PDA

View Full Version : Synthing in PSU -to keep or not to keep-

Cz
May 1, 2007, 12:01 AM
Aye...the synthing in PSU can really suck sometime, and Sega is torturing our poor soul by giving us a low % on some S rank weapon [b].

So my thoughs are...does the synthing rate justified the drop rate of this game? Wat do you guys think of the synthing system and maybe how it can be fix? Give your thoughs and ideas...Thnx.

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 12:10 AM
No it doesn't, but we'll take it anyway.

watashiwa
May 1, 2007, 12:14 AM
PMs should get better at synthing particular item types the more they synth them. (So, for example, if you have a Striking 100 PM and have been synthing a lot of swords, there could be a bonus Striking stat that goes up as you synth sword type items. This bonus stat maybe has a maximum value of 50 or 100 but raises in small increments with every success.. just like how the stat raises when you feed your PM.. There would be a total of 4 bonus stats, one for each synth type, in addition to the 4 base bars which already exist on your PM.)

PMs shouldn't be locked down to the current 4 bars as the only means of increasing their success rate.

As of right now, if you don't have a "pure" PM in any particular stat and you plan to synth, you're probably wasting your time.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
ive made plenty of things w/o a pure.

Pures are a huge waste of time/meseta, so why bother.

Sylpheed
May 1, 2007, 10:14 AM
As long as 12* weapons have 90%+ success rate i'll be happy,otherwise ST suck

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-05-01 04:49, Rashiid wrote:

Yeah...

No.

My Strike PM took 6 days and 400,000 meseta. But, by all means, try making a Howrod on your dirty PM. Can I have the Dimate?

We outta keep it. Seems pretty decent to me. I can make my own crap instead of being forced to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a weapon I need.

None of the S Ranks I know of have low percents. When the database says "Base chance: x%" it means on a 0/0/0/0 PM it'll have x% chance to succeed. Why is that so hard for people to get?

I just want to know why Swords have a lower chance of success than every other melee weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-05-01 14:23 ]</font>

natewifi
May 1, 2007, 04:48 PM
No, synthing is terrble and boring, I ean etleast have a workshop or something like Star Ocean 3, other than that synthing is the dumbest idea and a waste of time, its just not fun cause sonic team doesnt know how to make fun things... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't know how you could get rid of synthing. Most people(not saying all) say "OMG Gureen photn suks". Most weapons that drop off enemies are netural element, so getting rid of synthing as annoying as it may be sometimes would not allow us to have the cool colors and element percentages to weapons.

Zorafim
May 1, 2007, 04:56 PM
Just to make my own things, I need to make a PM for every item type in the game. There are four item types in the game, and four slots to make characters. That means, in order to make every item in the game, I need to use up all my character slots.
If I want to make a new character? Too bad, the tech PM is more important. Grind mule? Nope, I have a muktrand synthing at the moment.
And the failure rate is insane. Paying so much for the items I need, and I don't even know if it'll work. I could go two weeks trying to synth an item while someone else gets it on his first try. He may also get a higher quality weapon than I do, even.

Still, it's better than the section ID system.

natewifi
May 1, 2007, 05:08 PM
The section id was b/s yeah, but if the way weapons came up was by them dropping as complete, then you could just change the synth idea to something like element change tekker's or something.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-05-01 14:21, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Yeah...

No.

My Strike PM took 6 days and 400,000 meseta. But, by all means, try making a Howrod on your dirty PM. Can I have the Dimate?

Job + Skool = limited play.
and with 400k, i could buy a howrod, thus making it stupid it use it on an effin PM.

why must you always attack ppl?

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
I want a minigame... :T

Like, you give the items to your PM, select them, and then a Button Mash game to determine % of success...

Something that gives people a better chance, and kills the wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:12, Gryffin wrote:

Like, you give the items to your PM, select them, and then a Button Mash game to determine % of success...

Something that gives people a better chance, and kills the wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You'll break you keyboard bashing it for 24hrs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 05:15 PM

Something that gives people a better chance, and kills the wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifWay too easy. x_X

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:15, Kaydin wrote:

Something that gives people a better chance, and kills the wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifWay too easy. x_X

Make it un-easy then...

YOU HAVE 15 SECONDS! YOU START WITH 0% AND EVERY 47.65 MASHES GETS YOU 2%!!!!

GO nAoOoWwW!!!111!!1!!!!ONe!!!!on3!!!!!!!el3vEn!11!!

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:17, Gryffin wrote:

Make it un-easy then...

People would hate it more then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 05:21 PM

Make it un-easy then...

Still too easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Ninja skills > Button mashing minigames. ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-05-01 15:21 ]</font>

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:21, Kaydin wrote:

Make it un-easy then...

Still too easy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Ninja skills > Button mashing minigames. ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-05-01 15:21 ]</font>

Psshh... Cowboy > Ninja.... </inside joke amongst F wingers in my school>

But, seriously, we need something more entertaining than 'This might not work, please forgive me!'

I mean, honestly. Make synthing less boring, and more successful (Or based on skill, or something!) and it'll be pretty FREAKING SWEET.

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:11, Rashiid wrote:

Yeah...

No.

and with 400k, i could buy a howrod, thus making it stupid it use it on an effin PM.

With 400k I could make a Striking PM, or buy a 10% Fire weapon.

I'll take a stab at making my own, thanks.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-05-02 08:29 ]</font>

GuardianPoe
May 1, 2007, 05:28 PM
Personally, I just find it sad to set something up that takes 12 hours, come back later, and find a monomate and a trimate waiting for me.

I'd rather synthing be tweeked/merged with grinding. Let the player grind their own weapons instead of bouncing from planet to planet, and let part of that process be the ability to use elemental photons and infuse them into the weapons.

It's pretty sad to actually get lucky and find a rare board, the rare ingredients and get it all together only to have the synth fail. I remember working my ass off one Sunday when I had luck three, trying to get nanocarbons while I was still poor only to have the badly needed armor for my Neuman Hunter chick come out as a Dimate. I was distraught.

Kaydin
May 1, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:23, Gryffin wrote:
Psshh... Cowboy > Ninja.... </inside joke amongst F wingers in my school>

But, seriously, we need something more entertaining than 'This might not work, please forgive me!'

I mean, honestly. Make synthing less boring, and more successful (Or based on skill, or something!) and it'll be pretty FREAKING SWEET.

I am a Cowboy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well... a city sorta Cowboy... blame my parents. >.<

But I agree that there needs to be some sort of skill involved, not just random. Button mashing would just make it worse.

I had the idea a while back that more photons added into the synth should mean higher percents, but that's much too easy.

Here's an idea: Synth Stats. Similar to your PM's Battle Stat. The more you synth, the higher the Synth Stat. The higher the Synth Stat, the better your percents come out. ;D

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:27, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
School + taking care of my mother (surgery) = constant AFKing and limited playtime.

no striking weapon 10% anything is 400k (cept S ranks, but thats even higher)

theres a difference between "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" and "waste of time"

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:34, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-05-01 15:27, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
School + taking care of my mother (surgery) = constant AFKing and limited playtime.

no striking weapon 10% anything is 400k (cept S ranks, but thats even higher)

theres a difference between "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" and "waste of time"

Yeah, but pure PMs are more successful than mixed ones.

How can you honestly think a higher chance of success is a waste of time? It'll SAVE you money.

And I'm sorry I miss-priced a 10%. It should have been a 24%. Don't think so? Look around.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:42 PM
its all too much time.

the 12:00s it takes to make a weapon, you could do Crimson/Lab runs, and make enough money to buy 3 of what you are making.

and %'s are a lie anyway.

failed 90%'s, and make 34%'s.

its all numbers to boost/lower confidence. its all still 50/50.

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:42, Rashiid wrote:

You can't be serious.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:51, Sychosis wrote:

You can't be serious.

0 armor PM. succeed Teroline (now thats a low %)
it has like....47 Tech i think, and i failed a 1* 90% Rod.....

so, i am serious.

you think i could give two shits if you agree with me.

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 05:58 PM
I fail Mayrods FAR more often then Ulrods.

Explain.

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-05-01 15:58, Sychosis wrote:

Explain.

New York lotto. "Hey you never know" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-05-01 16:01, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-05-01 15:58, Sychosis wrote:

Explain.

New York lotto. "Hey you never know" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

::Goes to play New York Lotto::

I have a 50/50 chance!

Cz
May 1, 2007, 06:11 PM

if this idea is really in the game...i would run to the store and buy me a turbo control. So, do i win now?? lol.

Yaoguai
May 1, 2007, 06:34 PM
its all too much time.

the 12:00s it takes to make a weapon, you could do Crimson/Lab runs, and make enough money to buy 3 of what you are making.

and %'s are a lie anyway.

failed 90%'s, and make 34%'s.

I must ask... Do you lose like 30 IQ points on this board? I mean I played with you in game and you didn't seem like a total pinhead but on here, well... I've NEVER seen you post a intellectual response. When you get a Halarod and break it on your PM I won't be able to hold back the laughter I mean come on... Seriously 50/50? This is almost as stupid as when you saving up 14 mil for a bow...

NPCMook
May 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-05-01 16:34, Yaoguai wrote:

I must ask... Do you lose like 30 IQ points on this board? I mean I played with you in game and you didn't seem like a total pinhead but on here, well... I've NEVER seen you post a intellectual response. When you get a Halarod and break it on your PM I won't be able to hold back the laughter I mean come on... Seriously 50/50? This is almost as stupid as when you saving up 14 mil for a bow...

Win... pure unadulterated Win

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-05-01 16:34, Yaoguai wrote:

1) friend has 'hybrid' PM (sheshh yall make sum stupid names up), always makes 2/3 of his A weaps.

2) friend #2 comes along, pure striking PM, 0/11 Jitseens...yes, JITSEENS.

thus; pures are stupid and a waste.

3) and, the bow is the ONLY one in the game. if anything its worth more then 14mil.

just cause you dont want it, doesnt mean its stupid for me to, so you can just suck me off for all i care.

and if i do get a Halarod [B] (which i wont, i do too many diff missions), i would throw it in mine.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 07:16 PM
is if yall dont evenn read about rants on THIS site that ppl failing w/ pures.

idiots....

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-05-01 17:16, Rashiid wrote:
is if yall dont evenn read about rants on THIS site that ppl failing w/ pures.

idiots....

60% =/= 100%

Take a statistics course.

Fulgore
May 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
The way I See it, things are working good already, but it does suck that the higher up you go with certain armors/weapons the less chance you have of success synthing Even with Pure PM's, it really sucks! But they do that obviously to keep them rare, to keep people playing and shelling out money to them and you have to admit, that if the challenge ever stopped, would this game really be worth playing? I say no.....Then it would be just like a Castlevania or Final Fantasy Game (not to diss them in any way) but I am referring to the rare items you get and the weapons. Suuuurrree you have to work for them too in those games (most of the time) but it's not the same....not even close....anytime you have to sacrafice days, weeks just to get one item you really want either buying or synth attempts or farming.....it just makes you appreciate it more and draws out the challenge.....and, I hate to say this, I REALLY DO!

Anything in life worth having.........IS A PAIN IN THE A$$ TO GET! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
lucky skool!!

and the administraters REALLY hate the spanish ppl, since they think they are always talkin bout em en espanol.

and, since im light-skinned like their skintone, they get all mad at me n shizznit....

McLaughlin
May 1, 2007, 07:54 PM
So basically, what I'm getting here, is that you're an idiot, and can't understand why 67% doesn't equal 100%, because black people go to your school.

I'm done here.

Cz
May 1, 2007, 07:58 PM
On 2007-05-01 17:55, Rashiid wrote:

LoL i think he means the Fire-Event

oh??!!! lol. i didnt though of that...hehe. Is that what you meant Van?

Cz
May 1, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-05-01 17:58, VanHalen wrote:

No the Ultimate attack event May25th. Not pick on Rashiid. I'm a neutral photon as well.

*giggles* neutral photon...lol.

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 08:00 PM
Me n Van are budds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (least i think, idk, since everyone hates me on this, hence the title i have, which is mainly why im never in Uni 15, why bother.)

Zorafim
May 1, 2007, 08:10 PM
I enjoy arguments. They're great for relieving stress, which I have plenty of.

Sychosis
May 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
Oh and uh...sorry for ruining your thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cz
May 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
ok Rashiid....i can see that a lot of people on this forum doesnt like you. Lets try not to make more enemies, ok? pretty please? ^__-

_DooM_
May 1, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-04-30 22:01, BunnyGirl wrote:
Aye...the synthing in PSU can really suck sometime, and Sega is torturing our poor soul by giving us a low % on some S rank weapon [b].

So my thoughs are...does the synthing rate justified the drop rate of this game? Wat do you guys think of the synthing system and maybe how it can be fix? Give your thoughs and ideas...Thnx.

Lets see...
I have an almost pure striking PM (lvl 84 or 83) and i tryed to synth this things:
*Like 8 c rank melee type weapons whit el-photons, it gives a chance of succes of 39%.
I only got 3 of those weapons (i was amazed because its was a very low%)

Then i decided to finally start synth A rank weapons of 8*.
*I bought a rappier and Bone dance boards (53% of succes) to try my luck and i got...

ONLY 1 RAPPIER (atleast whit 26% ground)

Synth its the most stupid thing in this game...

Gryffin
May 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
Mm, I try.

ON TOPIC!

I think Synthing is No bueno para me salud....

Emenies= Drop mai rarz plz...

(And give us a guy who changes element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Rashiid
May 1, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-05-01 18:29, Gryffin wrote:
Mm, I try.

ON TOPIC!

I think Synthing is No bueno para me salud....

Emenies= Drop mai rarz plz...

(And give us a guy who changes element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

why, Synthing is great for your health!!

Cz
May 1, 2007, 08:33 PM
i dont see how synthing is great for your health...lol. I have never felt so much heart broken moment when my PM said, "I am sorry, your STUFFS broke." Gosh...stop messing with my feelings. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
3 tries I made a Neacluc. Just for the color, I don't like it as much as my Rivetacle.

PALRAPPYS
May 1, 2007, 08:37 PM
I think I'm starting to understand why I don't try to post too much... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

All this criticism... well, I think I might want to stay out. Can we stop now? o.O

And synthing is annoying.

Parn
May 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-05-01 18:16, Rashiid wrote:
meh, they never ask to play....and when i ask, theres always an excuse.

which i figured was a way of saying 'we dont like you GTFO'

and Bunny, i see you friendly too. i like that.

i swear, with the PC/Ps2's kindness, it really makes me want to go over there. (i swear 360 is filled with assholes that only want to make others feel bad/wrong, as you can see in here)
*shrug*

I'm rarely asked to play by other 360 players as well. But you have to see things from their perspective. They already have their own little group that plays together often, and it's kind of selfish to expect them to make room for someone whom they're not all that familiar with at the snap of their fingers. After all, what would you think if the new kid in town that you don't know that well became upset because you didn't invite them over to your birthday party with all your close friends?

I've been on PC/PS2 since that's where I originally started playing PSU, and I'm currently still on 360. It doesn't matter which side you go on... you'll still get about the same proportion of nice people/rude people. Trust me... I've seen and experienced the game on all three platforms (no offense meant at all, but you PS2 players have my condolences... seriously, those graphics hurt my eyes)

And besides, you've never asked me to play even once. I'm ALWAYS soloing with my partner machine until I get an invitation or someone happens to join my games. I never bug anyone, but if someone wants me around, I always jump on the opportunity to make a fool of myself.

And that ends my serious post, meeting my quota for the month of May. Needs more gay'o'clock in here.

http://synbios.net/images/misc/psudance1.gif
YO GIRL WOAH GIRL
LOVE YOU GIRL!
GONNA GET YA~

Cz
May 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
so many off topic responses...lol. Lets get back on track with the topic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
The synthing system of this game has made me cried so many time. Yesterday i failed my 90% tenghoh bow....>.> That is just wrong...come on now, its 90%!! I was so disappointed how the pm failed that. My luck must have been SUPER bad during that day to failed something that is 90%. When you though synthing was ok, look over to the armor section % for synthing...now that can make someone days into a bad day...lol. I quitted making armor cause it was so annoying and i failed the majority of the armor synthing. I was fed up with the armor synthing, so i turn back to making melee weapons only now...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 09:26 PM
Dang now that really sucks(makes me worry about my Crea Saber once I find the last for coperneria http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

My GH-432 has been coughing up spears and axes so far but I can't wait until I make a 410 to do that but I'm lazy.

Thrash777
May 1, 2007, 10:15 PM
I just plain hate luck or randomness in games... I prefer skill or time/commitment...

Cz
May 1, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-05-01 20:15, Thrash777 wrote:
I just plain hate luck or randomness in games... I prefer skill or time/commitment...

aye...synthing is mostly base on your personal luck..if it comes out, yay!!! if it doesnt, bleh!!! I feel bad for someone that founded a S rank weapon [b] and failed it the next moment. Lets just say that person commit 1000+ hrs. and founded a halarod http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif yay!!! but the problem wasnt finding the halarod...the problem is making it. >.> This is where synthing comes in and just makes people nervous whether their synth will come out or not...and believe me, no one wants to wait 24 hr. only to failed a S rank [b]. That is just wrong and a waste of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-05-01 20:28 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
May 1, 2007, 10:41 PM
Sorry, but I have to say this.

On 2007-05-01 19:20, Parn wrote:
I'm rarely asked to play by other 360 players as well. But you have to see things from their perspective. They already have their own little group that plays together often, and it's kind of selfish to expect them to make room for someone whom they're not all that familiar with at the snap of their fingers. After all, what would you think if the new kid in town that you don't know that well became upset because you didn't invite them over to your birthday party with all your close friends?

I'll have you know I was once the new kid on the block, and all it took to become part of the "little group" as you put it, was a little initiative, I ASKED to play with them, and they let me play with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Parn, if you don't mind playing with a level 22, I'll go on my alt with you, because I hit 80 on omega quite recently.

Cz
May 1, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-05-01 19:26, VanHalen wrote:
Dang now that really sucks(makes me worry about my Crea Saber once I find the last for coperneria http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

My GH-432 has been coughing up spears and axes so far but I can't wait until I make a 410 to do that but I'm lazy.

if someone tell you that 90% wont fail, then use me as an example...lol. To fail a 90% is so unlucky...if you think of it...

Akio
May 2, 2007, 12:39 AM
Well as I do agree that synthing does make the rares from becoming to plentiful, I think also that the whole system needs to get an overhaul. I got a crea double board, 15 goldania, 3 junalines, and 2 relic edges, synthed and got a monomate. Now say i had got 3 goldania, 1 junaline, and a relic edge back from the affair, i might have not been that disappointed, but a monomate from all that hunting is a blow. Someone said in this topic (forgot name^^:) said you get more satisfactory from a wep that was hard to get, and i agree completely. However, if this system is to continue, they should at least make it more beneficial. Although I thought it should only affect %s, or the overall stats of a wep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akio on 2007-05-01 22:41 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
May 2, 2007, 01:00 AM
Synthing needs to be pitched out the fucking window. The entire idea of luck-based synthing is retarded.

Instead, I think it should be based around two concepts:

1. Minigames. This would still leave an element of luck to the synth, but preformance in the mini-game modifys for better percentage of success. True Fantasy Live Online, I think, was supposed to have a similar system, whereas more difficult items required more difficult/complex mini-games as well. A version of that modified for PSU would be nice.

2. Skill based. Your PM (along with it's evolutionary bonus) can increase it's chance to synth an item through practice, similar to crafting in MMO's. The more time and money you spend on getting your PM's crafting skill up in each area, the better and more reliable it's crafting ability becomes.

Perhaps a mixture of the two, but at LEAST #2. That way, even on a failed synth, your PM still gains exp in synthing that item type. You still make progress, despite the failure, rather than feeling like you just completely wasted your time hunting the board and materials needed to craft it.

QueenIce
May 2, 2007, 01:55 AM
On 2007-05-01 08:14, Sylpheed wrote:
As long as 12* weapons have 90%+ success rate i'll be happy,otherwise ST suck

I'm not sure about that. I failed TWO Tengohg Bows with 90% success on each board. </3 broke my heart

SStrikerR
May 2, 2007, 05:48 AM
On 2007-05-01 15:11, Rashiid wrote:

Yeah...

No.

Job + Skool = limited play.

why must you always attack ppl?

cause once you spend that money as long as you FIND the maats forever for the type of item you want, you dont have to pay anything, thus, you could spend 400,000 meseta and get 10 howrods, if you had the mats.

Sekani
May 2, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-05-01 20:26, BunnyGirl wrote:

On 2007-05-01 20:15, Thrash777 wrote:

aye...synthing is mostly base on your personal luck..if it comes out, yay!!! if it doesnt, bleh!!! I feel bad for someone that founded a S rank weapon [b] and failed it the next moment. Lets just say that person commit 1000+ hrs. and founded a halarod http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif yay!!! but the problem wasnt finding the halarod...the problem is making it. >.> This is where synthing comes in and just makes people nervous whether their synth will come out or not...and believe me, no one wants to wait 24 hr. only to failed a S rank [b]. That is just wrong and a waste of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-05-01 20:28 ]</font>

I have to agree with this. Unless you're mass-synthing for profit, the difference between pure and hybrid PMs as far as success goes can be chalked up to dumb luck. And the percentages are bullshit. Theoretically a weapon with a 70% success rate should work seven out of ten tries, yet I know few people who actually have that kind of success. Obsidian just has good synthing luck, pure PMs are still a waste of money IMO.

Nuclearranger
May 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
I think most S rank weapons should just be found in the weapon state or if not find the board w/ 100% SSrate and only allow synthing for the % of the weapon but thats just me.

Tuxedose
May 2, 2007, 08:49 AM
Well I both like and hate the synth system.

The good things are: - Rares are really RARES! and I like that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bad things: - Soooooooo Frustrating when synth fails especially on S rank weaps.

However I am not one to complain. The game rocks and if you put enough work in it then you will soon have you S-rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sekani
May 2, 2007, 08:53 AM
Apparently S-rank weapons have better success rates than A-rank weapons. Well, the Kubara ones do anyway.

Dhylec
May 2, 2007, 09:51 AM
OK, I spent more than half an hour going through & deleting a bunch of derailing & flamebaiting posts. Several people got warnings for that. This can be prevented if someone alerted an active mod to take care of the sidetracking & flames.

Now, the next person to derail or flamebait gets a week suspension as a reward. Otherwise, carry on. ;]

Shiryuu
May 2, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'd rather have a monster drop a weapon/armor with a random % or element than synth one.