PDA

View Full Version : Which Axe PA isw better

Laonex954x
Apr 27, 2007, 12:21 PM
title says it all

Thrash777
Apr 27, 2007, 12:27 PM
Redda may be less accurate, and less powerful, but it hits twice as many times and is 10 times faster to level up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 27, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-04-27 10:27, Thrash777 wrote:
Redda may be less accurate, and less powerful, but it hits twice as many times and is 10 times faster to level up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I believe redda is MORE accurate, not less.
http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Skills

Deja
Apr 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
I'm starting to prefer Dugrega. Redda gets interrupted far too many times, and dugrega looks better.

Sharkyland
Apr 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
Depends on the situation for me. All I know is the drudega takes fricking forever to level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-04-27 11:35 ]</font>

Micro
Apr 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
Only 1 vote for Dugrega so far... (yay me?)

With both of these PA's at level 30, Redda seems to miss more for me. I tend to use both PA's evenly, usually two Axe's on my pallete(depending on map/area) 1 with Redda, 1 with Dugrega.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
I barely use axe's anyway. Pretty useless weapon at S rank speeds.

polhavara or maybe a distracted kog nad/fire ball spitting guys on maotoob

I thought it would be better on bosses, but the truth is a spear works better (hits more locations, has WAY more accuracy, and more hits in the combo)

Axe is a poor weapon.

Aileron
Apr 27, 2007, 01:55 PM
Gotta go with Redda, it lvls fast and does good damage.

malice_nyc
Apr 27, 2007, 02:13 PM
Redda. I'm at 28 with it in like a week or so.

On the plus side, since redda levels so absurdly fast, you can hit 30 with it then start on the other one in no time at all ^_^

Neith
Apr 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-04-27 11:32, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Axe is a poor weapon.

No, Axe is good, when used right. Attack from the back (don't tell me it's hard- it isn't, even in S2), and know when to use the PA's, and which mobs will interrupt.

Of the two PA's, I use Redda for enemies with a lot of HP/bosses, as it deals out the damage a lot faster than Dugrega.

However, Dugrega is great for damage per hit, and crowd control, so I use that when it's better to keep enemies pinned.

-Ryuki-
Apr 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
People underrate Dugrega, and it honestly infuriates me. If you're going to
use axes period, use both. Most people don't even like axes to begin with.
Redda is to Daggas, as Dugrega is to Robado (sort of). Sure, Redda deals
good damage, but so does Dugrega. Most people, if any at all, give up on
Dugrega to even see the damage it can deal. Dugrega's slow in terms of
DPS, but that's only real downside to it in my opinion.

AweOfShe
Apr 27, 2007, 03:13 PM
I'm leaning towards Durgrega more myself, for the same reasons already stated.

But I do like Redda on big enemies. Particularly if I'm my Newman, doing 1000 to 1700 a hit, with no misses from the front of an enemy. XD

EDIT: For more clarification, I voted Durgrega still. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-27 13:19 ]</font>

Mikura
Apr 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
Both have their uses but I mainly use axes for big mobs/bosses so Redda wins for me. Can mow down the De Ragans and Onmagougs pretty fast with that PA.

Fleur-de-Lis
Apr 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, Dugrega is underrated, and, for me, each PA has its preferred use depending on the situation at hand.

If you are planning to stick with the axe, and master it, I see no reason not to get both. If you just want a quick, nice-looking PA with which to slug it out, go Redda.

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
Question. Can dugrea be used effectively as an stunner for large enemies? Will parties like that I can make jarbas not be able to move with all the knocking around it does?

SolomonGrundy
Apr 27, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-04-27 12:32, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-04-27 11:32, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Axe is a poor weapon.

No, Axe is good, when used right. Attack from the back (don't tell me it's hard- it isn't, even in S2), and know when to use the PA's, and which mobs will interrupt.

Of the two PA's, I use Redda for enemies with a lot of HP/bosses, as it deals out the damage a lot faster than Dugrega.

However, Dugrega is great for damage per hit, and crowd control, so I use that when it's better to keep enemies pinned.

All things being equal, axe is slow, ponderous, and has poor crowd contol. other weapons can be used from behind, but guess what...you don't HAVE to with them.

attacking from behind is also not great with the axe's regular attack because most enemies have a rear attack themselves, and axe's atttack range is so poor that you can get hit.

1000 ATP (7*) = 200 damage, and it's regular attack is SO slow, I can land more blows with a 6* sword, and hit multiple enemies to boot.

Fleur-de-Lis
Apr 27, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-04-27 15:43, Zorafim wrote:
Question. Can dugrea be used effectively as an stunner for large enemies? Will parties like that I can make jarbas not be able to move with all the knocking around it does?

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but I was in an A-Rank Denes party the other night and I believe Dugrega did interrupt the Jarbas in addition to throwing Badira all over the place. In addition, at those lower ranks it will also knock over your larger quadripeds (Kog Nadd, Drua Gohra, et al) when you hit them from the side, if I remember correctly.

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
I may use that as my stun PA. I only use fortefighter weapons at the moment, and I can't seem to find any other stun locking PAs that look good.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
To the Dugrega Haters, This PA is a great support PA.

The fact that a Lv1 Dugrega can do knockback is great. Dugrega should be used to knock foes down, not sheer Damage, remember, every Class can be supportive, and offensive.

Dugrega can be used to easyly knock down those pesky Go Vahra, Olgohmons, Vanda Mehra, and Deljabans. It can also be used to do a stun assault on Jarbas... dificult, but posible.

Oh, and with a few Dugregaers, you can safely kill the Gaozoran without the Foie blast of Megid power.

Redda for Damage, Dugrega for Support.

DemonCloak
Apr 28, 2007, 12:04 AM
I believe redda is MORE accurate, not less.

I know you got his from psupedia Solomon, and I applaud you for going out of the way to do the research, however, Dugrega caps out at 90% acc since the mass buff/nerfing a while back. Redda only caps out at 86% acc. According to psu-pedia Dugrega caps out at 65% acc, which used to be right (wtf was Sega thinking?!). If nothing else, this is a good example of how dead psu-pedia is now (seems they fixed the account registration a little too late).

Anyway, personally, I started out liking Redda cause it leveled so fast, but after spending a long time with Dugrega, I started to feel both pa's are about the same. Dugrega is nicer for isolating enemies and continually back attacking them as well. It mostly depends on the situation though. Either way, the axe still misses enough to bother me and I'm a Cast Male, I hope Sega gets on that eventually (and makes swords not crappy too).

Cz
Apr 28, 2007, 01:30 AM
Ank Redda is more fun to use for me. I already got it to level 30 and doing some decent damage because i dont have high % axe. I quitted using axe for a long time now...i might go back to using it again once we have the ult. pa for it.

ashley50
Apr 28, 2007, 04:11 AM
i go for redda...reason.
It's fun to see to slam the axe repeatedly...gives you the feeling of "power"...kinda.

Eleina
Apr 28, 2007, 08:23 AM
No "axes are overrated spears ftw" option? *sigh*
I voted redda coz its less boring to level