PDA

View Full Version : Starting over?

Guarionex
Apr 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
I've been sharing my Guardians liscense with my brother, so we have each 2 characters. But I have wanted to get my own, and start over my characters in a new account, but that means leaving behind my lvl 65 characters behind and redo her. (I originally wanted her to be a force, like she was in PSU, but with only 2 character slots I ended up making her fighgunner)
I don't think I have much problem with that, but I was wondering how many of you haved done that- start over like that?

Zantra
Apr 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Lucky for me, I have a brother who doesn't like to play videogames, so i've never had this problem. But, I have started the same character over again, and sometimes the character you remake, ends up becoming better then the original.

Guarionex
Apr 26, 2007, 12:28 PM
Well initially we agreed to do it, so we could split the payment. And at the time, I thought that 2 characters would be enough. But now I crave for more. Sometimes I get bored of using my high level character, and feel like the need of a temporary change. The problem would be transfering everything from one account to other. It would be almost like the old times >_>

Dhylec
Apr 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
While you can't transfer account data, you can transfer items, money & hand-me-downs from the other account. That's a way to speed-up the slow start up. Plus your bro can play at the same time as you, get him to help ya. ;]

Korokodo13
Apr 26, 2007, 01:37 PM
That same thing happened to me, except my brother was moving so he got me my own licence and I lost my lvl40 guy. But the way I got my items switched is that i put them in my shop for 1 meseta each and put a pass on my door so no one would buy them. When i got money i went and bought them on my own licence and it didnt take much time. ALSO, this is my first post!!

Zantra
Apr 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
Ah, so this is your first post, I knew that I would find it, if I looked hard enough.

Korokodo13
Apr 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-04-26 12:04, Zantra wrote:
Ah, so this is your first post, I knew that I would find it, if I looked hard enough.

Lol, who knew you would find it SO fast!

Neggy
Apr 26, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-04-26 11:37, Korokodo13 wrote:
That same thing happened to me, except my brother was moving so he got me my own licence and I lost my lvl40 guy. But the way I got my items switched is that i put them in my shop for 1 meseta each and put a pass on my door so no one would buy them. When i got money i went and bought them on my own licence and it didnt take much time. ALSO, this is my first post!!

All your characters share the same common box.

And I started over as well, glad I did. I had a better grip on the game, and an assload of moneys the second time around. Definitely would have quit by now if I didn't reroll.

Korokodo13
Apr 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-04-26 12:11, Neggy wrote:

All your characters share the same common box.

And I started over as well, glad I did. I had a better grip on the game, and an assload of moneys the second time around. Definitely would have quit by now if I didn't reroll.

Yes, but your characters share on the same GT, I got a licence on my OWN GT and was switching stuff from my brothers GT, so i couldnt us my common box to transfer.

princejake2
Apr 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking about starting over, but would it really be worth it for me to change from a Fighgunner 10, Lv 70-ish CAST w/ 600 or so hours just to make a human who will end up being another Fighgunner? The main reason I want to switch to Human is becuase of the cosmetic options avalible in AoI. What do you guys think?

(P.S. sorry about stealing some of the attention, but I didn't want to start a new topic for my question)

Kaydin
Apr 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-04-26 12:23, princejake2 wrote:
I'm thinking about starting over, but would it really be worth it for me to change from a Fighgunner 10, Lv 70-ish CAST w/ 600 or so hours just to make a human who will end up being another Fighgunner? The main reason I want to switch to Human is becuase of the cosmetic options avalible in AoI. What do you guys think?

I deleted by main, a level 70 Newman (Fortetecher 10/Wartecher 5), because I disliked the way he looked.
Went Human, and I don't regret it one bit.

I won't bore you with a list of what I fixed. XD

Korokodo13
Apr 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-04-26 12:38, Kaydin wrote:

On 2007-04-26 12:23, princejake2 wrote:

I deleted by main, a level 70 Newman (Fortetecher 10/Wartecher 5), because I disliked the way he looked.
Went Human, and I don't regret it one bit.

I won't bore you with a list of what I fixed. XD

Yeah, I intend to do that alot. I remake my characters just because i dont like their face!

youthisoverrated
Apr 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
lol i have the opposite problem. my bro doesnt play video games. but i made him a male beast character incase he wanted to play sometimes when i was at work. i end up playing his character more than he does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Apr 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-04-26 13:04, iamgir42 wrote:
lol i have the opposite problem. my bro doesnt play video games. but i made him a male beast character incase he wanted to play sometimes when i was at work. i end up playing his character more than he does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ha, it looks like your brother's character has actually been yours all along.

youthisoverrated
Apr 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-04-26 13:29, A2K wrote:

On 2007-04-26 13:04, iamgir42 wrote:

Ha, it looks like your brother's character has actually been yours all along.

lol i so would have made it a short girl beast XD

Cz
Apr 26, 2007, 04:16 PM
i started over 4 times cause i got 4 characters, but i didnt have to switch account. Now they are all high level and i dont feel like starting another character if there is that option. Since there are only 4 races, i played all 4 races for my 4 slots. So, there is no reason for me to start over anymore.

princejake2
Apr 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well the main downside I see of switching is losing the SUVs, and thats a big hit for me considering the new ones coming out with AoI, and the several hundered hours put into capping countless PAs.

Xtian913
May 8, 2007, 08:13 AM
The only downside I can see would be the tediousness of leveling PAs and maybe the higher level grinding. It'll be pretty easy to get a bunch of levels if your brother helps you out, it'll just be a pain when you come back into the 50s and 60s, as the requirements as much higher. Well, I should also state, I hate level grinding. I still don't understand how some friends of mine hit the level cap within days of it expanding.... EVERY TIME.

Eleina
May 8, 2007, 08:23 AM
Lol level grinding = Fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kaloa
May 8, 2007, 09:44 AM
I remade my fortetecher after getting her to lvl 80. The levels aren't the problem when it comes to starting over. It's leveling up PA or Techs again. Those seem to take the most work, and be the least enjoyable part of the leveling up process (for me).

On the plus side though, since it's my second time through, I now know which techs to focus on and which to avoid. I wasted alot of time when I first started the game trying to make use out of skills I didn't need. This time I've been focusing on the ones I know I'm going to need when I hit level 80 and as a result most of those are higher on my low level FT than they are on my level 80. ^.^

pso123hrf
May 8, 2007, 12:58 PM
0_ O Or you could have deleted the ones you didn't want and add new PA's ;3

Colonel_Red
May 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
ALSO, this is my first post!!

Same here - let's start a club.

I haven't restarted a character but I have recently begun two new characters. It's something of a bitter-sweet experience going through all those low level runs again, but at least you get to hear the level-up sound effect a little more regularly.

Jakosifer
May 8, 2007, 04:05 PM
I started over after getting a new account and I had much more fun lvling up again instead of being near cap, plus I lvled much faster this time around. :/

-Ryuki-
May 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
Just start over. Regardless of what the others say, it would feel better getting your
own account, because then you'd feel MORE satisfaction knowing it's YOUR character
that YOU gave life to, on YOUR account. That's just my opinion though. I deleted a lvl 80.
People got mad at me, yelled at me, etc. Do I care? Not entirely. I'm back at lvl 53, and
no one complains anymore.

Eleina
May 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-05-08 14:14, RyukiZero wrote:
Just start over. Regardless of what the others say, it would feel better getting your
own account, because then you'd feel MORE satisfaction knowing it's YOUR character
that YOU gave life to, on YOUR account. That's just my opinion though. I deleted a lvl 80.
People got mad at me, yelled at me, etc. Do I care? Not entirely. I'm back at lvl 53, and
no one complains anymore.

*complains that your level is too low to help me out on rainbow beast S2*....

Kaloa
May 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
On 2007-05-08 10:58, pso123hrf wrote:
0_ O Or you could have deleted the ones you didn't want and add new PA's ;3

Were you responding to me? Because that wasn't the reason why I remade my character. I remade her mainly because she initially started out as a joke character that I ended up playing a little too long. Her proportions weren't what I wanted them to be, and I chose to remake her so I could remedy that.

My previous post was simply a look at the positive side of starting over. How experience makes it easier. My first time leveling up a FT involved alot of trial and error with different techs, weapons, and palette set-ups. A big hassle which I've been able to avoid this time around.