PDA

View Full Version : More AoI Info

ZeroVer01
Apr 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
According to Gamespot, at this Link (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169787.html), their are a few more details.

Ambition of Illuminus will be available this fall. Owners of the original Phantasy Star Universe on the Xbox 360 will be able to download the expansion, while PS2 and PC gamers can purchase a stand-alone edition of the expansion in stores. No price has been announced yet for the various versions of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeroVer01 on 2007-04-26 16:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeroVer01 on 2007-04-26 16:14 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2007, 06:15 PM
sweet, download!

i didnt feel like goin to a store.....

Jinto117
Apr 26, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, I am glad us 360 users can download it from the market place.

A2K
Apr 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
That kinda screws the Core System owners, doesn't it? (Not that they weren't already, amirite? Haha.)

It seems to me it might be easier just to release a separate disc for it on 360 as well, I think, but we'll see how this pans out.

Midicronica
Apr 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
Just speculation, but if this is downloadable for X360, wouldn't it be possible for hackers to tamper with the data? I've heard of people screwing around with their HDDs before.. Even if they were able to modify some of the data, XBL would probably insta-ban them the second they logged in.

And I wonder how many points this expansion is going to cost.. Same price as Shivering Isles, perhaps? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Kimil
Apr 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hmm... I wonder if GAmespot got their wires crossed... because if XBOX 360 could get it downloaded... why can't the PC version? We both have a HD... Seems... a bit odd...

Also, the PS2 version would get a cheaper 6 month option? Why wouldn't the PC version if we are on the same server? Something isn't adding up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-04-26 16:33 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
I've never heard of anyone cheating in Arcade games before.

Kimil
Apr 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-04-26 16:25, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Just speculation, but if this is downloadable for X360, wouldn't it be possible for hackers to tamper with the data? I've heard of people screwing around with their HDDs before.. Even if they were able to modify some of the data, XBL would probably insta-ban them the second they logged in.

And yes, this is another troubling thing to think about... I remember on HALO 2, the downloadable maps were very easy to hack. I doubt this is the same for the 360 though, I don't have one. Still, it is something to think about eh?

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2007, 06:36 PM
If they were to mess with it they'd be insta-banned as soon as they logged on to Xbox Live.

PC players probably can't download it because Sega either can't host it on their site, or are just too lazy to do it. I doubt it's "wire crossing".

Thrash777
Apr 26, 2007, 06:39 PM
Sweet! From the comfort of my own home! Yes!

Itsuki
Apr 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-04-26 16:36, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
PC players probably can't download it because Sega either can't host it on their site, or are just too lazy to do it. I doubt it's "wire crossing".

PC players probably can't download it because they don't feel like making a pay to download system. Its not like its going to be free on 360. Its just purchasable online. They probably experienced a lot of success with the demo over live, that they're willing to sell it through live aswell.

Nobo
Apr 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah I would like it more if us 360ers could buy it or download it since downloads take forever and sometimes dont come out good. And one of my friends plays on a memory card, can he download it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

VanHalen
Apr 26, 2007, 06:41 PM
Damnit now I gotta take the bus to the store and buy the PC version. Ahh well can't have everything......not even cash. It better be 30 dollars damnit!

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
I never thought for a second it'd be free. I just assumed they could just charge your Playsega ID for the download.

Whatever, now I REALLY need that 120 gb Hard Drive. T_T

ZeroVer01
Apr 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
Okay, everything on the Gamespot article is confirmed, I found the Sega Press Release, which is a mored detailed version of Gamespot's article.

Link (http://www.sega.com/corporate/corporate.php?item=pr_20070426a)

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus will be available on the Xbox 360 for download via Xbox LiveŽ, and in stores on the PlayStation 2 system and PC. With a GUARDIANS License, gamers can experience the new customizable and highly interactive features online. Players can purchase a GUARDIANS License for Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 system and PC online for $9.99 a month. The GUARDIANS License is also available at a discounted rate of $49.99 for six months of online play on the PlayStation 2 system and PC. Sony Computer Entertainment America takes no responsibility for this offer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeroVer01 on 2007-04-26 16:51 ]</font>

Kimil
Apr 26, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-04-26 16:51, ZeroVer01 wrote:
The GUARDIANS License is also available at a discounted rate of $49.99 for six months of online play on the PlayStation 2 system and PC.

Ok, I'm happy again now ^.^

$49.99 US is about.... 55~56$ CAN right now? Plus the Expansion... + Road trip this summer + Beer MOney + Tuition for next year ....
Ouch... X.x I need a job over summer again -_-

McLaughlin
Apr 26, 2007, 07:08 PM
Wasn't there always a 6 month option for PS2/PC users?

Gryffin
Apr 26, 2007, 07:12 PM
Fall.

Kthxsega.

zandra117
Apr 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
Operation Firebreak begins on May 25, and calls for the entire Phantasy Star Universe community to work cooperatively to defeat a new SEED-based threat.

Did anyone else notice this?

Burning Rangers!!! yay!!!!!111

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-04-26 18:06, zandra117 wrote:

Did anyone else notice this?

Yeah, we kinda did: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140926&forum=20&34

FUFME
Apr 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
**Inappropriate**

I thought the U.S. would have to wait till 2008 to get the expansion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-04-26 18:42 ]</font>

Golto
Apr 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
There's one thing that makes me curious. My 6 month subcription will run out in the first week of June. If I get another 6 month one and AOI comes out (Oct 2007 maybe?) while it is still good will it work for both the original PSU and PSU:AOI? Or would I have to get a new one for AOI?

Sinue_v2
Apr 26, 2007, 09:04 PM
I've never heard of anyone cheating in Arcade games before.

I wonder sometimes. I've seen people on the DOOM leaderboard finishing Nightmare E1M1 in under a minuite with 100 kills, 100 items, 100 secrets. I've been playing DOOM regularly since it first released on the PC, and while I won't claim to be "Uber" at it, I don't see how that's possible. Even using cheats on the PC to get the BFG and Plasmagun right off the bat it's an extremely tough to accomplish. The PAR time for that first mission is like 1:20, but that's a streight start to exit run... not a fully completed level.

Not to say that I think the Xbox 360 has been "haxed", but I can't really see those times and scores as being legit. Must be some kind of glitch or codes, I dunno.

Personally, I'd rather have AoI for the 360 on a seperate disk, depending on how much HDD space it takes up. Shivering Isles was about a gig, but anything more than that I'd rather reserve that space for future use. I really don't relish the thought of having to buy some craptacularly overpriced HDD for more storage space. Microsoft should be nice and allow us to install our own external USB HDD's. The 360 is capable of reformatting right? Why not allow us to hook up our own 200GB drives and use the utility to format them?

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-04-26 16:40, Nobo wrote:
Yeah I would like it more if us 360ers could buy it or download it since downloads take forever and sometimes dont come out good. And one of my friends plays on a memory card, can he download it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Wow...

You do know my brother has a hard drive now, and has had one for a long time...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

IceBurner
Apr 26, 2007, 09:56 PM
If they were to mess with it they'd be insta-banned as soon as they logged on to Xbox Live.

I'm fairly certain the reason PSU wasn't offered as a free download to PC users is so console owners wouldn't feel ripped off. Sega knew even PSO with both of its expansions didn't justify a $50 price tag plus a monthly fee to most NA and EU PC gamers; there are a great many PC exclusive online games that offer about the same level of content or more with a free download or much, much more overall content, better security ('rootkit'guard, I'm looking at you), and stability with a boxed price tag.

Heck battle.net is still free, and what technology does PSU feature and depend on that Dialo II didn't sport 5+ years ago? Server saves? GMs? Bandwidth? Chat? Cheat-protection? Rebalancing? Patching? The answer is zippo, absolutely nothing whatsoever. And you didn't even have to wait for all the content you paid for to become unlocked, nor were you deprived of anything except the absolute most top-tier, PvP-oriented gear in offline mode. Even Monster Hunter is free. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Well, I imagine quite a few don't want to hear what I've stated. By all means, please continue to promote paying for second-rate goods and service where better could be had for less money since almost a decade ago; I'll just keep my self-respect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBurner on 2007-04-26 20:00 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
Sweet, a download--

Ryna is gonna hurt me again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sychosis
Apr 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-04-26 19:56, IceBurner wrote:
By all means, please continue to promote paying for second-rate goods and service where better could be had for less money since almost a decade ago; I'll just keep my self-respect.

k.

Itsuki
Apr 27, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-04-26 18:07, FUFME wrote:
**Inappropriate**

I thought the U.S. would have to wait till 2008 to get the expansion

The date is probably tentative right now, and based on when the JP release date is. The JP release date isn't set in stone, so the US one isn't yet either.

They said the JP release date would be based upon the feedback of the beta. Factor such as how popular the beta was, how well the beta was accepted, how many bugs and glitches were found, how many balance issues need to be addressed. Basically, the more JP players tested it for them, the less they had to test themselves, and the more work they'd put towards getting it out faster.

The good news is that it atleast seemed to be quite well accepted. Hopefully meaning they're pushing the release date sooner.

Helly
Apr 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'm kinda sad they haven't announced a PS3 version yet~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-04-26 22:51, Helly wrote:
I'm kinda sad they haven't announced a PS3 version yet~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Use the PS2 version?

Helly
Apr 27, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-04-26 22:52, Paramedic wrote:
Use the PS2 version?

I don't have a PS3 yet though I hope to by the time AoI comes around. But c'mon why not make a version for it? Seems silly on their part. ;_;

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
Because then they'd have to remake the whole game?

PS2 version works on the PS3...

Helly
Apr 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-04-26 23:09, Paramedic wrote:
Because then they'd have to remake the whole game?

Ya mean port from 360 or PC? Thats far from remaking! Having PSU out on the 4 most viable systems with 3 of 'em linked no less is the way to go. Besides they gotta get on the PS3 sometime since PSU is a "5 year" plan or so. May as well get in before sequel #3.

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 01:14 AM
Why port the 360 or PC versions of which are just a port of the PS2 version...?

Helly
Apr 27, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-04-26 23:14, Paramedic wrote:
Why port the 360 or PC versions of which are just a port of the PS2 version...?

Because those are the best looking versions? And because it's $ega! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Porting is much cheaper than remaking and we all know how stingy they are~

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 01:21 AM

There's no point in porting a port, to a system that doesn't need a port. There would be no difference from the PS2 version to the PS3 version. And because PS3 is backwards compatible with PS2... That's just stupid. Waste of money for SEGA. You know... Money that they're spending on the development of AoI?

Sinue_v2
Apr 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
There would be no difference from the PS2 version to the PS3 version

I play on both the PS2 and 360 versions. There is a HUGE graphical gap between the PS2 and X360 - even when upscaled to 1280x1024. Textures are a mess and glitch out in FP mode, there's a nasty "film" over the screen in FP mode too.. dunno what the hell that is about. Colors are diluted horribly, and often far darker and dirtier than they should be. This is partly to do with the resolution, which is far better on the 360 - including widescreen format. The framerate on the X360 version can get horrible, and the PS2 - even worse. Weapon load times are much faster on the 360 version as well.

I could go on and on... but the point being, that while the game is technically the same across all three platforms - the 360 version is far more playable and astetically pleasing than the PS2 version.

The only way I could recommend playing this game on the PS2 is as a last-ditch solution. If you have a capable PC or a 360, then for the love of god use one of those. It's just night and day difference, and the PS3 BC doesn't even come close to making up for it.

Miyavizm
Apr 27, 2007, 02:40 AM
Whoo, win for downloadable expansion lol. If anything all three systems should be able to DL it. ]: Makes sense..

Urtri
Apr 27, 2007, 02:56 AM
all iam hoping is that

1.SEGA release the UK/EU Version at the same time as America if they dicide that a new Lincese is in order to upgrade
2. Sega dont make importers in the UK/EU wait a month to go online with AOI like they done with PSU

umipixie
Apr 27, 2007, 04:11 AM
This is probably already mentioned somewhere, and I swear I looked but didn't find anything...so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question.

Expansion pack means you get to keep your old characters if you want to, yes? The official announcement says something about more customization options in faces, body types, and color palettes. I am going to assume that means to get a new face type you have to make a new character since you can't change your face in Lumilass. Bah, should I just stop playing my force and wait until the new faces come out? I love her to bits, but I KNOW I am going to want to make a new character since I'm kind of a nut about that and she is my lowest level character that I actually play with. BOOOO, that would be the third time I've remade her. Heh. -_-

Sorry, I don't know much about expansion packs since this is the first game I've played that actually had one. I don't count PSO episode I&II since that was pretty much a "new game", insofar as you can call 3 different colors of the old bad guys a new game. Anyway, thanks for the help. :)

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 04:12 AM
On 2007-04-27 00:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:

There would be no difference from the PS2 version to the PS3 version

I play on both the PS2 and 360 versions. There is a HUGE graphical gap between the PS2 and X360 - even when upscaled to 1280x1024. Textures are a mess and glitch out in FP mode, there's a nasty "film" over the screen in FP mode too.. dunno what the hell that is about. Colors are diluted horribly, and often far darker and dirtier than they should be. This is partly to do with the resolution, which is far better on the 360 - including widescreen format. The framerate on the X360 version can get horrible, and the PS2 - even worse. Weapon load times are much faster on the 360 version as well.

I could go on and on... but the point being, that while the game is technically the same across all three platforms - the 360 version is far more playable and astetically pleasing than the PS2 version.

The only way I could recommend playing this game on the PS2 is as a last-ditch solution. If you have a capable PC or a 360, then for the love of god use one of those. It's just night and day difference, and the PS3 BC doesn't even come close to making up for it.

You guys should just hush and enjoy what you've got. I'm playing it on PC in the lowest possible graphic quality. (Frameskip on max, lowest resolution, lowest level of effects, highest clipping possible, compressed textures, CPU motion calculation, no post effects, LOD models on 0, and 6 for high because you have to)

infected
Apr 27, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-04-26 16:40, Itsuki-chan wrote:

PC players probably can't download it because they don't feel like making a pay to download system. Its not like its going to be free on 360. Its just purchasable online. They probably experienced a lot of success with the demo over live, that they're willing to sell it through live aswell.

pay to download system has been up for a year on sega.com

I think Sega says 'why post it when everyone downloads the game free online'

chaostroop
Apr 28, 2007, 04:00 AM
wats AOI stand for?

Schubalts
Apr 28, 2007, 06:58 AM
Ambition of Illuminus, yo.

QueenOfAlgol
Apr 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
Will there be difficulty levels????

like on pso?????

if there is that would make the game what a truly sequel to PSO!!!

Especially if they dropped RARES the same way....

Itsuki
Apr 29, 2007, 05:35 PM
Its the same style as PSU. Just C, B, A, and S rank. But it goes worth mentioning that the actual dificulty of each is lowered. With the S-rank variants of Vahra and Vanda appearing is A-rank missions.

Heres the modified layout:
C - level 20 and down (previously level 15 and lower)
B - Level 45 and down
A - Level 80 and down (yes, some of the A-ranks were S2 type difficulty)
S - level 115 and down

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, but that all may (and probably will) change in the final version of AoI, falling more in line with the rest of the current PSU missions. Then again, I'm fairly certain we'll eventually see at least 2 if not 3 difficulties over S2.

Soukosa
Apr 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
What's the point of going past S2? They raised the level at which the ranks are at to help them reach higher levels of enemies. Fighting enemies that are just a bit of a higher level doesn't exactly make them that much harder. However, using enemies of a different element that in turn have different attacks and AI can be harder and thus they can have them drop the higher rarity drops of that enemy more sanely.

Cz
Apr 29, 2007, 08:04 PM
i would like them to change the environment setting at a higher difficulty level...now that would be really nice.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 29, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:00, Sounomi wrote:
What's the point of going past S2? They raised the level at which the ranks are at to help them reach higher levels of enemies. Fighting enemies that are just a bit of a higher level doesn't exactly make them that much harder. However, using enemies of a different element that in turn have different attacks and AI can be harder and thus they can have them drop the higher rarity drops of that enemy more sanely.

Only the new AoI-onry missions had the C-A setup like that, yes? I'm willing to bet that was a temporary beta-only sort of thing. I'm figuring there will be 7-8 difficulties when all is said and done. 10* items are only beginning to drop on the 5th difficulty (S2), so it follows that 11* would be on the 6th (S3?) and 12* on the 7th ("Ultimate"?).

Rashiid
Apr 29, 2007, 08:34 PM
im sure theyre will be S3-S4 missions. they cant just have S2-A S2-B can they....

PALRAPPYS
Apr 29, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-04-29 15:35, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Its the same style as PSU. Just C, B, A, and S rank. But it goes worth mentioning that the actual dificulty of each is lowered. With the S-rank variants of Vahra and Vanda appearing is A-rank missions.

B - Level 45 and down
S - level 115 and down

Does this only adjust to the new missions, or change all of the current missions too? O.o

~Edit for clarification

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-04-29 18:49 ]</font>

Niered
Apr 29, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:34, Rashiid wrote:
im sure theyre will be S3-S4 missions. they cant just have S2-A S2-B can they....

No offense to you, so dont take this that way but,

where the hell are people coming up with these S3 and S4 missions? I have as of yet to see anything about them anywhere except from random players that quite simply dont have access to that information.

I mean, granted, it may sound like thats the way things are going if they are indeed making the final level cap 200, but allow me to remind you of something.

Currently, enemies in the new S2 missions are around lvl 80. Inferring that your best bet to level is to fight them at around that level yourself.

Remind me again what the requirements for Ultimate mode were in PSO? Thats right, lvl 80.

So what they will PROBABLY do instead of releaseing these S3-S4 missions is simply make the later in-game missions just so difficult that theyre only playable/available to much higher level characters.

I mean, you wouldnt exactly take a level 80 HUmar into Ultimate seabeds would you?

Helly
Apr 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
Think the offline mode(s) will have difficulty levels? With the highest level missions in PSU only going up to L60 and being easy as pie at that it kinda makes it trying to go up to L100 boring and pointless.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 29, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-04-29 18:59, Niered wrote:
I mean, you wouldnt exactly take a level 80 HUmar into Ultimate seabeds would you?
No, especially since the requirement for Ult. Ep. 2 was level 100 (90 for Ep.1, 110 for Ep. 4, these are the BB figures by the way).

But yeah, nobody knows for sure at this point, but S3/Ultimate difficulties make the most sense to me. Not like anyone was expecting S2 before JP first got the missions.

Alisha
Apr 29, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-04-29 19:43, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

No, especially since the requirement for Ult. Ep. 2 was level 100 (90 for Ep.1, 110 for Ep. 4, these are the BB figures by the way).

But yeah, nobody knows for sure at this point, but S3/Ultimate difficulties make the most sense to me. Not like anyone was expecting S2 before JP first got the missions.

im guessing you only played blue burst. lol.....

in previous versions level 80 gave access to all ultimate areas.

Itsuki
Apr 30, 2007, 12:08 AM
On 2007-04-29 18:46, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-04-29 15:35, Itsuki-chan wrote:

B - Level 45 and down
S - level 115 and down

Does this only adjust to the new missions, or change all of the current missions too? O.o
~Edit for clarification

Only the new missions. But I think it will hold to the release, since it appears they want to break out of the mold they were in, and make areas more equally balanced. Levels that should be harder than others, should have higher level monsters on equivalent difficulty.

Granted there is a large boost to monster difficulty at level 20, level 50, and level 100, that should't necessarily restrict C-ranks to having level 15 max, A-ranks to having level 45 max, and S-ranks to having level 95 max. Perhaps they will also rework the difficulties on the other missions at the release, but its yet to see. Having level 45 for Fakis A, and then 90 for Fakis S is just silly. It shows them breaking out of that.

QueenOfAlgol
Apr 30, 2007, 12:53 AM
I just hope they make a difficulty setting for offline, i played offline for hundreds of hours getting rares. Psu offline was horrid incomparison.

QueenOfAlgol
Apr 30, 2007, 02:40 PM
does anyone know????

Ryoten
Apr 30, 2007, 05:36 PM
If the game drop around Oct. I'll be far gone then. I might have to wait like another month or so to get it. ;-;

omegapirate2k
Apr 30, 2007, 06:15 PM
This is good, it saves me a trip out into the harsh sunlight.

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 06:30 PM

On 2007-04-29 18:34, Rashiid wrote:

No offense to you, so dont take this that way but,

where the hell are people coming up with these S3 and S4 missions? I have as of yet to see anything about them anywhere except from random players that quite simply dont have access to that information.

I mean, granted, it may sound like thats the way things are going if they are indeed making the final level cap 200, but allow me to remind you of something.

Currently, enemies in the new S2 missions are around lvl 80. Inferring that your best bet to level is to fight them at around that level yourself.

Remind me again what the requirements for Ultimate mode were in PSO? Thats right, lvl 80.

So what they will PROBABLY do instead of releaseing these S3-S4 missions is simply make the later in-game missions just so difficult that theyre only playable/available to much higher level characters.

i never had PSO, so i didnt know....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Kaydin
Apr 30, 2007, 06:37 PM
My level 120 HUmar gets owned in the Ruins. I could barely do VR spaceship. I would never think of going into Seabeds. x_X

We do need more, harder, missions. Level 200+ enemies please. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif