
I've never been one-shotted by megid, but gall, that base damage is effective.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
Safety heart. There, you just beat the HIVE.

VanHalen
Apr 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:50, Tsavo wrote:

Is that what he throws at you and pushes you back with? I haven't played offline in awhile but if I remember correctly I just slaped on a good dark armor, a STA boosting unit and literally walked thorugh HIVE. Falkis fell to a couple of Dus Daggas, final form fell before the combo finished.

Oh no it was the enemies in the begining. The first time I stepped I was like "Daymn megid city!"

Amalga
Apr 25, 2007, 11:58 PM

The only time I ever used Tornado Dance was on the Bil de Vear-whatevers on Moatoob.

HIVE was easy. Dulk Fakis (both modes) was even easier. Went through the whole thing with a Durandal. Rising Strike.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amalga on 2007-04-25 21:59 ]</font>

Tsavo
Apr 26, 2007, 12:05 AM
On 2007-04-25 17:11, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-04-25 13:50, Tsavo wrote:

Oh no it was the enemies in the begining. The first time I stepped I was like "Daymn megid city!"

Haha, yeah. First times a charm, no? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

LTrav2k
Apr 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
I've sunk into using gravity strike a lot less. For one handed saber rising strike has been great as of late. Quicker stuns and just more utility than gravity strike. Not to mention since I can access the second part of it standalone in some cases, it makes it much easier to knock things away from me or more vulnerable teammates.

Alisha
Apr 26, 2007, 12:35 AM
if megid actually kills you offline then lol..... characters offline have 20+ STA/END. also to the people that say sabers are weak.... double lol

buccaneer has 590 atp and rapier has 550 thats pretty damn close to spears.

Arika
Apr 26, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-04-25 06:21, Arika wrote:
lol, when did this topic, become Tornado Dance XP

This topic was hijacked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Mayu
Apr 26, 2007, 02:02 AM
Rising strike

Aralia
Apr 26, 2007, 05:50 AM
Rising strike.

Can't have more than 2 saber pa's on my melee character, and personally.. I prefer the ult. pa more than the advanced. And honestly, I don't particularly want to delete a 21+ -30 skill if I don't have to, so I'm not wasting my time.

hainsaw3
Apr 26, 2007, 05:59 AM
but gravity strike is so sexy >.>