PDA

View Full Version : Lack of light-based spells

TeKneeK
Apr 25, 2007, 03:30 PM
This seems to be the only thing in PSU that REALLY annoys me. I'm usually not one who blaims sega for doing things their way and not mine, but wtf? I know there's at least 1 light-based attack spell out there (regrants or something) which we probably wont get until...........which we peobably wont get.

Anyone who's played the beta seen or heard of new attack spells come AoI?

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
Whatever it is, it needs to be an ultimate attack. Like, Heaven Punisher in spell format.

A2K
Apr 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
Regrant, according to what I've heard from the Perfect Bible, is apparently a rather weak Megiverse-style targeting spell that causes a bit of damage to you as well. The book claims that the spell has only an 80% modifier at LV30. Who knows why it's like this; in either case it may get readjusted when it's finally released (if ever).

In the current game there are five light support spells and one attack: Resta, Giresta, Reverser (Regene), Retier, and Rentis are of the former group, and Regrant is the sole member of the latter. Surprisingly the "light-element put you to sleep foie" attack many of the Holy Ground light variants use isn't a technic that we have access to, whatever it ends up being named.

In all honesty, that's just the way the cards fell when it came to light element technics. Ground is the opposite--five attack, only one support. I suppose dark can be thought of the same way as well, although Megiverse is technically a support tech in itself (doing damge but healing you). I can't say I'd trade away any of light's support techs for another attack, given their uses...

That said, with the appearance of at least two new skills there's a distinct possibility of other new photon arts, including TECHNICs, in Ambition of Illuminus. Nothing official has surfaced about it, though--I'd approach the game with the expectation it wouldn't be added.

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 03:52 PM
gib Holy.

TeKneeK
Apr 25, 2007, 03:52 PM
If we're gonna get into details, I demand fairy dust. I wanna shoot a glittery magical ball of happiness that has the same damage modifier as diga, but has a chance of "poofing" the target, making them half the size that they were and cutting all their stats by 50% EACH TIME it hits. And it wouldn't cost half of my pp when i cast it.

Seriously give me regrants.

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 03:54 PM
I'd trade away Giresta for a DECENT light attack spell any day of the week.

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:54, Sychosis wrote:

Grants plz >_<

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 03:56 PM
better idea: make effin Zombie enemies, and Resta n Giresta n stuff would like, demolish them!

A2K
Apr 25, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well, you know, Regrant might end up being decent when it's released, whenever that is. I like Giresta, though--it's a shame there's no use for it what with the current game structure and the 'ZOMG DON'T RUIN MY RANK OR I'LL BOOT YOU' mentality that goes along with it.

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 04:18 PM
It may get better, but really, sacrificing your own health when you have the lowest HP in the game is pretty dangerous. Too dangerous for my taste.

There are a number of ways to "correct" the current death system without ruining the small amount of difficulty the game poses, but I won't go into that here.

Parn
Apr 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:58, A2K wrote:
'ZOMG DON'T RUIN MY RANK OR I'LL BOOT YOU' mentality that goes along with it.
That mentality is why I don't join random games anymore, and tend to stick to soloing unless someone actually asks me to join up. I just don't want to deal with the drama, and is the reason why I'm anxious for the expansion to ship.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 04:23 PM
One is to only penalize you only when you accept the offer to be taken back to the city, or to allow NPCs to revive by themselves.
But yeah, Ragrants sucks offline. I really do hope that much better stuff is presented to us.

MayLee
Apr 25, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-04-25 13:56, omegapirate2k wrote:

Grants plz >_<

What Opie said.

Ragrants looks really weird and it's weak as hell.

Scion
Apr 25, 2007, 05:00 PM
DON'T HATE ON LIGHT! x_x

Lol, but seriously, regrant may be weak and dangerous, but there are some things to consider:
-It has the knockback effect of dambarta/damdiga
-It has the range of megiverse
-Every tick of damage is half a second, instead of 1 full second like the ones mentioned above.

And, it being pretty weak will work in your favor since the hp taken away is based on the amount of damage you do with it.

There really is no tech that's worthless, terrible, or anything, but rather, some that don't fit people's playing styles.

Just wait...I'll learn how to use this, and I'll rip apart LL and the HIVE with it. Just like how I do in VoC with barta and Grove of Fanatics with zonde. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 05:02 PM
i think they should have spells like Haste and Slow (or even Stop)

majan
Apr 25, 2007, 07:31 PM

shit,I would trade giresta away for a pair of old shoes.

well,come the expansion,thatll change,but for now I can make a nicer sand castle out of the 99 pa frags it would cost to get giresta.

Weeaboolits
Apr 25, 2007, 07:37 PM
I like regrant, it hits anything that comes near you and it hits A LOT, but I still want Grantz.