PDA

View Full Version : Low Level PA's vs High Level Monsters

Raysa
Apr 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
So I've ran Demons Above lately and my rifle bullet was at 9, but when I started running Demons Above at 45 the bullet leveled up incredibly fast.

I'm wondering if the level of your PA, your level or enemy level effect the amount of EXP your PA gets?

pineapple
Apr 24, 2007, 03:44 PM
It should so that high level characters can change classes more easily. I don't know if it does though.

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
Bullets simply work on a how many hit basis. One would wish tougher monsters mean better PA rewards, but as it stands, it's just hits. It does benefit high level characters in the way that you'll be using better ATA, to do it with.

XanGabriel
Apr 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
...So it's not based on dmg., but the level of the enemy you're damaging?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 03:48 PM
Don't even think it's that. I haven't seen evidence, in the contrary, that it isn't simply how many bullets hit a live target. (maybe, just maybe critical hits might go towards PA EXP a little faster than non-critical hits; but that's a difficult one to measure)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-24 13:49 ]</font>

Kaydin
Apr 24, 2007, 03:51 PM
PAs gain exp per hit, no matter the level of enemy or the damage you do.

What we're saying is that higher level enemies take more hits to kill, therefore you get more exp from killing that enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-04-24 13:51 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Apr 24, 2007, 03:51 PM
LoL
How 'bout this:
Anyone know how to level up PA's? Make it a list, plz. Such as:
Bullets: do this
Techs: do that
Melee: don't not do these.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Apr 24, 2007, 03:52 PM
I seem to have an easier time leveling PAs against higher level enemies, but that could just be me. Offline, I leveled a handgun bullet from lv1-11 in one Perfect Zero mission.

XanGabriel
Apr 24, 2007, 03:53 PM
Makes sense...
I had always thought it was dmg., but hearing about how megid supposedly takes EXP from how many hit-chains it makes, and then this supposition of higher lvl enemies>lower, I guess I overlooked my original thesis.

Umberger
Apr 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
Rifle bullets level based on # of hits. So if you hit a level 1 enemy 10 times, you'll get the same amount of experience that a level 100 enemy would yield after 10 hits.

Akaimizu
Apr 24, 2007, 03:56 PM
It's basically what Kaydin says. High level monsters take more bullets to take down, so you are shooting more. Still, it all comes down to doing one thing. If you want to raise a bullet, you simply want to drain down your guns using that bullet, recharge them, and repeat.

One can simply run into a level with the sole purpose of levelling the bullets. Start a mission, drain the guns on a relatively tough monster, recharge. That's the main ticket. What doesn't help you much is if your in a level too easy that you just aren't draining those guns, or draining them fast enough.

It's also why Bullet/PP save could be the cats meow for a gunner. Getting more bullets out of the same guns without a recharge equals not only being better for SEs, but generally getting that little bonus of your ability to raise bullets faster. So good, but so hard to get. The costs for it is still detrimental to the time spent trying to get it yourself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-24 13:59 ]</font>

Itsuki
Apr 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-04-24 13:48, Akaimizu wrote:
Don't even think it's that. I haven't seen evidence, in the contrary, that it isn't simply how many bullets hit a live target. (maybe, just maybe critical hits might go towards PA EXP a little faster than non-critical hits; but that's a difficult one to measure)

Offline, its not hard to meassure, you can look at the memory location where PA experience is, and watch it go up.

Atleast for offline, it can definitely be said that PA experence is on a by hit and by hit alone basis. I so no reason why they'd change that for online.

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-04-24 13:52, Zorafim wrote:
I seem to have an easier time leveling PAs against higher level enemies, but that could just be me. Offline, I leveled a handgun bullet from lv1-11 in one Perfect Zero mission.

offline was heaven when it came tp leveling PAs.

cept techs...its so hard to level techs offline....mainly since everything's PP recharge was 1 per tick, so once a weapons was empty, it was hopeless waiting for it to recharge.

Melee on the other hand....wayy too easy.

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
you only think it level up faster cause you have to hit the enemies more since they have more hp. Am i right?

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 05:07 PM
in other words:

Hitting a Lv 1 Pannon will give you the same amount of exp as hitting a Lv 100 Pannon (well, Bel Pannon in that case)

APEXi
Apr 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
bullets: shoot mobs with opposite element

Umberger
Apr 24, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:09, APEXi wrote:

Shooting mobs of the same element would be a better idea...they'd do less damage, so you'll get more hits in.

Raysa
Apr 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
Alright, Thanks for the input guys.

Makes sense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I was just hitting the monster more so the # of hits was more compared to a lower level monster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Apr 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-04-24 15:16, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-04-24 15:09, APEXi wrote:

Shooting mobs of the same element would be a better idea...they'd do less damage, so you'll get more hits in.

i think its different for techs tho.
when i used Rafoie on, say Badiras, it would do normal.

but if i used it on the barta-casting ppl on neudaiz, it seemed to go up faster....

maybe it was mah head....but zonde also goes faster when using it on robots (ground ones)