PDA

View Full Version : extra mode to online?

Pumpkin-King
Apr 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
if u start a char in extra can you use that same char online? or do u have to start over?

Zantra
Apr 24, 2007, 06:42 PM
You have to start over, characters are non-transferable...

neovivi
Apr 24, 2007, 06:46 PM
Just so you know, there are reasons for this, good reasons. Prevent hacking your character and taking him online, and the game is balanced differently online and offline. Just thought I would say it before the obligatory "OMFG taht is teh suxx0rz and Sege is teh gayest thing ever" response. Not that I am accusing you of being like that, just thought I should explain it in advance if you were wondering why.

Pumpkin-King
Apr 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
lol, nah i dont have a porblem with it. i was just wondering cause it would be nice to be able to transfer. uh... i dont know what type of char to make tho

neovivi
Apr 24, 2007, 06:51 PM
Well, if you aren't sure start human and switch between the classes until you find your spot, since they are the guys who can do everything. It is fairly inexpensive to change classes, so mess around to your heart's content. And if you need any help online let me know, I'll be more than willing to help out anyone new.

Pumpkin-King
Apr 24, 2007, 06:53 PM
well, im not sure if im gonna get online, i kinda wanna but idk. and ya, i just cant decide who to be.

neovivi
Apr 24, 2007, 07:05 PM
I would recommend trying it at least, shell out the $10 and get your 30(+15 free), so 45 days, and see how you like it, that would give you plenty of time to find out what you want to be.

Cz
Apr 24, 2007, 07:54 PM
they will never add your offline character to online...Now i am just hoping they will add more contents offline instead...like multiplayer offline...probably wont ever happen either. >.>

HandOfThornz
Apr 25, 2007, 02:34 AM
On 2007-04-24 17:54, BunnyGirl wrote:
they will never add your offline character to online...Now i am just hoping they will add more contents offline instead...like multiplayer offline...probably wont ever happen either. >.>

yes an offline multi player would rock, but if i remember correctly an interview with one of the ppl making psu. said the playststion 2 struggles enough with 1 player(graphicaly)... so multi player offline would not run at all well.

i would love to swop items between characters offline(like pso), not just have single characters!

also offline updates would rock! the times were nothing is happening online(maintence),offline passes some time =)

PIT
Apr 25, 2007, 11:44 AM
are there any nice weapons in extra, or just 7 stars boards? >.>'

HandOfThornz
Apr 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
offline is a bit wierd with weps... you can buy S rank weps in npc shops(only 1 of nearly all type of wep,x1claw,x1handgun,x1cane,etc..), but not the boards for them(apart from [B] svaltus sword droped as mission reward on parum relics).

then A rank(7*) weps cant be bought at npc shop, but you can buy the (B) A rank's. you can find a couple of A rank boards in one or two of the missions.

also i havent found any A rank units yet. C,B rank are sold in shop. then whitill wing is the only S rank slot unit i know off.
also S rank armours are limited with 2 slots, its better to buy an A rank armour board(with 3 slots) and synth a high element.saving,reloading,etc....

Weeaboolits
Apr 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
I think that element % is fixed offline (IE: dbl saber always has 20% if ice when synthed.)

HandOfThornz
Apr 25, 2007, 12:38 PM
hmmm.. dont know if im allowed to pointed this out, this is in a sense is classed as cheating,but this is offline, so it should'nt bother people too much, sorry if does!

are you saving before synthing? if not, save before you synth, then synth, if the % is not what you want(e.g.20%) log out and reload and resynth. keep doing this till yo get a % you like.(this only works offline, just incase anyone says)

try and keep only 1 board ready to synth in your pm... i find this makes it easyier to make higher %.
example
i had a (b) svaltus sword in my pm ,but not enough k.wood.i needed to make some A rank rabol hard armours, with the above the logout,reload thing, the tops i could get an armour % was 60%, but then once id got the k.wood for svaltus sword, it was the only (B) i had in my pm, after about x10 reloads i got an 80%!!!

also when ive had 3 (b)'s in my pm i found it hard to synth higher than 40%..

maybe this was all just bad luck? but just my experience! =)

Kaydin
Apr 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
On 2007-04-25 09:44, PIT wrote:
are there any nice weapons in extra, or just 7 stars boards? >.>'

There are some 10* weapons in Extra mode. Not many though.

Thrash777
Apr 25, 2007, 06:16 PM
Forces are hard to use, but the most useful; heal/buff/debuff
Hunters are the easiest to use, and are damage sponges
Rangers are not as useful, but fun/cool to play; status effects galore, and have no problem hitting any enemy.

DemonCloak
Apr 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
If you don't like techs, be a cast, if you do like techs, be a newman. Beasts are limited and look stupid (nanoblast is kinda fun though) and humans are...well have fun settling for mediocrity.

Kaydin
Apr 25, 2007, 07:38 PM
Well, since your offline, just keep making new character combinations in Extra mode and find out what you like. Characters and PAs level much faster offline, it won't take you long to get a character up high enough to know if you like or dislike it.

Amalga
Apr 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
What system are you on, anyway? If you're on the 360 you may as well just download the Beta. It's a free month and you get a pretty good taste of Online mode (and you can test-fit as many character combos as you see fit). You can decide then if it's worth it.

Otherwise, just make different combinations in Extra Mode. Though, it might help if you tell us what you prefer doing in-game. Do you like to get in close and beat up monsters? Do you like to shoot them from far away? Do you like to cast a variety of spells? Combination of any of those?

PIT
Apr 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
i'm on ps2, still gathering cash for 360 =/

most of those things i've already found out myself, i can only add that forces aren't good just for buffs and healing, they can throw quite a large whoopass in extra. Dam-techs come in handy in close quarter combat, you can steer them left/right a bit and that's nice. i wish i had a chance to play online but i'm just too damn poor for it, i'm a student >.>'