PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Anyone else have this problem with PS2 controllers?

Neggy
Apr 28, 2007, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I'm an anamoly here, but the left analog stick on two of my controllers have started actin' all wonky. It only acts screwy when moving forward, it will jerk left and right at will while I'm moving forward, in any game, not just PSU. I know this happened to my controllers as a result of pressing forward on the analog stick so much in PSU, they're also both first model PS2 controllers, so I don't know if newer model PS2 controllers have the same problem. Anyone else suffering from this as well?

FUFME
Apr 28, 2007, 03:03 PM
All my frigging controllers broke playing this darn game - Im talking about ( 5 - YES 5 ) Controllers in the last 6 months.

- I get a physical electric shock and it kills the Left button press function. The function where I press the left toggle button in several times, it will display Character name, Character name w/ LV, or Character ID nubmer

I dunno WTF, I probably need a static mat by by feet when I use this controller or play this game. Ive had a PS2 since the original release of Grand Theft Auto - SA and never had this issue and then all of a sudden playing the same location I keep getting shocked

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-04-28 13:05 ]</font>

FUFME
Apr 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
The only resolution I can fix my problem is while playing this game to physically Unplug the Controller from PS2 and reseat the Cable up to 3 Times to Cycle the Option to Display Character w/ Their Level

PALRAPPYS
Apr 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
I really question how people can even use the PS2 controller...

Always hated that thing. :/

But I'll be honest, I've never heard of what happened to yours, Neggy. My friend has had a PS2 since 2000 and I've never heard of something like that.

Syl
Apr 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
I've been playing on PSU on PS2 since November. Dropped it (yes, my controller, keyboard, and even the ps2) on many occasion. Not a problem yet =/

Ethan-Waber
Apr 28, 2007, 04:02 PM
stop trying to eat the joystick?

ashley50
Apr 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've had that problem with my old PS2 controller that I've used for 3 years. The movement isn't straight anymore on he left stick my theory for that is repeated use...(I play a lot of Ace Combat games which can be a real pain when I had that problem).

i say just buy a new PS2 controller which will solve that problem...I did. =p

Neggy
Apr 28, 2007, 05:15 PM

How long have you been using the new controller with PSU?

SStrikerR
Apr 28, 2007, 05:20 PM
none of mine ever are screy, and ive had my slim only since xmas, but my old one from 2002 never failed, and my controllers, ive only had 3, 1s new, the other i recently sold, (never was a problem) and the other one, the only one i ever used myself never messes up, cept once in a while after pushing forward for bout a min or 2 it starts to get stuck, but that just takes a tap to fix, and as a final note, shouldnt this be in technical difficulties?

Libram
Apr 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-04-28 13:13, PALRAPPYS wrote:

I actually enjoy the PS2 controller every every other on the market. It doesn't have any weird button placement, all the control pads are extremely responsive, and the buttons themselves are all uniform and easily depressed. Ergonomically the only thing that beats the PS2 controller is the Wii controller.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 28, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-04-28 15:27, Libram wrote:

On 2007-04-28 13:13, PALRAPPYS wrote:

I actually enjoy the PS2 controller every every other on the market. It doesn't have any weird button placement, all the control pads are extremely responsive, and the buttons themselves are all uniform and easily depressed.

Hm. Well you're not the first to say it, but I should still respect what you say.

I just find the placement for the left analog stick a little... say, weird. I got way too used by the other consoles at the time PS2 was around, so once I played it, I couldn't adjust.

Oh well.

ashley50
Apr 28, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-04-28 15:15, Neggy wrote:

hmm...about 4 months now =p

Neggy
Apr 28, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-04-28 15:48, ashley50 wrote:

On 2007-04-28 15:15, Neggy wrote:

hmm...about 4 months now =p

Well. That works.

Thanks for the info.