PDA

View Full Version : Mad Crazy Stupid Luck

Neoptolemus
May 1, 2007, 05:13 AM
I recently decided to use shotguns (and found that they do in fact rock), and tonight I was building up the bullet levels for it. I thought I'd give Parum a shot, since De Ragan is a good place to build Ice bullets.

First, on Mad Creatures, I got Polties at the beginning, which, as my Easter Hunt told me, holds the possibility for Rappies. Didn't really hold out much hope, and I forgot about them until the second block. To my surprise, the little yellow buggers showed up. The first one fell and dropped a feather. When the second one fell, he left behind the mighty Giga/Skill PP unit! Needless to say, I was pretty stoked about that.

Then, after passing Mad Creatures, I decided to go all out and defeat the dragon. First Distova of the stage dropped a Goldania. Throughout the first two blocks that was the only rare I saw (with the exception of a [b]Scape Doll). Last set of spawns, one of the Go Vahras there dropped the [B]Vahra Claw. So, my excitement continued!

So I defeated De Ragan, and the first red I saw was a Par Ebon. Then next grouping had another Par Ebon, and I was excited about that (though real rares aren't something you can buy in a synthesis shop). It's just that I never find anything in those boxes except monomates and moon atomizers. Then, after my excitement for Par Ebons wore off, I opened the last two groups of boxes. I did a double take... there was a nifty little red shield icon lying on the ground. Turned out to be a Burn/Resist! And with that, my heart stopped (just for a moment).

So, like my subject states, this was some mad, crazy, stupid luck. And that was with NO photon luck. Time to go out and by me a lottery ticket!

I am convinced that I actually find more (and better) rares on my no luck days... though this could be the fact that I seem to always have no luck days, being a male cast and all...

Thought you'd all like to hear my success story. Best of luck to you now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoptolemus on 2007-05-01 03:15 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 1, 2007, 05:18 AM
hold crap awesome dud ^_^ my friend had 3 luck yesterday lol, we hunted for BH, nothin...no rares at all.

jayster
May 1, 2007, 05:39 AM
I didn't find my har quick yesterday with 3 star luck.. Congrats tho, that's insanely lucky.

Alpha-Hunter
May 1, 2007, 05:53 AM
most times I find "more stuff" on 3 luck days. most of the time we all probably do. I can't say I find "better" stuff during 3 star days because that's obviously not true. congrats on your luck! i'd feel really good if I had at least one day like that in PSU!

Tahldon
May 1, 2007, 06:17 AM
All that stuff in one day for a bullet training procedure?

*sigh* Now I'm depressed :/

amtalx
May 1, 2007, 08:40 AM
Thats awesome. Congrats.

Eleina
May 1, 2007, 09:25 AM
Some people have all the luck <_<

Davot
May 1, 2007, 09:38 AM
gggrrrrrr u found a skill pp save by fluke gggrrrrrr

LTrav2k
May 1, 2007, 10:22 AM
Congratulations!! That's some luck there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Lemme know when you are going bullet training again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Alpha-Hunter
May 1, 2007, 10:41 AM
man, thgat's probably the best way to find stuff in PSU. distant 2nd is endlessly farming the same run hundreds of times.

On 2007-05-01 07:38, Davot wrote:
gggrrrrrr u found a skill pp save by fluke gggrrrrrr

majan
May 1, 2007, 12:29 PM
goes to show you,you find shit when you arent looking for it

Midicronica
May 1, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-05-01 10:29, majan wrote:
goes to show you,you find shit when you arent looking for it

Kind of like the Sori/TECH Charge my group found off of Zoulgoug when were just passing through just to get to Eastern Peril S2.

Hath_Wrobo
May 1, 2007, 01:45 PM
Also like the Blackheart I found when I was helping majan level up his cast in Dark Satellite B.

ZeGoose
May 1, 2007, 02:09 PM
man i hate how u always find what u want when u are not lookin for them. Im depressed...

Dragwind
May 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
Wow, congrats. For you depressed people, just put in the time to actually hunt for stuff. I know you're thinking, "well I've done over 9000 runs of this." Well, its not enough. Keep hunting.

Neoptolemus
May 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all of the congrats! After I posted it, I thought I'd try for a BH in the HIVE, but, alas, none were to be found. I have yet to even see that rare creature, or a non-seasonal Jaggo, for that matter. I ran two more De Ragan runs today and found not much more than a Copernia. On the plus side, I have my Ice Shotgun bullet up to lvl 16 now.

Zorafim
May 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
What do you want for the PP save unit >.>

Shiryuu
May 1, 2007, 06:10 PM
Cg. I had similar luck too a couple days ago. 2 [B] Kotoha, 1 [B] Degahna, and 1 Jaggo Map (couldn't get them because FI required 5 people to open gates, and no one wanted to join) all in the same day.

VanHalen
May 1, 2007, 09:48 PM
Dude congrats on that huge find! Lol I remember when you had bad luck with Jaggo Amures I'm glad things are going your way now.

Neoptolemus
May 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-05-01 19:48, VanHalen wrote:
Dude congrats on that huge find! Lol I remember when you had bad luck with Jaggo Amures I'm glad things are going your way now.

<gotta bring the Jaggo Amures into this.... They're dead to me!> http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oh, and Zorafim, I gave the PP Unit away already. Sorry. I'll keep you in mind for the next one (if there is ever a next one). I've got no use for them. A Bullet one from a Jaggo, on the other hand... Looks like I'm heading to Labs S now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoptolemus on 2007-05-01 20:12 ]</font>