PDA

View Full Version : So, is the game well populated still?

BryantGrundle
Apr 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
I was thinking of buying this since its been awhile since I last played a PSO, and was wondering if the game is dying, or if its still well populated? Is it easy to find a game, especially for someone low level?

Vay
Apr 28, 2007, 05:18 PM
PS2/PC servers have stayed at about the same population since I joined back in December... so it's about the same as it always was. If there's any difference from then and now it's negligable, I haven't really noticed personally.

Always easy to find a game low level on our server, if you go to Parum. Elsewhere is a crapshoot, but if you make a friend or two you can run just about any mission in the game.

Sekani
Apr 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
If you do nothing but Crimson Beast for the rest of your life, it's very easy to find a game.

Other than that, good luck.

(I can only speak from experience on 360, but I do believe this applies to both versions.)

BryantGrundle
Apr 28, 2007, 05:32 PM
Doesn't sound too bad, I figure Crimson Beast is a ship or something?

Sekani
Apr 28, 2007, 05:39 PM
It's a mission on Parum, right after Mad Creatures and Plains Overlord. Very popular because of the proportionally high reward for getting S-rank.

EDIT: Um, just realized you hadn't bought the game yet and so you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Let's just say the majority of the playerbase loves monotony if it leads to the greatest payoff. But yeah, the population is healthy on 360 version, and small but improving on the PS2 version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-04-28 15:42 ]</font>

TorterraEndor
Apr 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
Both servers has everyone spamming one mission. Right now, Crimson Beast.

If you find a group of friends, you'll have no trouble doing anything. On either server.

Neggy
Apr 28, 2007, 06:03 PM
On my alt, I have literally, from 1-56, and Ranger, Force, Hunter to 5, PT to 10, gotten 95% of my exp and MP from Crimson Beast. Not by choice, either. I can't get a fucking party anywhere else.

Go to Moatoob, people. It's all deserty, like Tatooine, which makes it awesome.

Ehhhhhhhhh, what I mean is, if you're in the right spot, you'll find plenty of people to play with. They like to do the same mission over and over again. It'd be like people doing nothing but Ruins 2 in PSO, over and over again. Get past Ruins 1, finish Ruins 2, restart the game. It gets monotonous.

But still, it's a solid game, and it is decently populated on the PS2/PC side. When AoI comes out, expect the population to grow A LOT. Get it now, grind your dick off, and you'll have a level awesome character for AoI (the expansion).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neggy on 2007-04-28 16:05 ]</font>

BryantGrundle
Apr 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I used to love BB and I just bought PSU about 10 minutes ago.

Dhylec
Apr 28, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-04-28 17:10, BryantGrundle wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. I used to love BB and I just bought PSU about 10 minutes ago.

So I guess that you're on PC, right?

_Vyser_
Apr 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
If you need help, I'll gladly help you start off. Also my group, :TFF:, specializes in helping people. If you see someone with that tag, ask them for help and they'll most likely help ya

60Hz
Apr 29, 2007, 04:12 AM
well the more the merrier, welcome to the fray!

Eleina
Apr 29, 2007, 04:20 AM
I wonder if universe2 will get 5 stars more often...lets hope so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thrash777
Apr 29, 2007, 07:11 AM
This seems to be a recurring topic theme...

SStrikerR
Apr 29, 2007, 07:56 AM
lol, welcome, char names ryan, and if you see me at LL 4th floor or in LL S, gimme a shout, ill take you to crimson beast and help you lv once or twice. btw welcome, and if you get on today (sunday) around maybe 12-2:30 est (pm) you could find me.

Nobo
Apr 29, 2007, 08:46 AM
I agree I made an alt yesterday and hes ranger lv 2 and lv 10 from crimson beast C.