PDA

View Full Version : Divine Maiden? [SPOILERS OMG]

Saligun
Apr 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
It was said she died,yet it later said she recovered from her injuries and resumed her duties,how do you recover from dying?(moon atomizer maybe?)If she's alive thats great(I like her character)But this is like changing the plot after you have alreay released the movie to the public.So whats the story her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-04-26 15:59 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Apr 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
Karen Erra took over Mirei Mikuna's ronle, remember?

Saligun
Apr 26, 2007, 05:57 PM
But karen can't use technics(can she?)If she can't how can she heal people?Which is what the maidien was best at.

Kaydin
Apr 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
Karen gained back the use of TECHNICs. She used Resta once in story mode.

A2K
Apr 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
By the end of the game Karen has been able to begin to learn to use recovery TECHNICs. That's not what the maiden is for, though--the Divine Maiden's roles are to serve as a symbol for the Communion of Gurhal and to perform divination rituals. (In Japanese, the term they use would be more accurately translated as "Maiden of Phantasmal Vision")

Edit: You don't have to worry about spoiler tags, guys, since the thread itself is already marked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-26 16:02 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Karen couldn't use techniques because her power was being drained via the Photon seal and transfered over to Mirei. This ensured that Mirei would be powerful enough to beat out all the other canidates for the maiden position and ensure the Mikuna line as the most prominant within the C.O.G.

Mirei died when her father tried to permenantly transfer Karen's power over to her by some silly ritualistic killing. Instead, Mirei died and Karen inherited both of their powers.

VanHalen
Karen was in training for techs by the CoG. So she can use a little bit of them

DurakkenX
Apr 26, 2007, 07:28 PM
hey i got a tip....

how bout you play the game and pay attention to what happens...

Saligun
Apr 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
I was playing the game until i gave up after never being able to get past chapter 7.

Raysa
Apr 27, 2007, 01:05 AM
Dude, this game is too simple. How do you get stuck?

XDeviousX
Apr 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-04-26 20:23, Saligun wrote:
I was playing the game until i gave up after never being able to get past chapter 7.

LMFAO

thats the best thing I've heard all day... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In a related note, I'm stuck on level 4 of big-birds house of fun...

PsyX
Apr 27, 2007, 04:35 AM
I got stuck in the game.

At the Old Mellvore mission.

...the game froze >.>

So literally it got stuck.

Lol.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 06:14 AM
hahahaha! i only died 1 time since i started this game offline, kamatoze froze me and i got hit b4 i got out, but after that, i never died, but i only play offline when i CANT play online.

Angelo
Apr 27, 2007, 09:55 AM
I always assumed that when Karen got Mirei's 'seal' they kind've merged into one person and that's why Karen acts slightly different after the whole incident.

Sinue_v2
Apr 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
I always assumed that when Karen got Mirei's 'seal' they kind've merged into one person and that's why Karen acts slightly different after the whole incident.

No.. they both had Photon seals since childhood. Their father actually tried to kill Karen a long time ago, hence the reason why her mother snatched her up and fled into the wilderness. They didn't become two personalities in one body, or merged personalities, and the change in Karen's behavior is due to her going through some profound life changes which have opened her eyes. Taking on the Maiden's role, impersonating Mirei, means that she has to act and behave like Mirei - and to do that, she needed to understand Mirei, and that knowladge probably changed a lot of Karen's outlooks on life.

With that said, Mirei IS still a part of Karen. Not a concious or living part - but a part that lives on in memories, and of course, Mirei's power which was now transfered to Karen.

Angelo
Apr 27, 2007, 10:05 AM
Why do you have to crush my dreams? :[

Sinue_v2
Apr 27, 2007, 10:09 AM
Uh, because that's what happened?

MayLee
Apr 27, 2007, 10:18 AM
Since Karen's twin could use TECHS it blocked Karen from doing it, as Meri's last resort she gave Karen her powers and now Karen took her sister's role to serve under as the Devine Maiiden.