PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Your gonna love this one....

Fulgore
Apr 30, 2007, 07:12 PM
DIZAS ... it will protect against physical attacks, up to 3 hits per spell when leveled above 21 I assume

RENTIS ... Same thing just protects against magic attacks

Ok, so I was wondering about how to level these things up quickly for one thing, (to get the 3 hit sheild effect, cause it starts out just 1 hit shield) and also wondering just how far you could go with it...

What I think "Could" end up happening is lot of runs on HIVE or S2 missions where I load up ALL my wands to Spam these 2 spells appropriately and Resta as well and do that mission after mission....I doubt anyone would even get Near Dying by the time both spells were lvl 21+ By the time you got close to losing the shield you'd get hit with another spell to raise it up again....

.....just a random thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
Apr 30, 2007, 07:15 PM
I bet because of this the TP cost is going to be so dramatic that the costs of pulling this off really won't be worth it in the end =/

EDIT* And I bet casting times and range won't probably allow for quick recasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-04-30 17:16 ]</font>

majan
Apr 30, 2007, 07:15 PM
umm....ok

anyway,thats consideirng if we get dizas/rentis,and if /when we do in this fucking decade,it will likely have a higher PP cost than giresta,and probably cost max pa frags or a very high amount of meseta.

though Im still not quite sure what the hell you are talking about,you can do taht pretty much anywhere

majan
Apr 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
yeah.speed leveling this spell is probably out of hte question.

Umberger
Apr 30, 2007, 07:17 PM
What worries me more is that when AoI comes around and Acrotechers get level 50 support skills. If their leveling trend continues, they'll each protect from 5 attacks. Granted that Fortetechers will also get it at 40 (only 31 matters) to allow for 4 hits...both of those are still pretty ridiculous though. I'd imagine the PP costs will be fairly high.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-04-30 17:18 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 07:17 PM
yeah TP/Casting speed will be crazy.

but, with an Me / Quick and a Comentaric, and a photon-cube, and meseta, can be done easily =P

Syl
Apr 30, 2007, 07:18 PM
Well, also notice how your 452 can only cast it to you? There might be a chance that you can only apply it to one person at a time, if not only to yourself.

pionear
Apr 30, 2007, 07:20 PM
^Well, my 452 also cast it on any NPC who's in my party as well, so they probably can cast it on other players as well.

majan
Apr 30, 2007, 07:20 PM
this is assuming that these spells will even be available to players in the first place.there are a few that are not available to us, i.e grants(what olgomons shoot in holy grounds is the new grants,ladies and gents,no more shattering glass http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) and that weird funky spell that machines use sometimes that makes that high pitched noise and seems to be light/lightning based.NPC's are the only ones that seem to have dizas/rentis,i.e maya shidow,and the 452.I think the 450 has it too idk though.

Ill beleive it when I see it.anyone who comes in here saying "oh,well,japan has this in the shop for 40k" without some legitimate proof,they obvoiusly are full of shit.the amount of shit Ive heard abotu what they have in japan,Im still probably infamous as the bastard who though 9*'s were comign to the NPC shops because I heard they were in teh shops in japan.

Fulgore
Apr 30, 2007, 07:21 PM
WatchThemFeed........Good Point!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Oh well.. Just wanted to support the teams

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 07:24 PM
452's Renis rings affect everyone, same as Maya's Dizas.

i know this b/c when she casts, i call "RINGS!! GET OVER HERE!!"

TorterraEndor
Apr 30, 2007, 07:25 PM
>_>

People saying 4+ shields are lol, theres no room for more.

Golto
Apr 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
I've had Maya cast Dizas and it effected everyone around her. Just lvl it through buff parties.

majan
Apr 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
yeah I hear ya.acrotechers are going to get a really bad rap though,as the 'support bitch'...I mean obvoiusly noone would take that class without being ready to play the support role but I expect numerous flame wars to spawn about acrotechers 'not doing their job' kinda the way forces catch some heat nowadays every now and then.just lettin you all acrotechers out there know that it may be a little rough inthe beginning,but from beginning to end youll be loved by people who can appreciate wat you do and not be a jackass that says, after being 1shotted by onmagoug on the other sied of the map, "WTF MAN????!??" yadda yadda...

bastards.
well,lets hope theyre available to us sooner or later.that would be fabulous.Im just pissed that i have to level up all my buffs/debuffs(though I only use jellen) to 31 come the expansion. >.< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syl
Apr 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
Hm, really? wtf, Like three people were right next to my 452, and I only got the rings >.>

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-04-30 17:25, TorterraEndor wrote:>_>

People saying 4+ shields are lol, theres no room for more.

It's still possible to be added to by some means (different animation? rings added in different areas?). Don't assume that it can't be buffed any further just because of something that only NPCs can currently use.

On 2007-04-30 17:26, majan wrote:yeah I hear ya.acrotechers are going to get a really bad rap though,as the 'support bitch'...

The difference is that techers are currently forced to support if they pick the job, while acros will have a variety of other jobs to pick. Acros will probably be mostly people who enjoy supporting. Obviously, there will still be people who expect too much out of them, but at least this time being on the other side of the room isn't an excuse (how wide was their resta range again? >.>)

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-04-30 17:36, WatchThemFeed wrote:
Hm, really? wtf, Like three people were right next to my 452, and I only got the rings >.>

they practically hafta be inside her [[that sounded wrong beyond belief]]

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2007, 07:58 PM
I love it when Maya casts Dizas on me. <3
But yeah, when my female Newman hits Acrotecher, I do fear the Dizas and Rentis expectations that are gonna come from people, but I'm glad there are madoogs, so I can cram those 8 support spells into 2 pallete slots.

Ravennittes
Apr 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
When Maya casts Dizas, she casts it in the time it takes to cast gidiga and spells like that. You have to be mighty close to her too.

Golto
Apr 30, 2007, 08:50 PM
If lvl 31+ dizas could stop more than 3 attacks maybe it starts a second set of rings?

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2007, 08:52 PM
That's what I was supposing. Since it only goes to lv50, I'd suppose that a second set of rings would reach halfway around the character, instead of a third. Alternatively, ST could change each ring to a fifth of a circle around your character.

Niered
Apr 30, 2007, 09:18 PM
Zorafim is probably right in her conjecture that the rings will shrink to a 1/5 size when applicable.

THe one thing I love most about this spell though is the fact that it works on-top of your evasion. If you block an attack the shield doesnt take a hit, which is the way it should be.

Rashiid
Apr 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
and if the spell does 0 to you, it doesnt take a ring.

little Barta from Bel Pannons do 0, so i still keep t3h rings!!

edit: confusion....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-04-30 20:10 ]</font>

Golto
Apr 30, 2007, 09:34 PM
Now that I think about it Zorafim's idea of each section getting smaller to incorporate more sounds more plausable. There isn't much room between Dizas and Rentis for more rings unless they really want to cover up your character with rings.

Also who says lvl 50 will be the final cap for PAs? ST's five year plan remember.

Kaydin
Apr 30, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-04-30 19:34, Golto wrote:
Also who says lvl 50 will be the final cap for PAs? ST's five year plan remember.If all ST does over the next 5 years is increase the PA level cap and stuff, I'm gonna be pissed. >.>;
Even level 50 is too high if you ask me.
I want new stuff, not just level increases!
Level increases just encourage grinding.
I want fun stuff, not grinding.

Scion
May 1, 2007, 08:53 AM
On 2007-04-30 17:36, WatchThemFeed wrote:

The range on these two techs is ridiculously small...

I've messed around with these offline...I have to say, it's going to make our list of things to do in our "support ritual" a lot bigger. I mean, that is, if it stays in it's current state.

The casting speed is not terrible. If you see how long it takes Maya/GH-452 to do it, then you'll notice that it doesn't take very long. They don't have any / Quick units either (Cuz I can cast my ra-techs a lot faster than them xD).

The only thing I'm concerned about is the PP cost of these two techs. Giresta was only 40 pp at level 1-10 offline. When I got it online though, man...That was something I was not prepared for.

It's not like we can do buff spamming parties to level these techs either. They HAVE to be leveled the normal way, and you have to wait until the barrier is partially destroyed to get exp for using it again (because those rings have an infinite life-span until something destroys them).

So, really, I can only hope that the PP cost is reasonable. 50pp at level 1-10 would be fine by me. I just hope it doesn't go over 100 pp at that level...that would suck. X_X

Eleina
May 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
My solution don't get them <_< let someone else use it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Lyrise
May 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
You guys are going to love (re: hate) what I'm about to say.

The description is true for both techs....offline.

Online, those 2 techs will only negate damage up to 30% of the protected character's HP. Once the damage goes beyond that, you take 50% of the damage you would normally take.

That said, this tech being used on fortefighters and other high hp classes, especially Wartecher, is how you get the maximum potential of those techs online.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-05-01 08:02, Lyrise wrote:
You guys are going to love (re: hate) what I'm about to say.

The description is true for both techs....offline.

Online, those 2 techs will only negate damage up to 30% of the protected character's HP. Once the damage goes beyond that, you take 50% of the damage you would normally take.

That said, this tech being used on fortefighters and other high hp classes, especially Wartecher, is how you get the maximum potential of those techs online.

452's are online only. and its Retis completly protects the tech.

i solo'd Lab S2 w/ my 452, Megid hit me and i lost a ring. nothing more happened. and i have Sori-Senba, so Megid normaly does 150 to me (buffed ones 450 >.>)

and Maya's Dizas completly protected me from a Gol Dova hit (note: they hit me for 900 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

Lyrise
May 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
Perhaps they haven't changed it yet over there; but I'm pretty sure of it over on the Japanese servers. Maybe NPC Dizas is completely different......?

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 10:11 AM
probably since ywealready sacrificing you rank by bringing in you NPCs anyway, they made the rings completly nullify attacks.

once we get em, im sure they'll change it, since it would make any mission just 100% flawless and not even hafta cast resta once....

chibiLegolas
May 1, 2007, 10:57 AM
If the techs really use up a ton of PP (most likely it would), I hope the limited PP in mags for AT can take the castings. Either that, or there's gonna be major photon charge usage on boss fights and whatever.