PDA

View Full Version : Sori-Senba

Skyly
Apr 25, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm LV41 Beast. I Have The DFP To Equip It.
Is It Worth Buying?

Ether
Apr 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
No

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
Maylee has one, party with her and get her to say it

I <3 maylees accent when she says Sori-Senba.

Akaimizu
Apr 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
I like it. It took a good while to get it. 1 month and 3 weeks of savings. Still, it boosted everything on me compared to my last armor and I do intend on using the 4 slots on it.

MayLee
Apr 25, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-04-25 12:14, omegapirate2k wrote:

I don'thave an accent, damn you! >_<

I heart my Sori. =)

XDeviousX
Apr 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-04-25 12:13, sklyl wrote:
I'm LV41 Beast. I Have The DFP To Equip It.
Is It Worth Buying?

It was my first A ranked armor and I liked it a lot, for anyone that complains about the ice element against fire, (Which is true...) it has a lower ice % then gi-senba, so fire damage is raised, but not as bad as with gi-senba, and the ice def is lower but still effective, plus since it has a head slot you can attach a unit to raise your mst and lower tech damage even more. it has great defense, good mst, and 4 slots and a low def requirement. Anyone that hates it has no idea how to use armor effectively. I did switch to a crimson line later, (Fire and Dark ones..) but I still use my Sori from tiem to time.

youthisoverrated
Apr 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
sori's the best. it has all four slots!

chibiLegolas
Apr 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
I use mine quite often. But you'll have to be extra careful around fire type enemies. Especially if you're not a hunter type with a good HP boost. 11% may not seem like much, but for low HP type classes, it's more significant and you'll see the drawback on it.
Getting hit by dragon's breath with this is practically insta kill for me. FT/GT/fG.
I just stay the hell away from hard hitting fire types with this on.

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-04-25 12:17, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-04-25 12:14, omegapirate2k wrote:

I don'thave an accent, damn you! >_<

Yes you do, we all have an accent, just accept it and move on, besides, I like your accent XD

Radiata
Apr 25, 2007, 02:46 PM
PAGING SOUNOMI RAGE.

Skyly
Apr 25, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm Gonna Sounds All Good.
I Have About 324k Saved As Of Now.
I Should Have It By The End Of Today.
Thanks For The Replys.

Alkaar
Apr 25, 2007, 02:53 PM
My Fortegunner still wears a Sori-Senba. Two of the Sori's greatest benefits are the low defense requirement and all the slots.

When firing my rifles, I'm so far away and all I really have to look out for are any stray fireballs which I can easily dodge from a distance.

Eventually I'll get myself a Phanomline to go with the Phantom rifles for the extra 25% boost in ATP, ATA, and DFP.

Skyly
Apr 25, 2007, 03:41 PM
Bought It.
= )

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 03:47 PM
The only bad thing about it is the fact that it needs to be ice elemental. Seeing how ice elemental is the best type of armor in terms of looks, I always have it equipped. I have a dark armor for HIVE, and I need to work on more once I get enough money, but for general running around Sori is what I'd use.
Also, beyond its slots, it has the best stats for any cast hunters. Highest def, lowest eva, for any neutral enemy it's the best I can get.

Packrat
Apr 25, 2007, 04:36 PM
I hate it, makes the healing that much harder when people don't know how to avoid deragan properly. But hey, it's their scapes not mine.. >.>

Skyly
Apr 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
Alittle Off Topic

HA!! If People Are STILL Dieing From De Ragan. ..... No Comment.
1st Boss Ever And Still Having Problems

But How Does Sori-senba Stack Up Against Other A Rank Armors?

MayLee
Apr 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
Sori-Force would do great with this me thinks

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 04:39 PM
Hm, maybe I should switch it out when fighting ragon...

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 04:47 PM
Isn't that why people have a problem with it in the first place?

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-04-25 14:38, sklyl wrote:

Stat-wise, alot better.

wont be long untill someone comes in and starts a sermon about elemental percentages.....

Soukosa
Apr 25, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-04-25 14:47, Rashiid wrote:

Stat-wise, alot better.

*scratches head* Compared to other A rank armors, it's bottom of the barrel stats.

Why do people need 4 slots anyways? I have yet to hear a good reason why that's needed.

Also, if the ice element on it is gonna kill you, a MST or DFP unit isn't gonna save your ass.

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 04:55 PM
its EVP is really good.

no % will save ya there....

MayLee
Apr 25, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-25 14:53, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-04-25 14:47, Rashiid wrote:

Stat-wise, alot better.

*scratches head* Compared to other A rank armors, it's bottom of the barrel stats.

Why do people need 4 slots anyways? I have yet to hear a good reason why that's needed.

Also, if the ice element on it is gonna kill you, a MST or DFP unit isn't gonna save your ass.

Well I don't know about others but I NEED those slots gor power, TECH boost, DEF And something to boost my elemental percentage

Akaimizu
Apr 25, 2007, 05:26 PM
Easy. For the Head, I use a well-used TP Booster.

The the Extra Slot, I currently use the HP regen (maybe the lesser of importance).

The body slot, I use to boost my DFP/Evasion.

The Arm Slot. That will get the Bullet/PP save when I eventually get one.

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-04-25 15:26, Akaimizu wrote:
Easy. For the Head, I use a well-used TP Booster.

The the Extra Slot, I currently use the HP regen (maybe the lesser of importance).

The body slot, I use to boost my DFP/Evasion.

The Arm Slot. That will get the Bullet/PP save when I eventually get one.

see? not everyone uses armor for JUST lowering numbers recieved.

id rather use my slots to increase EVA and power.

so, Sori = win http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

twysted
Apr 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
i have had my sori forever and i love it it really helps on neudaiz yeah there are the tengohg but against the chicken riders it owns i used to always get frozen and die now the ice barely hurts....

jayster
Apr 25, 2007, 05:37 PM
Sori-senba is a personal favorite of mine. I maximize all 4 slots for it. Won't be getting another armor for my beast until S units come out. True ice isn't the best element but 14% or whatever it is, is not to bad. Foe from the wizards on Dulk Fakis S hit me for about 800 on my level 80 beast fighgunner 10 so I can take 3 of those without dying. Other than the foe, you don't notice damage difference at all, unless you switch from fire armor to ice maybe.

Soukosa
Apr 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
If you need a TP boost than you'd have to be a techer class that has Resta so the HP Recovery unit isn't that necessary.

If you need EVP so much, why are using Yohmei armor? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I guess for those that don't realize, the three brands of armors have different stat set ups, like this:
GRM - Balanced between DFP and EVP, higher on MST; Average DFP req
Yohmei - Higher DFP, lower EVP; Lower DFP req
Tenora - Average DFP, higher EVP; Higher DFP req

I think people get sucked into yohmei armors since they see high star armors with a low requirement and think it's the end all of armor.

Thrash777
Apr 25, 2007, 05:40 PM
I like it, I bounce between armors now, due to its Ice %... I also have dark armor for colony stuff...

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 05:43 PM
I get sucked into yohmei because its evasion is low enough to be usable, though it can always stand to be lower. Better yet, those point of evasion are transfered into defense. The mind slot allows me to equip a mst unit, making it catch up to other armors in the mst stat.
The only reason to use other armors is if you're around alot of fire enemies or in an area with many enemies of one type (in which case that type would be the best).

SolomonGrundy
Apr 25, 2007, 07:36 PM
it's in my common box, now unused. I armor swap, and so I need slots to match. Sori does not match. if the release more 4 slot armors, I may give it another whirl (I do not have rabol rappy either)

60Hz
Apr 26, 2007, 12:27 AM
Sori's are great against ice, so if u are running neu, or like to get up close and personal with your jarba playmates invest in a sori. Crimson's seem to be the most popular and come in all flayvors.

If you get a store bought Sori it's 11%, not too bad against fire but does nothing for you against ice. Try to either synth your own (yuck) or find some good ones (or trade)...

Also a lot of people swap armor during play, especially if you start investing in good armors u'll need to swap. 26% sori against deragon is not a fun thing to watch...

I agree with solomon, swapping a sori is painful if you dont match the slots, but i still do it...

good luck with your sori.

THERAPIST
Apr 26, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-04-25 14:36, Packrat wrote:
I hate it, makes the healing that much harder when people don't know how to avoid deragan properly. But hey, it's their scapes not mine.. >.>

It's fantastic for levelling Resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I laugh when I see someone with a Sori take 500+ damage when the guy with the Gigaline takes around 200. And people say elemental does nothing ...

XDeviousX
Apr 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
I never died from fire using my sori, ever!! I did die from megid a couple of times. I am a beast with a lot of hp and had a mst unit applied as well, but I never even dropped below 12 dimates on a mission when I used my sori. Who are these people taking so much damage? The only time I took major fire damage was from Gaos on S and even then I could dodge or knock them down. It's not like fire is the only element in the game... Sori is good for ice and not bad on all other elements besides fire and unless you're a human/newman your hp can stand a blast or two from a foi attack unless on S2.....

Deja_Vu
Apr 26, 2007, 01:21 AM
lol xbox. sori is absolute garbage, especially the one from the Yohmei shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja_Vu on 2007-04-25 23:22 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 26, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-04-25 23:03, THERAPIST wrote:

It's fantastic for levelling Resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I laugh when I see someone with a Sori take 500+ damage when the guy with the Gigaline takes around 200. And people say elemental does nothing ...

I laugh even harder when someone with a Sori-Senba actually runs away from De Ragan's fire, all the while the person with the Gigaline, thinking he's invicible, let's the fire eat him up. And in the end, he ate up more Scapes in the whole fight, than the person with the Sori on did. Go figure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fulgore
Apr 26, 2007, 01:54 AM
.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Know your Armors! Carry One of Each Element if you know in advance what Monsters your gonna take on.....sheesh.

Sorry, but this topic is just way rediculous.....Sori-Senba would be Great for Neudaiz Rainbow Beast S or S2 someday (if it's a high ice resistance, 25% or more) or even some of the other Neudaiz missions there....I love ice resistance! But When I get to Bat #$%^ard at the end I switch to a Fire Element Armor so I wont get my A$$ kicked. And when I move to LL or HIVE I switch to my Dark Armor.....and so on... You just have to know what you need in advance and switch...it's so simple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif And especially for a Ft like me If I don't do that I get EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED!!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ok, Nuff Said?....I thought so... I'm eventually gonna synth myself a Sori until I get a high percent...for now I bought one from the NPC......and it has 28% ice resistance I believe..Gi-Senba...does wonders! But I also own a Te-Senba from the NPC for Sleeping Warrors and so on....in fact, you can get quite decent percents out of NPC armors, enough that it makes missions a breeze if you use them properly...I of course have a 44% Dark Hoza-Senba that I lucked out and made so HIVE or LLS2 even doesn't hurt me a bit, and Megid ballz...ha!

I hope this ends the discussion.....really people

EDIT: And just in case people get uppidity about me buying from the NPC I DID search player shops first and would have bought from there first had the prices not been Ludicrous...So to get my high percents I made due with NPC's which some for almost 30% were the 45K type..now that's SWEET!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-04-25 23:57 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 26, 2007, 06:35 AM
Element % is more important than the 4th slot.

I wouldn't use a shield with 2 slots, but I wouldn't use a shield with 11% on it, either.
Especially when ice is not a very useful element to have on your shield for the time being (meleeing Jarbas, facing Olgohmon, and maybe Valley of Carnage/Mine Defense, since the monters which are the most likely to hit you there are Jishagara and Lapucha).

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 06:48 AM

thats too far.

-11% compared to 25% maybe like a 100 difference, but not 200-500 difference.

Yaoguai
Apr 26, 2007, 07:42 AM
Head slot: Sori Mind
Arm slot: Hard / Power Charge
Body slot: Tero Guard
Extra slot: SUV / Black Heart / (Tero Hp Restore when it comes out)

People who say Sori isn't a good armor are elitist idiots. No armor is good for all occasions unless you are a idiot who enjoys using neutral armor. Its a good starter armor and you don't need to sell it after you get Crimson, ect.

Paramedic
Apr 26, 2007, 07:56 AM
I have a Sori, can't use it just yet on my Fortetecher, but I plan to. 4 slots are lovely, always lovely. Then I can pop a MST unit. (Playing a support Force, so I don't use TP-dependent spells that much) Oh, I can get my Perpa-Power-thingy for no reason too. (De Ragan drop, lawl) Don't forget... OMG, what's that!? A rainbow/wall!? Yes, yes it is. So you can stop complaining about fire mobs killing you. And of course, my HP-regen unit. Everybody loves to be ticking HP, especially since I haven't seen any other extra-slot units worth equipping.

LTrav2k
Apr 26, 2007, 08:52 AM
I still have my Sori-Senba for when I go into Neudaiz, or in neutral places where I can use my HP Restore. Beyond that I've gotten 3 Yamata-Senbas (light, dark, fire) for the other missions I frequent the most. As a wartecher, the defense on the Yamata-Senbas would serve you well since our evasion is already high. The only slot you'd lose out on using Yamatas would be the extra slot, but our resta works very well so it's of little consequence.

I loved my Sori-Senba when I first got it, but elemental percentages are usually more helpful the HP regen so I still use it when the element fits or is not a concern at all.

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
On 2007-04-26 04:48, Rashiid wrote:

thats too far.

-11% compared to 25% maybe like a 100 difference, but not 200-500 difference.

I don't know about that. Going from a 28% Gi-senba to a 16% fire Hoza-senba changes my ologohmon barta damage from 150 to 500.

Akaimizu
Apr 26, 2007, 09:40 AM
Doesn't matter much to me. I had a Gi-Senba and went to a Sori-Senba, and since my Gi was also ice, the damage was still greatly reduced going to the Sori-senba. I'm not made of money you know. I'll eventually have a group of armors, but it took my a month and 3 weeks, given my schedule, to get this one. So a big *blah* on all you rich people or people with much more time on their hands. Just because I play less doesn't entitle people to some superiority complex.

JAFO22000
Apr 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-04-25 15:38, Sounomi wrote:

If you need EVP so much, why are using Yohmei armor? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I guess for those that don't realize, the three brands of armors have different stat set ups, like this:
GRM - Balanced between DFP and EVP, higher on MST; Average DFP req
Yohmei - Higher DFP, lower EVP; Lower DFP req
Tenora - Average DFP, higher EVP; Higher DFP req

I think people get sucked into yohmei armors since they see high star armors with a low requirement and think it's the end all of armor.

I would love to use the Tenora armor with all of their great evasion....too bad I can't equip it as a Female Newman FT. I guess I got "sucked into" my yohmei armor.

Akaimizu
Apr 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
Not to mention, the high DFP boost is precisely why I got a Yohmei armor. Think about the class I play the most. I got EVP up the wazoo, so I could stand to lose a bit in comparison to other A armors. From the Gi I had, everything went up. Didn't get sucked into it, it was just a choice aspect that works for a human Guntecher who really wants the stuff this particular Yohmei armor actually had. There were a couple of ones just lower than it, but they were far worse at doing what I wanted to them to do.

It's store bought, so the elemental is of no real consequence. However, the general MST and DFP increase from my old armor is great. It sure helps because any kind of techs (easily ones that weren't fire) were kicking my butt with my old Gi-Senba. And now I'm more comfortable around my sworn enemies, the Go Vahras.

It's not like I picked a class that is strong against one type of attack and weak against another. More so a case where everybody hurts badly based on low standard defensive and magic defenses. I tend to dodge more, but find the physical attacks harder to evade when the creatures get fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-26 07:57 ]</font>

Jey
Apr 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
For Go-Vahra you oughta try out a Teroline, if you can wear it.

For places like Eastern Peril S and Forest Infiltration S2 on the Olgohmon-heavy maps I've been really tempted on my fortefighter characters to just wear a gi-senba, since I have no better ice armor. Sure I'm giving up my arm slot but man, those buffed bartas -hurt-.

I'm no self-proclaimed know-it-all, but I choose armor based on certain criteria which are important to me (not in order of importance):
1) Units - A units are becoming a little more common... and they require A-rank armor
2) Slots - I wanna use those units I've got, right!?
3) Elemental % - I synth armor primarily, and there's an amazing difference between damage taken with high% armor. With S and S2 missions and buffed mobs being commonplace, I've kinda given up on being able to dodge/absorb everything.
4) Able to use on all my characters from Fortetecher to Fortefighter.
5) I don't play a Cast.

So yeah, seeing as Yohmei armor has the best physical defense, strengthened by high elemental%s for even higher physical defense and magic defense, very low equipment requirements, decent slots... Yamatas win hands-down for me for buyable-board armor m(. . m and I'll synth Sori's for ice armor because I use it mainly for the MST, and it's only 1 lower than the Yamata, but with better success rates F: and I can use a stamina unit for freeze-resist placebo.

The actual defense/evasion/mental values of the armor never really bothered me... I had a 50% thunder 3* Stellaline and with it I took less damage from a Go-Vahra than with a 10% thunder 9* Yamata with a rainbow unit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 26, 2007, 05:44 PM
I hot swap armor, so matching slots are what is important to me. it does me no good to switch from, say, hardline, to, say..teroline, as I'd have to re-equip the body slot item.

I always go by slots and elemental %s as a fortefigher, as a guntecher, I'm a little more out of the action, so I have options (unless soloing).

THERAPIST
Apr 26, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-04-26 05:56, Paramedic wrote:
I have a Sori, can't use it just yet on my Fortetecher, but I plan to. 4 slots are lovely, always lovely. Then I can pop a MST unit. (Playing a support Force, so I don't use TP-dependent spells that much) Oh, I can get my Perpa-Power-thingy for no reason too. (De Ragan drop, lawl) Don't forget... OMG, what's that!? A rainbow/wall!? Yes, yes it is. So you can stop complaining about fire mobs killing you. And of course, my HP-regen unit. Everybody loves to be ticking HP, especially since I haven't seen any other extra-slot units worth equipping.

The Rainbow will only boost the element of the line shield - not all elements, so in fact you're magnifying the damage caused by fire mobs when wearing a Sori + Rainbow. And why HP Regen as a Force ... didn't you learn Resta? Use a Blackheart or Mega Stamina.

Fulgore
Apr 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
HAHAHAHa http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Just for fun the other day on Sleeping Warriors I threw on my Hoza 44% dark with a Rainbow unit..................One Hit Kills Anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Glad I didn't have any scapes on me at the time (lost them all to Bat $%^*ard)

Skyly
Apr 27, 2007, 12:19 AM
I Mainly Bought The Armor For All Of It's SLots. It's Perfect. The Defense On It Was A Plus Too