PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Striking Weapon?

Dublio
Apr 30, 2007, 09:40 AM
Just curious for synthing purposes, which striking weapons are your favorite to use? Perhaps you enjoy smashing monsters in the head with your epic axe? Perhaps a massive sword to clear the room? Do you enjoy bashing the enemy in style with a double-saber or twin daggers? Bashing them in the face with your fists?

Personally I like using Spears. They just look so cool. Like running around with a giant pitchfork and turning the monsters into a shish-kabob. It just looks funny to me. I'm also curious as to which one-handed weapon everyone likes.

P.S. Yet another question lol. Should I make weapons less used since they'll be harder to find and thus worth more, or make mass production of weapons everyone and their momma is using?

Akaimizu
Apr 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hmm. I do like the feel of Twin Sabers as a hunter-type. I actually favor Spears when playing with a hunter-type. The 2nd PA is actually quite wonderful to support types due to its organzined knockdown. It really gives a lot of breathing room for support classes to do just about anything to get buffs in, and put some real disadvantage on the monsters.

Hard to decide between the two. This is only because I think I like the Twin Sabers regular attack combo a bit better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-30 07:47 ]</font>

Slace2k3
Apr 30, 2007, 09:54 AM
I like any single handed weapon, Saber/Dagger/Claw. that way I can use my xbow/mechgun, deal damage from a far, then close in for the kill, a true FG.
now where is my ult pa for the Saber and Dagger?

Paramedic
Apr 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
I like how Saber, Dagger, and Claw are grouped together...

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
I like Twin Sabers and Single Daggers the best. But I like all Hunter weapons in general as well.

ACH
Apr 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
Fists, there's nothing like taking down bosses with your own hands. Also they have some of the coolest PA:s.

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 10:21 AM
Knuckles and Twin Daggers

Dublio
Apr 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
There was only nine spots for polls so I had to lump them together lol. Maybe I should have replaced it with an "other" option. Anyhoo, I like using sabers as well but I need to diversify my palette and play with a few more weapons. Didn't really like swords although some people do. I think lots of people run around in-game with twin daggers, but its hard to really be sure unless you run around and check every single person's equipment lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dublio on 2007-04-30 09:27 ]</font>

Grand_Rider
Apr 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
I've always preferred swords, in PSO they were my weapon of choice. Unfortunately in PSU the animation for swords while much better visually, is far too slow and cumbersome to be anything more than a situational tool against the largest of creatures that have multiple hit points.

As a Fighgunner I've found myself making use of sabers, twin sabers and daggers with only one sword for the above encounter. It’s a pity.

Weeaboolits
Apr 30, 2007, 11:53 AM
I love daggers (both single and twin) and longswords. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cz
Apr 30, 2007, 12:00 PM
i cant like just one type of weapon. I like to use them all. ^__- As for synthing, i am trying to make them all above 20%. I cant vote cause you dont have "all of the above" or "I like all weapons" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyuki-chan
Apr 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
Twin Claws! Nothing quite like slicing Poltys to ribbons with a nice set of Twin Claws, a la Classic PS Newman style ;p (and the PAs are just plain fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Out of all the monsters in the game, my favorite to kill are still Poltys... it's like kicking babies... and i hate noisy babies... *kicks a noisy baby into a Pohlavohra's mouth*

RadiantLegend
Apr 30, 2007, 01:01 PM
sword/axe/fist/spear/twin saber

<_<'

amtalx
Apr 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
HEY! Wheres the saber? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Seriously though, I would probably have to go for the Spear based on looks alone. Even when I was level 1 I don't think I've ever equipped a melee weapon for combat (my main is a Fortegunner.) However, if I ever decided to learn a PA, I think I would go Spear.

Kaydin
Apr 30, 2007, 01:18 PM
I may be a Wartecher, but I love Twin Claws.

The S-rank ones look too much like bird talons, which doesn't fit me at all, so I'm fine with my A-ranks. ;D

Eleina
Apr 30, 2007, 03:59 PM
Double sabers!!! The S rank one are so sexy!! I never get bored of kicking the crea doubles around

Jakosifer
Apr 30, 2007, 04:09 PM
Twin Daggers, speed>>>Everything for me

Mayu
Apr 30, 2007, 04:14 PM
Spears, I Just love the damage on the First PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and double sabers

Eleina
Apr 30, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-04-30 14:14, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Spears, I Just love the damage on the First PA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and double sabers

And i thought that u despised fighgunner....

Mayu
Apr 30, 2007, 04:26 PM
-_- Hya got me to love them

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-04-30 14:09, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Twin Daggers, speed>>>Everything for me

Funny, I've always found twin daggers to be slow. Their combos just never end.

Jife_Jifremok
May 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
I've always loved the single saber. Just quick, simple slashes and the enemy's in the air and/or sent somewhere else. The attack power's not all that great thuogh so I use my other favorites, sword and axe, more often. I like how they're actually heavy, though they could stand to have a bit more weight (especially the axe).

Alpha-Hunter
May 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
Sword Hunter for life!

CrimsomWolf
May 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
My favorite wepon in PSU is Twin Saber.... maybe due to my fascination with various fighting styles.... and Twin Saber is is not one Saber.... Two Saber = More DAMAGE. Simple logic....
My second choice is than Double Saber, Twin Claw and plain old saber... But you can vote only for one....