PDA

View Full Version : Has someone ever tricked you?

Neo_Strife
Apr 26, 2007, 05:51 PM
"I've was tricked yesterday by someone whom I believed to be a honest person. (I had became frineds with them when I 1st joined PSU) Last night when I got from work I noticed they emailed me about a trade, so I gave my 8 items, and then the blacklisted me. Has anyone ever tricked you?"

Zantra
Apr 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
I used to help people in Everquest with item transfers (before the bank was created), but a few bastards decided to give me items, never log back on, and then later i'd recieve a warning from the GM's about stealing people's items. So, I did the one honorable thing that I could do, I gave away the money and items to new characters, who were much more deserving, then the people who tried to frame me.

Dhylec
Apr 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
That sounds bad. Hopefully you'd be more careful about friends & items from now on.

jayster
Apr 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
How often did you actually play with this guy? Because I play with some people regulary and I hope they don't steal any of my weapons ... But even if they do, I have more of their stuff borrowed then they do mine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol. I feel bad for you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Davot
Apr 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
one of my best friends i started out with,i let him borrow a double saber and i got b listed and never got it back 18% fire. it was back when mizuraki was hawt

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2007, 09:05 PM
Haven't been tricked yet, but I am carrying wpns that some don't seem to want...

NPCMook
Apr 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
I have connections >.> so they all get their dues...

Thrash777
Apr 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
10* present + 50k + my stupidity = Goldania + annoyance

Cz
Apr 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
aye...i havent been tricked, but i have a friend that has been tricked by another friend of mine... >.> The friend that tricked my friend quitted PSU for a long time now. Tried and tricked Bunny...you will regret it...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eleina
Apr 27, 2007, 08:02 AM
On 2007-04-26 20:26, Thrash777 wrote:

Your not on pc/ps2 coz we get 10* presents starting at 1mil which are usually Fakis figure boards...

Never been betrayed personally and hope to never be!

But once a was running crimsom on my alt in a 5 person party(including my pm) with me as leader and a friend afk (eating). Some random guy joins(forgot his name) and asks me "can u boot the pm so my friend can join?".I kindly remove the pm for him then he asks "can i have leader to invite?" me and the rest of the party explain that he can't invite in mid mission and someone joins during this time...He then asks "boot someone so my friend can join and give me leader"...I had to boot someone....Him!!! He wasn't able to steal my party ha ha ha!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eleina on 2007-04-27 06:15 ]</font>

amtalx
Apr 27, 2007, 08:07 AM
Someone tried to get me to drop an A rank weapon because they wanted to prove to a friend that A rank drops are red. Needless to say my weapons stayed right in my palette where they belong, but I heard there was a lot of that going around early on. The guy was really polite and cordial too. Funny thing was, at the end of the mission after repeatedly turning down his offer, he said "You're the smartest player I've seen today" and then left the party.

Dragon_Knight
Apr 27, 2007, 08:39 AM
I've never been duped.

But then again the people I make friends with are the nice kinda people and everyone else (to me) is evil. >_> So I don't trust people right off the bat. Anyway I've had a few people ask me to do stuff like the whole "drop A rank wepaons to see if the thing is red" and I've also had a few people spam lobbies for trade requests. Only one was for an item I wanted (Halarod) but all had the same result. If I waited just long enough after conferming I could see the guy yank his half of the bargin. Needless to say I cancel the trade and Blist on the spot for things like that.

Admitantly the Halarod incident was also kinda funny too...the guy used his "sucker!" macro even though the trade had been canceled. I guess he didn't read everything on the screen, after all not everyone falls for it. ;D

Miyoko
Apr 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
I'm glad my friends don't suck. X__x

Korokodo13
Apr 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-04-27 06:07, amtalx wrote:
Someone tried to get me to drop an A rank weapon because they wanted to prove to a friend that A rank drops are red. Needless to say my weapons stayed right in my palette where they belong, but I heard there was a lot of that going around early on. The guy was really polite and cordial too. Funny thing was, at the end of the mission after repeatedly turning down his offer, he said "You're the smartest player I've seen today" and then left the party.

I do that quite often. Me and random people would drop our A ranks in a mission and try each others out the drop theirs first because they know I wont scam them (you can seriously trust me to hold anything for you)and then I drop mine and we mess around with the weps untill we want ours back. Exept this one guy that said I should drop my maser cannon for his so called Gur Missal+3 that soposivly(sp) does less damage when grinded... some people just plain suck a scamming...

SolomonGrundy
Apr 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
I got invited to a party that was in mid mission...I joined (they were doing crimson beast). When we got to the room where you hit the 3 buttons, I was third to step on the button. As soon as I stepped on the button, they booted me.

Apparently, this guy and his friend got the rare map and wanted the jaggos to themselves.

Oh, and when I first started playing the game, some guy traded me the 2500 SUV weapon for 3500. I didn't know the names well enough, and he told me it was the 6K SUV.

Magician
Apr 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
Never, I only lend things to trustworthy folks whom I've been rolling with for months.

Kion
Apr 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
Lack of sleep and loads of extra cash do not mix. I didn't know [B] dulk falkis had come out and bought a bunch of presents thinking that they were atleast materials only to find that some people are real jerks.

ScaryBen
Apr 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
This topic is very depressing =[. Could there really be that many evil people in such a small community (for an MMORPG anyway)? Who would want to try and trick me out of my teeny number of valuable items? Such people are vile...

ScaryBen
Apr 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
This topic is very depressing =[. Could there really be that many evil people in such a small community (for an MMORPG anyway)? Who would want to try and trick me out of my teeny number of valuable items? Such people are vile...

AweOfShe
Apr 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
I don't have anything worth lending, so it has never happened to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-04-26 20:26, Thrash777 wrote:

dude, dont buy presents, Boards for scapes r 7 stars, ive seen someone say, halarod in one of these no lie, and the prices were insane, double a halarod, and doing a scam like that is way to ez, presents should say what kind of thing is in them. but then again, finding a halarod out of 10 things, and only one is a wep, is to ez.

SarinSerafi
Apr 27, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, do NOT buy presents from player shops. If you see anyone selling them or advertising Halarods or Black Hearts or any of that crap, save yourself the hassle and don't even visit their store.

I've never been scammed, but that's because I'm a very skeptical and non-trusting person by nature. Hey, it's helped me keep my stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Think of the most naive person you can imagine, and then think of their complete opposite. That'd be me. XD

Evil_Orion
Apr 27, 2007, 10:28 PM
Someone tried to make me drop my 22% Ice Ank Tomho after saying they could "dupe" it. I was like nigga plez.

Cz
Apr 28, 2007, 01:45 AM
i was tricked by a stranger once. He told me to drop my bow because his friend needed a range weapon to attack De Ragnus. I said, "sure as long you give it back." After the battle, they left the game and never return my bow...>.> It wasnt a big lost for me since it is only a 9* bow and i got plenty to spare. I mean...they didnt really have to do that...if they asked, i probably just give that bow to them for free. >.>;

EL-0104
Apr 28, 2007, 09:50 AM
Wow, that's sad people are capable of doing something like this. It's good to read up on this forum about these matters. I just started about two weeks ago online and I still have lots to learn. Although I have nothing to offer since I'm at lvl 15, still nice to keep a keen eye open!

And yes, this is my first post on here too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EL-0104 on 2007-04-28 07:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EL-0104 on 2007-04-28 07:52 ]</font>

Ryno
Apr 28, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-04-26 15:51, Neo_Strife wrote:
"I've was tricked yesterday by someone whom I believed to be a honest person. (I had became frineds with them when I 1st joined PSU) Last night when I got from work I noticed they emailed me about a trade, so I gave my 8 items, and then the blacklisted me. Has anyone ever tricked you?"

no

Nia
Apr 28, 2007, 04:55 PM
Not me personally, but i remember someone saying that players were standing outside of the club charging people like 100k to "get inside" LMAO

Lamak
Apr 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
Wasabi got me for a couple mil before he left. Fucking loser...

Baku
Apr 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
this thread is a lesson to people...STAY AWAY FROM UNI 2!!! ...that is all.

natewifi
Apr 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
this is just a small number of people who try to scam others out of the 400~600 people on Universe 2, dont listen to Baku, its better to try to keep our universes full.