PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Thoughts on Ethan [SPOILERS]

Zantra
Apr 27, 2007, 04:58 PM
Is this really Ethan? Why has he become evil?

Am I the only one who thinks that this Ethan, is either...
A) A clone.
B) The Original Ethan, infected by SEED.
C) An Evil Twin.
D) Someone pretending to be Ethan.
E) A Cast made to look like Ethan, programmed with his memories.

You changed my title, Nazi Mod Ryna.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-04-27 20:23 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
Sepheroth.

SStrikerR
Apr 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
somebody made ethan a bit mad no? dallgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2007-04-27 18:26 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Apr 27, 2007, 05:07 PM
I like your numbering. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I haven't played online yet, so I dunno' what's up... ;_;

Zantra
Apr 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-04-27 15:07, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I like your numbering. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I haven't played online yet, so I dunno' what's up... ;_;

Just noticed that, my bad...

Aileron
Apr 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ethan has become a badass. >.>

ShadowDragon28
Apr 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
My hypothesis:

I think Ethan's *deep* undercover, I think he wants to "join" Illuminus and then take then the group down from the inside....

Laia just doesn't know the truth of what's actually going on. Plus she still mad at Ethan for his "assassination" attempt. (which was I think was fake, but done for a reason..)

Raven5_1
Apr 27, 2007, 05:31 PM
hey shadowdragon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (thanks for the advice last week) personally there is no feasible way for it to be an evil ethan.

undercover ethan yes, evil ethan no way no how.

NPCMook
Apr 27, 2007, 05:39 PM
oh I know, Ethan actually knows what he's doing for a change! Since he technically isn't a guardian he leads the Guardians to points of interest, while leading his own investigation

Niered
Apr 27, 2007, 05:54 PM
Play the new story quest. Its confirmed hes NOT evil. Which pisses me off, but oh well.

Also, BEWARE THE SEED VENAS! BEWARE THEM!

Sylpheed
Apr 27, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-04-27 15:54, Niered wrote:
Play the new story quest. Its confirmed hes NOT evil. Which pisses me off, but oh well.

Also, BEWARE THE SEED VENAS! BEWARE THEM!

SEED VENAS+Invincible=a very scared me.

Nia
Apr 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
1337 H4XORS!

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
I donno, i think Ethan left the guardians to pursue Karen, joined up with the rogues, and though he's going against the guardians he isn't being pursue with the full force the guardians could give. (he tried to kill the president, surely if they really wanted they could find him, He's no Tylor) and also remembe Lumia? can you say "Hostage"? Oh and of course he was recruited to join Illumius, however he turned them down and is now trying to keep from being caught, ruining Illumius' plans, and get Karen back.

The guy has his work cut out for him i'll tell you that.

Raven5_1
Apr 27, 2007, 06:58 PM
i havent played story mode since i got online, and i havent found the time to play the online story mode, so may i just ask what was the confirmation?

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2007, 07:01 PM
That seed form is completely skippable, by the way. I didn't do any damage to it, and managed to get out of there.

Niered
Apr 27, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-04-27 17:01, Zorafim wrote:
That seed form is completely skippable, by the way. I didn't do any damage to it, and managed to get out of there.

Thats actually the only thing you CAN do. =(

Those things are amazingly menacing. I can easily see them striking fear into many a party member if ever put into actual quests. There made of pwnage.

Serephim
Apr 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
I believe Ethan is simply trying to achieve a goal or something.

Most likely he's trying to destroy a potental threat (most likely a dirty corporation thats actully thought to be good, like a dirty cop group or something), and is being chased by someone to do it.

...Or, he just snapped.

Regardless, im LOVING the character change for him. I really enjoyed the way Ethan was in the start of the story (tough guy sort of), but by the middle of the story i stopped admiring his character work so much.

Ethan also APPARENTLY got much more skilled than Karen was (who was better than both Hyugga AND Ethan), so by this storyline hes most likely a really, really, REALLY good swordfighter.

Not to mention he completely and single handedly fucked Magashi over in a 1v1 (although im mad that fight was completely cutscene. Magashi should have been able to be fought in his Normal Cast form.)

Regardless, AoI is annouced to be more like PSO (characters ARE the main character), and they also said to have alot more Single Player missions.

However, if they force you to play Laia instead of Dark Ethan, im going to be fucking fracking pissed off.

Thrash777
Apr 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
Play Ep2 Chapter 8 online, you'll see what Ethan is really like...

SiGeL
Apr 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
I played this a few hours ago. Saw his weapons and turned off my Xbox to go cry in a corner.

I do wanna see if the AoI trailer with him fighting Laia comes into play in the actual game, and how.

ZamarKeoshi
Apr 27, 2007, 09:02 PM
I think ShadowDragon might be right cause in the 1st story mission he says something like "Wait you dont know the whole story!".But no mader what Laia when ever she sees him she goes nutz honestly I think Laia may be the Iliminus Agent just by how she is... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

vg_geek86
Apr 27, 2007, 09:24 PM
Who knows, maybe someone was trying to assasinate the president, Ethan tries to stop them, the gun went off barely missing the president, the perp escapes mean while Ethan is seen with the would be assassination weapon. Hopefully though it takes a nice twist, somehow putting the president as the bad guy or something along those lines. I love plot twist. =)

Dahilia
Apr 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
Whatever. I just want to see him and Laia do it. Hi!

Arika
Apr 27, 2007, 10:41 PM
Ethan equip Blackheart!!

vfloresjr24
Apr 27, 2007, 11:15 PM
I believe its the real ethan. I'm sure that due to some circumstances ethan had to do what he had to do.

Sinue_v2
Apr 27, 2007, 11:58 PM
It is Ethan... but he's playing the double (triple?) agent. This little olive branch he offered Laia and the Guardians is just a ruse cooked up by the Illiuminus most likely, as Megashi even said that it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If he still needed to keep his profile low in order to save his father, why bust into an Illuminus weapons production plant and let himself get exposed as a traitor?

I doubt that Ethan is really evil, but I sence that Sega is probably going to shift gears a bit in the storyline and thus need to make it look like Ethan simply used the Guardians to further his own goals within the Illuminus, whereas he's realling staving off an even larger disaster - one that includes the C.O.G who's role up until this point has only been vaugely hinted at. This will rekindle the hatred Laia has for Eithan going into AoI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-04-27 22:01 ]</font>

DemonCloak
Apr 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
I was pissed when I found out he continues to be a giant pussy after playing Story mode mission 8. The only thing cool about him is that crazy trench coat thing. I really want him to be evil. At this point that's the only way to save the crappiness of his character that resulted from the worst voice acting I've ever heard (I know that's an exaggeration).

Korokodo13
Apr 28, 2007, 01:16 AM
I chose the real ethan just to go with the flow and because everyone was doing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Korokodo13 on 2007-04-27 23:35 ]</font>

Cz
Apr 28, 2007, 01:24 AM
i say Ethan is gonna be the character that die.

Jakosifer
Apr 28, 2007, 01:28 AM
I hope Ethan is the character that dies. >_>

CrimsomWolf
Apr 28, 2007, 02:05 AM
It's 99% probable that guy in AoI video IS Ethan. As for hypothesis for Ethan beign undercover agent... it's very likely.
I haven't really play online story mode, but if I was working with Illuminus I would kill Laia and co. on spot.... so it's probable he's undercover.... But I bet he's working on his own.Why? Can't say for sure... maybe he has he's own goals to achieve or believes that Guardians are no longer able to act... so he decided to mess up with people on his own...

btw. I somehow hoped to see Ethan going Evil and have game with somewhat tragic ending. Like Ethan kills Laia (considerating he fucked up Magashi on one versus one and beated Karen in duel it's small thing) and than Karen going to him :

Karen(screams): NO!!!! YOU CAN'T BE ETHAN!!!!!!!
Ethan: Search your feelings dear..... you know it's true....
Karen: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ethan: Karen.... it is your destiny... join me and my Rouges... together we will rule the Galaxy!!!!!!
Ok it's a joke.... But would be fun for some people wouldn't it?

Arika
Apr 28, 2007, 02:56 AM
It is really Ethan, but at AoI, he is fighting for his father, he have to do what Magashi said

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 28, 2007, 03:15 AM
So has anyone else considered that maybe...just MAYBE................. That seed form was Hyuga?

By the way, love the new FMV of the Landeel escaping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-04-28 01:16 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 28, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-04-28 00:05, CrimsomWolf wrote:
It's 99% probable that guy in AoI video IS Ethan. As for hypothesis for Ethan beign undercover agent... it's very likely.
I haven't really play online story mode, but if I was working with Illuminus I would kill Laia and co. on spot.... so it's probable he's undercover.... But I bet he's working on his own.Why? Can't say for sure... maybe he has he's own goals to achieve or believes that Guardians are no longer able to act... so he decided to mess up with people on his own...

btw. I somehow hoped to see Ethan going Evil and have game with somewhat tragic ending. Like Ethan kills Laia (considerating he fucked up Magashi on one versus one and beated Karen in duel it's small thing) and than Karen going to him :

Karen(screams): NO!!!! YOU CAN'T BE ETHAN!!!!!!!
Ethan: Search your feelings dear..... you know it's true....
Karen: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ethan: Karen.... it is your destiny... join me and my Rouges... together we will rule the Galaxy!!!!!!
Ok it's a joke.... But would be fun for some people wouldn't it?

Then Karen dies of a broken heart... XD
Ethan: Karen, I can sense her?

Magashi: She is dead my son,

Ethan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
XD
I'd pay for that.

Sylpheed
Apr 28, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-04-28 01:15, Jonathan_F wrote:
So has anyone else considered that maybe...just MAYBE................. That seed form was Hyuga?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-04-28 01:16 ]</font>

That would be quite hard seeing as Hyuga talks to Laia over the comm device after you escape from the moatoob relics, unless the Hyuga she spoke to was a clone or some shit seeing as he was acting all WEIRD like.

neovivi
Apr 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
Well, that seed form was invincible, so maybe it survived the blast? Doubt it, but anything is possible.

SabZero
Apr 28, 2007, 11:43 AM
I think they want us to think it was Hyuga, and then point at us saying "Ha-Ha" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Parn
Apr 28, 2007, 11:48 AM
Actually, it looked like it was real time. The explosion effect was the same one used when Fakis flings planet Moatoob at you, heh.

Thrash777
Apr 28, 2007, 03:27 PM

Y'know... I think you might be onto something there...

Niered
Apr 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
I dont think so. I mean, it might have been, but the fact that Laia says something to the effect that there are multiples, not just one running around, makes that seem a little fishy. Also, Hyuga calls back at the end, so I doubt thats him.

What I really wanna see is how were supposed to DEAL with those things. I mean, theyre just amazing bad ass. New weapon type? A story event weakens them? Who knows.

imfanboy
Apr 28, 2007, 05:50 PM

Well, considering that his dialogue was "Uuggh.. Aaagh! Eggaahh!"

....Maybe he finally scored with the koltova juice girl?

And it wasn't fmv, but realtime - take a closer look at the Landeel flying away and you can see that it's not video but polygons.

Which is good, because the FMV in PSU looks worse than some PS1 games I've played. <_<

Dahilia
Apr 28, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-04-27 22:11, DemonCloak wrote:
I was pissed when I found out he continues to be a giant pussy after playing Story mode mission 8. The only thing cool about him is that crazy trench coat thing. I really want him to be evil. At this point that's the only way to save the crappiness of his character that resulted from the worst voice acting I've ever heard (I know that's an exaggeration).

My thoughts exactly.