PDA

View Full Version : motivate me...

PIT
Apr 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
i have quite a large sci-fi story building up inside my head (not in the universe of PS), full of conspiracies, religion-based conspiracies, anything and everything to gain controll over people and their wallets, bad guys that you actually like, some action, some kick-ass events and all such, but i just can't find the inner strenght to go strikin' my keyboard...

help me find that strenght...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PIT on 2007-04-27 12:53 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 27, 2007, 03:06 PM
If the story you have in your mind is so great, would it not be a crime to allow it to go unwritten to your grave?

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 27, 2007, 03:19 PM
Well, here's an idea. Map out the story on paper if you don't have the order fully complete or simply write it one chapter at a time.

PIT
Apr 27, 2007, 03:20 PM
dunno if it's so great, right now it's just a bunch of flashes in my mind, but i think it might be good. i know that i should write it down but some unseen force is keeping me from it O.o' - is it called lazyness?

i've even got some concept arts, i'll think about uploading them later, IF i'll start writing that is.

Sgt_Shligger
Apr 27, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hey, just piece it together ;o

Hardest part is starting.

PIT
Apr 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
it's getting late here, so for now i'm going to write down what, when and why happens and i'll think more seriously about writing the first chapter tomorrow. i don't even have i title =/. i've tried to find a suitable one but there just doesn't seem to be any...

PALRAPPYS
Apr 29, 2007, 08:42 PM
Titles come last really, so don't concentrate on that until later. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Just take it slowly and easy... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 29, 2007, 10:02 PM
I would say try watching or reading any other forms of fiction that you're into, maybe Sci-fi channel serieses, anime, manga(if you're into that stuff), comic books, and try listening to some music for an idea of a soundtrack. Sometimes, music and anime helps me in my writing.

DizzyDi
Apr 29, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-04-27 13:20, PIT wrote:
dunno if it's so great, right now it's just a bunch of flashes in my mind, but i think it might be good. i know that i should write it down but some unseen force is keeping me from it O.o' - is it called lazyness?

i've even got some concept arts, i'll think about uploading them later, IF i'll start writing that is.

man you have no ideas how many stories that have flashed along in my head and i've never started.
DON'T BE LIKE ME.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 29, 2007, 10:12 PM
Same happens to me too man, I think of these stories, but some of them just don't happen.

PIT
May 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
i gotta find some way to write it while totally relaxed. for some reason i just can't write while my brother is looking at the monitor whenever a loading occurs =/ (PC in my bro's room). does anyone know some notepad for mobiles that can save .txt files and let me transfer them to PC? i think this would be the easiest way.

Sgt_Shligger
May 4, 2007, 06:00 PM
I think it's called the laptop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If you don't have the money to buy a older laptop, something just for typing and such, I'd recommend the library for typing and emailing the text back to yourself (or just posting it from there). Alternatively, you could write it out pencil/paper and then type it.

Solstis
May 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
My suggestion is to try to write scenes or fragments first, not chapters. I don't get the whole FanFiction obsession with chapters. I mean, you can work on what to label everything (like Pal said) afterwards.

If you have a really neat idea, write it, and build the story from that.

PIT
May 5, 2007, 04:32 AM
thanks for your help guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
i think i'll start writing it down on paper first. you should be able to see if it really is good in some time. i should start on monday.

Nayla
May 5, 2007, 08:40 AM
I agree with Solstis. If u have any scenes/lines/events/characters that are clear in ur head, write those down and see if more of the story spawns off of them. U can use ur own ideas to spark inspiration. Also, if u have an idea of the feeling/tone u want ur story to have, try to get into that mindset and explore that. Like Shiroryuu said, music helps ^.^

PIT
May 13, 2007, 08:05 AM
i've got about 6 pages of it now, but i think it will be better if i'll upload the whole thing at once. but it can get real big... so i'm a bit confused about that now

Sgt_Shligger
May 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Well, if you think it won't spoil the story, do it.

The least we can give is feedback ;o