PDA

View Full Version : Huge reward from new party mission,(JP)

Arika
Apr 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
mission name :strictly confidential duty form an girl
(from word to word translate)
available : neudraiz mission counter

C :for LV 1+ (beginer)
rank C = 25/2500
rank B = 50/5000
rank A = 75/7000
rank S = 100/10000 (think about beginer job, 10 lv required only 1000 mp, so 10 S runs, will give u max)
B :for LV 35+
rank C = 52/5250
rank B = 105/10500
rank A = 157/15750
rank S = 210/21000
A :for LV 60+
rank C = ??
rank B = ??
rank A = 240/24000 (unconfirm)
rank S = 320/32000 (unconfirm)

if you don't rush to get mp for your new character now. wait for this one, and stay away from crimson lol(around next 2 month)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-26 23:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-27 00:44 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 27, 2007, 01:29 AM
and wat is this new mission name?

APEXi
Apr 27, 2007, 01:30 AM
that would be which one? new one on the jpn servers?

Paramedic
Apr 27, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-04-26 23:29, BunnyGirl wrote:
and wat is this new mission name?

APEXi
Apr 27, 2007, 01:32 AM
anyway, guess this refers to the news on the frontpage

Arika
Apr 27, 2007, 01:37 AM
彼女からの極秘任務 = name in jp
translate in ENG = strictly confidential duty form an girl (but the name will change when US ver come out)

Cz
Apr 27, 2007, 01:41 AM
i still dont get it...>.> i must be dumb. Ok so the new missions you mention are coming out for Japan, but the US (the server i am and most of us here are on) wont be getting this new mission for another 3 months...*sigh*

Allison_W
Apr 27, 2007, 02:00 AM
...This smells like when it comes out, it'll be what Bruce was prior to Labs S2.

Bloody hell. 100 MP for S-ranking it on C? And then 210 for B, which can be done as early as 35? I can already see the young Protransers falling all over themselves to get into parties for this mission and blow through their crap job levels. Hell, I'll inevitably be doing it for all of my characters, at least to get through the first few advanced job levels. (Four runs on C and your first advanced job level's done... *whistle*)

Ether
Apr 27, 2007, 02:06 AM
All I can say is lolsega

Can't design a decent way to find groups everywhere, so make everyone gather at one spot for a month

Cz
Apr 27, 2007, 02:44 AM
aye...but you have to give ST credit for doing their job. They tried really hard (i think...>.>) to please us, their customers....hehe. Its amazing, but people actually gather around for one specific place forever and just stay there like it is their home...>.>; Jeez people, there are 3 planets to hang out with...

Gen2000
Apr 27, 2007, 03:04 AM
That Brank S reward is too strong, most likely will be a case where high level players can do 2 Branks in the time it takes to do one Arank.

Gogo MP spam.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 27, 2007, 03:14 AM
I for one can't wait until the mission is available on US servers.

People doing missions other than spamming CB 50 times a day is IMO would be a good thing.

jayster
Apr 27, 2007, 05:40 AM
Hm I think this is a bad idea. Do you have pictures because some how that just seems a little unrealistic unless the mission is just insanely hard.

Zarode
Apr 27, 2007, 06:25 AM
There's something you guys are not getting. This mission is hard, even for the level 90s.

But of course, English players think everything is easy, and wimp out on hard missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif At least the JP will be willing to play harder missions.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
itll be hard, but hey, got a lv 40 human 5 fighgunner that you want to go fortefighter? well, you only need to do C rank 5 timez, or B 3. and yea this seems like the new bruce, considering how high you have to be just to do B. (35)
zarode-just shut up. considering you chars are all med-high lved, it seems to me you play this game waay to much? life anyone?
jayster-yes it dos seem a bit unrealistic, the mp amounts and all, and also, i want proof about it.

Neith
Apr 27, 2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

If it's easy, it'll get spammed. (see Crimson Beast, Lab Recovery)

If it's hard, no-one will run it. (see Seed Awakened, Desert Goliath)

physic
Apr 27, 2007, 06:52 AM
ehhh bruce reward is as good as lab its just harder bruce A is like 120 mp in less than 20 min. so like people said its not about the reward, its about the easy factor, anyhow these missions usally give more mp because hey, for high end jobs you need more mp. and they require more members. Also if you have to keep the npc alive or no scapes, it will probably be very tough at high levels. Ill do it, id do bruce more if i had people on it.

Zarode
Apr 27, 2007, 06:56 AM
Well, the hard part really is time and teamwork. Now the teamwork part is easy to conquer, and is the fun part of this mission. I forgot to mention that this mission is wickedly fun!!!

You run through Jungle and Temple (of neudiaz) full of enemies trying to get 20 capsules in 15 minutes. Most of them are put in puzzle like ways, and time consuming to get. To collection all 20 capsules, you need at least 4 people. Thing is, you can skip 6 capsules and beat the stage with 5 minutes left and get an s rank. It's just really hard doing it that way, and it is really hard getting S the normal way.

And that was with a team with me (JP me, mind you), a lv36 Fighter, a lv46 Fighy, and a lv60+ Fortetecher. On C Rank even. :S

The payout is worth it though. Even if you don't get all the capsules, you get a sizable chunk even for B rank completion.

So trust me, I know for a fact that nobody on US will spam this mission. Far too mentally challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh and Ryan, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Another thing I forgot!

Same rules as Bruce, but you don't have NPC baggage this time. But if someone:

Disconnects
Dies
Leaves Party

Everyone fails. It sucks whenever someone D/Ces right at the end... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2007-04-27 04:58 ]</font>

Eleina
Apr 27, 2007, 07:20 AM
Hotspot coming through!!!!!!
I can see ppl organizing themselves in partys and spamming this like there is no tomorrow....Once its done a few times ppl will get the hang of it and WHAM it'll become the new bruce..

Hrith
Apr 27, 2007, 08:12 AM
On 2007-04-27 04:56, Zarode wrote:

Disconnects
Dies
Leaves Party

Everyone fails. It sucks whenever someone D/Ces right at the end... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gifYou forgot if someone boots another member. I was once in a game with a complete moron, he booted Bruce because he was about to die. BRUCE!

Zarode
Apr 27, 2007, 08:17 AM
On 2007-04-27 06:12, Hrith wrote:

On 2007-04-27 04:56, Zarode wrote:

Disconnects
Dies
Leaves Party

Everyone fails. It sucks whenever someone D/Ces right at the end... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gifYou forgot if someone boots another member. I was once in a game with a complete moron, he booted Bruce because he was about to die. BRUCE!

That didn't cross my mind...till now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

akratic
Apr 27, 2007, 08:56 AM
Oh, the purity and holiness of the players on the JP PCPS2 servers!!!!! Any challenge, they meet head on! Any player, they accept with generous reacharounds and free items! Any good item, they sell for cheap in their player shops! Never will the purity of these players be sullied by rewards and ease!

Oh, how I wish I could be a part of a community that never rests until they have shouted their greatness over and over and over to the weak, brutish, fools of the other servers.

I think I have to go bow down to my stuffed Parappa.

Sekani
Apr 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-04-27 06:56, akratic wrote:
Oh, the purity and holiness of the players on the JP PCPS2 servers!!!!! Any challenge, they meet head on! Any player, they accept with generous reacharounds and free items! Any good item, they sell for cheap in their player shops! Never will the purity of these players be sullied by rewards and ease!

Oh, how I wish I could be a part of a community that never rests until they have shouted their greatness over and over and over to the weak, brutish, fools of the other servers.

I think I have to go bow down to my stuffed Parappa.

LOL, my sentiments exactly.

Truth is that the MP reward is gonna be too much to pass up. I guarantee that this'll be spammed to hell when it comes out, complete with the perfectionist negativity that made Bruce's Mission such a displeasure to run.

Sychosis
Apr 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
On 2007-04-27 04:25, Zarode wrote:
But of course, English players think everything is easy, and wimp out on hard missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif At least the JP will be willing to play harder missions.

As I recall, Ultimate Attack saw Parum nearly "destroyed" until some missions with easy to get, high rewards came out.

Some community.

akratic
Apr 27, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-04-27 07:19, Sychosis wrote:

As I recall, Ultimate Attack saw Parum nearly "destroyed" until some missions with easy to get, high rewards came out.

Some community.

No, your memory is wrong.

It has to be. It just...has to...

Lyrise
Apr 27, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-04-27 08:03, akratic wrote:

On 2007-04-27 07:19, Sychosis wrote:

Some community.

No, your memory is wrong.

It has to be. It just...has to...

It's not wrong. But I wouldn't say nearly destroyed, since that was the halfway point. The problem was how it instantly became the pretty much ONLY mission being run with the oddly occasional party on Neudaiz, never on Moatoob. So popular that even though the goal was 25 million Purification point, those 2 missions generated about 150 million puripoints. Pretty skewed, no?

In any case, regarding the new mission, its not entirely easy. In fact, its VERY random too, to the point where I'm starting to question who designed this mission. Were they high? Drunk? Maybe even both? The randomness comes from the locations of the samples as well as the never repeating mix of enemies. (Enemy setup is not always the same, and not of 3 layouts, and the locations of the samples in the temple are just everywhere...)

Not saying it's a bad thing, it's a VERY well designed mission and for those looking to get S grades on A rank, you pretty much need a party of 4, otherwise some poor sap is going to end up facing a mob of leader fire gohmons... that's never a good thing. (because when you spawn in the second temple, you're starting in one of 2 places, and its rather random where you end up.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-04-27 09:20 ]</font>

akratic
Apr 27, 2007, 11:16 AM
It has to be wrong because the JP players never would do that. They play every mission equally, always smiling and loving each other with sweetness and chocolate and doe-eyed cuteness.

Lyrise
Apr 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
To be quite honest, while I'm slightly disappointed in how that went over, I can't blame them either. Besides being high payout, you only see those missions for 2 weeks, then they're gone forever. Given the ease and uniqueness, one would be pretty stupid to pass them up.

JAFO22000
Apr 27, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-04-27 09:14, Lyrise wrote:
In any case, regarding the new mission, its not entirely easy. In fact, its VERY random too, to the point where I'm starting to question who designed this mission. Were they high? Drunk? Maybe even both? The randomness comes from the locations of the samples as well as the never repeating mix of enemies. (Enemy setup is not always the same, and not of 3 layouts, and the locations of the samples in the temple are just everywhere...)

THAT is the best news I've heard all day! Randomness rewards the skill of the player.

Of course, I'll have to get on the JP servers to run this mission due to the low mental capacity of the US playerzz...

Soukosa
Apr 27, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-04-27 04:46, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Which is funny since SEED Awakened has 3 confirmed S rank drops now. No one does it yet everyone whines about the lack of S ranks...

On 2007-04-27 09:14, Lyrise wrote: otherwise some poor sap is going to end up facing a mob of leader fire gohmons...

Poor indeed. Hell forget about the leader part, just normal fire gohmons are the spawn of satan.

physic
Apr 27, 2007, 04:42 PM
i only remember 2 boss box s ranks whats the third.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
So trust me, I know for a fact that nobody on US will spam this mission. Far too mentally challenging.
-lies, we will spam it to hell.
Truth is that the MP reward is gonna be too much to pass up. I guarantee that this'll be spammed to hell when it comes out, complete with the perfectionist negativity that made Bruce's Mission such a displeasure to run.
-yep.
and zarode, bout you having decent level ppl and it being tough thats just because
[insert insult here]

VanHalen
Apr 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
Well this sounds like a party mission of greatness! Can't wait til it comes out I love challenging missions.

AweOfShe
Apr 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-04-27 14:35, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-04-27 04:46, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Which is funny since SEED Awakened has 3 confirmed S rank drops now. No one does it yet everyone whines about the lack of S ranks...

Bwahahaha, f'ing owned. XD

Zarode
Apr 27, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-04-27 09:16, akratic wrote:
It has to be wrong because the JP players never would do that. They play every mission equally, always smiling and loving each other with sweetness and chocolate and doe-eyed cuteness.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's either Crimson or this mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Davot
Apr 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
if its true PSU is in a era of inflation

Powder Keg
Apr 27, 2007, 07:27 PM
It will probably be a royal pain. I couldn't stand Bruce, due to his MOME/ELLY-like stupidity. If this is anything similar, I probably won't complete it more than once.

Itsuki
Apr 27, 2007, 07:35 PM
It goes worthe mentioning that theres 2 way sto S-rank the mission. You can go for speed and time, or go for completion. Either way, you can get an S. On A-rank I would asusme that you would have to go for speed. But on C and B, its probably easier to go for completion. Which requires a party of 4, but can be completed relatively easily, and you don't even need to rush too much (time doesn't matter. Theres 20 items worth 50 pts each. All 20 == 1000pts, regardless of time).

Not that it particularly matters to the american community. Its not in the american mentality to go for completion when you can just go for speed instead.

Not saying it's a bad thing, it's a VERY well designed mission and for those looking to get S grades on A rank, you pretty much need a party of 4, otherwise some poor sap is going to end up facing a mob of leader fire gohmons... that's never a good thing. (because when you spawn in the second temple, you're starting in one of 2 places, and its rather random where you end up.)

It seems to me like the element of the monsters and the locations of the initial samples in the second block determine where the other samples will be. I haven't played it enough to really get a standing on it though. Probably needs more experimenting.

Rashiid
Apr 27, 2007, 07:37 PM
with a reward like this, US will spam this more then JP. ppl dont do it for the easy factor, they do it for the reward factor. reason ppl dont do seed is cause its only 6k.

Sychosis
Apr 27, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-04-27 17:35, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Not that it particularly matters to the american community. Its not in the american mentality to go for completion when you can just go for speed instead.

Do you get into lots of arguments then? Being a lazy American yourself and all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-27 17:51 ]</font>

Lyrise
Apr 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
It goes worthe mentioning that theres 2 way sto S-rank the mission. You can go for speed and time, or go for completion. Either way, you can get an S. On A-rank I would asusme that you would have to go for speed. But on C and B, its probably easier to go for completion. Which requires a party of 4, but can be completed relatively easily, and you don't even need to rush too much (time doesn't matter. Theres 20 items worth 50 pts each. All 20 == 1000pts, regardless of time).

It seems to me like the element of the monsters and the locations of the initial samples in the second block determine where the other samples will be. I haven't played it enough to really get a standing on it though. Probably needs more experimenting.

I've done it enough times to get a pretty good understanding now. It's not as random as I first though, but its random enough to be entertaining. The sample spawns in the temple have several different layouts, and the enemies have different setups. Not one enemy layout is tied to a sample layout, although some enemies will be fixed, like the 2 fire gohmons waiting in the pit you warp into in temple2.

If you know all the sample layouts, that's half the work. If you know the enemy layouts, that's the other half. If you know both, then you're good to go speedrunning.

Vay
Apr 27, 2007, 07:58 PM
Did I read that correctly?

RANDOM SPAWNS?!

Oh god yes, finally. It's a shame more missions aren't designed like that.

Thrash777
Apr 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
Which planet/area this on?

TorterraEndor
Apr 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
Neudiaz

akratic
Apr 27, 2007, 09:43 PM

That's what she said!

Left-right-left-right-chu-chu-chu!

BahnKnakyu
Apr 27, 2007, 11:11 PM
Wow, a lotta XBox360 players trolling this topic about what the JP community is. It's better. Guaranteed. I only stay on the US side 'cause the text is in English, that's it. I've played on both myself - hell the JP players here play on both, so it's not like they're bullshitting you.

Can't wait for this mission though. Random spawns/map layout wins - that makes things much more fun and dynamic.

Sychosis
Apr 27, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-04-27 21:11, BahnKnakyu wrote:
Wow, a lotta XBox360 players trolling this topic about what the JP community is. It's better. Guaranteed. I only stay on the US side 'cause the text is in English, that's it.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Because your location on the globe dictates your friendliness, right?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sekani
Apr 27, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-04-27 21:11, BahnKnakyu wrote:
Wow, a lotta XBox360 players trolling this topic about what the JP community is. It's better. Guaranteed. I only stay on the US side 'cause the text is in English, that's it. I've played on both myself - hell the JP players here play on both, so it's not like they're bullshitting you.

More like Japanophiles such as you and Zarode trolling an entire country of players and a few of us (not all from Xbox360, pay attention) not afraid to call you on your bullshit.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2007, 12:13 AM
Not my problem that most English players are babbling spineless fools.

Obviously easy to hurt their feeling too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif noez~

Sekani
Apr 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
Shouldn't you be sniffing some used panties from a vending machine right about now?

Zarode
Apr 28, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-04-27 22:29, Sekani wrote:
Shouldn't you be sniffing some used panties from a vending machine right about now?

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1098/gb24chancopyzw1.jpg

Begone, evil. Back to 4chan with thou!

Midicronica
Apr 28, 2007, 01:00 AM
Whooooa! WTF! O_o!

Sychosis
Apr 28, 2007, 01:01 AM
Seriously. Jesus Christ.

Ketchup345
Apr 28, 2007, 02:10 AM
This thread is verbally closed until after review by a PSU forum moderator. Anyone posting after this message and before a decision by a PSU mod will receive a warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-04-28 00:11 ]</font>

Dhylec
Apr 28, 2007, 02:57 AM
Well, the tread is derailed, so let's close this. Start a new one if you wanna continue on the subject of mission.