PDA

View Full Version : In the name of all that is holy...Stay Out of Crimson!!!

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm normally not one to mention things like this, but I think it's starting to get out of hand. When HIVE first arrived it wasn't as bad, and there are around the same amount of people online now as there were then....and plenty of areas like Agata, the Neudaiz Flyer base, and even Moatoob had plenty of people around. Now, every other area not named Parum is just about empty, thanks to Crimson Beast.

I know it's a great mission that offers great rewards, but if this keeps up I'm willing to bet everyone is going to get tired of the game out of frustration of having to solo elsewhere or just being too dumb to do a different mission.

So do good for the PSU community, and SAY NO TO CRIMSON!

Siertes
Apr 25, 2007, 07:44 PM
I have never done an entire Crimson Beast run.

ZeGoose
Apr 25, 2007, 07:44 PM
i would say no to Crimson Beast bcuz i would much rather do forest infiltration but i can never get 2 more ppl there. so, in order to do sumthing i hav to go to Crimson.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
Well I need somewhere to level up my alt's WarTecher level...

The old way isn't and wasn't very fun at all... >.>

Witchblade56
Apr 25, 2007, 07:48 PM
Crimson Beast is great MP for our advanced jobs. It isnt that great for exp nor PA frags for that matter. I'm hoping sometime soon my friends and i can do some Lab S2 runs for 5 frags per run. Lookin to load up on PA frags to get the ones that i really want.

FUFME
Apr 25, 2007, 07:48 PM
Thank god there are others that feel the same way.

I am so friggin sick and tired of everyone hanging out at Crimson while all the other maps are bone dry.

Hopefully this will all change in the next 2 days at Eastern Peril S2 and Moonlight S2 ?? are open.

I love Moonlight run and if there is gonna be an S2 this week, that will really direct people back to Neudaiz again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-04-25 17:49 ]</font>

SuperChoco
Apr 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
I played crimson a few times and i got bored of it very quickly.
I think that other mission that come out(like the new S2 missions) should be aknowledged.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
0H N035! 1 W1LL N0T G0 4W4Y FR0M T3H CR1M50N B345T0RZ CUZ I G3T T3H MPZ0RZ!!11

Eureka
Apr 25, 2007, 07:53 PM
I only ran Crimson Beast twice...I go where my friends want to go...and right now its not there (or seabed).

But it is a fun mission...so I can't blame anyone for wanting to play it.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 25, 2007, 07:53 PM
it's the money too.

:-/

Kaydin
Apr 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-04-25 17:51, Shiroryuu wrote:
0H N035! 1 W1LL N0T G0 4W4Y FR0M T3H CR1M50N B345T0RZ CUZ I G3T T3H MPZ0RZ!!11

Shiro just won this thread.

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-04-25 17:44, ZeGoose wrote:
i would say no to Crimson Beast bcuz i would much rather do forest infiltration but i can never get 2 more ppl there. so, in order to do sumthing i hav to go to Crimson.

And this right here is the biggest problem we're facing. I'm sure not a lot of people actually WANT to head there, but if they want a full party for fast runs, they just about have no choice.

I'm actually getting online pretty soon to level my Fortefighter. I'd like to trade cards with as many people who would like to get some teams together in other areas, here's my characters if anyone runs into me on universe 2:

Artea: Level 68 Fortetecher
Dave: Level 38 Fortefighter

I'll most likely be at the Neudaiz Flyer base as my fortefighter, since I can only do M. Defense and Forested Islands S due to my level.

ZeGoose
Apr 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-04-25 17:48, FUFME wrote:
Thank god there are others that feel the same way.

I am so friggin sick and tired of everyone hanging out at Crimson while all the other maps are bone dry.

Hopefully this will all change in the next 2 days at Eastern Peril S2 and Moonlight S2 ?? are open.

I love Moonlight run and if there is gonna be an S2 this week, that will really direct people back to Neudaiz again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-04-25 17:49 ]</font>

no not Moonlight S2. They said Rouges Shortcut.

Parn
Apr 25, 2007, 08:01 PM
You know, for all the complaining that this community does about people not branching out to different missions, why aren't you all playing with each other and cruising random missions together? I mean, each time I log on, I pick a random planet and do a beeline through missions, never repeating any, until I'm full on items and go to my room to unload.

Go to Universe 15 and start grouping up! Start pulling people who're sick of the repetition out of Universe 1 and do something about it!

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Neith
Apr 25, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I've looked for parties everywhere. It's even worse for me as a UK player- when I get online, Uni 2 is usually on 1 to 1 1/2 star, and 99% of those few people are at Raffon doing Crimson Beast.

Kinda makes things difficult when I'm trying to enjoy the game, and advance at the same time.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 08:02 PM
Despite my not needing MP or meseta, I go to crimson because that's the easiest place to find a party. Despite other areas offering more exp per second, crimson still gives more exp only due to the fact that I don't have to solo it.

Yeah, I really wish I could view the other missions before deciding on a place to party...

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:01, Parn wrote:
You know, for all the complaining that this community does about people not branching out to different missions, why aren't you all playing with each other and cruising random missions together? I mean, each time I log on, I pick a random planet and do a beeline through missions, never repeating any, until I'm full on items and go to my room to unload.

Go to Universe 15 and start grouping up! Start pulling people who're sick of the repetition out of Universe 1 and do something about it!

Hey, good to see you're still around Parn. Phantasy Star for life, eh?

necman
Apr 25, 2007, 08:14 PM

Your idea fails. Almost nobody on pso world will assosiate with you unless you meet certain standards like being part of the community here for 50 decades or haveing 20 million posts or more. but the biggest reason is the most obvious. Without all the repetitious activities what would everyone complain about. And assuming you find someone who will assosiate with you they end up being on another platform anyway.

ZeGoose
Apr 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
tru tru. i doubt there r many xbox360 players on the psow regulars.

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2007, 08:25 PM
Interesting, after reading that post, I realized I signed up to this place years ago, and my name is still there (Maximus40).

I guess I'll be using that from now on. Man that brings back memories, these are high school days we're talking about here.

THERAPIST
Apr 25, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-04-25 17:48, Witchblade56 wrote:
Crimson Beast is great MP for our advanced jobs. It isnt that great for exp nor PA frags for that matter.<snip>

2 PA frags & around 12k exp every 12 or so mins isn't good enough for you?

DurakkenX
Apr 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:20, ZeGoose wrote:
tru tru. i doubt there r many xbox360 players on the psow regulars.

parn is...go bother him >.>

and i play anything i can if i'm invited and not doing anything or feeling like playing with parties...

FFXI burned me out on parties and running all over for them only to get there and still not be able to do anything or doing 1 run and then the party quitting. That's why i usually play solo, but if I'm invited i'll be there usually

Neggy
Apr 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
Parn is describing a utopian server where there's a steady flow of people across all Universes, doing a myriad of missions.

Instead, PSU is full of 15 year olds, who, judging by how they type, and play, I can only presume they play via deficating on the keyboard. Whatever buttons are depressed as a result, describe the way they act in game.

Ideally, we could hit up Moatoob, and find a handfull of parties to choose from, for each rank. Realistically, nah.

Rust
Apr 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
Actually, Crimson Beast is quite cool to let me know quickly who is worth staying in my list or no.
I don't like playing with "lololol mission points" players, so if they stay all parked in the same place, i'm ok.
(And lol at saying you NEED those points, i had some people in my list who just never got out of Lakeshore since Crimson Beast release, and they hit lvl 80 and job level 10 in all the advanced and basic classes, then doing that again with another character, then another again... Tell me what is the point spamming the same mission over and over again just to raise four identical chars ? They got bored of de_dust on Counter-Strike or what ?)

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 08:40 PM
too many drops. ppl arnt gonna leave. unless an S weapon thats 'easy to obtain' is availible.

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2007, 08:41 PM
I've thought about getting the 360 version, but all of my buddies went with PS2/PC. The Ps2 version has awful slowdown, so I had to get it for PC.

And drat, I have no way of recovering the password for my old account. *cries* Silly set passwords.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:14, necman wrote:

Your idea fails. Almost nobody on pso world will assosiate with you unless you meet certain standards like being part of the community here for 50 decades or haveing 20 million posts or more. but the biggest reason is the most obvious. Without all the repetitious activities what would everyone complain about. And assuming you find someone who will assosiate with you they end up being on another platform anyway.

Hmm. And you called US the elitists.

Ha. 360 users don't have that problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-25 18:46 ]</font>

Helly
Apr 25, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:27, THERAPIST wrote:
2 PA frags & around 12k exp every 12 or so mins isn't good enough for you?

Nope not for me! Cause Lab S2 is about 20k exp with better rewards and a similar time. Once ya max out your job level its all about exp and drops.

Of course with everyone under the sun maxing out every single job not only do we have lots of people lacking in skills at their jobs, we have the Crimson Beast state of mind that MP trumps all. This isn't December anymore... it isn't nearly as hard to job up your advance classes and obtain PA frags~

Midicronica
Apr 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
I only run Crimson Beast or Labs S2 when I'm in need of fast money. When I'm not in need of money, you can find me and many other PSOW 360 Players almost anywhere. Lately, we've been running Forest Infiltration S2 a lot to help out a friend get a Adahna Cannon. There's nothing I really want in Crimson S2 to run it 10,000 times over. Well Giga/Bullet PP save, but I can find that in Voc and I run that mission a lot for Bullet Training.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-04-25 18:47 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
Erm, Lab Recovery is only like, 10k EXP per run. >_> And there are WAY better drops in Crimson Beast.

Retehi
On 2007-04-25 18:43, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Don't you ever shut up?

CelestialBlade
I'm one of those people who do Crimson Beast because that's where the parties are, but whenever my friends are on I like to do around-the-universe runs where we just blaze through as many places as we can, just to see everything. I think I'd go absolutely insane if all I ever did was run Crimson Beast and nothing else.

Really doesn't surprise me why people have quit because they're "bored", you find that these people do nothing but grind stats in the best possible mission and do nothing but that mission. And the best part, they turn around and blame Sega for making a "boring game". Hmm.

I think trying to lead some sort of revolution away from CB is rather silly, but what I really hope for is that mission rewards are FAR more balanced in future missions and AoI.

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
but Lab S2 is allot easier to die on. and all the time you waste on getting 'no-bee' maps (punks) you could do an entire Crimson run.

Midicronica
Apr 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:48, Rashiid wrote:
but Lab S2 is allot easier to die on. and all the time you waste on getting 'no-bee' maps (punks) you could do an entire Crimson run.

If you're partying with someone who restarts the maps to get the Mizura-less maps, they fail pretty hard. The Mizura have been gimped pretty bad and while their still a nuisance, they're not no where as bad as they used to be.

Helly
Apr 25, 2007, 08:52 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Erm, Lab Recovery is only like, 10k EXP per run. >_>

That's not what I counted last time I was there? Or maybe that was De Ragnus S? Either way I am positive Lab S2 gives more exp than CB.

I've always been willing to charge in and fight that bees! Now after their evp has been shattered I'll leave a team if they still insist on wasting hours looking for a "good" map. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'd also say CB is easier to die on. Lab has... Jarbas. No king enemies and no boosted up baddies aside from the one map with four boosted Jarba at the end. CB has many kings, Jarbas, Go Vahra, those darn flying pest, Gol Dova and various boosted up baddies!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helly on 2007-04-25 19:04 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
oh yeah, forgot those tangz were gimped.

maybe now it will take only 5 digas to kill em, and not effin 45.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:52, Helly wrote:

On 2007-04-25 18:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Erm, Lab Recovery is only like, 10k EXP per run. >_>

That's not what I counted last time I was there? Or maybe that was De Ragnus S? Either way I am positive Lab S2 gives more exp than CB.

I've run that mission enough to know it's no more than 15k if you get EVERY killing blow. Crimson Beast is a higher level mission, therefore it gives more EXP.

On 2007-04-25 18:47, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-04-25 18:43, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Don't you ever shut up?

Do you ever post anything relevant?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-04-25 19:00 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
Me, sychosis, and aurelianis TOTALLY didn't do a bunch of S2 missions on moatoob last night.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-04-25 19:00, omegapirate2k wrote:
Me, sychosis, and aurelianis TOTALLY didn't do a bunch of S2 missions on moatoob last night.

Why the hell wasn't I not informed!?

NPCMook
Apr 25, 2007, 09:01 PM

Bees got so nerfed, but NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE listens to you when you say it, nooo they want to sit there and waste 20 minutes trying to get a no-bee map... I'd prefer Forest infiltration at least it has a rare drop >.>

omegapirate2k
Apr 25, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-04-25 19:01, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Because you weren't on, doofus.

Cz
Apr 25, 2007, 09:24 PM
i havent been to Crimson Beast that much...Linear Line and Eastern Peril are where i hang out the most. ^_-

Rashiid
Apr 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-04-25 19:02, omegapirate2k wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ey, 2marrow, when i get on, plz send me a msg, i wanna just do missions w/ friends.

and, how much of a difference was this 'bee' nurf?

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2007, 09:40 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:47, Typheros wrote:
Really doesn't surprise me why people have quit because they're "bored", you find that these people do nothing but grind stats in the best possible mission and do nothing but that mission. And the best part, they turn around and blame Sega for making a "boring game". Hmm.

I think trying to lead some sort of revolution away from CB is rather silly, but what I really hope for is that mission rewards are FAR more balanced in future missions and AoI.

I still keep on thinking that this game needs a central counter that allows you to view every party without leaving the Colony, and if not then the planet that the party is on. If you can't teleport directly to the party, then give the option to allow you to mail the leader.
This will allow you to see beforehand which areas have people in them and which ones don't. If you don't feel like grinding the same mission continuously, then you can go to a party anywhere else in the universe.

Mission reward balance would be great too, and if not than a reason or excuse to explore every area in PSU. To hunt for an item or something like that, it'd make sense to grind a certain area continuously, but not for something as universal as MP, meseta, and most of all exp.

Parn
Apr 25, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-04-25 18:09, Artea wrote:
Hey, good to see you're still around Parn. Phantasy Star for life, eh?
You bet!

On 2007-04-25 18:36, Neggy wrote:
Parn is describing a utopian server where there's a steady flow of people across all Universes, doing a myriad of missions.
Not at all. You've misinterpreted what I meant. I just see several people in this thread alone complaining about a problem, and a number of you are on PS2/PC. Why are you all not playing with each other on PSU? It's clear you all share similar interests, and you all seem to be online in the evenings, so why not, you know? I mean, I can understand the disappointment in not being able to stare at my sexy body since I'm on 360, but all these other PSOW folks are pretty cool people to play with too, you know?

For the record, anyone who wants to play with me on the 360 version is most certainly welcome to tag along. My gamertag is Meicyn and I'm usually soloing when I'm online since I never bug anybody... but I always say yes if I'm invited or if anyone wants to drop in. All you have to do is drop me a line, and we'll cruise through a series of missions on any one of the three planets and have a blast.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-04-25 19:36, Rashiid wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ey, 2marrow, when i get on, plz send me a msg, i wanna just do missions w/ friends.

We can hit them with Axes.

From the front. With Anga Redda.

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-04-25 20:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

From the front. With Anga Redda. As a Beast.

Fixed.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 10:29 PM
XD

BahnKnakyu
Apr 25, 2007, 11:15 PM
Bees are still a bitch to kill because of their large monster-like HP. Volfus still go down faster.

And I think the problem with the way Sonic Team distributed the mission rewards is that there is no area that equals the rewards that Crimson Beast gives you for the short amount of time (and effort) you spend on it. If EVERY mission out there gave rewards proportional to the difficulty of the mission (i.e. Desert Goliath S versus Crimson Beast S2) then those types of missions would probably be run more, despite the challenge that the "less run" missions give, at the same time I felt like I spent a LOT of time and effort for doing these missions considering the crap rewards they give.

But again, AoI fixes the whole "I can't get to where I want to go" problem with the instant lobby transfers... we'll see what happens once the expansion comes out.

Sekani
Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 PM
Bees only got nerfed in the can't-hit-them-with-a-baseball-bat-from-two-inches-away department. They still have more HP than about half the bosses in the game.

McLaughlin
Apr 25, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-04-25 20:12, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-25 20:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

From the front. With Anga Redda. As a Beast FOmar.

Fixed.

Now it's fixed.

Sychosis
Apr 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
...But FOmars are human males. And Forces can't use axes...

Neggy
Apr 25, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-04-25 21:41, Sychosis wrote:

Then you're not trying hard enough.

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 12:04 AM
If Eliash can't do it. No one can.

Midicronica
Apr 26, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-04-25 22:04, Sychosis wrote:
If Eliash can't do it. No one can.

And where the hell is he?! He hasn't been on lately.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gifntopic: I've said it before in another thread. Eastern Peril S2 is nice and all and the drops will be better, but it's going to be the same 'ol boring ass missions that I've ran about 100+ times. I'd much rather be wasting my time in Rogue Shortcut S2.

Arika
Apr 26, 2007, 02:08 AM
I hate crimson

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2007, 06:15 AM

I'm talking about FOmars, not a Human Male Force.

FOmar.

amtalx
Apr 26, 2007, 07:40 AM
On 2007-04-25 21:18, Sekani wrote:
Bees only got nerfed in the can't-hit-them-with-a-baseball-bat-from-two-inches-away department. They still have more HP than about half the bosses in the game.

Rangers with Lvl 4 Virus + Shotguns + Techers with Lvl 21+ debuffs = Win

QED

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-04-26 04:15, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I'm talking about FOmars, not a Human Male Force.

FOmar.

But FOmars ARE Human Male Forces. The PSO Instruction Manual says so!

Vay
Apr 26, 2007, 09:33 AM
That comment in page 2 on this thread about de_dust is freaking WIN. LOL I totally agree.

Was good meeting you last night on Neudaiz, Artea. Hope to see you on Moatoob tonight.

SuperRygar
Apr 26, 2007, 09:34 AM
i dont see how your opinion has anything to do with what mission i decide to play, even if i want to play it 40 times. its a popular mission with a decent reward. im probably going to repeat it util i get to level 60 so i can do LL S2. perhaps others are doing it to level up fast, at some point you have to grind a mission to get a high level and this one is perfect. im very much in favor of 1 or 2 places being popular and everyone being there, thats how i met my closest friends, otherwise every area would look dead and 50% of the parties locked. then you would be complaining about that.

RadiantLegend
Apr 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
If you have my card, send me a mail and ill take you to the end of the planets.

Mewnie
Apr 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-04-26 07:45, Ragolismine wrote:

asshole, you never take me...

and I send you RAWR-mail X3

/wrist

vestier
Apr 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
i enjoy playing crimson but the problem is as a force you dont get a very good veriety of PA's to lvl up effectivly (ie earth/ice is about the only choice)

Akaimizu
Apr 26, 2007, 10:24 AM
Very true. I really want to level up fire on my Bow. And generally not too many creatures there actually help you do that. Yes, it's nice on that big beast, at the end of the level before the boss, but only as an SE4. Still trying to get there, but normally that means I have to refuse to play Crimson Beast just so I can level it up.

ShinAnt
Apr 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
Wow dod everyone drink the share of Haterade or what....
Crimson is being pretty whored out....
Even though the rewards are great.... there more to the game then that run...
Even though in a 2 day span I had 4 jaggo spawns....eh...

vestier
Apr 26, 2007, 10:37 AM
im not saying its a bad mission just that i think it would be nice if more people decided to change things up a bit and not be concernd with just the rewards but more of the challenge and teamwork of the other missions

RadiantLegend
Apr 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-04-26 08:03, Mewnie wrote:

On 2007-04-26 07:45, Ragolismine wrote:

******, you never take me...

and I send you RAWR-mail X3

/wrist

But thats all i ever get. There's got to be more than RAWR :3

Feelmirath
Apr 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-04-26 08:53, Ragolismine wrote:
But thats all i ever get. There's got to be more than RAWR :3
RAWRI'LLHELPYOUGETANANKDEDDA? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RadiantLegend
Apr 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
You know it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chibiLegolas
Apr 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
I've been tired of CB for awhile now and headed straight to Neudiz to check out any open rooms. Best I found last night was a B room for my lvl 72.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'
Well, at least I got to help out a lowbie. Took him 45 min. solo just to reach block 2.
O_o
How could I ignore such a determined stranger like that?! But further into the other lobbies, NO open rooms were found anywhere. Where is everyone?! I can usually find at least 1 S/S2 room around with someone hunting for cannons/rods, etc.

So I guess we'll have to start a thread in the game meet section for us PS2/PC players to have a go around and have a tour of the universe sometime?

Jasam
Apr 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
I got tierd of the game and quit... its wasn't worth the money to do the same thing over and over, or something difrent but solo.

If I get a lot of money, (or a X360) I might come back...
Untill then...
Down with (what ever mission everyones running this month)

majan
Apr 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
I do crimson mainly to level up my cast,otherwise I stick to lab recovery/tunnel recapture/eastern peril with my force.not that big of a fan of the mission,and others are far better,both for fun factor,ease,and rewards.and I fucking HATE that gol dova.

SuperRygar
Apr 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-04-26 09:12, chibiLegolas wrote:

So I guess we'll have to start a thread in the game meet section for us PS2/PC players to have a go around and have a tour of the universe sometime?

that section doesnt work. there was already a thread for that type of thing and i dont think it ever happened. there's about 7 ppl active in that section of the forum. for best result just go to CB, ask around for ppl who want to go somewhere else. you automatically assume that everyone sitting outside CB is doing CB. alot of ppl hang out there. so just go there and make an effort in game to find friends. i dont understand this issue because its not happening to me. i never have trouble finding a party for any mission. i have enough ppl on my list for that. you need to do missions with ppl and get their card.

the ppl that will do other missions with you, are doing CB right now. go find them

Rust
Apr 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
No thanks, i 'd rather find out those guys in any other lobbies or counters. Can take more time, but at least i'm sure their card will be useful and they won't go to CB again after one, or maybe two other missions.
When you go on a serie of missions, stating in the title of the party you're doing a "Parum Tour", every one thinks it stops at Lakeshore. Once i reach this lobby, everyone leave when they see i start The Mad Beasts instead. And it happened quite every time i launched such a tour on Parum with random people.
So i don't need your ads about "OMG, look, all the cool people is on Crimson Beast. If you're not, that's because you're a looser !"
You didn't get that what he was complaining about were not only the fact everyone stick to this mission, but even those who don't stay there and you need a ride to Lakeshore in order to find any party for other missions. Well, not quite the truth. Most of the people is at Lakeshore and there may be a few people waiting to go everywhere else, but most of the people who wants to wander around isn't.
For those who seeks people for random missions, just search harder, teammates are not so hard to find on Uni 02 if you take more than 5 minutes a week to find them.

AweOfShe
Apr 26, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-04-26 12:59, Rust wrote:
When you go on a serie of missions, stating in the title of the party you're doing a "Parum Tour", every one thinks it stops at Lakeshore. Once i reach this lobby, everyone leave when they see i start The Mad Beasts instead. And it happened quite every time i launched such a tour on Parum with random people.

That happened to me everytime, too. >.>

And starting on the Train path doesn't get you any parties at all, unless they want to go to Labs. In which case, they just leave you when you start up Endrum... -_-

VR_Pilot
Apr 26, 2007, 10:17 PM
Im on the X360 servers but I've been away from PSU for weeks. What is this "Crimson Beast" mission you guys are talking about and where can I find it? My chara is a LV65 Numan Female Figunner and I seriously need to catch up. My equipment sucks, I dont have that much meseta by today's standards and PA frags and MPs are a must... Of course thats gonna be hard since I dont have a party since all my friends quit >_< sigh

SuperRygar
Apr 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
i never said anything about the cool ppl being there, or that if you dont go your a loser. you made that up yourself. you dont have to agree with me, i dont care. this is not my problem :/

Raven5_1
Apr 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
the thing is crimson beast is the ideal run to meet players and get a basic handle on who to play with. through playing CB with a few people i've figured out who i dont mind regulaly hanging around with. currently i play dual sentinel with a team or go to moatoob but crimson beast is where i first worked out the team dynamics

Pengfishh
Apr 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah! DAMNIT!

XanGabriel
Apr 29, 2007, 11:24 PM
Stay out of Crimson, or this man will come after you. And... Do stuff to you... >_))
http://a899.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_4d1334c08f73f788f10b8706c3d2c21a.jpg

Tita
Apr 30, 2007, 02:54 AM
he has unicorn hair!

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2007, 05:35 AM
On 2007-04-25 17:59, Artea wrote:

On 2007-04-25 17:44, ZeGoose wrote:

And this right here is the biggest problem we're facing. I'm sure not a lot of people actually WANT to head there, but if they want a full party for fast runs, they just about have no choice.

I'm actually getting online pretty soon to level my Fortefighter. I'd like to trade cards with as many people who would like to get some teams together in other areas, here's my characters if anyone runs into me on universe 2:

Artea: Level 68 Fortetecher
Dave: Level 38 Fortefighter

I'll most likely be at the Neudaiz Flyer base as my fortefighter, since I can only do M. Defense and Forested Islands S due to my level.

you could also do LL S at your lv.with your fortefighter, thats what i plan on doing there soon.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2007, 06:15 AM
Well, I might stick around in Crimson Beast if I want to hunt for Solid / Power S.

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2007, 06:24 AM
On 2007-04-26 20:17, VR_Pilot wrote:
Im on the X360 servers but I've been away from PSU for weeks. What is this "Crimson Beast" mission you guys are talking about and where can I find it? My chara is a LV65 Numan Female Figunner and I seriously need to catch up. My equipment sucks, I dont have that much meseta by today's standards and PA frags and MPs are a must... Of course thats gonna be hard since I dont have a party since all my friends quit >_< sigh

go to parum east, do mad creatures or whatever it is, then do plains overlord, go to the lobby after it, (lakeshore) run stright, recharge and buy stuff and whatnot, then go back to the door you came in from, where all the people are, go in, play.

Mystil
Apr 30, 2007, 07:11 AM
No one said anything about people spamming up Lab. Crimson is just SOOOO bad and stuff.

XenithFlare
Apr 30, 2007, 07:45 AM
I... like Crimson Beast? O.o;; I understand why it's annoying that everyone's on Parum, sure... but CB is just so much different from the other missions, it rocks. The first time I ran it I was awestruck upon hitting block 3; after the lackluster missions we've had up to now, it was pretty cool to have one that actually made you feel like you were moving from area to area. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I was impressed. And I'm still impressed. We NEED more missions like CB, albeit on different planets XD

Eleina
Apr 30, 2007, 07:48 AM
We need less hotspots and more balanced mission rewards...

DikkyRay
Apr 30, 2007, 07:52 AM
I like CB because its good exp and mp
at least for my lower chars

Honeypot
Apr 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
I generally play CB since its probably the best place to level up lower level characters. Since my FiGunner is only level 24, I don't exactly have too many options of leveling. Id rather level else where, even at the cost of slightly lower exp per run, but no one really wants to leave CB. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2007, 10:41 AM
One grievance I have is that nobody wants to do C runs, so its tough on lowbies before they reach level 20.

XanGabriel
Apr 30, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-04-30 05:48, Eleina wrote:
We need less hotspots and more balanced mission rewards...

I second that..... And third... And fourth... And fifth, just for the overkill.

On 2007-04-30 00:54, Tita wrote:
he has unicorn hair!

....I have unicorn hair?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-04-30 09:22 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
I do have one thing to defend Crimson with. If it wasn't for Crimson, to this day, I would've never seen a regular Jaggo. I've seen two encounters since I've played this map, and I haven't even played it that much.

Still, my bet is still on. I only have 4 levels to go, to breach the record. Level 70 without a single regular Rappy encounter (nor a single earned DeRagan tail). Either one of them will fail the condition. And yes, I'm playing in levels that's supposed to get them. (I still play those more than Crimson).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-30 10:07 ]</font>

MayLee
Apr 30, 2007, 12:26 PM
Meh, I'm a Labs person. Besides I'll never do Crimson S2 ever again.. >=(

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
Gee, was you Crimson S2 experience that bad? I don't know if I played with you on that one, I think the last time I had a chance you didn't have the level for S2. The groups I'm in, when doing Crimson S2, usually don't have a very hard time.

Raven5_1
Apr 30, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-04-30 08:41, Shiroryuu wrote:
One grievance I have is that nobody wants to do C runs, so its tough on lowbies before they reach level 20.

i'll do c runs with you.

Pengfishh
Apr 30, 2007, 02:41 PM
I will also do C Runs. I made a new character some weeks ago and whatnot. I don't even remember her name, it's been so long!

Ah, Perioti, that's her name. I looked it up. But! I will be at Neudaiz, Uni 15, level 7, C Runnin' it up here at 2:45 pm CST.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 30, 2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Last Saturday 'we' did every mission on Parun. Every.single.one.

Well, Maylee and I were the only people wo made it through the entire thing, but Parn was there..and uh...Parn..

(Parn has an unhealthy facination with taco's that are good for you, btw)

But I would do the sasme thing for Neudiaz, or Moatoob, oh yes I would!

Garroway
Apr 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-04-30 10:26, MayLee wrote:
Meh, I'm a Labs person. Besides I'll never do Crimson S2 ever again.. >=(

Because spamming Labs is so much different than spamming Crimson Beast within the context of this topic.

-Ryuki-
Apr 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, last time I checked, S2 Labs STILL
gave better rewards at S2, and you could finish
it JUST AS quickly as S2 Crimson. Oh, and to
top it off, Bugs have been nerfed, so your fabled
FF Beasts/Beaseals can finally hit. -Smirks.-

Parn
Apr 30, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-04-30 13:11, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Hey, there's nothing unhealthy about my tacos! Honey wheat tortilla wraps, 97% lean ground beef, raw spinach, grape tomatoes, and picante sauce! Eating stuff like that helps keep me lean, mean, and sexy.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Pengfishh
Apr 30, 2007, 03:35 PM
That does sound delicious.

Alpha-Hunter
Apr 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
i've been running EP S2 the last few days and it's so refreshing! i've also been running train with my alt for the crea sword and that really adds to the variety. add a little moatoob and i'm all set.

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
lmfao Xan. Where did you find that picture? That hair looks worse than mine!

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-04-30 13:17, RyukiZero wrote:
Hey guys, last time I checked, S2 Labs STILL
gave better rewards at S2, and you could finish
it JUST AS quickly as S2 Crimson. Oh, and to
top it off, Bugs have been nerfed, so your fabled
FF Beasts/Beaseals can finally hit. -Smirks.-

but Megii-festo.

and CB has all Lab drops and more.
and funner (yeah i said it!)

XanGabriel
Apr 30, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-04-30 17:23, Artea wrote:

LMFAO That would be a pic of me after I got all of me mini-braids undone. This was the result I was waiting for! MUAHAHA!!! That is a pic of me... Bad you say? Honestly, call me conceited (which is everything I aim NOT to be), but I like it!

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-04-30 17:50, XanGabriel wrote:

On 2007-04-30 17:23, Artea wrote:

LMFAO That would be a pic of me after I got all of me mini-braids undone. This was the result I was waiting for! MUAHAHA!!! That is a pic of me... Bad you say? Honestly, call me conceited (which is everything I aim NOT to be), but I like it!

HAHA! Sorry if it seemed offensive. I just think hair looks bad like that. I had braids one time when I let some female friends of mine mess with my hair, and when they were undone...it just looked awful.

Akira_R
Apr 30, 2007, 11:32 PM
On 2007-04-30 13:27, Parn wrote:

On 2007-04-30 13:11, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Hey, there's nothing unhealthy about my tacos! Honey wheat tortilla wraps, 97% lean ground beef, raw spinach, grape tomatoes, and picante sauce! Eating stuff like that helps keep me lean, mean, and sexy.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Pengfishh, you are right on. Parn's tacos(not to be taken the wrong way lol) sound absolutely delectable. I don't have any tasty food at my house right now. =(

Buuuuut, on topic, I don't really think Crimson is that bad, especially for leveling your characters. When I am a high enough level to do S and S2 missions, you'll no doubt find me somewhere else, but having a full party on Crimson is just easy XP and MP. And without any real rares to hunt at my level, that's really all I'm looking for.

And just a little fun fact: I'm level 14 and I've already seen Jaggos and a De Ragan Tail drop.

ShadowDragon28
May 1, 2007, 02:02 AM
Funny thing, fact is, I've only done Crimson Beast *twice.*

While I do like the Raffon RELICS area, the rest of "Crimson Beast" is IMO
kind-of boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kaolins
May 1, 2007, 03:07 AM
I started playing about a week ago now, I'm currently running a level 37 FiG... And realistically, the MP when I found CB was an amazing way to crush the pesky Ranger lvls that I wasn't looking forward to.

I didn't know the mission was such a problem, because when I started playing, I met a great group of players, and continue to find a player base that just keeps me online. Above, Rust made a note about "Parum Tour" groups... I was fortunate enough to meet one of his characters doing one such run awhile ago, I don't remember how far we went into Parum, but it was a blast. Next day I was mailed to do a run of Maotoob... Of course I did it, and we had a blast with two of his friends and people who joined along the way.

XP is great.
MP was fun.
Rare drops are cool...

People make the game.

A million good reasons to go to CB, and a million good reasons to not. There's been enough people playing on the other missions since I've started to keep me away from CB. Which isn't to say I didn't run CB more than any mission so far.. But now? Can't be bothered, I'd rather keep in touch with friends.

Raven5_1
May 1, 2007, 06:44 AM
when i started lvl'in tessa i would hang out on the fouth floor of the g colony, but i could hardly find people to take me anywhere or actually play with. most people just hung around playing with shortcuts or trying to sell kubra wood. so i went to parum and did crimson beast a few times with one or two people at lakeshore i met a group which basicly took me for a run through most of parum the only mission i think we didnt do was linear line and then we went and did a run on neduitz and moatoob and i got to go to the hotsprings. i know a lot of people do crimson beast but it is the best place to meet people who will take you further.

Zarbolord
May 1, 2007, 07:15 AM
Its a pain to get to tho, seriously can't we just all meet somewhere precise? geez >.> Anyway Most people I meet usually keep on logging on and off cos I play at a time switch scale time (morning GMT = US ppl logging off, EU morning ppl logging on...). Then the afternoon there's basically nearly only EU, rly early US players are kinda, rare. Back to the topic, crimson beast got boring, as all the lvls when senslessly repeated.

MayLee
May 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-04-30 10:37, Akaimizu wrote:
Gee, was you Crimson S2 experience that bad? I don't know if I played with you on that one, I think the last time I had a chance you didn't have the level for S2. The groups I'm in, when doing Crimson S2, usually don't have a very hard time.

It was Horrifying..The Go Varas were attracted to me and only me..;_;

I lost 10 scapes in one run..

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-05-01 12:13, MayLee wrote:

Isn't that, like, a common occurence for fortetecher maylee?

SolomonGrundy
May 1, 2007, 04:03 PM

ohhh boy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
that does sound pretty tasty though. I likes spinach, esp baby spinach.

*craving green salsa now...*

Akaimizu
May 1, 2007, 04:08 PM

That's only because I wasn't there. Trust me. I'm very good at getting monsters to come after me and only me. Now I normally don't like baiting Go Vahras, but I do if somebody is in trouble. Fortunately, my new Sori Senba has actually made the act a bit less troubling than before. Before, it was kind of nightmarish, but I did do it if someone got in over their head.

And, Omega, as for common occurence. It's actually a very common occurence for a Guntecher or FiGunner if they decide to whip out the Twin Gunnies. These days, I bank on it. Of course, if the hunters decide to take them on, that's great. I'll weaken Vahras for them while I concentrate getting the Jarbas attention and loading infect on them. Of course, that's all in part of the fun. I enjoy just about any level where I can exercise my stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-01 14:12 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-05-01 13:23, omegapirate2k wrote:

It's a common occurrence for Maylee regardless of which mission she runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:15, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
It's a common occurrence for Maylee regardless of which mission she runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Now, in her defense, she was a fairly hardy wartecher, not much killed her.

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:18, omegapirate2k wrote:

Now Tylor on the other hand, without me, folds like a lawn chair :/

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:22, Sychosis wrote:

This was never even a question. >_>

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:22, Sychosis wrote:

Tylor can fold like a lawn chair when necessary, it is a cast only ability. A comfy ability.

SirDeimos
May 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
I also dislike crimson id much rather run some other s2 missions namley tunnel recapture but the only place i can ever find a party is at crimson which always ends up with me doing 10 runs. Im still lookin for the solid power unit anyways and yesterday I got a phantom from one of those huge cows, so its not all bad but id rather be doing anything else. Im always down for a party anywhere else though just send me a friend request on xbl GT:LeviathansWake

Rust
May 1, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-05-01 01:07, Kaolins wrote:
Above, Rust made a note about "Parum Tour" groups... I was fortunate enough to meet one of his characters doing one such run awhile ago, I don't remember how far we went into Parum, but it was a blast. Next day I was mailed to do a run of Maotoob... Of course I did it, and we had a blast with two of his friends and people who joined along the way.

Wasn't it a Neudaiz Tour ? I don't remember having done a Parum Tour with you, since it's been a while i didn't do one.
Whatever... Sexay mustache ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
May 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
As someone who spends about 85% of his time on Moatoob, I didn't really know what the big deal was, until my first time trying Crimson Beast last night. I think I've got a clearer picture of why most of the PS2 population is there, but with a community that small who can blame them? Soloing this game sucks.

I won't be doing too much more of CB though, as its EXP I need right now, not MP. After I make the switch to PT I'll definitely return, unless there's something as easy with the same or better risk-vs-reward ratio.

Akaimizu
May 1, 2007, 05:09 PM
For me, I'm mainly levelling up much needed Bullets. As for the next major item I'm going to be hunting for. That's easy. The Bullet/PP Save. This may take a while, but I do see quite a bit of Jaggo-able levels, in my future. Of course, considering how many of them are out there in comparison to how often Jaggo-able levels are run (specifically CB), I can see this will be a rare drop indeed. Maybe Ultra rare considering that Jaggos probably get pounded often.

At the moment, that isn't my main priority though. I can't avoid Rappy-possible levels because I'm still keeping my bet. I have only 4 levels to go to get the record. Level 70 without 1 earned De Ragan Tail nor any single Rappy sighting. I'm halfway between 66 and 67, as is.

Now keep in mind, I've run high payoff levels such as Crimson Beast, and Lab Recovery S2 maybe a combined total of maybe 15 times. So I've run a heck of a lot of missions to get there.

Kind of sad that I already have seen 2 straight Jaggo appearances on CB already. (Never seen a regular Jaggo before then, nor seen a regular version of ANY rare monster) There must be some extra major amounts of luck just by playing that map.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-05-01 15:14 ]</font>

Sekani
May 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
For shits and giggles one day, walk over to the other side of Raffon Lakeshore and start up a Mad Beasts S run. It's like Crimson Beast S2 on hard mode. Finish it, flex a little, then send Sonic Team gigabytes of hate e-mail for giving this mission less than half the reward of Crimson.

-Ryuki-
May 2, 2007, 04:53 AM
I'm still enjoying Sea Labs, and it's really a shame to see people
do nothing but spam Crimson. You'd think by now, they'd have
their class lvls, but no. They can't even get their class lvls in
other S2 missions. Seriously guys, Crimson may be nice MP, but
is MP really that important considering the other S2's give over 100
anyway?

ashley50
May 2, 2007, 05:12 AM
I'm up for any missions currently availablel as long as there are parties in that/those areas...

Denes Relics was Fun when it lasted...sad, but there's BARELY any party there(unless it's a party that you form).
Moatoob is just not loved...I still remeber when First opened, didn't last much. Everyone went back to de ragan...=/

SStrikerR
May 2, 2007, 05:53 AM
On 2007-05-01 14:59, Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
As someone who spends about 85% of his time on Moatoob, I didn't really know what the big deal was, until my first time trying Crimson Beast last night. I think I've got a clearer picture of why most of the PS2 population is there, but with a community that small who can blame them? Soloing this game sucks.

I won't be doing too much more of CB though, as its EXP I need right now, not MP. After I make the switch to PT I'll definitely return, unless there's something as easy with the same or better risk-vs-reward ratio.

ummm, if you play with others, its easy to get a lot of exp and mp. im lv 37, and on crimson A, i can level up in 3 runs, and my job lvs in i think 7...but i dont play crimson no more, im bust hhunting BH in LL, and then farming for PA frags.

MayLee
May 2, 2007, 11:44 AM

On 2007-05-01 13:23, omegapirate2k wrote:

STFU NOOB! >=(