PDA

View Full Version : Rrate the following ULT bullets

Kimil
Apr 24, 2007, 02:50 PM
Okay, I'm thinking off giving up the supporting role as a WT since a lot of people are going to be GT, FT or AT which will beat my WT support techs anyday... I am considering trying figunner and I have some FRAGs to spend... here are my questions.

Handgun:
How useful is the heal off of each shot? At lvl 10 and level 20.

Mechgun:
I want this one, but I hear the ATA is HORRIBLE so a beast would not have use for it. Is this true?

Crossbow:
Is the power boost durring low HP worth it? Or do you always get healled before you can even use it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-24 12:52 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 24, 2007, 02:53 PM
The only one of those that I own is the Mechgun Bullet. It ALWAYS has 1% Accuracy, so unless you're attacking *waits* FROM BEHIND! you won't hit anything. It also has shorter range than a regular Mechgun Bullet, but that really doesn't matter, because it staggers like none other.

I enjoy it, you may or may not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-24 12:54 ]</font>

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
It doesn't matter what race/class you are, the Mechgun Ult PA's ATA sucks rocks. Cast Fortegunners have 500+ ATA, but 1% of 500 is only 5.

You have to attack from behind for it to actually hit.

Midicronica
Apr 24, 2007, 02:58 PM
Can't speak on any of the other ones, but I do have Mayalee Fury. Just as Obsidian said, it's always at 1% ACC, etc. It's a situational PA that's good for stun-locking big monsters (Gol Dova, the most notable) and allowing your hunter buddies to beat the shit out of it.

I'm curious about the Ult Crossbow PA myself. Yak Zengenagog or whatever it's called.

Jey
Apr 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-04-24 12:50, Kimil wrote:
Handgun:
How useful is the heal off of each shot? At lvl 10 and level 20.

Sucks balls at lv10 (the hp drain part, anyway), with only 1:15ish hp-regained/damage ratio. HOWEVER, it does hit up to two targets, so despite the lower att%, the 2xhit does more damage on my fortefighter than an elemental bullet on stuff like De Ragan's neck when it flies and I can't beat up its tail. Eh. At lv20 the hp drain still isn't worth the massive pp cost. At lv30 it's ok~~~~~~...

Mechgun:
I want this one, but I hear the ATA is HORRIBLE so a beast would not have use for it. Is this true?

Eh, with 1% acc mod (that goes up to 2 and 3% at 11 and 21 skill) even a cast wouldn't hit shyte face-on with it. It's deliberately designed to be tricky to use, and the flippy status effect comes at that cost (not to mention the exponentially crazy pp drain and super-short range). It's nice (and really annoying for melee trying to PA-stunlock) for stunlocking big stuff. I deleted Fury off of my main char, if that means anything, and on Fighgunner I would rather PA-stunlock with Rising Crush than use Fury. Just me.

Crossbow:
Is the power boost durring low HP worth it? Or do you always get healled before you can even use it?

While this PA is farking awesome on fortegunner and maybe guntecher, I don't see a Fighgunner getting as much bang for it, maybe because of the lv20 limitation (only 2 bullets) combined with the pp cost. That and I keep getting healed, lol.

Personally if you're just going to play Figh, I wouldn't bother with anything but Twin Mayalee for frag bullet arts.

Sol-Edge
Apr 24, 2007, 05:03 PM
I use crossbow and got Yak Zagenga 21+. It most certainly is a very powerful PA but it's very expensive and has shorter range than the other Xbow PA. It doesn't have elemental effects so this doesn't really make a good supporting PA. It's specialty(lower HP= More DMG) Isn't as great as it sounds because you end up getting healed by forces most of the time anyway. The damage is awesome when your HP is low but if you are going for damage why not just use the correct elements on enemies AND get a status effect while at it? I believe this would make a good solo PA but then again if you're gonna solo then why not just use slightly weaker bullets with abnormal effects?

Basically It's not worth it to me. Bad for teams and okay for soloing(But solo is boring in this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) It also takes VERY long to level this to 21.

TorterraEndor
Apr 24, 2007, 05:07 PM
I don't really see the ult crossbow PA being so useful. FOs healing, hard to dodge attack, offscreen attack, etc. Too many risk factors to be consistently useful.

Espcially when you're wasting the weapons SE3. Burn can easilly do the most damage on small-medium enemies.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 24, 2007, 05:11 PM
I enjoy the Xbow. It does have high PP cost, but that's why I switch to it only when I'm in yellow. If you love one handed melee, it's a great weapon to pair. You fight with the melee, and when your HP gets low, you switch to it, and do some close range shots for great damage. Fighgunners can get it, and I even suggest it if you're going to be getting the expansion, because Fighgunners get level 30 bullets there, making Xbow amazing for us Fighgunners... I'm leveling my Xbows now in anticipation.

THE JACKEL

SolomonGrundy
Apr 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:07, TorterraEndor wrote:
I don't really see the ult crossbow PA being so useful. FOs healing, hard to dodge attack, offscreen attack, etc. Too many risk factors to be consistently useful.

Espcially when you're wasting the weapons SE3. Burn can easilly do the most damage on small-medium enemies.

the only thing that sucks about fire is that most enemies are ice. so the damgage is redcued in a lot of cases.

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:14, SolomonGrundy wrote:
the only thing that sucks about fire is that most enemies are ice. so the damgage is redcued in a lot of cases.

There are very few ice enemies in the game. Fire is the majority. Only Neudaiz has ice enemies: Ologohmon, Ageeta, and Kamatoze I believe are the only ones.

I think what your saying is that most enemies are fire, thus reducing damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-04-24 15:22 ]</font>

Sol-Edge
Apr 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
TorterraEndor was only giving an example -_-. She simply meant the regular damage plus the burn damage would be better than any damage done by Yak Zagenga. Yes, Virus is better but it was just an example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sol-Edge on 2007-04-24 15:40 ]</font>

Midicronica
Apr 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:21, Kaydin wrote:

There are very few ice enemies in the game. Fire is the majority. Only Neudaiz has ice enemies: Ologohmon, Ageeta, and Kamatoze I believe are the only ones.

Jishagara and La Pucha are also ice. They're both native to Moatoob, yo. C'mon, Kugu Fox, get it together! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:44, Shadow_Moses wrote:

On 2007-04-24 15:21, Kaydin wrote:

Jishagara and La Pucha are also ice. They're both native to Moatoob, yo. C'mon, Kugu Fox, get it together! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I knew I was forgetting something. XD

I've been offline for 2 weeks, it's starting to take a toll. >.>;

Kimil
Apr 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
So really each Bullet has its flaws...

Handgun and Crossbow both only really work when soloing

and Mech is only good "From Behind!"

Hmmmm.... I dunno really... I'll just see with of the weps I use more often and decide then

Hrith
Apr 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
I find the Handgun UPA very useful, the other two are garbage; Mayalee Fury is good in 0.01% of the situations in this game, Yak Zagenga is worse than any of the other Crossbow PAs.

Kimil
Apr 24, 2007, 09:26 PM
I just id buy the handgun one, It's crap at low levels lol. But Its lvl 3 now, It'll get there.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
I did more damage with Yak Zagenga at level 21 and at full HP against dark enemies than Yak Yoga at level 21. I can't really say how significant the lower HP bonus is, but the damage is insane regardless. And for status effects, I can simply use traps.

Mayalee Hit seems good, though I don't see too much worth in the HP restoration effect, since I have mates and other peoples' resta. Its damage I won't know until its level matches that of my Burning Hit.

Mayalee Fury sounds downright worthless to me. Might be fun to use every now and then, but it'd have to be among the last ult PAs I get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-25 13:38 ]</font>