PDA

View Full Version : AOI Offline Mode

SS_Death
Apr 27, 2007, 11:29 AM
Ok, so based on what it's been saying, it's starting to sound like the expansion is going to be online only, unless we are talking like offline mode of PSO...the question is, anyone got a clear indication of which one it is?

Weeaboolits
Apr 27, 2007, 12:04 PM
There'd better be an offline mode! D:<

Thrash777
Apr 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
I was wondering about the offline as well... I'm not really worried bout it tho...

Aileron
Apr 27, 2007, 01:52 PM
Offline was already confirmed....

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2007, 04:55 PM
But it says we're using our online character here..

According to the article, Ambition of the Illuminus will feature a new central character (previously Ethan Waber) in the game's storyline, you! Players continue where PSU's story left off, restoring peace to the Gurhal System using their customized online character.

I thought the 2 weren't suppose to mingle. From the jist of it, I'm assuming its online only but I've heard others say there was offline aswell, (without citation).

So which is it?
online only or offline+online=connected?

Parn
Apr 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
It means you probably create a character extra-mode style if you play Ambition of Illuminus offline.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
nah i doubt it.

Parn
Apr 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
...you're free to disagree but... what is your position, then? The story revolves around your own character. How then, would offline mode work for people that don't connect their PS2 to the internet?

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
So in otherwords they lied/failed in their official announcement? Because those are 2 drasticly different statements.

An offline created character =/= customized online character; then again, I'm reading far to into it. The release date hasn't even been announced, only the ETA, which mostlikely will change.

It'll give me something to think about..
Thanks for the guesstimate though, Parn.

VanHalen
Apr 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-04-27 10:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
There'd better be an offline mode! D:<

You better get on network mode!

Parn
Apr 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-04-27 15:14, Kano-Okami wrote:
So in otherwords they lied/failed in their official announcement? Because those are 2 drasticly different statements.
It wouldn't be the first time press information is inaccurate. After all, numerous companies claim 80 hour RPGs that manage to last only 20, maybe 30 when you do all the side quests, and PSU was supposed to be a 10 gig game that took 5 instead. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, if an offline mode is indeed part of the game.

Zantra
Apr 27, 2007, 05:19 PM
Maybe they're taking it completely down the PSO road, with characters saved "User side" so that you can play them offline, and online. And, hacking will once again run rampant, and ruin the community! ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kano-Okami
Apr 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
Thats the only way I did play pso, though. Even way back then, with Oberon 01-01, when I first started playing. Oh, how I miss my Game Magazine+99 I had, donated by a ...mysterious benifactor.. >_>;;

But that won't happen to PSU. I feel what the whole 'expanded extra mode' theory is the most likely route thats going to be taken, just to insure security and to prevent hacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2007-04-27 15:33 ]</font>